Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Richmond, VA
There are 5 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Richmond
- KNABE OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENTPortable generator would not start. The company quickly picked up the generator; however, it took two weeks for them to begin the repair. When the work was completed--cleaning the carburetor, the person who called thoroughly explained all the work that was needed. More importantly, he explained how to avoid the problem in the future. The generator was returned in good order and ready for the next power outage
- Sears Appliance RepairRepairman took things apart and discovered a portion of one part had been chewed through. He ordered replacement part and dishwasher has been working fine since that was installed. He did market a general service plan/warranty offer while on site but was not over-the-top with the sales effort. Work was completed promptly and any mess removed
- Burchett's Small Engine Service LLCGood overall service. Took a little longer to complete service than originally estimated but it was a busy time of year for this type of business. I'll use them again,
- Randy's Small Engine LLCMy husband called Randy's Small Engine Repair based on the Angie's List review. Randy does not have a central office, instead keeping a pickup work truck filled with tools, parts, and other equipment. He came to the house to do the repair. He spent a lot of time assembling, then disassembling the mower, as he tried to get the mower working again. He got the mower working, then it would quit. He finally diagnosed a broken rod, which he had never seen on a push mower before. He told me that was a shame, because most mowers fail in many of the other parts, rather than the engine itself. Because Randy could not fix the mower, he did not charge anything except the house call fee. My husband said that Randy could have charged more, given all the work that he did in the July sun. We have already recommended him to my neighbors
- Burchett's Small Engine Service LLCI was very impressed with the service I received from this company. I called them to have my lawn mower picked up and they came the next day. My grass was getting high because of my mower not starting and when they came to get my mower, they cut my grass at no extra cost! That is way above and beyond!! They kept my mower for two days and brought it back to me in time for the weekend so I would be able to use it over the weekend. I will definitely call them again when the need arises
- KNABE OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENTI took the chance and called them to pick up and fix the machine. They picked it up promptly and quickly did the work. The machine was returned to me as and when promised and works great. The whole job, including pick up and delivery charges cost less than some other shops quoted me just to pick up and deliver the machine. I highly recommend them
- Burchett's Small Engine Service LLCI contacted Burchett's in regards to a repair on my lawnmower. I had it repaired (I thought) by another company last fall. When we attempted to use the mower this spring, we had the exact same issues that I paid to have repaired last fall. When I contacted the other company, I was told, and quot;Sorry, we only have a 30 day warrantyand quot;. We'll be glad to pick it up for another $80.00. Their shop is only 8 miles from my house. That's when I visited Angie's List. Found Mr. Burchett's listing and all that used his services were extremely pleased. Mr. Burchett's shop is in Midlothian, I live in Mechanicsville (a lot further than 8 miles). His price for pickup was $50.00. The lawnmover was repaired and returned. It needed a new fuel pump (my guess it the fuel pump should have been replaced by the company I used last fall). When we put it in action, we only got one strip mowed before it started choking out. As soon as you took your foot off the brake, it would try to shut down. Called Mr. Burchett. He said he may have to pick it up again and I asked about the pickup charge. He said and quot;No Chargeand quot;. He thought it might have been a safety switch located under the seat. He told us what to look for but we were unsuccesful. Mr. Burchett came to our home last night to check it out. Found the problem under the seat and fixed it on the spot. Did he leave then? Absolutely Not! He said he was going to hang around while my daughter cut the grass to make sure there were no other issues. There ended up being a small leak. Got his tools (BTW, it was 90 degrees outside), fixed the leak and said he was going to hang around until she finished cutting the grass. He was there for about 2 hours. Just waiting to make sure there were no other issues. Before he left, gave us his cell phone number and said if we had any prpblems to call him immediately. Said his warranty period was a lot longer than 30 days. Mr. Burchett is a fine Southern gentleman that is confident with his expertise and strives to always leave his clients better off than when he first met them. He definitely succeeded. I have absolutely no doubt that if you are in need of his services, you will be extremely pleased. He's from the and quot;old schooland quot; of a fair price for good work. Please contact me if you require additional information
- Burchett's Small Engine Service LLCWill use them for all small engine repiars and maintenance. nice guys, very professional, very reasonable prices. They made me feel like I was their priority.
- Burchett's Small Engine Service LLCDid a great job - even got one started w/o making me look foolish because I didn't disengage the blade. They are very very good - courteous, professional and know what they are doing. I highly recommend anyone wanting repair of outdoor equipment use Burchetts. They even cleaned the tractors when they brought them back - they look great and run better than before. Call them, you will be pleased with their work and with them
- Burchett's Small Engine Service LLCThe original order to their Honda parts supplier was somehow lost so they had to reorder. The replacement part came within a week as they promised it would and they said the original order issue was due to a renumbering of the part number by their supplier. My mower is about 10 years old so I think that is understandable. They installed it for me first thing on a Saturday morning as I waited without need for an appointment. The installation time was about 15 mins,which was very acceptable to me. Price was around $50 for part and labor which I again deem as reasonable. I also dropped off my weed eater blower which was having start-up issues and I asked for a repair estimate. I received the honest estimate in the promised 1-week time frame and we both agreed for what needed to be done and the cost to do so, I could buy a new blower, I will definitely go back to them again with my small engine needs. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. The owner and employees ar very professional, fair and competent
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Richmond
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!
- Business Description:Our company provides full-service work performed by professionals. We tailor the work to meet the customer's needs and budget. Give us a call today for your free estimate.Recent Review:I recommend him to other people and they give me feedback that they were happy with his work. He does a very good job. He was professional. He give me a price. He was a humble guy, well spoken, and easy to talk to. You just need to tell him what you want him to doLonnie S.
- Business Description:Proficient and experienced handyman with over 15 years of service work in all fields of residential and commercial home repairs. Over 600 five star reviews with On another platform called thumbtack. Started off as a part time job and has grown to a staff of 10 people all specializing in their own field. Painters, finishers electricians plumbers and Roofer. If you want it done right please call us for free estimatesRecent Review:We talked and he gave a quote of $250.00, the agreement was he would be fixing the issue that we have but after that time , about 1 week a half, Tony was a no show and never showed up for any schedule. and kept on rescheduling and I have text messages from him, and it is unprofessional to say that you are coming to work on a job, but does not show up at all. My tenants are upset and and I now owe my tenants for the work that Tony hasn't done at all. The last time he communicated was Last Saturday and said that he was working on a kitchen remodeling job, and his worker had back surgery and that I may have to look for another contractorMia O.
- Business Description:We are a service and installation based company. Providing customers with accurate service repairs on residential and commercial heating and air conditioning equipment. We specialize in energy efficiency systems, such as High SEER Heat pumps, Geothermal, Solar Thermal, 90+ Gas furnaces. Along with a line of efficient hot water heating methods. Offering the most competitive service pricing around, service visits a low as $85.00Recent Review:Great job. Armstrong worked with me on a somewhat unique schedule I required and met all of my expectations. Good quality work and equipment.CHRIS B.
- Business Description:Safe, efficient, and reliable Home Improvement Contracting! With over 10 years of experience, Yusaw is veteran owned and operated where clients experience civilian contracting executed with a military standard. Here at Yusaw, we offer respectful, and professional service at a fair price and are always honest with our clients. We specialize in kitchen and bathroom rehabs and are a one-stop-shop! Detailed Demos, Quick Rough ins, and finishing work, we do it all. We also offer handyman services ..Recent Review:Outstanding! Michael was very responsive and communicated well. We walked through the project and when he felt the work was unwarranted then he would recommend not doing the work. As work proceeded Michael always sought our approval for anything not agreed upon or changes. Work was completed in a timely manner! I would recommend YUSAW 100Tonette H.
- Business Description:We offer high quality work performed at an affordable cost. We take pride in our work and are here to give you a professional service every time. 6+ years experience in remodeling.Recent Review:Great! I highly recommend Brandon Rose. He has done several projects for me. Excellent workmanship and fair pricing.Cheryl B.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Repair services on all makes and models of outdoor equipment. Pick up and delivery services available for extra fee. Warranty, sales, and service center for Husqvarna outdoor power equipment, both residential and commercialRecent Review:WE GOT THE GENERATOR STARTED OURSELVES. COST $8.00 FOR STARTER FLUID. BURCHETTE SAID A 4 MONTH WAIT TO GET IN.Alan P.
- Business Description:Our backgrounds in horticulture, garden design, historic preservation and landscape architecture provide us with a unique and extensive plant and materials palette to draw from, allowing us to create elegant combinations of colors and textures. We offer financing for all projects over $25,000Recent Review:BCLS began with rebuild of deck, then patio then retaining wall and then struggled to figure out what to do with landscaping. So first time patio flooded with drainage, then yard, and after numerous calls and emails (2 months) they came and dug up yard again and now water drains under new deck and collects. I am having to hire a reputable company to come in and fix what BCLS left me. Would not recommend BCLS, a landscaping company should know how to fix and plan for drainageWarren K.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated since 1947. We sell and service Husqvarna, and STIHL products. We are an authorized service center for Troy Built
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Bon Air
- Highland Springs
- Glen Allen
- Manakin Sabot
- Colonial Heights
- Fort Lee
lawn mower repair shops in Richmond
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- COFER'S SMALL ENGINE13908 JAMES RIVER DR
- COFER'S SMALL ENGINE
- G T ENTERPRISES9519 Cool Spring Rd
- G T ENTERPRISES
- KNABE OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT14290 MIDLOTHIAN TPKE
- KNABE OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT
- Pro equip 15321 osborne rd
Stony Creek, Virginia
- Pro equip
- WACO INC5450 LEWIS RD
- WACO INC
- YUSAW CONTRACTING 1502 Spring Tree Ct
- YUSAW CONTRACTING