Protect your family and home by learning how to prevent earthquake damage before one hits. Even some simple steps can help give you peace of mind. The measures you take for an earthquake could also protect your home during other natural disasters.
Compare quotes from top earthquake retrofitting contractors
Get matched with top earthquake retrofitting contractors in San Jose, CA
There are 15 highly-rated local earthquake retrofitting contractors.
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Earthquake Retrofitting Reviews in San Jose
- Rhino RetrofittingFrom the very start, the people at Rhino Builders were very professional, helpful and extremely efficient. They were transparent and informative about our project and how their team of engineers and construction specialists would get it done. They were prompt, conscientious, and they did a wonderful job. I would use them again for sure
- Rhino RetrofittingI was looking for reliable contractor on my kitchen remodel and after I interviewed many of them I decided to go with Rhino Builders. Shay and his crew came on scheduled date and they worked hard from first day to end of the project. There were no issues and final outcome is great. My kitchen turned out exactly as I wanted, beautiful and functional. I highly recommend this contractor
- Rhino RetrofittingI received 4 quotes my bathroom remodel and the best quote came from Rhino Builders so I decided to go with them. Shay and his team shoved up on time and they were professional, on time, efficient, clean and communicative. Shay was honest and helpful, true professional and always available. Although it wasn't very big project he took it very seriously. My bathroom turned out fantastic and I am super satisfied with result. Thank you Rhino!
- Rhino RetrofittingI went with this contractor on my kitchen remodel and I am so happy I hired them because they did fantastic job. Shay and his team were very professional, efficient, respectful and quick also. Shay was honest about everything and very helpful and communication was great. The project was finished on time and within my budget and my kitchen is top notch! I highly recommend Shay and Rhino Builders
- Perez & Perez General Contractor IncExcellent work on all projects. City inspections and permits were successfully obtained by contractor for foundation replacement. Contractor and workers were professional, efficient and communicative. Jobsite was cleaned up after each working day. All customer questions and concerns were addressed to our satisfaction. Would not hesitate to highly recommend Perez and Perez Contractions
- Bolt Down The Bay AreaExceptionally well. The Bolt Down the Bay Area team is very professional, knowledgeable, responsive and the project went very smoothly. The did everything correctly so I got my EBB (earthquakebracebolt.com) check from the state of California for $3000 which covered over half the cost. They have done over 1000 of these have the process down to a science. If you have an older house a seismic upgrade is money well spent to protect your home and your family. Plus, good luck finding a contractor after an earthquake
- A2Z Remodeling IncDor Ashkar responded immediately and was able to schedule the work to meet my needs. The work was done start to finish in six days with no interruptions. I did have to stay on top of the work to make sure everything on the engineer's list was completed. Their work was done neatly and the crew cleaned up at the end of each day so that I could pull my car into the garage which they used as a staging area
- Perez & Perez General Contractor IncIt was great working with Edwin Perez and his foreman (also named Edwin). They did great work at a fair price. They had to prop-up the house to remove brick foundation and replace with concrete. They also did a few other projects related to concrete and plumbing and drainage. I'd work with them again
- M&M Construction & Home DesignThis project grew in scope until it included external lighting, interior lighting and ceiling fans, a repaint of almost every wall and some miscellaneous remodeling (stair rails, furniture quake retrofits). It was completed without undue delay and minimal disruption to our habitation.
- Rhino RetrofittingI would highly recommend Rhino Retrofitting if you need the mandatory soft story retrofitting. All their staff was professional, clean, and timely. They walked me through the project from the beginning to the end. The price was fair, and they did not include any hidden fees. The workers showed up daily on time and left the place clean after each day, and they even finished ahead of schedule.When the city inspector came out, he told me he was very impressed with their work. Thank you,Rhino Retrofitting. I am satisfied and happy to recommend your incredible company
Earthquake Retrofitting Services in San Jose
- Business Description:Design Everest is a leading supplier of engineering and design services for residential and commercial construction in California. We are dedicated to providing high-quality with project delivery on schedule and within budget. Established in 2005, we have expanded throughout the state of California and developed into a one-stop shop for residential and commercial projects. Our list of services includes structural engineering, civil engineering, architectural drafting, mechanical, electrical, ..Recent Review:Design Everest is the best company I ever worked with. They have great pricing and very professional team. I had last minutes urgent request, they were able to help on the spot, saved me a lot problem and money on my home remodeling. I highly recommend them for anyoneJiazi G.
- Business Description:QUESTION: WAS THE LAST FOUNDATION COMPANY YOU RECEIVED A FOUNDATION REPAIR BID FROM ICC APPROVED? The Sure Safe foundation is ICC-ES listed and approved, which means the VR-1 foundation has been tested and evaluated to meet the requirements of all building codes and other applicable codes in North America and other regions around the world, and is the preferred choice of code officials and government regulators - allowing them to instantly approve our foundation repair with confidence and p..Recent Review:One of three quotes we got on our home for a big project involving cracked beams/joists and piers. Suresafe gave us a quick inspection followed by a quote- with the wrong math. When emailed questions pertaining to the 15k+ project few were answered- and when I called their tone was that I clearly didn't know much about foundation repair. I value when someone takes time to share expertise in their area of work so I am comfortable paying that amount of money- I did not feel that in this interaction. Opted to not use their servicesCatherine B.
- Business Description:Safe Engineering Construction offers full Design / Build services with over 30 years of local San Francisco / Bay Area experience. Specialized in Seismic/ Earthquake / Soft Story Retrofits, Steel Moment Frames, Foundation Retrofits, leveling, Deck and Balconies repairs and building Retaining Walls.
- Business Description:Our company prides itself o installing system that work to project you home and business. Drainage is unseen area of homes were built in the 1950’s or earlier. Due to age, quality of the materials, and dated construction techniques, many older homes are more vulnerable to the effects of water weather and aging foundations can shift due to soil conditionsRecent Review:It was great working with Edwin Perez and his foreman (also named Edwin). They did great work at a fair price. They had to prop-up the house to remove brick foundation and replace with concrete. They also did a few other projects related to concrete and plumbing and drainage. I'd work with them againHarvey G.
- Business Description:We are a small, local company and our main goal is to make sure our customers are happy. We cannot send a quote, but we can come out to your property for a free estimate to look at the job and what work is needed and then give you a quote based on exactly what you need and want to be done. Estimate is completely free! Price is given at the end of the estimate and we go from there. We have a huge portfolio of pictures and references and can take you to many previous jobs that have been complet..Recent Review:Initially we had them do the kitchen and 2 bathrooms, then we had them repaint the whole interior, replace our flooring and redo some tilework on our fireplace. I'm really happy with the results, though it was a lot of work involved to get there. GMBCs crew, especially Armando, were great to workNino M.
- Business Description:Residential Seismic Retrofits anywhere in the Bay Area! Most homes built before 2005 have inadequate connections from the foundation to the wood framing to protect against the forces of a significant earthquake. We inspect your crawlspace and evaluate current foundation bolts and washers for size, spacing and placement. We look for un-braced cripple walls and evaluate how the bottom of the floor structure is connected. This inspection is FREE. We apply the principles of "Standard Plan Set A" ..Recent Review:Jason & his crew were able to complete the job in a single day with some extra crew and a bunch of extra effort. They did a great job, were right on time, cleaned up nicely. All interactions and communication was professional and right on. I'd certainly recommend them for this type of workMichael M.
- Business Description:Dear homeowner, Brother & Brother Remodeling is a well rounded company responsible as a licensed California general building contractor for over 10 years. Our mission statement is constant and never ending improvement. We strive to provide the best value for our customers with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction. We stand ready to partner with you in transforming your home. Home is where our story beginsRecent Review:We evaluated 12 contractors for our project and selected Brother and Brother. They were not the least expensive (in the top 4) of total cost, but their gallery photos, ratings, and reputation was unexcelled, in our evaluation. Brother and Brother did a marvelous job updating our home. We initially had a limited scope of work to update a couple of rooms. After seeing their portfolio and discussing ideas, we decided to update our entire home. We really couldn’t be happier. Our project manager, Daniel, was super responsive. As we went through our project, he kept in contact and was always available quickly to discuss ideas and needed changes. The construction team had incredible, high-quality execution – super quality work throughout with excellent attention to detail. The team achieved our timeline exactly for completion – even though they had to work extra hard because of additional items we wanted to add to the project. And everything was done right and for the price we agreed upon. We haven’t had to call to address any issue or problem. They did it right the first time. And of course, it is beautiful. If you are looking at their galleries of photos and projects, you can have confidence that yours will look that nice too. We have some more work in mind in the future and we will no doubt work with Brother and Brother againCharles W.
- Business Description:A2Z Remodeling is a locally owned business, here to help you with your remodeling dreams. We are two dear friends with over 10 years of experience in remodeling and design under our belts, providing service all over the Bay Area. Our desire is to help you create your home oasis - the most peaceful and comfortable thing that a person has. Proudly accomplishing your projects within a budget and projected time frame, our team of specialists are enthusiastic and fully dedicated to you and you..Recent Review:Dor Ashkar responded immediately and was able to schedule the work to meet my needs. The work was done start to finish in six days with no interruptions. I did have to stay on top of the work to make sure everything on the engineer's list was completed. Their work was done neatly and the crew cleaned up at the end of each day so that I could pull my car into the garage which they used as a staging areaJon K.
- Business Description:Style and Structure, Inc. is committed to creating a better contracting experience throughout the entirety of the project process. From the inception of the vision to the completion of the project, we believe in providing our customers with the most genuine care and attention to detail. With our stellar craftsmanship, highest quality of service and a superior level of follow through, our goal is to create an enjoyable experience leading to the highest satisfaction for our valued customers. St..Recent Review:Style and Structure just completed my bath remodels. I couldn’t be happier! Liron and his team were professional, detail-oriented, efficient, knowledgable and accommodated my tight time schedule. Liron has a great vision and sense of style. I was always eager to hear his suggestions for the projects. He helped me so much in my decision-making process. I highly recommend Style and Structure for your next home improvement project if you are looking for high quality workmanship at a reasonable priceKathy A.
- Business Description:We at California Construction Company, strive to provide professional and polite construction service to our clients in the area of San Jose, CA. We have been in business for over 13 years and we provide a wide range of commercial and residential construction service, remodeling and new design projects. We promise to be fair in all our dealing, so please give us a call to discuss the relationship that is right for youRecent Review:We hired California Construction company for a complete remodeling (kitchen, bathrooms, flooring. This was a major work so we interviewed 3 others. California Construction company was pretty close with their cost estimate and solution approach with the others' so the price was fair. What differentiated them was the instant responsiveness for our additional inquiries and needs. We got great compliments for the results of their remodeling work. We had close interactions with the co-owner and rest assured: he always did the right things, he was fair, articulate, easy to work with. We highly recommend their service for sureTrudi A.
See all 15 highly rated companies in San JoseJoin Angi now
Find earthquake retrofitting contractors in
earthquake retrofitting contractors in San Jose
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A2Z Remodeling Inc585 Mandana Blvd unit 6
Oakland, California 94610
- Adriatic Builders408 Cavour St
Oakland, California 94618
- ADVANCED ENTERPRISES ELECTRICAL471 Calero Ave
San Jose, California 95123
- All 4 - 1 Concrete237 9th Ln
South San Francisco, California 94080
- AMC Builders, Inc.2318 62nd Avenue
Oakland, California 94605
- A2Z Remodeling Inc
- B A Morrison2544 Castro Valley Blvd
Castro Valley, California 94546
- B Side Construction1940 Union St #9
Oakland, California 94607
- Benjamin Construction, Inc.3641 Mt Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, California 94549
- Blaise Engineering & Consulting, Inc3130 Balfour Rd D #255
Brentwood, California 94513
- Bodhi Tree Construction5178 Mowry Ave # 116
Fremont, California 94538
- Bolt Down The Bay Area3790 El Camino Real #1007
Palo Alto, California 94306
- B A Morrison
- Cahalan Construction Co.2022 12th Avenue
San Francisco, California 94116
- California Construction Center1900 Camden Ave
San Jose, California 95124
- California Construction Company5948 Vista Loop
San Jose, California 95124
- Cline Construction, Inc.PO Box 7058
Spreckels, California 93962
- Crest Home Remodeling16610 Ventura Blvd #3
Encino, California 91436
- Cahalan Construction Co.
- D&R Construction63 Bovet Rd. Ste. 257
San Mateo, California 94402
- Dale Plumbing & Heating Inc2925 Crocker Avenue
Redwood City, California 94063
- Design Everest 365 Flower Ln
Mountain View, California 94043
- Detail Construction117 South Street
Cloverdale, California 95425
- DUKES HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING36601 Newark Blvd
Newark, California 94560
- D&R Construction
- Hulett Construction17140 Wilson Way
Watsonville, California 95076
- Hulett Construction
- Manuel G. Souza10205 Madird Drive
Gilroy, California 95020
- MEJA Construction1696 Trowville Ln
Hayward, California 94545
- MG Constructors & Engineers15650 Vineyard Blvd Ste A # 232
Morgan Hill, California 95037
- MICHAEL HEAVEY CONSTRUCTION2225 Ingalls St
San Francisco, California 94124
- Mr Fix it Handyman Services & Construction850 42nd Ave # 501
Oakland, California 94601
- Manuel G. Souza
- OHMS Handyman Services310 N Chapel Rd
Hollister, California 95023
- OHMS Handyman Services
- PARADIGM STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS450 SANSOME ST 5TH FLOOR
San Francisco, California 94111
- PEACE OF MIND STRUCTURAL INC180 South Blvd
San Mateo, California 94402
- Perez & Perez General Contractor Inc1815 69th Ave
Oakland, California 94621
- PJ PLUMBING CO.352 SUFFOLK DR
San Leandro, California 94577
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters3423 Piedmont Rd NE STE 350
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
- PARADIGM STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS
- SARATOGA KITCHEN & BATH20430 SARATOGA-LOS GATOS RD
Saratoga, California 95070
- Shoreway Plumbing Inc3158 Rolison Rd.
Redwood City, California 94063
- Silicon Valley Home Repair444 N 14th St
San Jose, California 95112
- Smart Builders Inc23144 Clawiter Rd
Hayward, California 94545
- Style & Structure, INC3478 Buskirk Ave Suite 1000
Pleasant Hill, California 94523
- Sure Safe EFS2534 State St Ste 436
San Diego, California 92101
- SARATOGA KITCHEN & BATH
- Warren's Builder206 Airport Blvd
South San Francisco, California 94080
- Warren's Builder
- Z7 Team Powered By First Stop Construction360 S Buena Vista Ave
San Jose, California 95126
- Z7 Team Powered By First Stop Construction