How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Detroit, MI
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Detroit
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCWe had never contracted for surveying services before, but Nowry & Hale made the process easy. We secured estimates from three companies; the other two included services we didn't need, were much more costly, and were not available for timely scheduling. Nowry & Hale was responsive, matched their services to our needs, offered competitive fees, provided a formal proposal, and scheduled in a timely manner. The crew arrived as scheduled, and did a great job - the survey tech thoroughly explained the process, and the crew clearly marked the boundaries we needed. We would hire this company again
- Louis Cantor CompanyIt was a lengthy process working with the township but Louis Cantor (Jesse) was able to work with us and provide data to address all concerns from the township. I am appreciative of his patience and professionalism.
- Coleman Land Surveying PLCThe job was finished in adequate time even though there were a lot of rain days and the drawings and descriptions of my property were well done. He also staked everything out well so I had no problem finding the markers. I now know exactly where my property lines are and I also have the split proposal drawing to apply to the township for approval. I am overall satisfied with his services
- Louis Cantor CompanyI've been dealing with Jesse the whole time. He was professional and courteous. We contacted the company through phone and then followed on emails. Email responses were very quick. The quoted price was about $100 higher than other surveying or engineering companies but Louis Cantor were available to perform this job on a Sunday on a quite short notice. They arrived about 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and when we got there they have already started working. They were very nice people, easy to deal with. They answered all of our questions and were patient to explain exactly what are they doing and why. The survey plans contain exactly what we wanted. We received 3 copies plus a scanned copy in the email. The downside was that they misspelled my middle name and a dimension was wrong. This rendered the survey useless in a Court so they had to revise it and send us another set. What I didn't like is that the revised copy was not re-printed as I was expecting but rather they have used BIC Correction tape, typed the correct middle name and dimension on top, wrote "revised" and then photocopied. They also said that the DWG drawing file would cost extra if we wanted it. Overall, I think they did a good job in the field but they needed to pay a little attention at the drawings. I appreciate their effort to correct the mistakes so they deserve an overall A
- Louis Cantor CompanyI had a great experience with Louis Cantor Company, and specifically Jesse. My call was answered promptly, communication was great and turn around was unparalleled. I had reached out to three other companies for quotes - but Jesse had my report in hand before I even got estimates from the others. Would recommend and do business again in a heartbeat
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCNowry & Hale were excellent. I connected them via their web site and the respond within 24 hours. I explained what I wanted to do via Email and received a quote. We made a couple of minor additionas and the schedule was establoished vie Email. The work was done when promiced and competed as agreed to
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCTrue professionals. Very honest and polite, too. Even though I live in northern Oakland county and live by the woods, they still came and did a fantastic job.
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCGreat! Contacted them by email was very prompt and efficient. A serevice date set up. The men arrived and completed the work, answered my questions. I encourage others to use this company.
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLCThe quote was delivered promptly and Mr. Nowry seemed pleasant and helpful via email. We did not have the survey completed because it was more money than we planned to spend at this time, but we will likely go with Nowry and Hale when the time is right!
- Louis Cantor CompanyI contacted Louis Cantor via Angie's List and they returned my call the same day. I provided my legal property description and they called back with a quote that same day. The following work day I scheduled a survey for the following week. I was contacted the night before, via text, to remind me of the appointment for the next morning. 2 surveyors arrived 1/2 hour early on the morning of the appointment. They went about their business and were done in about 1.5 hours time. They had to deal with my neighbor who was questioning their markings but they handled that professionally as well. My property has metal stakes now on all four corners and I expect to receive an official document from them with a plot drawing and findings. Very satisfied and very professionally done
Last update on May 10, 2018
Land Surveyors in Detroit
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, building a new addition, or planning a new fence? It’s wise to survey your property. Here's how much it'll cost to hire a land surveyor.
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Find land surveyors in
- River Rouge,
- Highland Park,
- Lincoln Park,
- Allen Park,
- Dearborn Heights,
- Hazel Park,
- Pleasant Ridge,
- Oak Park,
- Huntington Woods,
- Center Line,
- Garden City,
- Grosse Pointe Park,
- Royal Oak,
- Madison Heights
land surveyors in Detroit
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- BOSS ENGINEERING3121 E GRAND RIVER
Howell, Michigan 48843
- BOSS ENGINEERING
- Coleman Land Surveying PLC4301 Saline Waterworks Rd
Saline, Michigan 48176
- Coleman Land Surveying PLC
- Flint Surveying & Engineering Co5370 Miller Rd Ste 13
Swartz Creek, Michigan 48473
- Flint Surveying & Engineering Co
- Louis Cantor Company17600 Northland Park Ct.
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan 48075
- Louis Cantor Company
- MILLETICS & ASSOCIATES40000 GRAND RIVER AVE STE 206
Novi, Michigan 48375
- MILLETICS & ASSOCIATES
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLC192 N Main St
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
- Nowry & Hale Land Surveying LLC
- Powell Engineering & Associates LLC4700 Cornerstone Dr
White Lake, Michigan 48383
- Powell Engineering & Associates LLC
- Total Lawn Care Inc554 E Maple Rd
Troy, Michigan 48083
- Total Lawn Care Inc
- URBAN LAND CONSULTANTS, LLC8800 23 MILE RD
Shelby Township, Michigan 48316
- URBAN LAND CONSULTANTS, LLC