Penguin Fireplace Inc.

California: Contractors
02/28/2023

1520 N 4th St

San Jose, CA 95112

Penguin Fireplace does whatever necessary to ensure 100% customer satisfaction! We offer discounts for contractors and Angie's List members. Our employees are always willing to help you find a great fireplace to fit any budget!...

fireplace services (53)gas fireplace repair (14)gas leak repair (2)marble & granite (1)hardwood floors (1)electrician (1)

04/14/2018

Carol K.

After reading many reviews and checking out several fireplace stores I chose Penguin. I liked the emphasis on customer service, the fact that it is family-run, and that they feature Mendota gas inserts which are beautiful and offer many options. Ephrain is a delight to work with. He came to measure the fireplace, discuss the job and gave it careful thought. Gladys then gave me much additional information as I thought through the options, and Eric helped me select the traditional full insert when I came into the showroom. I especially appreciated Penguin’s dedication to customer service when I changed my mind about Penguin doing the tile work at the last minute. This was very inconvenient for them but they were gracious and made sure the new tile installers had all the information they needed to do a great job. And Ephrain came back to install the doors after the tile work was done, taking extra care that they were hung correctly and taking extra time to show me the details of the remote control I admire the approach Penguin Fireplace takes and I am thrilled with my new fireplace. It makes a big difference when the people running an operation have great values. I highly recommend Penguin Fireplace.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace insert installed; fireplace front and opening prepped.

Work Completed On 03/19/2018

Review for Penguin Fireplace Inc. - 1520 N 4th St, San Jose, CA - 36980860

02/19/2018

Raphael O.

Technician showed up on time and did a professional job. Would certainly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Install a new gas lit log in fireplace

Work Completed On 01/25/2018

01/15/2018

Donna C.

The gas piping was not set up correctly and the worker who came out had a little tizzy fit. The electrical side was supposed to have crystal insert but faux wood insert was placed. I called the manager of Penguin Fireplaces and he was very understanding. I had my crystal insert in no time. I am very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Outdated gas fireplace needed to be brought up to code. Because we wanted radiant heat in the kitchen, the fireplace had to be divided. one side gas/one side electrical.

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

11/01/2017

LAURA S.

Hector arrive right on time. I told him what I had done so far. I wanted the standard maintenance and cleaning, and to make sure that it stayed functioning. Hector thoroughly cleaned all components and fired it back up. Thank you Hector and the in-office staff that helped ensured that I could get the servicing done today. I am delighted to now have it back up and running. Be smart and have your gas fireplace looked at yearly. it is an investment! When friend ask me about where to look at gas fireplaces, I am quick to respond. PENGUIN FIREPLACE!

Description of Work
I am a repeat customer. Winter of 2016 and 2017 was very cold and my gas fireplace got a lot of use. It was shut down during the off months. I tried to restart it, about a week ago. However, both the remote and the receiver needed new batteries. I successfully took care of both, on my own, but the fireplace would not stay lit. It would shut everything down in less than a minute. I called Penguin on Monday and was able to get a tech out here today. I had a complication with the time frame, due to a dog in ICU, so Penguin was gracious to move the appointment up to an earlier time.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

03/29/2017

Rebecca G.

fine. covered in the overall review

Description of Work
Fireplace box in MBR would not work from the wall switch. Technician diagnosed and fortunately had the part on hand to avoid a return call. Fixed it, clean and prompt.

Category fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 03/22/2017

02/22/2016

Marian C.

I was able to make a Service Appointment within a time frame that seemed to work for Penguin Fireplace and me. Three men came to my Home within the window of time that was scheduled and they called to tell me when they were on their way. They were knowledgeable and organized, worked well together, were very patient and answered all of my questions, reviewed with me the details and my responsibilities regarding maintenance and were very mindful of their work area. I would certainly call them again and would recommend Penguin Fireplace to others.

Description of Work
Performed Service/Maintenance on my Mendota Seabrook Gas Fireplace Insert.

Work Completed On 02/04/2016

02/08/2016

Molly S.

Gladys helped me identify a plumber to run the gas line to the space -- for a reasonable cost. Then we discussed different models, sent me brochures, we decided on a model, ordered it and it was installed very quickly. It's a lovely fireplace and will be both great for us to use, and boosts the overall value of the house. Everything was quick, easy, good communication and understanding of my requests and needs.

Description of Work
I had an old wood burning fireplace that I wanted converted to gas. I had a line installed by a recommended plumber, then Penguin came and made measurements and helped me to select the model. It was ordered and within two weeks, installed.

Work Completed On 01/26/2016

Review for Penguin Fireplace Inc. - 1520 N 4th St, San Jose, CA - 30553067

12/19/2015

Linda R.

It went fine. Three guys installed it in 3 hours. They took care to lay tarps so my white carpeting would remain white. They showed me how to use the fireplace insert and gave me tips about wood.

Description of Work
Sold me a lightly used wood burning insert which included installation.

Work Completed On 12/19/2015

10/13/2014

SCOTT H.

It went good! I was very satisfied with everything they were on top of it.

Description of Work
They installed a gas fireplace

Work Completed On 04/11/2014

10/06/2014

John O.

Penguin Fireplace were great to deal with.

Description of Work
Installed gas fireplace

Category fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Penguin Fireplace Inc.

How is Penguin Fireplace Inc. overall rated?

Penguin Fireplace Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Penguin Fireplace Inc. open?

Penguin Fireplace Inc. is open:

What payment options does Penguin Fireplace Inc. provide

Penguin Fireplace Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Does Penguin Fireplace Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Penguin Fireplace Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Penguin Fireplace Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Penguin Fireplace Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Penguin Fireplace Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Penguin Fireplace Inc. offers a 5% senior discount.

Does Penguin Fireplace Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Penguin Fireplace Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Penguin Fireplace Inc.?

Yes, Penguin Fireplace Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Penguin Fireplace Inc. offer?

Penguin Fireplace Inc. offers the following services: Sales of Fireplaces, Inserts, Gas Logs, Mantels, Venting Installation for New Construction and Remodels; Service Calls and Fireplace Maintenance