There's nothing better than an evening by the fire, but have you ever wondered what's hiding in your chimney? Three chimney pros share odd things they've found.
Get matched with top chimney sweeps in San Jose, CA
There are 8 highly-rated local chimney sweeps.
Matching on Angi
Recent Chimney Sweep Reviews in San Jose
- AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning CoThey inspected the inside and outside and also cleaned it. The employee even had a stove pipe hat and laid down papers on the carpet so no soot would get on anything. He did an excellent job inspecting the chimney to make sure the chimney was safe. I was very impressed with them.
- ChimcareHORRIBLE COMPANY, horrible experience! Stay away from this company! Please read my story below to understand the level of service you should expect from Chimcare. You do not want to be stuck in my position. After paying our downpayment for repairs on our chimney (replacing an old chimney cap, chimney saver, and crown coat), Chimcare was prompt to take half of the final charge for the service. They told us they would schedule our service within 7 days. THEY NEVER SCHEDULED OUR SERVICE! We tried calling the company to get the service scheduled -- more than 10 times. The calls always went to voicemail. NO ONE PICKED UP! Two weeks later, we received an email out of the blue that a technician was on their way to complete the service. Of course we were not home. The above isn't even the worst part. The technician showed up without the chimney cap for replacement, so we told he he should probably get that part before repairing the chimney. He came back a week later to service the chimney and after I came out I pointed out that he didn't replace the rusted chimney cap plate. He tried to convince me that the rusted chimney cap plate was fine. I insisted he do the job right. He then confessed that the part he had was the wrong size and that he needed to order a new one. After all this, he came back again, but he brought what looked like a bent piece of sheet metal as the chimney cap replacement. Chimcare customer service agreed that this looked "disgusting". We finally had chimcare out for the FOURTH time to get this thing right. And the chimney cap they ended up installing wasn't even the right size in the end (see pic). And after all this, we still can't get in touch with their billing department because they invoiced us for the incorrect amount. AND, after emailing them to correct the amount with no response, they CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT SIGNED CONSENT. Do yourself a favor, avoid this company. Unless of course you'd like my experience or other 1 star reviews here
- Duct ProsThey were prompt in responding, polite, professional and efficient. They socially distanced, and were reasonable in their pricing. I plan to use them regularly!
- Duct ProsIt was very nice! Highly efficient, excellent customer care also followed and exceeded COVID safety precautions ( safe distance, doors opened). Rass and his technician are very positive, polite. I was very comfortable with them in my house.
- Duct ProsIt went great. I highly recommend Duct Pros. They were on time, professional, friendly and extremely knowledgeable in regard to the work we needed. I really appreciated that safety was also top priority for them which was reassuring to us. I would definitely hire them again.
- Duct ProsExcellent Experience! I highly recommend Rass for chimney sweeping. Rass did an excellent job: He was prompt, efficient, skilled, pleasant to work with. I appreciated the extra care he took to be Covid safe: He was masked, asked to have doors and windows opened, remained socially distanced, used hand sanitizer, and took every precaution. His communication skills were great, including doing a thorough job of chimney cleaning, and offering a summary of what he recommended in the future in terms of chimney usage and care. I would give Rass 5 full stars and the highest recommendation
- Duct ProsGreat! Rasul is a pro, and so sweet, too! He was extremely careful about Covid protocols and I felt really safe as a result. He explained what he was going to do before he did, completely cleaned up afterward, and left me with a fireplace that no longer blew smoke in my apartment! Hire him if you need this service
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceWhen the technician arrived on time at the scheduled appointment time, he immediately got to work. In no time, he found that the chimney had already been thoroughly cleaned. He performed the inspection and recommended we get a chimney cap installed and said it's something that we could do ourselves so it doesn't cost any more money to have someone else do it. I was very impressed of how honest he was as he could have gone ahead and cleaned the chimney knowing it didn't need it and charged me for the full service. Instead, he just charged for the inspection as this was the only service performed. I will definitely be using Mike's Mobile Chimney for my chimney/fireplace
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceChimney sweep. They didn't have any times available for 2 weeks, but fit me in early morning before another local service call next day. Fast and efficient.
- The Vent CleanerI was able to get a quote and appointment very quickly. They arrived right on time, were quick and efficient, and left everything as clean as it was before they arrived. As far as I can tell so far, they did a great job.
Last update on November 5, 2022
Chimney Sweeps in San Jose
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney sweep articles
Keeping your fireplace clean and maintained will help you reduce the risk of fire and save on energy costs. Get tips on hiring a chimney sweep.
A fireplace inspection is crucial to your home’s safety, and can keep cracked chimneys, creosote, and animals in your fireplace at bay.
Find chimney sweeps in
- Santa Clara,
- Los Gatos,
- Monte Sereno,
- Mountain View,
- Los Altos Hills,
- Los Altos,
- East Palo Alto,
- Palo Alto,
- Boulder Creek,
- Portola Valley,
- La Honda,
- Ben Lomond,
- Menlo Park,
chimney sweeps in San Jose
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning Co1712 Stone Ave Ste 1
San Jose, California 95125
- Chimney Clean Company1538 San Joaquin Ave
San Jose, California 95118
- CHIMNEY SAFEPO BOX 53417
San Jose, California 95153
- CleanVents LLC
San Jose, California 95116
- Duct Pros790 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, California 95129
- NEW WORLD CHIMNEY SWEEP5875 ETTERSBERG DR.
San Jose, California 95123
- Penguin Fireplace Inc.1520 N 4th St
San Jose, California 95112
- Royal Chimney Services2253 Maywood Ave
San Jose, California 95128
- THE CHIMNEY GUY14708 NELSON WAY
San Jose, California 95124
- AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning Co
- DNA's Clean Sweep Chimney Service & More4008 English Oaks Ave
Tracy, California 95377
- DNA's Clean Sweep Chimney Service & More
- GABRIEL MEDEIROS GARDEN SERVICE2285 AMETHIST
Santa Clara, California 95051
- GABRIEL MEDEIROS GARDEN SERVICE
- Hanahou Hearth & Patio1082 Hazel
Pinole, California 94564
- Hanahou Hearth & Patio
- Jda Chimney SweepPO Box 654
San Martin, California 95046
- Jda Chimney Sweep
- Springer's Deck Restoration1589 West St
Concord, California 94521
- Springer's Deck Restoration
- THE CHIMNEY MANPO BOX 1333
Los Gatos, California 95031
- THE CHIMNEY MAN
- United Chimney Inc579 El Camino Rl
Atherton, California 94027
- United Chimney Inc