Earle and Linda Beaty talk with Angie's List Magazine about why some homeowners have septic tanks, how they prepare to install them
Get matched with top septic system services in New Orleans, LA
There are 6 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in New Orleans
- Brooks Plumbing Repair & Services LLCI really appreciate the prompt text message response I got from Brook's, and they came out same day! They were also really responsive when I had to leave to run an emergency errand, and kept me posted on the ETA of the tech. Robert came out to help us that same afternoon, and was very friendly. He quickly diagnosed the problem, and repaired it. He cleaned up all the mess, and was on his way in less than an hour, and took my card payment in the yard. Great experience, and I would def recommend!!! I know I'll be giving them a call anytime I have an issue with my septic tank or plumbing from here on out
- Emergency Rooter LLCEmergency Rooter, LLC is a very reliable, punctual, professional plumbing and drain cleaning company. I called this company and they responded in about 2 minutes after I left a message they called me right back on a Sunday morning. I told him the problem that I had, which was 2 toilets that wouldn't flush and kept backing up, he told me to text him my address and he was here in 20 minutes and solved my problem quickly, efficiently at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend this company for your plumbing needs
- Emergency Rooter LLCEmergency Rooter LLC was thorough, explanatory as he went with his work. I was very please with him and his work. If all the worker is professional and patient with in explaining their job as he was YES yes I would use them as my plumber. My impression of him was he gave 100% of doing his job. I'm sorry I forgot his name but because of doing his work I remember his face
- Honey DippersThis contractor came highly recommended by every plumber I called in the area. They were responsive during an emergency and completed the service in a timely manner. Contractor was on time, knowledgeable, and professional - even in the heat of the summer. I highly recommend this provider.
- Honey DippersThey showed up right on time. There was no problem finding access points. They were informative. They did the work quickly.
- Honey Dippersgreat service. very responsive. & fast. Mike & Lynette were great! never had a vendor where 80% of the communication was through text and leaving checks taped to the door, but if half the ones like this in the future are this smooth I'm a big fan!
- Gainey Richie LLCSeptic tank aerator replaced, and septic tank inspected and pumped out. Personnel arrived at appointment time for initial inspection. The workers also called us a day early for the work that was planned and made arrangements to complete tasks ahead of schedule. The price was also competitive, and they did some extra minor work for which they did not charge
- Honey DippersContractor was very responsive and Showed up on time. Primary tank access was under about 12 inches of dirt and close to azalea bush. Sump pump access port under about 3 inches of dirt and also close to azalea bush. Proprietor told me he didn't have time to dig out access ports, were too close to bushes and probably covered with roots. He pumped out aerator chamber(accessed port easily reached), gave me a lecture on planting bushes too close to septic system, and a bill for $375. Told me to have access ports "excavated" then call him back. After he left, I took a shovel and dug out all access ports easily within 15-20 minutes. Then I called another septic contractor to finish the job
Last update on June 18, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in New Orleans, LA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
A septic distribution box (D-box) is an essential part of your septic system. Find out how much a replacement costs if you need a new one.
Chicago homeowners with septic systems who perform annual maintenance can avoid costly backups.
Find septic tank services in
Septic Tank Contractors in New Orleans, LA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Cornerstone Plumbing4726 W Falk St
New Orleans, Louisiana 70121
- Emergency Rooter LLC4130 Maple Leaf Dr
New Orleans, Louisiana 70131
- Mudbug Plumbing & Remodeling1401 Distributors Row
New Orleans, Louisiana 70123
- New Orleans Sewer & Drain Cleaning LLC7717 Zimple St
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup550 Elmwood Park Blvd Ste F
New Orleans, Louisiana 70123
- Saia Plumbing Inc.320 tullulah ave
New Orleans, Louisiana 70123
- Cornerstone Plumbing
- C T Traina Inc200 N Woodlawn Ave
Metairie, Louisiana 70001
- C T Traina Inc
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Fitz's Plumbing Repair Service LLC2110 I-10 Service Rd
Kenner, Louisiana 70065
- Fitz's Plumbing Repair Service LLC
- Keith Lott's Plumbing, LLC39300 Babin Ln
Ponchatoula, Louisiana 70454
- Keith Lott's Plumbing, LLC
- TOM'S SEWER & DRAIN SVC LLCP.O. Box 369
Belle Chasse, Louisiana 70037
- TOM'S SEWER & DRAIN SVC LLC
Septic tank companies that service New Orleans
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.