Winterizing your garage door can help you throughout the year, not only in the winter. Using this guide, you’ll learn how adding items such as insulation and even table salt can help prevent your garage door from freezing.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Windsor, VT
There are 0 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Windsor
- Yankee DoorTom's expert advice was appreciated. He completely replaced one opener and checked the other. His quote was his end-of-project price and he completed the project when he said he would. We will hire him again when the second opener dies.
- Action Garage Door, LLCAppointment was scheduled quickly (less than one week out). Price Representative showed up in the window provided and answered all questions. He disconnected the current motor and openers, installed new ones and let us know that we would need new door system in the future due to the age of the springs currently in place and the fact that the springs were maxed out. Professional and quick. Very pleased. Only very minor complaint was there was a sharp/pointed screw left in the garage bay and several metal nuts on the ground read less
- Action Garage Door, LLCMy call was answered immediately by a friendly, courteous woman, who took my request and patched me to a man who was able to schedule me for a time at my convenience in the next couple of days. They gave me a reasonable estimate, including the hourly rate and cost of expected parts needed. I expected him to be there Friday shortly after I got home from work, so as it got later, we thought he hadn't shown up. It turned out that he was able to get there a few hours earlier and completed the job before we got home. The work looks excellent, and the door opens smoothly. The bill was slightly below the estimate. I'm very happy with the job read less
- High Meadow Builders LLCIf you are looking for a PROFESSIONAL contractor that offers a QUALITY product this is the company for you! The customer service provided by High Meadow Builders during the remodel was outstanding. The crew was always on time and took care to protect the area around the work site from damage. The quality and skill of their work is AMAZING. The contractor handled the whole project, all we had to do was pick the finishes. The project was completed on time and on budget read less
- Suburban DoorVery, very positive experience. Jim & Chris were helpful in performing maintenance work on our garage doors about a month ago, however the mechanisms were old and one of them gave out and had to be replaced. They responded to my husband's call quickly and replaced the door mechanism quickly and professionally (and cleaned up after themeselves). Once again, we are very happy with our experience with Suburban Door and would definitely use them again! Very personable, very professional and very quick to respond read less
- Action Garage Door, LLCdifficult to get in touch with at first; once services confirmed, it all went fairly smoothly. When garage door was removed, they removed garage door opener and we had to call back and have a new garage door opener installed
- Taylor Garage Doors IncI would wholeheartedly recommend Taylor Garage Doors. Both of my springs went out on Sunday. I found the company on Angie's List and called Monday morning. By Monday afternoon I had it repaired and sounding much better than before! I paid an excellent price and have been happy with the whole experience since. As my husband is away, I would recommend this company for any ladies worried about being ripped off because you are a woman. A+++ rating read less
- Action Garage Door, LLCafter about 4 weeks I called only to find out that dispite the fact that they had my money they forgot all about me and never ordered the door. After some appropriate apologies I was told they would order the door and have it by the end of next week and schedule an installation,all this was around 10/07/2014. 2 weeks later I was called and told that the door was in and would be installed. on 10/29/2014 on Wednseday the 29 of October a truck arrived with two very nice young men explaining that they were not from Action Garage Door but that they had our door and were ready to install it. Every thing was up hill from that point. the door was installed quickly and works fine read less
- Action Garage Door, LLCMy first issue, was I could not get anyone to call me back by leaving a message on the phone number listed for the company. Just kept getting a machine. I finally used the emergency number from the message on the machine and someone did return my call. It wasn't an emergency, but that was the only phone number that was responded to. They set up a time and day and were prompt. At a charge of $182.22 they replaced all the door rollers and pulleys and said all was now fine, that the others were old. That made sense to me as they had installed the door lift back in 2006. Within a week or so the door was shrieking again. We called again (used the emergency number again) and they came out and adjusted it again at no charge. That did not last either. I called again in June and they came out yet again, looked around, said the door was off kilter and I needed to just shift it back into place when it made the noise. They then charged us another $90.00. Even though I am a very physically fit person, I could no more shift that door than I could stop a moving bus. To reach up overhead and yank that big door into place made no sense. I offered to purchase a new set of tracks or a new door, but he said no need it was just the door slipping to one side. He left and I gave up on the door and the company. We left the door as it was all summer and did not use the garage. Once the snow started I needed the garage. So we used it by leaving the door open at all times. I then started a search for other companies and came up with another company of Rutland VT about an hour west of us. They answered their phone and were polite and professional. They sent someone out promptly and they made a bunch of adjustments. The door stuck part way up once after their repair so I called them and they came back right away and adjusted the track and it has worked fine ever since. Wish I could give Action Garage Door a better rating, but the overall experience and expense for ending up with a non functioning garage door prevents me from doing that. Will not use them again read less
- Champlain Door CompanyI went up there and they told me that it was my fault. Then they said they would fix them but they wanted $300 before they would even get out of the van and it was warranted. The price would cover some gorilla getting out and putting some angle iron across where it split, which should have been done in the beginning. The attitude of the woman there is unreal. It is all numbers and once the sale is done, they are done and they could care less. Her name was Sandy. The salesman was awesome but once the sale was done, they didn't give a care. We would not recommend them for anything. The pricing was perfect for the doors and they did the installation and everything was awesome until it started splitting a year or so later. The product was good and the work was terrible. They accused us of the product settling. We had to chase them. We would never use them again. They jacked up the price when they came to do the repair read less
Garage Door Companies in Windsor
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes. read lessRecent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:We are a fully insured company that provides property maintenance, landscaping, pruning, minor carpentry, painting, chair caning, driveway sealing, life alert instillation and much much more! Experience with both commercial and residential read less
- Business Description:In 1962 our business was started in Newport, NH, where we manufacture roof trusses, wall panels, door units, kitchen countertops, as well as operate a custom planing mill. In Middleton, NH we operate one of New England's largest state of the art saw mills along with dry kilns, planing and resaw operations. Over the years we've added convenient New Hampshire locations in Claremont, West Lebanon, North Walpole, Dover, Middleton. In 2001 we expanded into Vermont by acquiring stores in Rutland an.. read less
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you.. read lessRecent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
- Business Description:We are a full service Property Maintenance and Property Managment bussiness. We do all fphases of carpentry from frame to finish
- Business Description:Yankee Door is a full service garage door companyRecent Review:It didn't as he never got back to me or returned my calls.David M.
- Business Description:Boynton Construction, Inc. is a general contracting company that specializes in Custom Home Building and Residential and Commercial Construction. We have three full time employees, who are experienced, professional, and courteous. We hire and have excellent working relationships with subcontractors as well-so we can handle anything! We are always thinking of our clients and working tirelessly to make the home building, remodeling or repair process timely, tidy, and convenient. We bill bi-week.. read less
- Business Description:Peachtree Builders, Inc. is a full-service building and remodeling company specializing in rehabilitation, additions, and remodeling projects. We have successfully completed many projects in the Upper Valley of New Hampshire and Vermont read lessRecent Review:unknownCarol J.
- Business Description:Inland Building is a two man operation. We bring in subcontracted help as the size of the job requires. We charge out at 45.00 dollars per hour and normally like to work on a time and materials basis. Materials and subcontractors provided by us are marked up 20% for profit and overhead costs. We are fully insured and stand behind our work read lessRecent Review:Great! Four days work, they removed and replaced the deck flooring as well as wood supports. Happy with results!Peter J.
- Business Description:Portland Glass has a history of success and a safety record that’s unmatched in New England. We are the providers of the best auto, home & business glass in Vermont, Maine & New Hampshire.Recent Review:I picked them because, they were the cheapest. The service was very good. They packed it well and I had no problem getting it down. I brought it to New York City. I would use them again. Marcey C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
When installing a garage door opener, you need to consider the type, horsepower, any accessories you want, and whether you should DIY it or hire a pro. This guide will help you determine the true cost of installing garage door openers.
A new garage is something many homeowners wish for, but the undertaking requires a fair amount of prep work. Learn what you need to plan for, such as ventilation, insulation, usage, and zoning laws. Use these tips when planning your new garage build.
Find garage door companies in
- White River Junction
garage door companies in Windsor
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Action Garage Door, LLC381 US Route 4
Enfield, New Hampshire
- Action Garage Door, LLC
- CRV ConstructionPO Box 551
- CRV Construction
- Garage Door Supply Co151 E Main St # 2
- Garage Door Supply Co
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Inland Building Co.2109 Braintree Hill Rd
- Inland Building Co.
- LaValley Building Supply, Inc.351 Sunapee Street
Newport, New Hampshire
- LaValley Building Supply, Inc.
- Sampson's Home nnd Property Maintenance1445 Lower Plain
- Sampson's Home nnd Property Maintenance
- Westward Renovation344 Brookside Drive
NEW LONDON, New Hampshire
- Westward Renovation
- Yankee Door113 Garnet St
Sunapee, New Hampshire
- Yankee Door