Use this cost guide to learn what you can expect to pay for a phone jack installation. The cost depends on labor rates, the intricacy of the wiring, and wall access.
Get matched with top phone companies in Austin, TX
There are 5 highly-rated local phone companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Phone Company Reviews in Austin
- SBCI do interior design in Austin, TX, and have several design computers in my office. I have used SBC for computer repair, service, and support for several years now, and he knows our computer systems. Although he's a one person operation he’s able to service our networks, servers, workstations, and Cloud Computing, including G Suites Email setup, migrations, and Outlook. I believe he manages this because he doesn’t work bankers hours and uses nights and weekends to get everything done correctly. He also takes a personal interest in the work I need him for, so he always works tenaciously, in a proactive way, to overcome any obstacles to get the results I need. This is a big plus, because running our business keeps us occupied, and we appreciate that he can do an entire project without supervision . Although he often works late hours, he also available in the afternoon if we need service or a meeting during business hours. My small business depends on SBC for the repair and maintenance of my office computer systems, online accounts, and support, at reasonable rates that are well below what's out there
- SBCThey came out late at night which was perfect for me. While he did run about 20 minutes late (the only slight drawback) SBC went far behind networking my home based office laser printer to our 3 small workstations, removing malware from one of my idiots employees that clicks on everythings computer, as well as even doing a "wall drop" for an ethernet line for a very fair price. They showed concern all was working right, and I paid as well for off site storage of my hard drive (a back up) just in case of a melt down as my travel agency is basically run here. I have a big PC desktop, a Surface tablet, and an ancient Dell laptop and all run perfectly with SBC computer repair in austi
- Mr. Electric of AustinI dealt with them on two different occasions and both times they were fantastic. He told me how much he was going to charge and didn?t charge a penny more. The man got done in ten minutes and he literally stood in my living room and said I am done what else to you want me to do as you paid me for the hour. So the man fixed everything else that I needed done with no extra charge
- All Digital Computers & WirelessThe service price and insulation were awesome. I've used Clara and all digital for the past several years and the customer service is phenomenal. I highly recommend all digital and Clara.
- SuddenlinkWe don't usually have to do anything. We usually make an appointment with them and they'll come fix whatever is not working. It's kind of weird what they do. They have like three different charges because we also have our home phone on here, too. Home phone, internet and cable and it's all together, but it's kind of weird, the way they do it. It's like, for one of them, they have two different billings, like one's like $30.00. And I haven't looked at the bills in a long time, because they're all automated. So I don't know about the price. Internet service is good. It's fast. We have the kind where we have the little box or whatever it is. We don't have dial-up. It's the other one - high speed. It's pretty fast, to get on the internet. Real fast. Usually, yes. The t.v. service is very fast. We have HBO - it does all that. We decided we didn't - you can get additional channels. The one I chose was Encore because it has several different - it's got like drama, Westerns, love - different things. And they give you like four channels on it. So I liked it. So that's what I chose. My husband wanted me to chose something, so I said, "Encore is the one I want." We have all the extra features on our phone - caller ID and voice mail and all that. They always come out and fix everything. I like it. They'll give you a time window and they come within that time window. I have no complaints with them and they look good. It's just really great, all the features they have. I mean, it's wonderful. We like TiVo pretty much. It's really just to record stuff. And you don't really lose it. If something happens to the thing, it's there somewhere. They're able, usually, to bring everything back up. We've had really good luck with them. They have high definition, which is nice. Some channels are high def. That's why the wires cost more, is because we wanted high def stuff. We enjoy watching t.v., for sure. They have a new channel called the Hub. It's so fun. We like it
- SuddenlinkThe internet is a little slower every once in a while but not really slow. The cable is all right. We had a problem with the man who installed it. He didn't show up and didn't even bother to call either but he did finally show up the next day or so. When he showed up, he told us that he's an independent contractor. It took him until like 11:00 at night to finish the day before so he had to come the next day
- Grande CommunicationsGREAT VERY PROFESSIONAL I WAS REFERRED TO AUSTIN TERRITORY MANAGER JOSEPH AT 512-650-5486 AND WAS GIVEN A SPECIAL OFFER WITH FREE INSTALL ALSO .TECH WAS VERY PROMPT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE
- SuddenlinkI find them to be efficient and knowlegeable. My cost for all of their services is about $150 per month, almost $100 less than what I was paying in the past.
- Grande CommunicationsI kept having service problems with the “other” cable company, which kept saying the problem was in my house or was my computer. When I called Grande to switch, I spent no time on-hold and scheduled installation for the next day. The installer was great -- he called me 30 minutes before and showed up early. No waiting around all day for an 8-5 “window”. He was dressed professionally, was quick, knew his business and cleaned up all the existing wires that had been shoddily installed on the side of my house by the “other” cable company some years ago. It didn't take that long, probably less than 2 hours. Best part is whatever was wrong has been fixed. Now my cable doesn’t go out all the time and I have yet to lose internet connection. BTW, 12mg internet rocks, I’ve been speed testing it periodically and have yet to see it slow down. I can watch TV episodes online and now my NetFlix movies never lag either. I needed help setting up my e-mail account, not only did I speak to a support tech who spoke my language and I could understand, he was in San Marcos, not halfway across the world. I also loved having the NFL package all fall – I never had to worry whether my team would be on network. I also switched my phone service to Grande, my total bill is lower if I add what I was paying to the other cable and phone companies. Only issue, my first bill sort of surprised me as it was higher than I expected. But I called Grande, again no waiting on hold forever, and the billing rep walked me through the pro-ration of my partial 1st month being tacked onto the 2nd month which I forgot about. I’ve gotten two more bills since and both were within a couple bucks of what the sales rep estimated (the sales taxes were the variable)
- Grande CommunicationsThe service had WAY more content than my previous TV provider. One thing did happen at day four. I walked outside with my remote, came back in and the service had gone off and I couldn't get it back on again. Couldn't figure out what had happened and still don't know. Could have hit the wrong button or something. However, I called their tech department, got a TECH WONDER, who had me back up and running in mere minutes. Basically a reboot. That really impressed me. The guy was clear, courteous and quick. Kept me informed about everything we were doing and what to expect and man, that's CUSTOMER SERVICE in Dayglo Orange as far as I'm concerned. I got maybe two people in over 3 years with another carrier who seemed actually customer-centric, and the first one at Grande is a SUPERSTAR! Sorry about the capitals, but I am shouting. He was first rate. Plus, I am paying less with more features; You-TUBE even. What's not to like? The Internet is also four-and-a-half times faster with Grande, and only ONE WIRE is all I need to run my computer! If it proves to be reliable from this point on, I will definitely keep it
Last update on May 22, 2018
Landline Phone Service in Austin
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful phone company articles
Do you still need a landline? There are certain instances where you may still reap the benefits of having a landline, but alternatives are usually cheaper.
Most phone repairs come from water damage from slipping out of a pocket into the toilet or a pool. To save your phone, pluck it out quickly and don’t turn it on. Get more tips for increasing the chances of your phone surviving its dip.
Find phone companies in
- Round Rock,
- Cross Roads,
- Del Valle,
- Cedar Creek,
- Cedar Park
phone companies in Austin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- AROUND THE CLOCK CALL CTR21540 Prairie St Unit E
Chatsworth, California 91311
- AROUND THE CLOCK CALL CTR
- Blessed Electric & Air10128 N Crowley Rd
Crowley, Texas 76036
- Blessed Electric & Air
- Ooma Inc525 Almanor Ave
Sunnyvale, California 94085
- Ooma Inc
- Protech Communications10801 Sabo Rd
Houston, Texas 77089
- Protech Communications
- Refresh Computers820 E St Rd 434
Longwood, Florida 32750
- Refresh Computers
- Solid Communications LLC6614 Lake Cliff St
San Antonio, Texas 78244
- Solid Communications LLC