Glass block projects can be complicated. Do you know how much it costs? Learn the prices and the factors that shape cost to get the best deal possible!
Get matched with top glass block installers in Portland, OR
There are 6 highly-rated local glass block installers.
Recent Glass Block Reviews in Portland
- SUN DOG CONSTRUCTIONI first met Autumn Pardee and Sun Dog Construction when finding someone to do last minute foundation work so a friend to close on his house sale. Autumn jumped to the rescue, using his contacts to get it done during the height of construction season, for a very reasonable price, and in time to save the house deal. I then used him to help design and build a backyard oasis. Concept Planning: During the concept stage, Autumn walked through the yard with us asking so many questions, and pointing out logistics such as, “Everyone is partying in the hot tub, but they need to use the restroom…perhaps a small facility here in the corner of your garage so they don’t have to tromp through the house sopping wet?” Excellent idea! I’m glad it was planned for from the start. An Eye for Design: We had selected a pre-made glass block window for the garage bathroom. Once the project took shape, they suggested a different sized window that would fit better with the door we had selected and interior layout. Great eye for the project; it looks wonderful! Minimal Disruption: Throughout the project they worked hard to ensure that we were disrupted as little as possible, and the site was left as clean as possible at the end of the day. We were not without any utilities for more than two hours at any time in the project, despite putting in a new sewer line, and running water, electrical and gas lines to the garage. Quality Craftsmanship: The swim-spa and hot tub are different depths. They designed it so that they are both about 24” above ground for easy access and so they don’t visually dominate the backyard. This required incredible concrete and framing work, down to the inch. The interior trim work for the garage bathroom is beautiful; the exterior trim looks normal despite the fact the garage stucco was exceedingly uneven. Time and Budget: Sun Dog Construction is City of Portland FIR certified. This means they work with an inspector and can expedite the permit process. This greatly smooths and speeds up the construction process. The project budget they provided was what they charged. I did walk through the bid with them very carefully at the outset so that I knew exactly what they were planning on installing, and had it reflected in the contract. As we went through construction and small details came up, they never come back and say that would cost us extra. Customer Satisfaction: This goes along with their whole professional approach. They care about making sure we are happy with the end result. They fixed the trim we weren’t happy with; they worked to fix a drainage problem with the steam shower kit; they repainted the existing garage door to match the new one! That really helped make whole backyard come together. They care about the details that really make the project shine. Summary: Sun Dog Construction provides quality craftsmanship and excellent customer. They listen to what you, work with you on our specific requests to make it happen, and make valuable suggestions to improve the project and your experience. They care. I will definitely be using them for future projects
- Design Doctors Construction LLCDesign Doctors is a very professional and competent business with high standards for quality, efficiency and service. Jason and Rick, the owner and Job supervisor arrived for the estimate a few days after they were contacted and impressed us immediately with their knowledge and ideas. We had the job well figured out as to what we wanted done, and once Design Doctors were selected to do the work, constuction started within a couple weeks and met our time frame requirements. The job was done in about 5 weeks and there were 2 to 4 workers on it every work day. Having been a shop teacher myself and no stranger to the building/ craftsmanship/ woodworking areas, i can say that all aspects of the job went extremely well and done to the highest standards. All aspects of the job were handled by Design Doctors start to finish. They even carried a heavy leather couch around the house to the PODS container in the driveway and brought it back in after the job. They built a wall to contain all the dust and debris from entering the house so we had very little disruption to our lives or extra mess. Jason met us at Contract Furnishing Mart and helped us a lot in selecting our colors, tile, and accessories. Rick was a great job supervisor and organized the work so everything came together at the proper times. The room is beautiful and turned out even better that we had expected thanks to Design Doctors. We plan on having them remodel our bath and laundry in the future and highly recommend them. Rick kept us well informed of what was occurring each day during the job. Having owned this house for over 40 years, we have had our share of unscrupulous contractors leave us less than satisfied and a few times downright scammed. This experience has restored our confidence that it is still possible to get top quality work done, efficiently and responsibly for a fair price....and Angie's List played a big part in the selection of Design Doctors. Thank you Angie
- Columbia River Tile & Stone IncRight from the very beginning when we first met Jeff with Columbia River Tile & Stone Inc., he made us feel reassured that our project would turn out exactly how we dreamed it would. He helped us pick out the best tiles and stone for our project. He also helped us with some great ideas for the design and the tile patterns. We were informed right from the beginning about the timeline as well as what to expect during the remodel. Throughout out the project, we had no problems with Jeff and his crew. They were very clean and minimized the effects of the remodel on our lives. The price was very reasonable for all of the detailed work we had done. We have used contractors in the past that have led to some disappointing results. We were really impressed with Columbia River Tile & Stone Inc. They were referred to us by some of our good friends, and we just want to tell others about this company
- Innovate Home Org - Columbus Glass BlockFound Innovate Building Solutions during a web search for Glass Block walls. Reached out to request more information about the product and company. The company website is amazing and full of details and information about the product and installation. During the same day of my inquiry, I was contacted by Mike who engaged with me to understand what I was doing and answer the many questions I had. Mike provided me layout ideas and pricing for his Glass Block Wall and custom shower pan products and solutions. At the time I was talking with Mike I was considering do the work myself. Innovate Building Solutions products are so straight forward, had I been able to take time off work to tackle this project on my own, I would have gone that route. I am confident Mike would have been there to support my efforts as well. As it turned out, I ended up sub contracting the work out to a trusted contractor who wanted to go a different route instead. Professional, knowledgeable, and just great to speak with, Mike Foti left a high mark in mind and I plan to speak with him again down the road when I tackle my next project. If you are ready to explore a remodel or other type of project involving the products found at Innovate Building Solutions, please give Mike a call now, you won't be disappointed
- M J OLSON ENTERPRISES COWOW, IT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I WOULD RECOMMEND GLASS BLOCK TO ALL IT REALLY COMPLIMENTS A ROOM. WE LOVE IT. THE QUALITY OF THESE GUYS WAS SPECTACULAR AND THEIR CRAFTSMANSHIP IS SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT.
- METKE REMODELING & WOODWORKINGExcellent presentation and design by owner Jeff Metage. Project started on time and ended early. Very considerate to neighbors (in condo building). This company promises quality work and they deliver. Everything they did was simply outstanding.
- M J OLSON ENTERPRISES COIT LOOKS SO GOOD REALLY COMPLIMENTS OUR HOME. WE LOVE THE GLASS BLOCKS, WE GET MANY COMPLIMENTS ON IT. THIS COMPANY I BELIEVE MORAL WAS THE CONTRACTORS NAME WE WORKED WITH WAS VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES. VERY EXPERINCED, KNOWLEDGABLE, FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL.
- Pacific Rim Glass Block PanelsTHEY WERE JUST VERY NICE. THEY WERE HELPFUL AND IT WAS A VERY EASY TRANSACTION. WE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. WE WANTED SOMETHING AND THEY MADE IT. IT WAS PERFECT.
- Lowes Home Improvement WarehouseThrough the years of remodeling, I have noted the exceptionally friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff at the Hillsboro Lowe's but now have a name to put to that service. Bob Cage, the Zone Manager, has apparently inspired his staff to a level of competence unrivaled at the other home remodeling stores. I have shopped them all and the difference is profound
- Pacific Rim Glass Block PanelsWe have not installed the panel yet, but it appears to be well assembled. We appreciated the documentation they provided to guide us on the installation, which we are handling ourselves. Brian is excellent, he seems to be the low man on the totem pole, but I preferred working with him because he was calm and seemed to have the most knowledge of the glass block panels. There is another gentleman there who I believe is one of the owners, who is very enthusiastic about his products and can provide a lot of information. However, I would have enjoyed his help more if he was more easy going and less determined on showing you how knowledgeable he is and what he thinks is the best way to do things. I will continue to do business with this company because overall they are a great resource for glass block panels and other products, and I recognize the good intentions of all people
Glass Block Installers in Portland
- Business Description:GRANITE • QUARTZ • TILE We transform stone slab + tile into masterpieces for your home - Call Today for Free Estimate The difference is in the details Remodeling your kitchen or bath should be a dream come true. But even small projects can be stressful. There’s a LOT to consider, from creating a design, to picking out materials, to coordinating colors and managing contractors. It’s enough to make anyone pump the brakes and procrastinate—no matter how embarrassed you are about your dirty grout..Recent Review:Amazing! Marina coordinated ASD's work as well as the plumber's, so I didn't need to hire a contractor. They performed within the time frame and within the budget they initially gave me.T. A.
- Business Description:Oregon CCB #124374. Washington MAUGHDI943MRRecent Review:We bought our condo 6 years ago and knew we wanted to make some changes to the kitchen and master bath. We talked to a lot of friends and neighbors to try to find the right designer/contractor and procrastinated. This spring we finally made the leap and are so glad we did. Maughan Design was wonderful and exceeded our high expectations. Kudos to Crystal, Darryl, Scottie, Matt, and Brian. Close and clear communication Understood our taste and planned with that in mind Good suggestions; wish we had listened to all of them Handled all the bureaucratic maze with the condo board, management company, and the city Did not change the footprint of our rooms, but the remodel yielded substantially more functional space, more storage, more accessible, and more attractive Minimized inconvenience; only one day without water in the kitchen; cleaned up every night to minimize the obvious dirt and chaos Assured that subcontractors (carpenter, plumber, glass people, tile people, painters) were top notch and met user friendly and quality standards Crews were always pleasant and prompt, talented, and went the extra mile Everyone made clear that they wanted to make sure everything was perfect After completion, small problems (appliances and tile) were addressed quickly and completely The project was finished on time and on budget. We couldn’t be more satisfied and would recommend Maughan without reservationsRobert K.
- Business Description:We are a seasoned remodeling company joyfully serving Portland since 2004. We have 8-10 full time employees. We have all been working together for years. We only bring people that we know or who come highly recommended to the job site. We use a small group of very reliable licensed subs for plumbing, electrical and HVAC work. We stand behind our work and the work of all of our subs. We do all aspects of Residential Remodeling; Basement, Garage, and Attic Conversions, Additional Dwelling Units..Recent Review:The project went just great. The Sundog crew discovered wiring where it shouldn't be, and was able to quickly reconfigure upstairs lighting in two different locations and still the the project done on time. This is the third time (maybe fourth?) that we've asked Sundog Construction to help get a project completed, and every time it's been a success. Plus, we like the crew. They're cool, super competent, fast, and easy people to have inside your living spaceChris B.
- Business Description:Columbia River Tile & Stone is a tile contractor in Portland Oregon specializing in artistic tile installation. We are members of the National Tile Contractors Association, as well as being Certified Tile Installers through the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation. Through education and following industry standards we make sure each project is done right the first time. Our mission is to provide our clients with exceptional artisan craftsmanship and complete customer satisfaction. We pay attenti..Recent Review:Jeff and his crew were fantastic. They did an incredibly beautiful job with handmade tiles that were unusually shaped, and a request for a random color-pop pattern. Wherever there was the option of doing something easy or doing something well, they always chose wellKatharine L.
- Business Description:We are a small family owned company with a total of 10 employees. We are always striving to provide the best possible services while also keeping our standards very high. Ccb#185859Recent Review:My roof looks amazing. Im definately recommending these guys. Cravenho is fair and they did a amazing job.Mary C.
- Business Description:WITH OVER 26 YEARS SERVING THE PORTLAND METRO AREA, WE HAVE ASPIRED TO BECOME AMONG THE BEST PROBLEM-SOLVERS IN THE DOOR & WINDOW INSTALLATION AND REPAIR INDUSTRY. NO JOB IS TOO SMALL AND WE SPECIALIZE IN REPAIRS WHEN MANY CONTRACTORS JUST WANT TO SELL YOU NEW PRODUCTS. WE BRING OUR SHOP AND MECHANICS TO YOU WITH DECADES OF SKILL, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE AT YOUR DISPOSALRecent Review:It was challenging to locate a firm that would fix just the track. Most everyone was requiring we replace the full patio door -- to the tune of more than $5,000. Obviously, I was super pleased to learn about the at Anderson Door and Window Mechanics. They were able to juggle their schedule and get someone out quickly! Even on a rainy day. Jorge was fantastic. Very professional, detail oriented and diligent about making certain everything was in order. The track needed to be rebuilt from scratch. And now...ahhhhhh.....my patio door works again. No more clunking and pushing. Slides back and forth beautifullySheri F.
- Business Description:Murphy's Masonry & Construction, LLC has over 28 years experience. We are committed to providing the highest quality stone and masonry work for our clients. We believe this commitment to quality builds the foundation for lifelong relationships. Our goal is to provide the highest quality masonry/stone work at an affordable priceRecent Review:They constantly tried to up sell additional services I neither wanted or needed they didn’t have ash bucket since their plastic one melted. I found this completely alarming what chimney service would ever put hot ashes in a plastic bucket? A brick in my insert fell out after they left and they claimed it was wear and tear and my fault refused to come put it back in then agreed to but never showed up then did not answer or return my calls. My son put brick back in there was nothing wrong other than carelessness by Murphy’s. I would never hire them for anything again and would recommend others looking to use them continue looking for a good and responsible contractoAnn M.
- Business Description:We work hard to deliver an exceptional customer experience from the moment our customer contacts us. We believe in 100% customer delight. From the initial design consultation with our in-house designer to our professional and courteous installation staff, hired for their attention to detail, we are there for our clients. Our mission sets us apart, let us prove to you that we care about your homeRecent Review:Our laminate floor and carpeting job was promised to be done in 3-4 days. They started on Sept 9th. Finished on Oct 16th . 1) They ran out of supplies. Re-ordering caused delays. 2) The first contractor was not confirmed. It took 3 contractors to finish the job. 3) Some small finishing jobs were finished by Oct 9th. Loose carpet fixed on Oct 16thJill A.
- Business Description:OWNER-OPERATED. OCCASIONALLY USE SUBS FOR PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. MAY CONTACT BY EMAIL. CCB NUMBER: 156398.
- Business Description:80 employees. Additional DBA - Paragon Carpet & Interiors. Additional contact name - Dave Cutz. Additional phones - (503) 684-5330, (503) 597-5028.Additional address - PO Box 230845, Portland, OR, 97281.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful glass block installer articles
Hedayat Mukhtarzada, owner of Art Connection Oriental Rugs in Falls Church, Virginia, opened an oriental rug repair business after immigrating from Afghanistan.
Glass blocks provide an inexpensive, innovative solution for those wanting to build a curved shower or partition wall.
Find glass block installers in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
glass block installers in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advanced Glass Technologies639 Shenandoah Dr
- ALL PHASE REMODELING INC61225 Barger Rd
Saint Helens, Oregon
- All Seasons Remodeling llC4380 SE Whiteson Rd.
- ANDERSON DOOR & WINDOW MECHANICS INC9310 SW CAPITOL HWY
- Artistic Stone Design IncPO Box 801
- Advanced Glass Technologies
- Bukovina Tile & Stone Inc.9471 SE Chianti Terrace
- Bukovina Tile & Stone Inc.
- Element Homes LLCPO Box 61
Forest Grove, Oregon
- Element Homes LLC
- Interstate Flooring Co4075 N Interstate Ave
- Interstate Flooring Co
- KJL Tile & Masonry5702 SW Seymour St.
- KJL Tile & Masonry
- Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse1951 SE 24th Ave
- Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse
- Marc's Masonry16100 SW Century Dr #180
- MAUGHAN DESIGN INC1910 NW LOVEJOY
- Maximum Construction18410 S Green View Dr
Oregon City, Oregon
- Meister Masonry15337 S Hattan Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- METKE REMODELING & WOODWORKING17428 SW BOONES FERRY RD
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Mumm Masonry LLCPO Box 1666
- Murphys Masonry & Construction LLC11317 NW 9th Ave.
- Marc's Masonry
- Oregon Home Check10940 SW BARNES RD 216
- Oregon Home Check
- Pacific Rim Glass Block Panels12518 NE Airport Way Ste 150
- Paragon Tile & Stone Inc7102 SW Varns rd.
- PEERLESS RESTORATION17715 SW YAQUINA CT
- PHIL CHEK & ASSOC148 B AVE
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Portland Design Flooring LLC4409 SE 24th Ave
- Portland Glass CompanyP.O. Box 758
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Pacific Rim Glass Block Panels
- Radatti Tile and Stone2517 ne Sumner St
- Radatti Tile and Stone
- Venture Construction and Remodeling LLC6635 SW Hyland Way
- Venture Construction and Remodeling LLC
- Zawacki Construction37411 NE 24th St
- Zawacki Construction