What’s the cost of residential excavation? Before any new build, from a basement to a pool, knowing how much an excavator will cost is essential to staying on budget. Learn pricing estimates for various excavation projects and common excavation FAQs.
Get matched with top excavators in Fairbanks, AK
There are 3 highly-rated local excavators.
Recent Excavating Reviews in Fairbanks
- Ace II General ContractorsThe service was excellent. They are very good, they area very professional and quick to respond on your every request.
- BIG STREET CONSTRUCTION, INCBrian and Rich were wonderful! I needed a honest company that would give a fair price, and stand behind their work. I was in the midst of selling my house when I found my septic had failed. I called them, and by the next day they had begun work! The job was finished and they even picked up after themselves. They were respectful, professional, great communicators, and the first construction company I've hired that has cleaned up afterwards! Selling my house in North Pole, and buying a new one in Fairbanks was so much smoother with Big Street on the job!! Thank you! Mega
- Ace II General ContractorsHired Ace II to add a haul a few loads of gravel to my property to add to the existing gravel driveway. The bid included spreading and compacting. Also had them install two small block retaining walls, remove a few stumps, spread some topsoil, etc. We had a signed contract with a fixed price and any work beyond the contract was to be preapproved in writing. The work that was completed was substandard and not at all professional, in my opinion. They didn’t have a large enough crew for the job and left without fully completing it. I had to help spread topsoil and work on the retaining wall myself. I had to hire a compactor to finish working on the driveway after they left. They left construction materials and debris on site that I had to pay someone else to remove. Those are just a few of the problems they left. Then, Ace II had the nerve to present a bill that was 2 1/2 times what was agreed to...and with no amendments or changes to the fixed price contract! When I asked for load tickets from the gravel pit to compare to the number of loads they claim they delivered, they refused to provide them. When I pointed out the unfinished and substandard work, they didn’t correct it. I attempted to discuss the situation with Ray in a civil manner in order to resolve it, but he refused to have a conversation without cursing. He then had his attorney send me a letter to try to intimidate me. My attorney reviewed the case and said it was no brainer, they were trying to dramatically overcharge me for an unfinished, substandard job. He checked the court records (which you can do online - I should have) and discovered that they had just come off of an enormous lawsuit on another job. Sure wish I had checked that out before hiring them. My attorney fired off a letter in response and they backed down. I would never recommend this contractor to anyone
Excavators in Fairbanks
- Business Description:We are general contractors licensed, bonded, and insured with a residential endorsement (#117477) meaning that we can provide new construction, additions, remodels, and renovations. We provide all services related to the above from the ground up. We strive to provide a custom experience for each homeowner. We are a partnership business with a combined 25+ years of experience. Please call or email to set up a free estimateRecent Review:Great! Case & Gamble were very professional and communicated well throughout the process. Would absolutely hire again.Daniel J.
- Recent Review:Although we ran into many complications ie, bees nest in the wall, electrical and plumbing issues, unsquare log walls, challenges of working in the middle of winter...Jason and his crew were able to press through completing the job with professionalism, dedication and patience. I would highly recommend Spartan Construction LLC for even the most challenging projectPat B.
- Business Description:For all your snow plowing and lawn service needs. We stand behind our work in the Matsu Valley.Recent Review:They did great. They showed up. They were reliable. They did a good job. They made sure we were happy.Jeremy H.
- Business Description:Drain cleaning, septic tank pumping, rotor rootor, camera inspection and locate, jetting and hot jetting, steam thawingRecent Review:It was wonderful and they were terrific.joan h.
- Recent Review:I am satisfied with his services. I would absolutely use him again.Susan R.
- Recent Review:Overall the job went well and the job was performed satisfactorily.Trevor H.
- Business Description:W. V. Builders Inc. is a residential General Contractor specializing in highly energy efficient homes. We are also a full service Excavation company, with the ability to install DEC certified septic systems, water tanks, foundations, driveways, and land clearingRecent Review:Aaron's crew was absolutely fabulous to work with. They did amazing work and showed attention to detail. I would love to work with them again when I get ready to renovate my bathrooms and kitchen! Aaron is a very knowledgeable and busy person. He is very trusting of his personnel. He needs to oversee his subcontractors work a little more thoroughly (thus the "B"), however, his regular crew is very goodRebecca M.
- Business Description:We are more than just a trucking company. We are a Alaska DEC certified sewer installers as well as a Licensed General Contractor. Need a sewer, driveway, repair, or other project. Give us a call.
- Business Description:General contracting firm in Fairbanks since 2002.
- Business Description:MovedRecent Review:They did a phenomenal job. A couple months later when I left Alaska, I got a call from a friend that my heating unit went out and pipes broke. Big Street Construction came out and handled things quickly and easily. They assisted me with dealing with my insurance and is the best in Alaska. They are all super friendly and so helpful! Very affordable. I'm unsure of the exazct cost as it was a few years ago but I just signed up and wanted to let everyone know how amazing this company isLeanne M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful excavator articles
The cost to dig a trench is relatively low, as it’s usually just the first step in a larger home project. In this guide we explain how much it costs to dig a trench to make room for things like utilities and foundations and what factors can drive up that
Call 811 before you dig in order dig safe. One call two days ahead of work can prevent injury and potentially expensive damage to underground utility lines.
excavators in Fairbanks
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Ace II General Contractors2289 Gunner Ln
- Ace II General Contractors
- Case & Gamble Construction8112 E 2nd Ave
- Case & Gamble Construction
- GREAT NORTHWEST INC2920 COLLEGE RD
- GREAT NORTHWEST INC
- Spartan Construction LLC157 Romans Way
- Spartan Construction LLC
- Victory Drain Cleaning 504 W 54th Ave
- Victory Drain Cleaning
- WV Builders Inc3555 Davis Rd #201
- WV Builders Inc