The typical cost to install a boiler is between $3,700 and $8,100
Matching on Angi
Reviews of HVAC Repair Services Near Your Location
HVAC Repairs Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Hvac Repairs project in Ashburn, VA
Deals from HVAC Repair Services Near You
Similar to HVAC Repairs
What are common HVAC repair issues?
Most HVAC technicians will tell you the leading cause of HVAC repair problems is owner neglect. If you fail to have annual service visits, fail to replace disposable air filters, or fail to pay attention to the small trouble signs, you could be looking at hefty repair costs.
These are typical repair problems we see in Angie's List reviews:
- Clogged air filters — Homeowners can replace their own disposable filters monthly; enlist professional help for deep media or permanent filters.
- Improperly balanced systems — Supply and return airflow must be balanced.
- Leaking or low refrigerant — Central air conditioners require modern, environmentally friendly refrigerant to efficiently cool interior spaces.
- Thermostats — Malfunctioning or wrongly set thermostats waste energy.
How much do HVAC repair services near me cost?
The typical HVAC service call costs between $39 to $260, which is a very wide range influenced by many factors:
- Call charge — A flat rate intended to help recoup travel and time costs.
- Expertise — Better talent costs more - a more experienced, highly trained technician is usually worth the extra rate.
- Timing of your service call — Expect to pay more for midnight furnace repair and July 4th A/C repair.
Expect to pay additional charges for parts that must be replaced. Most modern HVAC service fleets have well-stocked trucks, and many A/C systems use industry-standard, interchangeable parts. This saves time, travel and money with “back to the shop” round trips.
How much does a thermostat cost?
Parts alone can run into hundred of dollars, though a good replacement thermostat, for example, may only cost $80 or so.
How do I make sure I'm getting a good deal near me for my money?
Before engaging any HVAC contractor, check the company out on online forums such as here to make sure you will get what you pay for. Be sure your contractor has proper licensing and insurance. The List of HVAC repair services on this page should help you find a local, reliable HVAC technician.
What other things should I consider before, during and after hiring an HVAC repair service near me?
- Ask for references and customer testimonials if the repair is not urgent.
- If you think the repair will be extensive or minor, get three estimates.
- Be sure to ask if the technician has experience working on your brand of HVAC unit.
- Once you hire a contractor, ask to see the old parts being replaced.
How often should I get my HVAC's ducts cleaned?
Every three to five years homeowners should have their air ducts cleaned by a pro.
How long should a HVAC system last?
Most quality HVAC systems should last more than 15 years - many warranties will cover them for 20 years. Be sure to have it maintained regularly to reach these numbers, and beyond.
Much of our indoor work and play would be unbearable without heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) to treat, clean and warm or cool the air. When your HVAC system goes awry, how can you be sure you are getting quality, affordable HVAC repair?
Still curious for more information? If the above tips didn't help, consider checking these other HVAC resources:
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Heating Cooling Contractor Articles
The average cost to replace a motorized damper is $350, with a typical range of $250 to $450
The typical range for installing new baseboard heaters costs between $400 to $1,100 on average