If you don’t have a basement or a concrete slab under your floors, you likely have a crawl space to keep out moisture. Here’s how to keep it up to code.
Get matched with top foundation contractors in Austin, TX
There are 34 highly-rated local foundation contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Foundation Repair Reviews in Austin
- Hercules Foundation RepairThey did a great job. Mike is specially good. I run with a small problem and they were out there 2-3days to fixed them out right. There pricing was fair.
- Structured Foundation Repairs, Inc.Initially we had three companies come out, take elevations, and suggest corrections for what we felt were significant foundation issues. All three suggested we not have foundation work, and two thought our problem might relate to water leaks or an underground spring. We had an engineer come out and take elevations, and he actually recommended significant foundation work. His initial report called for 41 piers, 30 exterior and 11 interior. After we received his recommendation. we had three companies bid on the work. We chose Structured to do the work...they were not one of the three that came out initially. Because of the scope of work to be done, we chose to basically move out of the home. We planned to move to Austin in July anyway, so we wound up putting most of our stuff in storage and took the rest with us to an apartment nearby. Turns out moving out was a genius move. I can't imagine trying to live in the home through this significant a lift. The work started right on schedule. If you haven't lived through foundation work, all I can say is try and look at pictures beforehand. It can be a little disconcerting to walk into your house to find a three foot pile of dirt and a big hole! The crew that was assigned to our project were all very courteous and professional, and did good work. They were incredibly conscientious about the appearance of the property, cleaning up materials and sweeping everything each day prior to leaving. Once they had the piers in place and began the lift, everything went well. They actually got to a point where they could not lift one side of the house any further without risking structural damage, so they stopped until our engineer came back out. He took more elevations and recommended the other five piers, which we agreed upon. At that time, he commented that the lift on the other side of the house was "impressive"...they had lifted to the point where there was very minimal elevation difference, with little to no additional damage. Once the additional five piers were in place, they were able to lift that side of the house and complete the work, on schedule. They put things back as well as possible outside, and did a good job filling the holes inside the home. One thing...we probably didn't mention that we were going from carpet to wood laminate inside. Some of the concrete fill was a bit high, which would have required more float for the laminate flooring. Structured came back and rather than grind down the concrete, took those plugs completely out and re-poured. My biggest concern through the whole project was with the communication we received. While the work was being done, the only communication I had was with the foreman on site (other than communication I initiated, and believe me, I initiated some). Biggest thing is I believe there should be a company liason who communicates with their customers while the work is being done, at least on projects of this size and scope. First concern...the foreman made a comment about his boss wanting the guys to go fast so they wouldn't have overtime. I've been in that situation before, asking someone I managed to avoid overtime, so I understand. That being said, we were looking at piers all the way around the exterior of our house as well as a bunch inside, and a 6" lift. I certainly didn't want to hear that they were rushing the project! Basically, this is more a training issue rather than a quality of work concern. Second, when they ran into the lift problem mentioned above, they stopped work until we decided on what to do. I asked them to wait until we could bring our engineer back to make recommendations. I left the house and came back just before lunch. On my return, I found the guys filling the holes where the piers were placed. I asked why they were filling the holes when the lift was not complete, and the foreman said his boss told him to fill the holes and finish the job. I think this was again more of a language/communication problem...I spoke to someone with the company (regrettably rather angrily...all I had to go on was the "no overtime" comment combined with being told they were to "finish the job" while there were obviously still some elevation issues), and found out the crew was filling the holes in order to protect the home, so there would not be any exposed piers, until we made a decision on the additional piers. In this case Structured was doing the right thing, but had someone contacted me proactively rather than allowing me to find out what was going on from the foreman, most of my anger/concern could have probably been avoided. Short story, both sides could have handled some things differently. I still believe Structured could have done a better job communicating with me, but at the same time I should have reacted and handled the situation WAY different than I did. Taking the communication concerns out of the equation, Structured did a wonderful job on our SIZABLE lift. We did have to have some plumbing issues repaired before it passed inspection, but our engineer came out and gave it two thumbs up. He was very pleased with the work performed. We have since had the elevations checked twice due to some questions/concerns, and in both cases all elevations have measured exactly what they did following the lift. Overall we are happy with the work done by Structured, and would have no problem using them in the future or recommending them to others. Short story, this is one of those "thrill of victory, agony of defeat" type things. Communication was lacking, but the actual work performed was great
- Crosstown Engineering and Home InspectionCrosstown Engineering was contracted to inspect our foundation prior to repair. We are long distance owners, so it's important to deal with companies who are patient in explaining the process. Josiah was very knowledgeable and articulate & took the time to answer all my questions. He also gave us professional advice regarding measures we can take as homeowners to avoid future foundation issues
- Olshan Foundation RepairJohn with Olshan gave me excellent service. We needed an evaluation of foundation problems on an 83 yo house. The City of Austin has made keeping such a house cost prohibitive. John provided information as to just what the foundation of the house on this Austin Mixed Clays is doing. I couldn't have made my decision without him. Will definitely call Olshan if we should decide we can afford the work. I feel sure they'll do the work the right way. John's honesty and devotion to good customer service are much-appreciated
- Juniors Ways Of The HandymanGreat! Junior is amazing! His work is high quality and his prices are very competitive. He’s very professional. He shows up when he says he will and meets deadlines for work completion. He also gave me some great ideas that fit the goal and vision of my projects but made them even better. I would definitely hire him again and have referred him to all my friends and family. Many of whom have also hired him
- G.L. Hunt Foundation RepairG. L. Hunt was awesome to deal with and their crew did an excellent job lifting the foundation of my home. In my case, the foundation was tilting and causing cracks in my walls and I was unable to open my back door. After the lift, most of the cracks sealed themselves up and the back door now opens freely. I am really pleased the the work of the G. L. Hunt crew. They were very professional and kept me informed on everything they were doing. I would highly recommend G. L. Hunt for any foundation lifting needs. Thank you
- DOUGLAS FOUNDATION REPAIRI had used another company before them and work and recommendations were not done properly. Douglas however was excellent. They were very thorough and took time to review my situation. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsThey did a great job. They were punctual, professional, did the job and did it well. I thought the price was good, too.
- G.L. Hunt Foundation RepairMy experience was very good. They were very professional. They gave me a lot of information. They answered my questions.
- LevelUp ConstructionThese guys are scammers! They took 50% down, then disappeared! They finally showed up WEEKS later on a day that I had medical appointments and was away from home. Our housekeeper was there and allowed them access, but they did an AWFUL job! They completely dug the grass up instead of cutting it off, didn't put any gravel down for the French drain, and left it a muddy dirty, rocky mess! WE will likely have to redo it and do it properly! They told us that the broken pipes we saw were like that when they dug it up, and that they would "fix it for us." I'm not convinced they didn't break it when they were digging. There was no apparent supervisor overseeing things. They only used Gorilla Glue spray cans that anyone can buy at Home Depot to seal the interior (I'm not even sure if they sealed the outside where it's leaking), AFTER they tracked mud into the area, and they didn't even bother to sweep or clean it up first! Now we have mud and dirt sealed to our floor! AND, they charged us almost $6000!!! *I* could have done a better job! They called me while I was out to get the balance paid, which I refused to do until my husband agreed to it. Jeff even quoted me a balance of hundreds of dollars MORE than what we supposedly owed! My husband was supposed to be on a work call, so after making sure they finally got the sprinklers working again (they said they were done but the sprinklers still weren't working correctly), he agreed to pay them the balance that we actually owed, according to the contract. DO NOT HIRE THESE GUYS
Foundation Repair Contractors in Austin
- Business Description:General contractors, exterior siding, roofing, thermal walls and thermal windows. Complete interior remodeling. Kitchens and bathrooms, flooring and painting. Foundation repair and custom patiosRecent Review:They were outstanding and certainly lived up to their great reviews on Angie’s List. Owner arrived on time to review the area and provide a quote. The price was very reasonable and much to my surprise the job was completed the next day! It looks great and they even agreed to apply some caulking to the joints to keep water from getting under the slab again. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing work done. I would use them againPatricia H.
- Business Description:Built on a foundation of trust, G.L. Hunt has served Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio with foundation repair services for over 30 years. Specializing in residential and commercial foundation repair, drainage services including french drains, and concrete leveling, our primary concern is customer satisfaction. That’s why we provide foundation repair financing and free inspections for homeowners. As we strive to find permanent solutions, we also offer transferable foundation repair w..Recent Review:All the work was done in one day and the crew did not mind that i watch them for a short time. Very polite and my yard was left in the exact same condition as when the started. I would definitely recommend them. /DLMDesmon M.
- Business Description:As a foundation repair company with more than 30 years of foundation repair experience, know that you can are in good hands with First Choice House Leveling. Offering free inspections for homeowners, we’re the only foundation repair quote you’ll ever need. Call or fill out an online form today to get put in touch with a foundation repair specialists todayRecent Review:These guys are the best!!!!! They knew exactly how to level my home the right way and the proper way. I wished I had called them earlier. Don't get ripped off by going with some other company. I threw away a lot of money going with 2 other companies in the last 6 years. One of them just last summer and they didn't fix anything right. 1st Choice did it all correct!!! I am so pleased. They follow up and even came back to take care of a door issue and had to replace a beam and adjust a couple piers and the owner said he would take care of it at his expense. Super nice guy and knowledgeable. Thank you so much!!Gina S.
- Business Description:If the foundation of your home is in need of repairs, Hercules Foundation Repair is the company to call. We will carefully analyze your foundation issues in order to come up with the best solution for the problem. Call us for a Free Evaluation. 3rd generation family owned and operated
- Business Description:Welcome to your final Foundation Solution! We lift the fear, and raise the home. If your foundation has experienced movement resulting in visual and non-visual damage to the interior or exterior of your home, we will correct the elevations and affix you to solid ground! At Risen Foundation Solutions, we drive premium steel piers down to bedrock, every time! We drive our piers to bedrock creating stabilizing pressure between bedrock and the concrete slab of your home to eliminate future do..Recent Review:Our house was renovated a couple of months before we bought it. We were told that piers were put in under the foundation. A few months after we moved in our front door started getting stuck. I noticed a long crack in the facade on the front of the house and subsequently noticed that the foundation was rising in the back of the house. Our house kept moving in different directions based on how dry or wet everything was. I called Risen and they were extremely responsive. Krista spent a lot of time on several phone calls with me as I inquired about every facet of pier installations. They came out and measured the levels of the house. All of this investment on their part was done without any commitment on my part. The team at Risen is comprised of very good, knowledgable people that will give you the warm and fuzzies about an operation that deserves no warm and fuzzies. The work was done quickly and cleanly. It was minimally intrusive and our house hasn’t moved since the piers went in. For a project as daunting as lifting your house and putting in steel piers, Risen ensured that I felt like I was in good care. As a prior business owner, I can tell you that you are extremely lucky to come across a business like Risen. I would highly recommend them to anyoneShane P.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business since 2008. If you are in need of foundation repair, Longhorns Foundation Solutions is the ideal option for you. Owner and supervisor, Israel Lopez has made it his greatest importance to administer honest and truthful answers when it comes to foundation repairs. He has over 20 years of experience and has associated with different companies throughout the years that can vouch for his commitment over foundation repairs. We as a business offer quality ..Recent Review:My work was done about a month ago. After many estimates Longhorns Foundation Solutions was not the lowest bid. But, they were one of the lowest. They didn't have the longest warranties either. But, we've seen plenty of times the longer warranties usually get challenged after many years and are voided. So, we didn't want to pay the extra $$$ for something we might not even get in 20yrs. The fact that a permitted work, engineer checking the work, and plumbing test at the end was included in the price upfront. Was the game winner. All that included was the best total price. Israel was always able to be contacted and quickly answered my questions or concerns. The working crew were very straight and forward with the work. The end jobsite was left in good condition. Considering the work included cement, mud, rock's, and tree roots. My foundation levels were not serious. But the small cracking and doors sticking have seem to be corrected. Since I really liked the work. I'm looking into using them for a back yard concrete project.Johnny R.
- Business Description:***Special Offer $99 estimates, but get $200 credit when hired to perform the service*** Skillful Construction's team has been setting and correcting foundations for over 30 years. Our team of professionals take a lot of pride in what we do and truly care about your investment like it was our own. We don’t cut any corners just to give you a “really good deal.” We are equipped with the latest technology to handle your home with precision and accuracy. Contact Skillfull Construction for an esti..Recent Review:They did a really good job as far as leveling. They couldn't level it all like I would like to but he had a lot of good workers. I sent him emails but he have not got back to me yet but I will still rate them "A" because I'm thinking it might be because of the weather. Everything was good. The were very respectfulPricilla A.
- Business Description:Foundation Support Specialists offers foundation repair services for both slab and pier & beam foundation types. We also offer extensive concrete repair, waterproofing, encapsulation, and drainage options. We offer a wide variety of financing options and stand behind our services with a variety of warranties. FSS is committed to its customersRecent Review:Foundation Support Specialists has excellent customer service, are professional, and performed the job very quickly. They also offer financing which is the main reason why we chose to hire this company. We are very pleased with their work and highly recommend themKellie L.
- Business Description:We are a family-owned, locally-operated company that has served our home, the state of Texas, for the past 10 years. We provide the highest-level of service to our customers by providing professional evaluations and excellent customer service. We will go above-and-beyond for you and your home. We look forward to hearing from you! Services offered: Foundation Inspections, Drainage Inspections, Foundation Repair & Inspections, Whole Home Inspections & Pre-Sale Inspections, Engineering Reports, ..Recent Review:100% pleased with service. Steve did thorough measurements and inspection inside and out, explained all the findings to me, answered all my questions. Very professional. I definitely will use Crosstown in future if I need engineering service againIdan R.
- Business Description:Caisson Engineers, located in DFW area, provides the best structural engineering services for residential, commercial and industrial projects as well as foundation design and foundation repair plans. Our highly educated engineers with over 25 years of experience can assist clients by preparing the engineering designs in a short time with the most accurate designs conforming to the codes and City requirements. We are an owner-operated firm
Deals in Austin for Foundation Repair
Explore our Solution Center for helpful foundation repair contractor articles
A slab leak refers to a leak underneath your home’s foundation. If left untreated, slab leaks can damage your foundation, floors, and walls. We’ll cover everything you need to know about slab leaks, plus what to do to fix this issue.
Damage to your home’s foundation can cause cracked floors and walls, unevenness, and more. Learn common signs of foundation damage, along with what you can do to fix it and prevent it.
Find foundation contractors in
foundation contractors in Austin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 3 G HOUSE LEVELING6900 COLUMBIA DR
- 3 G HOUSE LEVELING
- A Rod's Sand & Finish511 Pinewood Dr NW
Wilson, North Carolina
- A-1 Engineering1006 Vance Jackson Rd
San Antonio, Texas
- A-PLUS INSPECTION SERVICES, Since 19674217 Sandorna Vw
- AAA Affordable Foundation RepairPO Box 1517
- Accurate Leak and Line3333 Lee Parkway Suite 600
- Advanced Foundation Repair5601 W Jefferson Blvd
- Advanced Foundation Repair10192 I-10 E
- AK Utilities310 Morton St Suite 334
- Alamo City Construction & Supply LLC.3902 S PRESA ST
San Antonio, Texas
- All Good Roofing & Additions9415 Burnet Rd Suite 310
- All In One Foundation Repair3005 S Lamar Blvd D109-135
- All Pro Foundation Repairs Inc223 N Rogers
- Alpha Foundation Repair And RemodeingPo Box 593042
San Antonio, Texas
- ANCHOR FOUNDATION REPAIR3819 McCullough Rd
College Station, Texas
- Anderson Contracting, LLC.110 Oak Dr
- Apexx foundation repair 12335 Antoine Dr
- Armadillo Foundation Repair5135 Albert Brown Dr.
Del Valle, Texas
- Arredondo Group6004 Grissom Rd
San Antonio, Texas
- Artisan Builders Inc4219 Three Creek Trail
- Austin Concrete Construction1602 Saracen Rd
- Austin House Calls11754 Jollyville Rd 107
- AUSTIN REMODELINGP.O. Box 92513
- A Rod's Sand & Finish
- Bam Bam Renovation and Repair10200 Sprinkle Rd
- Bandow Construction Inc8310 Oveta St
- Billman Construction and Home Repair288 N. Gaines Rd
Cedar Creek, Texas
- Black's ConstructionP.O. Box 24
- Blaker Restorations & Remodeling INC3630 Cheyenne
Round Rock, Texas
- Blue Ridge Construction12907 Lamplight Village Ave
- Bruecher Foundation12134 Pecan St
- Bam Bam Renovation and Repair
- Cain Construction & Carpentry15019 Big Falls Dr
- Caisson Engineers5232 Terrace View Ln
- Calumet Investments LLC1801 E Palm Valley Blvd #1724
Round Rock, Texas
- Capital Foundations1703 Bench Mark Dr
- Capitol Renovations4500 Williams Dr 212-364
- Casey Resources12924 Pegasus St
- Cass Finn LandscapingPO Box 201152
- CastleRock Foundation Repair, LLC8760A Research Blvd #325
- Catalyst Construction, Inc.1301 W. Ben White Blvd. Suite 100-A
- Centex Foundation Repair1120 E 52nd St
- Central Concrete Creations2000 S Lakeline Blvd
Cedar Park, Texas
- Chino's Construction415 east st. elmo #1E
- Church Foundation Repair1260 Brittmoore Rd
- Clark Construction Company702 County Cork Ln
- Constructinople11400 W. Parmer Lane Ste. 128
Cedar Park, Texas
- Cotham Construction Services & Roofing201 S Lakeline Blvd Ste 804
Cedar Park, Texas
- CRAIN CONCRETE CONTRACTOR700 COUNTY CORK LN
- CRC Concrete Raising and Repair1720 Howard Ln
- Crosstown Engineering4115 High Sierra Dr
San Antonio, Texas
- Crown Foundation Repair603 Louis Henna Blvd STE 197-108
Round Rock, Texas
- Cain Construction & Carpentry
- Dawson Foundation Repair6906 Chetwood
- Diehr Masonry10215 Rocking Horse Rd
- DOUGLAS FOUNDATION REPAIR12510 EDWARDS HOLLOW RUN
- DP concrete 600B Summit Dr
- DreamScape Design8760 Research Blvd 114
- Du-West Foundation Repair713 S Seguin Rd
- Dawson Foundation Repair
- East Austin Carpenters1603 Deloney st
- ECL CONSTRUCTION
- EMERALD SUNROOMS7801 N LAMAR STE C 47
- Escobar Construction, LLC7703 N Lamar Blvd
- Evco Remodeling5555 North lamar k117
Cedar Park, Texas
- Expert Remodeling2405 2nd St
- East Austin Carpenters
- Hercules Foundation Repair815A Brazos St
- Historic BuildersPO Box 2236
- Holt Concrete Work's Inc910 Prairie Trl
- Home Source Construction13359 N Hwy 183 Ste 406-207
- Houston Foundation Co13311 Dunlap St
- Howard Custom Homes10724 Sycamore Hills Rd
- Hercules Foundation Repair
- Inspectaroo2300 Scenic Dr
- LaPreze Leveling & General Construction LLCPO Box 129
- Leak Trackers4514 Cole Avenue, Ste. 600
- legendary remodeling and contracting
- Leveled Concrete6903 Mayard Rd
- Leveled Homes1842 Stuart Rd
- Lockwood Services LLCPO Box 303354
- Lone Star Custom Builders2311 Founder Dr
Cedar Park, Texas
- Longhorns Foundation Solutions 455 Springwood Ln
San Antonio, Texas
- Loza concrete
- LaPreze Leveling & General Construction LLC
- M & M Construction & Remodeling2012 Market St.
- Maldonado's Concrete5103 Two Iron st.
- Maverick Construction17906 Linkview Dr.
Dripping Springs, Texas
- McCulloch Remodeling7 RAVEN DR
- Merlo's Construction Company6243 W Commerce St
San Antonio, Texas
- Mermaid Painting & Construction7117 Wood Hollow Dr
- MKCS Roofing13800 Texas Hwy 29, #D
Liberty Hill, Texas
- Mr Done Right Handyman Contractor2235 E. 6th
- Myers Concrete Construction LLPP O Box 2928
- M & M Construction & Remodeling
- NUSSEL CONTRACTING LLCPO BOX 151842
- NUSSEL CONTRACTING LLC