The typical heated floor cost ranges from $1,700 to just over $6,000
Matching on Angi
Reviews of Nearby Companies For Laminate Floor Installation
Laminate Floor Installation Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Install Laminate Flooring project in Ashburn, VA
Similar to Laminate Floor Installation
What are Laminate Floors?
Laminate floors, sometimes referred to as floating wood tile, are synthetic flooring the mimics the look of wood, metal or stone. Laminate is composed of multiple layers heated and pressed together. The beauty comes from a photographic layer protected on top by a thin and tough clear coating, all are supported by thicker layers of plastics, resins, wood and fibers. Laminate is easy to install making it a popular DIY project. But hiring a contractor to install laminate floors will help you avoid the headache and possible mess-ups. If you do hire, consider getting three estimates to ensure a competitive price in your area.
Keep in Mind When Considering Laminate Floors
- Price – laminate is affordable compared to other flooring types, going as low as $1 to $2 per square foot. Add another $2 per square foot for installation. High-end options can push the price up to $8 per square foot.
- It’s easy to install – many come as sections (tiles, planks) that click together.
- Less nails that can stick up or seams that can warp over time or because of temperature and humidity changes.
- Less demolition and waste – most laminate is installed over existing floors.
- With the reduction of wood glue, less toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Laminate is billed as durable, but the brand and quality does matter. Most will last between 20-25 years without losing appeal. Some laminate looks great after 30 years. Low-quality brands can start to fall apart after 10 years of heavy use.
- Cleaning is easy, with a smooth surface that can be mopped.
- Laminate will not add to your home’s resale value, unlike hardwood or even engineered hardwood. But well-done laminate will not harm the appeal of a home during a sale.