Mr. Electric of Austin

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2006

12201 Roxie Dr Ste E

Austin, TX 78729

If you need an electrician in Austin Metro Area or Travis, Hayes, Williamson Counties, let Mr. Electric of Austin help you. Whether its installing, repairing or upgrading, Mr. Electric has a solution for your Austin, Round Rock and Pflugerville area homes and businesses. With around the clock availability for emergency services, our team offers several services that could benefit not only your home or business, but also the environment. Whether it’s for safety and security or specialty lighting for the holiday season, Mr. Electric can assist you with your every need....

4.3

Resposiveness

electrician (177)lighting (41)ceiling fan installation (30)landscape lighting (7)home theater installation (3)HVAC Companies (3)handyman (3)home security systems (2)plumbers (2)phone company (1)water heaters (1)

08/19/2020

Everything accomplished cleanly and efficiently. The idea of a car charging plug requires a bigger system upgrade as our service is maxed out. Will definitely use them when that gets back in it he budget.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Routed new garage plugs and installed patio ceiling fan. Evaluated system for car charger

CATEGORY electrician,ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/17/2020

08/11/2020

They employee was very nice. The whole experience was inconvenient and expensive. I had to go to home depot to get parts that I was unfamiliar with. I was able to take pictures and text them to employee to make sure it was the right part. I had to do a lot of running around for the high price they charged to do 2 minor things.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They replaced the flood light in the back of home and replaced chime for door bell. They would not replace socket for the kitchen light fixture, They said they only would replace the whole fixture.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/31/2020

04/19/2018

My dryer wouldn't turn on, he found an issue with my circuit breaker and replaced. Everything works fine, he did a great job. It was efficient and he fixed the issue, he knew what he was doing .

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They went out and checked a plug for a new dryer.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/13/2018

Thank you for the great review and thank you for your business!

01/12/2018

The quality of service was fine, but the price seemed very high for switching out two outlets, which took about ten minutes ($270!).

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Upgraded two single outlets to double outlets

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/12/2018

Hey [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for leaving us a review. That's how we can improve our business. In the past month we've hired a service manager that is taking a look at our prices to make sure we're worth what we're charging. I brought up your invoice to him and we are going to be looking it over to see what we can do. Thanks so much for using Mr. Electric!

04/10/2017

The tightening of the connection prevented the breaker from flipping off again. But $185 ???? Come on people.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The breaker to my heating system kept flipping off. He charged me $185 to tighten the connection and told me that I needed a new breaker box. The estimate on that was over $ 3k. Both of these charges are just too much.

CATEGORY electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/22/2016

06/07/2016

They were very responsive, the technician was very friendly.  BUT - the coupon offered on Angie's web site is useless, unless you are in Indiana.  What good is that?  I'm in Texas.  The technician said he had a coupon good for $20, which he brought with him - and applied to my bill.  High marks for them, and (once again) lousy marks for Angie's List.  At least the recommended providers on Angie's ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Changed some electrical sockets out for larger ones.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2016

08/18/2015

I used Mr. Electric based on a referral from Lights Fantastic. The electrician was fine. But he had to go by pricing from his book that left little area for common sense. He hung an under counter kitchen light (my purchase). It is currently not working. Cost: $250 On a return trip (MY BAD) he repaired the provided under counter light (STILL NOT WORKING), replaced a lightbulb in a tall front tree (...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re hung an existing light in backyard tree; replaced a light bulb in tall oak in front yard; installed customer provided under counter light in kitchen. None is working.

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service,lighting,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2015

08/17/2015

Electrician Wade was extremely professional.  He has a strong work ethic and did a top-notch job.  I will absolutely call him for any future electrical needs.  The staff personnel at their office were equally professional.  I can highly recommend this company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed can lights, replaced light fixtures, installed closet lights, installed additional outlets, replaced outlets with GFCI outlets, installed ceiling fan

CATEGORY electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2015

06/17/2015

Terrence was friendly and on time. He also wore slippers over his outdoor shoes which is always a nice courtesy. He listened well and worked in a timely manner. He explained things well and asked questions that were relevant to the scope of his work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The provider investigated a ceiling fan light fixture and bedroom lamp/socket.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/17/2015

06/10/2015

The electrician was very nice, but despite common sense, all he could charge on was what was in his "system.", or laptop. Here are my charges: $240 for installation of task lighting I PROVIDED. 36". $400++ for replacing an exterior *light bulb* and reinforcing an exterior light that had already been anchored before. It worked and was on the ground. I am now $640 into them for PROVIDED lights and r...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mr. Electric first came to my home to replace an under-counter Xenon task light which I provided. Roughly 6 screws. But because it was linked in with other lights we believed it was a job for an electrician and not a handy man. Also, we had some issues with the exterior lighting. One outside light in a tall tree in back had fallen down; it needed replaced in the tall tree which required a ladder. In the front tall oak, we needed a bulb replaced, which I provided.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2015

Electrical Diagnosis, Service, Repair, Installation, & Upgrades.

HVAC, Generators, Data, & Phone Lines.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing