If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Alexander City, AL
There are 15 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Alexander City
- Changing Spaces Moving IncThe two men were excellent, careful with furniture and very fast. I plan on using them as soon as our home is built. Highly recommend changing spaces.
- Movers Direct LLCThanks to Angie's List I was able to find Mover's Direct and was pleased that they were fairly local to our area(40 miles). From my first conversation with Christy and giving her details of our move she gave me everything I needed to know and what to expect on our move. The guys were right on time, courteous and professional in everything they did from the first moment they arrived. They also made suggestions that were helpful and treated all of our possessions like it was their own. There was never one ding, drop or bump on doorways out of the old residence and into the new. Moving is never an easy experience but Mover's Direct made our move far better experience. Please use Mover's Direct for your Moving needs you will be glad you di
- Page RelocationPage Relocation is amazing!!! I had a bad experience trying to book my move with another company who were actually "brokers" working with many carriers....it was not pretty! I never got moved! My pastor's wife recommended Justin Page and his company, and I called them on Monday, and I was moved to Alabama on Tuesday - four extremely hard-working, professional and courteous gentlemen took great care of me. I am 72 years old (a young 72), a widow, and in obvious need of a moving company immediately. They made it happen with flying colors!!! I would recommend this company to anyone, without reservation, for sure
- Movers Direct LLCI am very satisfied, They were knowledgable, pleasant and hardworking. They took care with my belongings and they were prompt with their appointments.
- Changing Spaces Moving IncHouse was VERY box heavy (two 26ft trucks almost full) Guys were there almost fifteen hours and were SUPER positive the entire time. Rate was reasonable for the drive and what we had, but it may not be for just a 'normal' move. The guys were very professional, yet super friendly. Didn't break anything. Would absolutely hire again, but hopefully I don't need to
- Leaders Moving & Storage Co of ColumbusI have used Leaders Moving & Storage Co in the past for a full service. I have always had a really good experience. Their workers are really good. They were prompt and came out quickly. I had a positive experience with the last service too. I would use them again in the future.
- Motivated MoversExcellent Punctual and explained all cost and details immediately upon arrival. Listened to our request and offered suggestions to help make the move go quickly. Ben and Dell (or Dale) were exactly the "muscle" we requested. They were very professional, polite, courteous, knowledgeable, efficient, hard working and a treat to work with. Can't relay enough positives and would request and use them again without hesitation
- Movers Direct LLCWorkers, especially job captain Daniel, very skilled and professional... Whole job was smooth from start to finish. Christie responded quickly and thoroughly to every call and question I had about the move. I would definitely use them again.
- Motivated Movers of BirminghamThey arrived when scheduled, sized up the situation and immediately went to work. Their work ethic was impressive and their attitude was always helpful and positive. They worked very quickly but were also quite careful. Their experience in moving heavy and large items was obvious in the way they coordinated their efforts. Ours was a big job that took a long time, but they never slowed down and their positive attitude never decreased. Delivery the following day was an equally positive experience. They showed amazing hustle but with great care for our possessions. We were very impressed with our team and would recommend Motivated Movers wholeheartedly
- Motivated Movers of BirminghamTwo movers showed up exactly on time to move our furniture and everything we had packed in boxes (they will pack for you, but we did it ourselves). They were wonderful. Extremely polite and professional. They took good care of our things, wrapping everything well. They worked quickly and efficiently and cleaned up everything they used. Nothing was damaged or dinged by the move. I would definitely hire them again. I had a piano, which usually means an extra fee along with a larger crew. Motivated Movers had no extra fee for the piano but does require a 3 man crew. Only 2 guys showed up (I think one had called in that morning) and they handled it very well - the legs were actually more stable after they moved the piano than before! I would definitely use them again
Movers in Alexander City
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.coRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommenSonia A.
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Agent for united van lines.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them againJorge S.
- Business Description:ADT home security systems are backed by more than 145 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs. We have service centers nationwide that can install an ADT home security system within 24 hours in most areas. Once your home is equipped with our top-of-the-line system, it is connected to a network of ADT Monitoring Centers nationwide which deliver non-..Recent Review:My experience using ADT for a new alarm system was exceptional. Shout out to the service technician who got me all setup and even added an extra door sensor to my package for no additional charge. This kind gesture went a long wayPatrick M.
- Business Description:Additional fax - (205) 699-3383. Additional email - email@example.com. Additional DBA - Birmingham Movers.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoin
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Sales Manager: email@example.com; Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dispatch Manager: email@example.com; Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
Deals in Alexander City for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Jacksons Gap
- Camp Hill
moving companies in Alexander City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 360 Auto Transport7717 Delhi Road
- 360 Auto Transport
- A Faithful Move A Move of Faith1105 Suncrest Lane
- A Wise Move4500 5th Ave S Bldg D
- A-Affordable Movers24176 Meaut Rd
Pass Christian, Mississippi
- AAA MOVING & STORAGE211 County Rd 610
- Admiral Movers1200 Newell Pkwy
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- Allied Commercial Services
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- American Eagle Moving & Transport5511 Highway 280 Suite 306, Greystone Park
- ANDERSON MOVING CO110 WALKER DRIVE
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A Faithful Move A Move of Faith
- J & M Moving & Storage Specialists, Inc700 Oak Heights Ct.
Port Orange, Florida
- J & M Moving & Storage Specialists, Inc
- M & K Professionals7074 w 8090 s
West Jordan, Utah
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Motivated Movers of Birmingham1969 A Chandalar Dr
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Muscled Up Movers3070 Leeman Ferry Rd
- M & K Professionals
- On Time Moving & Storage3520 Agricultural Center Dr
Saint Augustine, Florida
- On Time Moving & Storage
- Parker's Safes and Vaults www.parkerssafesandvault164 Cessna Ln
- Paul Davis Emergency Services of Greater St Clair84 Cedar Ln
- PianoMaster L.L.C.P.O. Box 2231
- PLS CONSTRUCTION CO.196 PALMER CIR
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Parker's Safes and Vaults www.parkerssafesandvault
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- Veterans transport1021 Berkshire Dr
- Veterans transport
- Yank's Mobile Home Moving3685 Washington St
Alexander City, Alabama
- Yank's Mobile Home Moving