CAVALIER ENTERPRISES

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2010

In business since 1997, Cavalier Enterprises is a Class A Licensed State Contractor and perform both interior and exterior work throughout Virginia. We offer FREE estimates for remodeling projects and 30% - 50% discount for Angie's list customers and guarantee lowest pricing. We will do commercial

3.9

4.4

4.3

water damage restoration (3)flooring (3)decks & porches (2)foundation repair (1)interior painting (1)home remodeling (1)marble & granite (1)woodworking (1)home builder (1)insulation (1)hardwood floors (1)drywall (1)

06/20/2020

JR H.

Praise to the highest to Don and his crew! After nearly a year of speaking to a variety of flooring contractors who never followed through on their quotes or promises, Cavalier was the FIRST to actually do what they promised! I was impressed when the crew arrived on time, knowing that we were off to a good start. Oscar and his crew worked tirelessly, professionally, removing existing floors and carpet, and upgrading those spaces with the beautiful floors I had chosen. The work was beautifully done, and the entire job completed in a single day! I am impressed with their work; my new living areas are beautiful. I had two small issues, called Don, and they were back out the next day making sure my job was completed flawlessly. I can not say enough good things. If you need restoration work, or any home upgrades, call Cavalier Enterprises.

Description of Work
Flooring throughout kitchen and family room, as well as two baths.

Category flooring contractor, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

Review for CAVALIER ENTERPRISES - P O Box 2217, Virginia Beach, VA - 38659225

Thanks for the " A Review" ! We enjoyed working with you to do work in your home and also appreciate the business. Our company works very hard for complete customer satisfaction to finish projects on schedule, within budget, and with exact details. Great reviews help others to make a hiring decision when looking for a professional contractor.

05/30/2020

Ha K.

them to mitigate water damage which included replacing the subfloor in damaged areas. This photo shows how their crew left our bathroom. It looks like water damage to me. They never brought this up as an issue and we had to call them out on it to look at it. The contractor barely looked at it and just placated us with empty promises of "we'll take care of it." Weeks later after several more attempts to get them to address this, we finally got a response from them. An estimate to replace the bathroom subfloors. They claimed it was not included in the original estimate, which granted it was not when we reviewed it. However, our goal was a fixed floor - not just what insurance will or will not cover. This should never have passed their quality controls. They should have brought this to our attention, not us pressing them to fix this issue. Of course, after all that time had pass, we had no confidence in the quality of their work (I mean if they don't see any issue with this floor to bring it to our attention and provide an estimate to fix - regardless of insurance coverage). I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM. They are only after your insurance money.

Description of Work
Water damage mitigation and replacement of subfloors

Category contractors, water damage restoration, home builders, woodworking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

Review for CAVALIER ENTERPRISES - P O Box 2217, Virginia Beach, VA - 38604202

Hello anyone reading this customer review. This customer is not being honest and making false accusations. We completed "everything" that we contracted to do with this customer on schedule and within budget. As stated in the customer review above, we gave this customer and estimate to repair the bathroom subfloors, however they declined to have us do the work. So, it is ridiculous that they are complaining about something that we gave them an estimate and they declined. * It really is not fair that consumers can make negative reviews on a business that are NOT TRUE. I have signed contracts that specify the scope of work AND a signed certificate of completion ( signed by the customer ) and satisfaction that we submitted to the insurance company. I would gladly show any potential customer ( or a judge in court of law ) these contracts proving that we are correct and this customer is making false accusations. I have told this customer that if they continue to make false accusations about our company, I will pursue legal actions. With all of this said, I will be the better person and still wish this customer the best with their remodeling project.

03/24/2019

Kostantinos S.

never heard a word from anyone

Description of Work
floor replaced in kitchen

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/23/2019

Hello All Reading, I never heard a word from this customer either no phone call, no voice mail,no email, nothing. Very unfair to write a bad review. Others reading this review . . . PLEASE pick up the phone and CALL US if you are truly serious to get work completed. We will discuss your project in detail and provide options for scope of work and solutions to solve problems and improve the property. Cavalier Enterprises is located in Virginia Beach, VA and this project in Rice, VA is 140 miles away. Way too far away for a small project. Not sure why I even got this lead from Angies List. Thanks, Don Sanders Cavalier Enterprises Class A Contractor www.cavalierenterprises.net

01/15/2019

Joe D.

Good. If there's anything that comes up he fixes it.

Description of Work
He's built 4 buildings and 2 homes for me. I've been using his services for 15 years.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 01/01/2019

Thanks for the great review ! We greatly appreciate all of the business that we have done together.

09/02/2018

Lynnette Fitch B.

I am writing to give the highest possible recommendation to contractor DON SANDERS of CAVALIER ENTERPRISES (757) 681 – 7851. Don has thirty years of experience in the field with jobs both big and small, and he brings absolute professionalism to the job. My husband Edward and I were very impressed with him, his crew, and the work that they did fixing and upgrading our home for us after a pipe exploded in the attic, flooding and ruining ceilings, walls, cabinets, and flooring. Don stood out from the other contractors who gave us quotes when we first began the process of recovering from the burst pipe. He was hands on, meticulously detailed, and quick in responding. He has a wealth of experience dealing with various insurance companies and emergency situations. His expert advice really helped us to maximize the amount of money we got from our insurance company with which to do the repairs. I want to tell one story which illustrates what a great guy Don is. He knew living with a section of our kitchen ceiling missing, exposing us to the cold early January drafts from the attic, was very upsetting to me. Before he did anything else, and before he even got one penny of money from us, he had his guys put up a temporary patch on that ceiling so that the house was warm and we weren’t exposed to the frigid attic anymore. That was extremely kind; most businessmen probably wouldn’t have thought and/or bothered to do that. It really meant a lot to us that he did. Don has a great personality and is a pleasure to work with. He possesses the unique ability to please the wife with high-end finishes but also keep the husband happy with price-busting ideas. He is honest about price ranges, time frames, etc. He has great taste and ideas for upgrades, but he does not try to “up-sale” his clients at all. He just listens to what you want and like and then presents you with options. Don sets the positive, professional, perfectionist tone for all his employees as well. His crew was unfailingly polite, helpful, tidy, and considerate. They took great pride in their work, as they should, because their work is beautiful. I respect them as talented artisans. They were extremely careful when they had to move our furniture and other possessions around. They were also very kind to our two dogs. When all was said and done, our home, which had been nice before, ended up being even more beautiful and functional. They installed perfect recessed lighting for us in several rooms as well as in-cabinet and under-cabinet lighting in the kitchen. The framers and sheetrock guys were meticulous about covering doorways, furniture, etc. to keep the dust from covering the rest of the home. The plasterers and painters did flawless work. The tile guys and flooring guys did such a nice job that my husband kept getting up in the middle of the night to look at it! The vertical herringbone pattern backsplashes in our kitchen are as beautiful as a work of art. All the crown moulding and chair railing they added in our den is perfect. We love every bit of the renovations and upgrades and would not change a thing! The transformation was more than worth having to live through the burst pipe! We would hire Don and his crew again in a heartbeat. In fact, we plan to hire them when we are ready to have our bathrooms gutted and redone. We know they will do a beautiful job and be wonderful to work with. Because of our great experience, my parents also intend to have their home renovated by Don and his crew. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone for any renovation/repair/upgrade/building project.

Description of Work
electrical, recessed lighting, framing, sheetrock, cabinetry & counters (subcontracted), plaster, painting, floor tile, engineered hardwood flooring, marble tile backsplashes, custom chair rails & ceiling mouldings, ductwork

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, insulation, remodeling, water damage restoration, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/02/2018

Wow ! Thanks for the "amazing review ". It was a great pleasure to help you and [Member Name Removed] with the water damages and remodeling your home. We appreciate the business !

05/14/2016

Craig G.

Don Sanders (Owner) came to my house to estimate the job described above. He came late in the evening and talked a blue streak the entire time he was at our home about how great his company was but never measured anything, was not the least bit interested in an inventory of the materials I had on sight for the job. After much discussion he hastily gave me a verbal quote for the work of $850.00. I knew this was a very high estimate and could tell he was just looking to make a quick buck. He wanted me to commit verbally but I requested that he provide a detailed written estimate with a breakdown of work and the associated charges, work start date, and how long it would take to complete. We shook hands and left and I never heard from him again. Please do your homework when shopping a contractor for repairs to your home and know what these jobs should cost before you agree to anything. Always require estimates in writing and never give contractors any money until the contract is how you want it to read and both parties have signed and committed to the agreed upon work.

Description of Work
Contacted Cavalier Enterprises to request an estimate for deck repairs for which had already purchased of of the required materials necessary to complete the job. We never had this work done, see below details as to why.

Category decks

Work Completed On 04/27/2016

This is an unfair review from a consumer that we did provide a Free Estimate and then they never hired us to do the work. How did we do anything wrong ?

Contact