Popular home painting services
Whether it’s prepping surfaces or building scaffolding, exterior home painting services handle a lot of tasks that aren’t basic painting. House painting pros should bring the ability and know-how to deliver quick completion, safety for you and any contractors, and excellent results.
Some services you might expect from exterior house painting companies include:
- Consulting on painting needs. The right exterior paint contractor sends someone knowledgeable to your home to review the potential project. This pro can offer recommendations related to which paint colors might be perfect for your home, and many contractors turn to apps to produce a picture of your house with different paint hues to help you make a choice.
- Prep work. Paint professionals start by making your home exterior ready for primer and paint. Contractors use pressure washers to clean dirt, work to sand down surfaces, or complete minor repairs such as replacing damaged wood.
- Installing safety equipment. Good exterior painting businesses pay attention to details to keep everyone safe on the job, including you and your family. Contractors may build equipment like safety ropes and scaffolding, particularly if your house is very tall.
- Priming work. If they deem it necessary, house painters begin with priming to create an excellent foundation for a paint job that looks awesome.
- Actual painting. Certainly, exterior home painting companies provide paint services. That means applying multiple coats to ensure a professional final result.
- Finishing work. After paint is added to to major areas, painters look to complete edge work and other finishing details.
Spend some time researching to ensure you understand the types of services potential exterior painting companies in Grand Rapids provide. This information supports you in making the right decision about what company to work with.
Things to think about when hiring an exterior house painter
Completing some research before you hire a painting business may reduce challenges during the project. Complete the following steps to vet exterior painting professionals before you get a quote:
- Read reviews. Read many reviews to find out the work history the business has. Look for trends. One single bad review among plenty of great ones doesn’t mean an exterior house painting company can’t provide excellent work for you. However, a pattern of bad reviews noting customer service issues or poor quality of the final results of the project should be considered a red flag.
- Review business online sites, if possible. Browse the painting contractor’s website if they have one. Search for images of previous painting jobs, data about the kinds of painting work the business completes, and the fine print of any warranties.
- Ask for a consultation. Try not to make a decision based on a quote created by a professional who hasn’t seen your home. Plus, during an in-person meeting, a skilled exterior home painter will give information regarding tone and paint products to support the most satisfactory final results possible.
- Ask for references. Speak to the painting service’s former clients if possible. Talk about their experience with the paintwork and how they feel about the customer experience they had.
- Check for licenses and insurance. Don’t work with a professional who isn’t insured. Painting companies in your state may not be required to carry a license. Check with your state to discover whether there are licensing requirements, and then hire with professionals who are compliant with the rules.