The vast majority of our work requires no personal contact with our customers. Many structural tasks oftentimes can be done remotely, with the assistance of our clients.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Honor Builders, LLC

Founded 2001 •

4410 E Claiborne Sq

Hampton, VA 23666

Honor Builders is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business. We provide structural engineering solutions for residential and commercial engineering challenges. All structural engineering services are led by an experienced, licensed structural engineer and reviewed by a professional engineer with over 30-years experience in the field. Our specialty is home renovations and new construction - we do not typically do foundation repairs. We offer our structural engineering services throughout the state of Virginia. We also provide radon services, but only in and around the Norfolk area. Our fees for structural engineering consulting begin at $300, and increase based on the complexity and size of the project, as well as the requirements of the local building department. There are additional fees if the building department requires a PE Seal or CAD Drawings. Much of our structural work is done remotely. We will guide you through all necessary steps to gather information including taking photos, videos, dimensions, and in some cases live video calls. In-person visits are rarely necessary but are possible in and around the Norfolk area. If your project is one we believe we can help with, we will typically respond within a few days....

Projects

Plans for a Detached Garage project
Plans for a Detached Garage

structural engineering

202023454

02/19/2022

Marcus A.

It went Excellent! It is a beautiful thing when your are blessed to come in contact with someone who really loves what they do. Those people are few and far in between. The dollar is not the driving force in the work they are providing. Paul Olsen is one of those rare individuals. I HIGHLY! recommend his services to anyone in need of Structural Engineering expertise. Marcus and Kisha Anthony

Description of Work
Structural Engineer Inspection of a Property.

Category home inspection,structural engineer

09/04/2021

Casey P.

The name says it all. Fast, friendly and very informative.

Description of Work
Safety check and structural repair

Category structural engineer

Thank you! It was a pleasure to help you with this project.

02/15/2021

Neil W.

This company responded very quickly and provided very helpful analysis of my repair job. I would highly recommend them if you ever need consulting services for structural repairs.

Description of Work
I needed an expert to review my repairs on a wall

Category structural engineer

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to help you with your project. It’s going to look great!

02/06/2021

Guan H.

Pretty good. Honor has provided me several options to choose and followed up on my questions in timely manner.

Description of Work
Redrawn site plan and having a stamp letter.

Category radon testing

Very happy to be of service!

01/11/2021

Michelle `.

Honor Builders provided a rapid 48-hour test that confirmed my system was operating properly and my indoor air quality as excellent. This gave me a peace of mind. Their technician, Ferd (ask for him!) was very polite and respectful during the testing. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions.

Description of Work
Because I live in one of Wisconsin's hot spots for Radon Gas, I wanted to ensure my installed Radon Mitigation System was working properly.

Category radon testing

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]. We take Radon Gas very seriously and am glad we could provide you piece of mind.

11/24/2020

Christian V.

Paul was very responsive and very helpful in answering our questions

Description of Work
Radon consultation

Category radon testing

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]... Radon Gas is a serious health issue and I'm glad we could provide you piece of mind.

11/06/2020

M R.

Five Stars Is Not Enough! Communication with the company was easy and fast, provided flexible schedule. Conor was our engineer, he did a fantastic job for us. I received my plans just a few days after my request. It was really hard for me to find a good engineer with decent prices and professional I found both with Conor. I've contacted with him multiple times for building permit and structural drawings and Conor has gone above and beyond to help me every single time. I would definitely use them again and give them my highest recommendation! This is the best service provider !

Description of Work
Removal load bearing wall

Category structural engineer

We would like to thank you for taking time to write such a kind review! We are very happy you had such a great experience. This is our goal as we understand how stressful this process can be but doesn’t have to be, with the right partnerships. Best wishes~

10/13/2020

Darlene S.

Professional company, excellent communication, patient, everything I needed while keeping costs down. Would definitely work with again & highly recommend...

Description of Work
determine if a wall is load bearing and submit documentation and drawings to condo association for review

Category structural engineer

Thank you very much! We appreciate your partnership.

10/01/2020

Claudio Z.

The support and the service that we received from Honor Builders was outstanding. They helped us in getting a permit for the improvement of our rear patio cover, which needs structural maintenance. We exchanged a lot of emails, and they were always available to answer our questions and provide explanations and directions. They even spoke directly with the city representatives to better understand their requirements. We got the permit, and now we are starting to work on the patio cover. We are really satisfied, a special thank to Paul and Conor!

Description of Work
Stamped drawings for permit - rear patio cover structural improvement

Category structural engineer

We are so glad to hear this and were honored to assist. We wish you all the best in moving forward!

09/20/2020

Greg & Marge C.

I contacted this company and even though I needed the assessment very quickly, they did a thorough job of getting it expeditiously and accurately! I was impressed and this gave me the confidence that I needed to hire my general contractor because I knew the scope of work that was needed! Definitely will hire again!

Description of Work
Structural Assessment and Guidance

Category structural engineer

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We are sorry for your water damage, but feel that with your input, you are well on your way to full restoration.

Fortifying Conceptions Consultant Firm LLC

We are a very innovative Engineering consultant firm that truly turns ideas into reality. We specialize in creating full architecture packages , 3D/2D model designs , permit drawings etc. There literally is no limit to what we can do. We have a total of 23 plus years of industry experience. We guarantee to be 10% lower then the competition. We fully stand by our work.

Phelps Construction

"Be Water Tight" At Phelps Construction Inc. we have handled a wide variety of commercial and residential projects for clients. And, we couldn't have done it without our dedicated staff. Our employees have spent most of their lives working in the construction business and know the in's and out's of building requirements, especially in the suffolk area.

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Virginia Professional Engineer 0402039037
    Visa, MasterCard, Check, PayPal

Radon Gas Measurement Structural Engineering Environmental Engineering Flood and Flooding Estimates Bearing Wall Assessment Home Renovation Structural Plans for New Construction Structural Garage Plans Structural Home Plans Structural Damage Assessment

Radon Gas Mitigation Construction / Contractor Foundation Repair Guidance