AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning Co

Founded 1957 • With Angi since January 2005

Call (408) 293-47-17 or Email - service@aaa-furnace.com. AAA Furnace. Since 1957 AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning Co. has been a Duct Cleaning, Heating & an Air Conditioning Contractor in San Jose, CA 95125. We have over 30 of the most experienced HVAC Technicians and Cleaning Specialists on staff, with over 40 hours of training annually. Our truck mounted Duct Cleaning PowerVac – is the industry standard for the best duct cleaning results. Your home is protected by floor coverings and our technicians always wear shoe covers. Additional DBAs - A A A Furnace and Air Conditioning, AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning, A A A Furnace, Rando AAA HVAC Inc, Additional phone - (408) 264-0585....

4.4

HVAC Companies (375)air duct cleaning (63)dryer vent cleaning (17)water heaters (13)plumbers (11)gas leak repair (6)asbestos removal (5)chimney sweep (1)

08/27/2020

Paul B.

GOOD! ON TIME DID PROFESSIONAL JOB.

Description of Work
AC NOT COOLING

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

08/06/2020

Donald W.

We had a very old furnace replaced and had AAA Furnace and Air Conditioning come out and give us an estimate. We picked AAA because they are family owned and been in business seance 1957. Rich came out and inspected the whole house, attic, number of registers and where the best place for the compressor should be. We then went into the house and he showed me all the different equipment that was available and which would best meet my needs. He was here for about an 1 1/2 hours and there was NO pressure to commit and the price was SOOO reasonable no one else could beat it. On Aug. 3rd the crew came out right on time and started to dismantle the old system, installed the new furnace, evaporator, expandable ducking under the house, the electrical and coolant lines, also under the house. All this was done in one day. The second day, again arrived on time, Miguel continued working on the furnace/evaporator wrapping everything, strengthening the furnace platform and covering every little hole that a critter could possibly get into. He was so meticulous it was unbelievable. Jorge and Alberto went up into the attic and installed all the new expandable ducking, installed a new register and put the compressor in place. Miguel then wired up the compressor and attached the coolant lines. He attached the Freon tank and let sit for 24 hours to make sure there was no leaks. Again, all in one day. Day three again on time, finished up some minor things, wired the service center and ran the system (furnace and air) for sometime to be sure everything was working to spec. Miguel also showed me how to shut the system down for the winter without using the service panel. I want to say, these three gentlemen, Miguel, Jorge and Alberto were so polite, so knowledgeable, enjoyed there work and enjoyed doing it, that it was an honor too watch them. Their workmanship was impeccable. Being a retired machinist with a QA inspector as my wife, believe me, we know good work. We highly recommend AAA Furnace and Air Conditioning for you HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Replaced old furnace and added air

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, asbestos removal

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

06/05/2020

Eric L.

While he was polite, took notes and provided a professional estimate, pricing was a bit on the higher end with his company

Description of Work
1. Replace stairway banister with one that is up to code. 2. Replace carpet. 3. Fix broken board underneath carpet in hallway. 4. Repaint one bedroom

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

05/31/2020

Rahul K.

I did not get beyond scheduling a call with this provider. They are obsessed with collecting credit card numbers and discussing diagnostic fees. They couldn't care less to have a meaningful conversation about a customer's problem. This is no way to do business. There's a limit to one's greed. Disgusting.

Description of Work
A/C condensate drain clean up

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/31/2020

03/08/2020

Elizabeth C.

Good price, useful pre-installation meeting, excellent installation workmanship, home and residents were treated well. Would hire again and positively recommend to others.

Description of Work
Installation of central air conditioning

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

02/08/2020

Pamela D.

My experience went extremely well. The technician Nermin was professional , kind, knowledgeable and very efficient.!! He called 20 minutes before arrival, explain the issues with the noise, changed the filter and provided me with a discount ( Since I recently purchased an AC unit from AAA ). Nermin was also patient and attentive in speaking with me the options concerning my furnace. I would highly recommend AAA Furnace and AC to my family and friends!

Description of Work
I needed the furnace assessed because there was a banging noise

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

05/06/2019

Sue B.

Reliable service every time. Duct cleaning knocked some plaster off a couple of ceiling duct outlets, but otherwise a positive experience.

Description of Work
Annual service; also duct cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

Review for AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning Co - 1712 Stone Ave, San Jose, CA - 38904468

05/06/2019

Sue B.

AAA Furnace and Air Conditioning installed our system in 2003. We are diligent about changing our furnace filters but the last actual system tune-up was in 2011--way too long ago. The AAA Technician was thorough and honest. He did not try to sell us things we did not need. He scheduled Cleaning Specialists to come within a few days. They were prompt, thorough, and tidy. Because we are familiar with AAA Furnace and Air Conditioning we did not shop around for a better price. This was a truly pleasant experience and we got the results we wanted.

Description of Work
Tune-up and full cleaning of Furnace/AC system; duct cleaning, dryer vent inspection and cleaning, water heater inspection and service. Also replaced a dysfunctional thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

03/13/2019

Gernot S.

Yearly maintenance plan, which includes check/tune-up of furnace and A/C, changing of filter(s)cleaning. water heater flush, dryer vent cleaning. Last year they also did the duct cleaning as well as a full cleaning of the furnace motor etc.

Description of Work
Furnace, A/C, water heater checkup / cleaning

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

01/25/2019

Susan C.

My landlord Kip Martin of the Martin Group called AAA Furnace to repair a defective heater in my apartment after SJ Code Enforcement issued him a warning. I had been exposed to natural gas for weeks & was quite ill. AAA Furnace employee Monique Featherston called me twice and then, unbeknownst to me, sent 2 letters to Mr.Martin detailing our brief conversations and adding information that the City of San Jose had already proven to be false. I called her and asked why AAA Furnace was inserting itself into a legal situation between the landlord and the city and she said proudly "We've known Kip for a very long time and whatever he needs we'll provide for him!" It doesn't matter if they are 'friends' with a landlord, you don't provide false information to the City, period. I've attached one of the letters they sent to the landlord to use in court.( Although 'Monique' declares that the locks were changed they were not, the landlord hadn't repaired the broken locks from the previous tenant and the city was notified last November.) More importantly, why is AAA Furnace inserting themselves into this situation? When a repairman enters your home for repair, especially when you are so incredibly ill from a natural gas leak (Confirmed and corrected by PG&E), you shouldn't have to worry that they are also trying to gather information to help a 'friend' in a legal fight with the city. Incredibly unethical and unsettling.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

Review for AAA Furnace & Air Conditioning Co - 1712 Stone Ave, San Jose, CA - 37683532

12/12/2018

THRIPURA N.

The original installer would only schedule an appt. for the morning after I called, whereas AAA Furnace sent a technician who was nearby immediately to provide an assessment and Jeremy Glass not only assessed the situation but ordered a water heater which would work with the new SJ regulations and scheduled an appt. for the very same afternoon. He also shut of the valve at the top of the heater to ensure that water will not keep flowing in and further flooding the garage. The 2 installers came promptly for the afternoon appt. and took care of everything and cleaned up the area.

Description of Work
Replace a water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

12/09/2018

Ben M.

Things went well from the beginning. Very prompt responsiveness to initial calls through estimates and planning. Quick turn around on plans led to a quicker than expected installation date. All services were completed in a single day with a large staff of very professional and courteous workers. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replacement of furnace, water heater, along with adding of A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/09/2018

11/09/2018

Anita L.

They came promptly. It only took them 4 hrs; another company was going to take 3 to 4 days for the same thing. They changed the filter in my furnace and return air duct. They replaced the ceiling register for return air. At my request they didn't replace floor registers.

Description of Work
replace all heating and A/ C ducts and return air duct

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

11/03/2018

Mark M.

Went well. Tech was professional, polite, and knowledgeable. Price for the part seemed high.

Description of Work
Gas coupler sensor replaced

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

08/25/2018

Jim T.

I called for a A/C tune-up and received a quick service call. The guy that came out spent more time trying to sell me other services they do along with A/C full servicing. He kept asking me what problems I was having with the A/C unit which were NONE!

Description of Work
A/C Tune-up

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

04/21/2018

Steve K.

They installed our furnace and we've used them ever since for maintenance. We were behind on maintenance and when an intermittent problem cropped up in our furnace we knew it was time for annual maintenance. We had thought we had scheduled the "full" furnace/AC maintenance and duct/vent cleaning, but when the tech showed up he said he could only give us an estimate and we would have to schedule another appt. The cost was over $1000 and they also pushed a pre-paid $250 annual maintenance check for next year (which was included as a "bonus"). They would not leave the written estimate with us saying it would be presented to us at the time of the work because it contained next year's maintenance. We were dubious but we'd been using them for a long time. We scheduled a time slot during the day, but that morning they called say they could not arrive until after dark. Since our AC unit is in a side yard with no lighting we rescheduled. However I asked them for a written estimate that spelled out exactly what work they would be doing. It took 4 calls and when it finally arrived the quote was a single line that said only "Furnace Maintenance" - no mention of the AC or the dryer of ducts cleaning. We canceled.

Description of Work
Furnace Inspection, Cleaning, AC Inspection, Duct and Dryer Vent Cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 04/21/2018

03/28/2018

Beatriz S.

There service was great! I had no heat and when I called luckily they had an opening for me! I am 87 years old so I needed to have heat. The guy they sent out was really nice and thorough. He explained everything to me as he was going along. The only problem was my pilot was out. So I got a senior discount and he re-lit the pilot for me! He gave me the discounts I deserved since I’m a plan member so I only paid $70.00.

Description of Work
No heat - service

Work Completed On 03/13/2018

03/16/2018

matthew D.

The technicians made it out to my home on time and even called ahead. The work he did on the furnace was fantastic, the office employees that set everything up were very friendly and their prices were fair.

Description of Work
Maintenance

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

12/07/2017

Joseph M.

Warning: This company SEVERELY overcharges for parts. I called AAA because our furnace blower motor had stopped working. The technician came out and diagnosed it as a bad run capacitor. I happened to know that run capacitors were pretty cheap (usually $20 or less), so I was shocked when he quoted me over $300 to replace it. I asked him why they were charging so much, and he said that it was because it included labor and warranty. Well, the run capacitor was very easy to access (1 screw and two connectors), and takes about 2 minutes to replace. I declined the replacement, but I was unfortunately on the hook for the service call, and while he went back to his truck to get an invoice, I looked it up and found the exact capacitor for $6.00 on Amazon. When I pointed this out, he tried to warn me that Amazon does not warranty their parts. Heck, for $6 and a 2-minute self-install, I could replace it 10 times and never come close to what they wanted to charge me! I'll take that bet any day! His only response to this was, "Hey, all I can tell you is what it says in the book". FYI, I bought the part from Amazon, installed it myself, and the furnace is running great.

Description of Work
Furnace blower motor was not starting.

Work Completed On 11/21/2017

12/04/2017

Helen G.

Very good. They were professional and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning and air conditioner wash And cleaning . Two units.

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

11/30/2017

Elba L.

Service was prompt and the technician immediately identified the problem: a new motor was needed. It was an older model but he had a spare in his truck and was able to replace right away. He also checked the outside unit. We were pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Air conditioning unit had stopped working right during a heat wave.

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

11/15/2017

Norine D.

The team of Andreas, Pablo and Edgar were very good. They set up and cleaned up well each day and answered all my questions. It was a lot of work since my ducts also had to be replaced.

Description of Work
My 30 year old furnace needed replacing. I decided to also install air conditioning.

Work Completed On 11/10/2017