Cerletti & Kennedy Design-Build

Founded 1987 • With Angi since February 2011

2950 Buskirk Ave #300

Walnut Creek, CA 94597

A small family owned firm, Cerletti & Kennedy specialize in residential remodeling and additions, with an emphasis on kitchens. We are a full service, design build contractor, so we can walk you thru the design, planning and permitting processes as well as building the project. As a design build

05/21/2021

Tiffany B.

Matt and Robert were a dream come true - we had a pipe burst right when COVID hit last February and couldn't get any contractors to even come give us an estimate. The ones that did come bid very high and refused to deal with our insurance company. Matt and Robert have so much experience and made the process so easy. Their crew was fantastic, on time, respectful and highly professional. We were able to remodel our family room in addition to our kitchen and they are both beautiful! We will for sure use them for any future home improvement needs!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category picture framing, remodeling, home remodeling

05/02/2020

Celia B.

I hired Cerletti & Kennedy for the earthquake retrofit of my home and garage. Matt Kennedy really knows his business and I was easily able to understand his explanations. The crew were all neat and efficient. I wish I had known about this company years earlier!

Description of Work
Earthquake Retrofit

Category architect, earthquake retrofitting

04/29/2020

James H.

The job went well they're very professional company. They were on time. Clean. I like their platform of design and build. I saved money on the architect that way. They're easy to work with. And their prices were good. They took care of all the permit work plans and the planning department as well as all the inspections. I would highly recommend this company. Sincerely James Hill retired union electrician.

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen and bathroom

Category picture framing, architect, home remodeling

10/26/2018

Evan H.

First off, anything we asked to fix, they did. Outstanding work on the new floor, baseboards and countertop.. By mistake, they installed a new countertop for the divider between our kitchen and family room, for which they ate the costs and labor. The new backsplash looks great but we had to have them clean up some sloppy spots. The most problematic work was on a new cabinet (installed where a wall oven used to be). The LED lights we asked for were installed unevenly, and the supports for the pull out drawers were done in unfinished 2x4s! Very amateurish looking. BUT, when we pointed this out, it got fixed immediately. Responses with Anthony, the foreman of the subcontractors, was immediate. Would we hire them again? In a heartbeat! They will be the first people we call for the new flooring we want to go into our bathrooms.

Description of Work
New kitchen countertops, backsplash, install stove, new flooring plus baseboard and remodel a cabinet

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/12/2017

Ming T.

The price of the job was fair and the work quality was good but not great. They provided very little help in the design and helping pick out materials for the job. All of it was left up to my wife and myself, even thou they stated at the offset that they could help in this area. They also said the total job would only take 3-4 weeks and ended up taking 8 weeks if you count the final cleanup of trash and materials. Communication between client and contractor was weak. In most cases, the contractor would only notify me a day or two ahead when a worker will show up and there could be gaps of 3 or 4 days before I got a call. I would have to call him to fine out what the next schedule work would be. It is hard to plan your day not knowing when they would show up to work on the project. They also push customers to buy pr-fab counter tops because it easier and quickier to fabricate and cut down remodeling time, but I found out it not necessarily in the best interest of the client. The prefab size they recommended did not fit one side of my cabinets and had to buy an oversize piece which cost me 33% more than if I just bought a large slab counter top and had it cut to fit. The estimate of the work and cost is very general and does not give a complete detail of the work involves and the actual hours to finish a specific job. All payments were based on the general estimate and not on any specific detail billing for the payment. I only accepted this method only because I had remodeling work done before and know roughly what cost run. If I was a first timer in remodeling, I might not be so trusting. I do believe that the counter top company which they use on a regular basis is only average. I had a request to clean up the seams where the counter top was glue because it was slightly uneven, the company owner came out and said it was good enough to meet industry standards. What in the **** does that mean? I think a company in the business would want to better then standard and do an excellent job and not just an acceptable job. I didn't want to argue with the guy, so I let it go. The work in fine but the the paper work and billing is weak. Lack of paper trail made it hard for them to figure out how much was paid and what was owed. near they end of the project the contractor asked for my final payment when in fact I actually paid it a week before. The contract is a standard form which is not necessary cover all the work to be done and when installment payments a re to be made. Paper work is not their strong point and kind of a shame for a company that's been in business 20+ years.

Description of Work
I had my kitchen completely remodeled. Updated electrical, new tile flooring, cabinets, counter tops, light

Category remodeling, architect, home remodeling

AMM Fencing

AMM Fencing is a highly-rated outdoor construction company serving the Tri-Valley area, as one of its largest providers of residential redwood fencing. Our company offers competitive pricing and an easy process, from start to install. We provide each customer with a personalized estimate, and a high-quality installation process that fits your schedule. This has earned us the esteemed title of Diamond Certification #2084, with 98% of our customers stating that they would continue to use AMM Fencing for any additional projects. All of our Redwood is premium grade, locally sourced and naturally resistant to insects, decay, and warping! Our provided services are extensive, including Redwood Fencing & Gates, Pressure Treated Retaining Walls, Wrought Iron Fencing & Gates, Wired Fencing & Gates, Decks, Arbors, and Trellises. We are a locally owned, operated, and licensed fencing contractor committed to servicing East Bay communities like Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Diablo, Blackhawk, Alamo, Moraga, Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, Concord, Martinez, Castro Valley, Hayward, San Lorenzo, and San Leandro. Estimates are free, and provided Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm. No deposit is required and payments are made easy with our online billing system. We also accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash! Each homeowner that contacts AMM, can be sure that they are in dependable hands. C13-Fencing License Number #969043

Award 2022
    Northgate Development

Specialty Deck & Patio Builders! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Cal Preserving

Super Service Award Winner 10 years in a row and almost 35 years of experience serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area! When it comes to wooden decks, fences, siding, etc., we are leading the industry in cleaning, restoring, refinishing, preserving (staining, sealing) and maintaining all exterior wooden surfaces that are not painted. We do not do new construction, but we do make small repairs. One of our goals is to deliver the highest quality customer service and knowledge of exterior wood restoration, preservation and maintenance. Our policy is that we don't take a dime of your money until the work is done and you are happy. Knowledge about the product is one thing, but delivering outstanding service and running a solid company is equally important. Our mission is to advocate for your money and give good honest advice whether or not you decide to hire us.

Offers by Cal Preserving on Angi
    942024
    California
    Contractors State License Board
    01/30/2017
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

design, plans, permits, foundation, framing, doors and windows, stucco, siding, roofing, gutters, electrical, plumbing, heat and air, insulation, sheetrock, interior paint, exterior paint, finish carpentry, cabinets, flooring, tile, granite, landscaping, fencing, decks