Radon mitigation costs an average of $1,000.
Get matched with top radon inspectors in Norfolk, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local radon inspectors.
Recent Radon Mitigation Reviews in Norfolk
- Massachusetts Home InspectionsDavid was extremely professional and easy to communicate with. We set up the inspection months in advance, and he showed up on the Saturday we coordinated on time and ready to go. His inspection was very thorough and he was very knowledgeable on everything that I asked him. Additionally, all of the literature that he has put together for home-owner education was quite helpful. I would definitely hire David again if I needed another home inspection
- Honor Builders, LLCThe owner of Honor Builders called me promptly after receiving my request. He was extremely polite, honest, and spent about 15-20 minutes discussing his area of expertise and experience dealing with radon. I was interested in getting a test as I've seen online that it's a good idea to make sure your home is in optimal condition and safe. The owner stated he would be more than happy to perform the test, even offered a discount, but that in his professional opinion, it was not necessary as radon gas is not an issue where the house is. It's beyond commendable that a company would be straight forward and honest to the point of turning down work and guiding potential clients to the best solution even if it is not the most profitable decision. I would happily go through them for any future services, and they have my highest recommendation
- Honor Builders, LLCPaul contacted me within a day of submitting the quote request. Initially, the scope of work was misunderstood, but Paul met my expectations (and then some). The initial quote was honored even though additional work was required of the engineer. The structural engineer, Conor, started working on my plans immediately. I was kept in the loop via email throughout the entire process. My final documents/plans were provided very quickly. Although my project was relatively small, I was made to feel as if I were their #1 client. It's not just on their masthead, Honor is in the company's culture. They will be the only company I call for future project plans
- G M D Construction INCJohnathan came out for the estimate, reviewed the property, and discussed the options with us clearly and concisely. He indicated that a radon system installed external to the townhouse would be an eyesore as there was no efficient landscaping to obfuscate the fan and pipe, we agreed. The option we went with was a bit more expensive. Mike and Johnathan came out on that Thursday and started the installation despite some confusion on my end as to when the upfront and balance of the cost were due. They were on time, fast, efficient, and professional. GMD ran the mitigation system up through the center of the house through a wall cavity into the attic where the fan was installed and the stack exited like an air line for plumbing would exit. The only qualm I have about the work is that the flashing boot around the stack was bent a little on the low end, and it curves up a bit. This will not cause a problem, and is only a cosmetic qualm. In the end you cannot even tell that a radon system is in the house unless you know exactly where to look to find it. The radon levels measured went from 11.3 pCi/L measured at the home inspection to 0.2 pCi/L measured 3 days following the installation
- Pop-A-LockThey are very good. There was no charge because it was covered by my insurance. I've also used them before to unlock my car. They are very prompt.
Radon Testing Companies in Norfolk
- Business Description:Honor Builders is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business. We provide structural engineering solutions for residential and commercial engineering challenges. All structural engineering services are led by an experienced, licensed structural engineer and reviewed by a professional engineer with over 30-years experience in the field. Our specialty is home renovations and new construction - we do not typically do foundation repairs. We offer our structural engineering services through..Recent Review:The name says it all. Fast, friendly and very informative.Casey P.
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:Very professional and friendly. Never stopped working except for their lunch break. While under the house, they noticed a leaking drain line. The mechanic photographed it and showed me the picture. If not for his effort, I would not have known about itbill W.
- Business Description:To see what The Drying Co. is doing to protect its employees and customers, go to: https://www.thedryingco.com/about-us/press-release/2037-precautions-taken-by-the-drying-co-to-ensure-the-safety-of-our-customers-employees-during-covid-19-concerns.html. The Drying Co. has been serving Greater Richmond & the Virginia Peninsulas since 2002. We are a Home Performance Contractor specializing in Attics, Basements, and Crawl Spaces. Our goal is to deliver comfortable, energy-efficient, durable, an..Recent Review:Cool hand Luke showed up on Thursday dressed to kill. Crawled under house for 30 minutes and said he would get back to me on Friday with price. Never heard back from him or his lousy company.Richard L.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..
- Business Description:Environmental Hygiene Solutions (EHSolutions) is a consulting firm dedicated to the timely, cost-effective performance of environmental and workplace risk assessments and industrial hygiene testing, and safety and health compliance services. Since established in 2005, we’ve strived to reduce risk in the workplace by guiding our clients through the complex network of physical and chemical exposure laws and regulations associated with site-specific chemical, physical, and biological hazards. E..
- Business Description:I enjoy assisting people through the maze of design, remodeling costs, achievable design options and then working through the project to ensure those goals are achieved and as changes arise that we address each one... I have always been driven by the frustration my competitors create... that cannot be done, inability to think outside of the box, offer creative solutions. There is always a solution. Dear old pastor of mine many years ago stated, "Turn every problem into a project"
- Business Description:Family owned and operated with over 7000 customers. We do our best and guarantee our services because we rely on repeat customers and referrals.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful radon testing company articles
Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer. If your home’s levels test high, learn what to look for to make sure that radon mitigation is done correctly.
When building or remodeling, hire green architects, builders, remodeling companies and environmental inspectors to avoid buying toxic products for the home.
Find radon inspectors in
- Fort Eustis
- Virginia Beach
- Newport News
- South Mills
- Knotts Island
- Gloucester Point
- Cape Charles
radon inspectors in Norfolk
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Environmental Hygiene Solutions111 68TH Street
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Hygiene Solutions
- Honor Builders, LLC4410 E Claiborne Sq
- Honor Builders, LLC
- Smart Services1385 Fordham Dr
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Smart Services
- The Drying Co236 Industrial Blvd A
- The Drying Co
- X Design and Build1009 Dare Rd
- X Design and Build