Glass block walls are having a resurgence in home-design popularity. If you’re building a curved wall using glass blocks, follow these tips for success.
Get matched with top glass block installers in San Francisco, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local glass block installers.
Recent Glass Block Reviews in San Francisco
- American Kitchen And Bath IncOverall AKB was very through and very attentive to quality, appearance and style; from fine detail to structional work. The craftmanship was excellent. They were very responsive to our wishes and even our change in wishes. The price was reasonable and I would recommend AKB without reservation.
- Bath Doctor - Cleveland Glass Block - Innovate Building SolutionsDOUBLE CHECK HOW MANY WINDOWS YOU ACTUALLY HAVE IN THE BASEMENT. WE FORGOT ONE ON THE FIRST ESTIMATE, AND THEY NEEDED TO COME OUT FOR ANOTHER VISIT.
- Cools Custom Remodeling IncContacted Jay by email on June 14 and he called me within two hours. He came out June 15 showing up right on time. We told him the leak in the shower had gotten worse (we had a plumber go under the house). A number of ideas were placed on the table, but we really did not mind the layout of the bath. We did want more light so started the idea of a glass wall between the shower and tub. We had always loved glass blocks so asked about using them instead of regular glass. We knew then the plumbing would have to be moved to another wall in the shower. The tub was old but in beautiful condition as was the sink. The toilet was new having been installed about a year earlier. We wanted more light so went for a larger window. Jay said he would email us a proposal in four days, it came in three days. We read it over noted some questions which he answered in a phone call. We decided to move ahead with Cool?s for a number of reasons *Jay was on time *got the proposal to us right away *was willing to work within our budget * We could not start the project until late July do to family issues. Jay suggested we get everything ordered mentioning the window would take quite some time. Picking out tile was not something we were looking forward to but Jay met us at the store. We had picked out the color for the walls so picking out the tile was not really difficult at all. He steered us to the correct price range warning us we could pick what we wanted but it would run over our budget. Then we pick out the vanity top, we were not sure about the color but decided to trust his judgment and we are happy we did. Later that same day we ordered all the plumbing fixtures?done. A few days later we placed the order for the window. Jay called and warned us the window we picked was beautiful but over budget for the window, we decided to go with the more expensive window. We liked that he always told us when we were going over the agreed price. On July 23, the agreed date for the project to start the workers showed up. We had been given four weeks we figured five, it took six. The workers were there every day cleaned up each evening, were polite, and very professional.The part that surprised me was how much work the tile took, but its beautiful. The shower was usable at the end of week four , the door was special order which took extra time
- Bay Home and WindowWe just bought our first home and replaced an outdated built-in entertainment center that came with the home. My wife and I couldn't be happier with our experience. My main concern was creating a nice space for a modern TV. The old entertainment center was limited to a boxy 37and quot; with a ton of wasted space for over-sized compartments. The new design from Bay Home and Window made excellent use of all the space and allowed me to upgrade to 51and quot; while still keeping plenty of room for drawers and an elegant arched glass cabinet. However, the main reason I am writing a review was the great experience with the installation team. Josh and Don were skilled, friendly and just about as good as it gets. My wife and I suggested numerous changes during the course of the day and Josh and Don were able to make it all happen.Their attention to detail during the install and their skill and experience really stood out to me. None of the ideas we had were shot down or ignored. They thought it through and let us know if they couldn't do exactly what we wanted but would always suggest an alternative. It was a very positive experience and it felt like we were all part of the same team. To give an example, I had some concerns about air-flow in the cabinets for the A/V equipment. Josh came up with an idea to trim the corners from the shelves and drill multiple grommet holes. This would improve air flow as well as give me plenty of options when running cables. His solution was so great it should be standard procedure! I truly appreciated the modifications after they left and I was connecting all of the equipment. At the end of the day when they were wrapping up some last minute ideas came to me. I brought them up and felt bad because I could see they were ready to call it a day. To their credit they didn't make me feel guilty at all. They said it would be quick and no problem at all. They unpacked their equipment and went right to it. To give another example of how great Josh and Don were, they noticed my daughter (21 months) was startled whenever the compressor kicked in for the nail gun. They started to give me warnings so I could prepare her for the noise. By the end of the day she was fine with it and learned to say they were and quot;workingand quot; when the noise kicked in. Excellent customer service and an excellent product have resulted in an extremely happy customer
- Shaker Construction, Inc.Phil Schwob at Straightedge has worked on multiple projects at my home. Everything has been great, with no surprises other than they turned out better than i expected. He has remodeled my two bathrooms, and both turned out wonderful, the master bath is now a beautiful oasis. He is creative, friendly, timely ... Other jobs he did here, tiling my floors, rebuilding the fireplace front, painting, I highly recommend his work. The last job was my master bathroom, where we designed with ceramic & glass tile, glass blocks to the bedroom to bring in more light, heated floor, even a TV. Everything turned out perfect
- TILE DOCTOROur experience with Pete started with a call to get an estimate. He was prompt in arriving and getting the required information. We were impressed with what seemed to be a professional and efficient tiler. Unfortunately this was not quite the case. Quality: The quality of Pete's tiling work is top notch - he installed a glass tile backsplash in our kitchen and it is quite beautiful. He gets an "A" for the quality of the tile work but a "C" overall because he did not clean up the work area (leaving smatterings of grout on the walls, the floor and on a few kitchen fixtures) and left boxes full of trash sitting in our kitchen. In fact, he asked my dad, who graciously agreed to come over while Pete was working, to take the trash downstairs. Responsiveness: Pete quickly provided us an estimate for the work as well as answering many of our questions. His tone in the e-mail responses was curt, bordering on rude but over e-mail, you never know. Well, we found out. Punctuality: Pete originally quoted us 2.5 days to complete the backsplash. It took 4 days total, including one day in the middle where he went to "go work on another job". This was an inconvenience for us since we would have needed to arrange/juggle our schedules to be at home on a day when the work was to be completed. Worse yet, he simply informed us of this, and did not ask if this would be an issue or not. Professionalism: Absolute fail. In addition to the above, Pete tried to charge us for "elevator" time because he had to go up and downstairs (in our 4 story building) during the job. On the days that he arrived late (with no notice) he complained about parking (tho' he claims to have worked in the area before). Finally, lets just say a little "diversity training" would go a long way for Mr. Pete - he made some fairly insulting remarks to my parents while in our house. Bottom Line At the end of the day, the quality of the tiling is good (so far) but the extra cleanup work that I had do, the delay in getting the work done and the attempt to add bogus charges at the end of the job would lead me to say to give the Tile Doctor a pass. Find someone that will be more professional, honest and clean
- Wadsworth Glass IncAs above. The people at the front counter are very nice, but that is overwhelmed by the man in the shop.
Glass Block Installers in San Francisco
- Business Description:Family owned and operated with over 35 years of experience in remodeling and construction. We are committed to delivering timely, quality service, while nurturing and developing on-going relationships with our clients, customer satisfaction is our first priority. Our goal is to complete every job on time and on budget - Building Customers for Life., We take pride in the quality of our work. Established in 1984 M&M Construction & Home Design is A full service construction company which provide..Recent Review:This project grew in scope until it included external lighting, interior lighting and ceiling fans, a repaint of almost every wall and some miscellaneous remodeling (stair rails, furniture quake retrofits). It was completed without undue delay and minimal disruption to our habitationVylar K.
- Business Description:Peverini Tile, Marble, & Construction Inc. is your one stop shop for all of your remodeling and construction needs. We are a full-service construction company that specializes in residential remodeling and commercial tenant improvement work. Our residential remodeling division is a full-service remodeling division capable of all varieties of remodeling work including kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels, and interior remodels. From custom cabinetry to appliances to countertops, flooring and mo..Recent Review:The kitchen quartz countertops were installed perfect. The crew did a great job with installing and cleanup. Would recommenddave m.
- Business Description:Able Glass has been in business since 1969. Eric Holder, the second-generation owner, has been involved in the business since he was 12 years old. As a family-run business, we take great pride in both our work and in our service. We are so proud of the work and service we provide that we guarantee it. LICENSE: #690918. Voted - "Best Window Installer - " Best Door Installer & "Best Window Coverings/Shutters Installer" - San Jose Mercury Newspaper. A+ Rating with the BBBRecent Review:They did an excellent job. This is the 3rd time I hired them.William J B.
- Business Description:Enriques Tile is a family-run business, offering tile and natural stone products for immediate installation,sales and delivery, as well as in-house design services and complete custom capabilities. No matter how intricate the designs or how rare the materials, we offer assistance in every aspect of the specification process from concept to completion. Living: entryway, hallway, basement floor, fireplace Exterior: patio, balcony, building facade Custom shower stall const..Recent Review:We had a fantastic experience with Enrique's Tile. As part of a larger house renovation, Roberto and his brother Juan tiled the floors, walls and shower pans of our 3 bathrooms, the kitchen floor, the laundry floor and a floor-to-ceiling fireplace surround (32x71 tile pieces). They worked fast but were also very meticulous. They also have a great eye for design. Without me even asking, they arranged each tile piece as it made most sense given lines and patterns. And the fireplace wall almost looks like a single piece of slab! Their suggestions for grout colors on each area were also spot-on. We were thrilled with the overall final look. A great experience and would be happy to work with them in another future projectnarayan i.
- Business Description:Welcome to your production house for custom glass: we design and handcraft glass panels and sculptures for your needs! Call us to get quote now based on square footage! Contact online representative for immediate consultationRecent Review:For my last project I needed 25 pieces of semi transparent textured bend inserts. Palace Of Glass provided preproduction sketches displaying the different styles of pattern layout. My client choose to manufacture a sample first and Palace Of Glass delivered expedited production. Sample really helped to make final decision even though it was not cheap!!! The order was delivered timely, and detailed photos were provided by the factory including the shipping crates and the cut outs for hinges. Would order again! <brSusan D.
- Business Description:Kitchen, bath & fireplace remodeling specialist. Helping clients reach their full potential in home improvements.Recent Review:Phil Schwob was professional and talented. He worked well with my plumber to coordinate the plumbing and remodel with the tiling. He was patient with me while we worked out a tile pattern and suggested options that worked for my bathroom. I could not be happier with the results!Susanne C.
- Business Description:We are a General Building Contractor that specializes in Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Bank, Restaurant and Residential Construction with a four page list of services provided throughout California. YZ has been in business for over 13 years. Our reputation is known for our commitment to exceeding our customer's expectations in: Quality, Timeliness, Communication, Record completion at most famous malls, Safety & Performance, Quick Turnover, Solutions, Attention to Detail, Affordability, Vari..
- Business Description:Tile & mosaic contractor for San Francisco & North Bay Counties
Explore our Solution Center for helpful glass block installer articles
Hedayat Mukhtarzada, owner of Art Connection Oriental Rugs in Falls Church, Virginia, opened an oriental rug repair business after immigrating from Afghanistan.
Find glass block installers in
glass block installers in San Francisco
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Professional Pool & Spa1648 Sundown Ln
San Jose, California
- Able Glass Co850 Aldo Ave
Santa Clara, California
- Ace Shower Door & Glass28 E. 25th Avenue
San Mateo, California
- AL'S CHIMNEY CLEANING INC.579 el camino real suite #2
- AMC Builders, Inc.2318 62nd Avenue
- American Remodel and Repair18006 Incline Rd
- American Window Systems Inc1729 Action Ave Suite B
- Axiom Interiors6812 Endmoor Dr.
San Jose, California
- A Professional Pool & Spa
- MCB Remodeling2139 Yale St
Palo Alto, California
- MCB Remodeling
- Nicely Done1800 Sir Francis Drake Blvd
- Nicely Done
- O & M Marinovich Masonry INC.1261 Bretmoor Way
San Jose, California
- O & M Marinovich Masonry INC.
- Shaker Construction, Inc.1859 Sweetwood Dr
Daly City, California
- Shaker Construction, Inc.
- Vision Builders Remodeling705 Park Way
South San Francisco, California
- Vision Builders Remodeling
- WALTER BERNHARDT PLUMBING2727 39TH AVE
San Francisco, California
- WALTER BERNHARDT PLUMBING