Plumb Perfect

Vermont
Vermont: Contractors

1197 North Ave

Burlington, VT 05408

Plumb Perfect, LLC is a full service plumbing and heating company with over 20 years experience. Our team of professionals are trained and experienced in everything plumbing. From new home builds to Drain pipe cleanings we do it all. Call us at (802) 233-5564...

4.1

4.3

3.9

3.9

4.3

3.8

plumbers (19)home remodeling (3)drain cleaning (1)gas leak repair (1)

08/20/2021

Amy B.

This "plumber" isn't licensed, didn't file a permit, took my money and abandoned the job. Do NOT hire him. He is a disorganized mess.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category plumbing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

Review for Plumb Perfect - 1197 North Ave, Burlington, VT - 39447246

12/31/2020

Mike E.

The did the job quickly and correctly with no problems.

Description of Work
plumbing

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

12/31/2020

Steve L.

Great- Stan is terrific!

Description of Work
plumbing

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

09/07/2020

Bruce H.

The folks from Plumb Perfect were outstanding. They explained everything they were doing and were true professionals from start to finish. Both people wore masks throughout and were sure to clean everything up from their work. I have found my regular plumbers for sure with this vendor.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen sink and faucet

Work Completed On 09/06/2020

08/03/2020

Noah R.

Stan was prompt, professional and thorough when I asked him to reconnect our gas stove and was careful to evaluate for leak (which he fixed). I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Stove connection to gas line, leak test

Category plumbing,home remodeling,gas leak repair

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

01/27/2020

Ellen B.

We contacted Stan Friday morning, Jan.24,2020 to see if he could install a new faucet in our kitchen. We were very pleased that even though it was a Friday, he said he could come by later that afternoon and do the installation! He had never installed this type of faucet but was able to quickly understand the directions and installed the faucet in about 90 minutes. The original faucet was at least 20 years old and required extra effort to remove and Stan managed it beautifully! I highly recommend Stan, owner of Plumbperfect for any plumbing issues. He was courteous and worked in a very timely manner!

Description of Work
New touch sensitive kitchen faucet

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

01/24/2020

Manfred H.

Slow, a lot of whining and waiting, Stan is hard to deal with snd seems not too eager to work.

Description of Work
Replace toilet abd replace trap

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

07/17/2019

Orest B.

Very well, the job was completed and works very well. There was an initial problem with the part that I bought and after installation found that the part was defective. Stan took ownership and replaced the spigot with a new one without additional charge for his work.

Description of Work
Replaced a spigot in a wall, but house did not have a basement, had to go thru a wall.

Work Completed On 07/06/2019

02/24/2019

Malcolm S.

Came, later than originally agreed, installed the system, which appears to work, and left without taking the water sample. Haven’t heard from him since.

Description of Work
Had a whole house in-line filter installed for our well system.

Cost $430.58

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

02/01/2019

Anne H.

If ethics and integrity are any indication of work quality - run! He came; assesses; took a water sample; called a week later to say he had 'just found' the sample and was sending it in. A week later he called to say he would be at my home that following Monday and would call Sunday eve to determine a time. Never called; never came. Sent him an e-mail, never responded. Never heard from him again. Left me in the lurch for three weeks. Found someone else who did the job; no muss, no fuss. I figure I was lucky he never called back.

Description of Work
drain pipe repaired; aerator in sink fixed;

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

08/18/2018

Gigi B.

once the work was completed the drain worked fine. but it was a real pain to get them to appear at home. firstly, the original appointed time was not kept because plumber forgot. a new time was set but he did not appear. then he said he would send someone else. we waited again for the new plumber to come. we waited for quite some time before someone finally appeared. i can understand that these people could be very busy, but a little courtesy and respect for our time would have been appreciated. a phone call is so easy make to update us on ETA. it was a good thing there was someone at home to let them in. after he had assessed what needed to be done, he said he would be back the next day at an appointed hour. he did come back the following day as he had said and completed the job.

Description of Work
shower drain needed to be resealed

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

04/02/2018

Bridget C.

He was quick and efficient. Both items are working great. He was easy to make an appointment with and very knowledgeable. Would hire him again.

Description of Work
Fixed clogged toilet and shower handle.

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

01/30/2018

Timothy M.

They did a wonderful job very professional

Description of Work
I needed a new furnace and they put a new one in

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

01/29/2018

LoisAnne C.

I called Plumb Perfect and spoke with Stanley Selig. He provided many helpful suggestions over the phone unfortunately they did not resolve the issue. Stanley stated that he was on a job and would stop by my house around 6:15 PM Friday evening. At 6:15 PM Stanley arrived and immediately notice that the gas line shut-off value needed to be replaced. He stepped out for a short while and returned with a new gas line shut off valve which he installed. Once the new gas line shut-off value was installed we were able to properly install the oven. Stanley saved the day. He was quick to react and to resolve my problem. On a Friday evening no less. He also followed up the next day with a follow up call to see how things were going. I highly recommend Stanley for any of your plumbing needs. He is friendly, courteous and knowledgeable in his field. He's one of my hero's.

Description of Work
I was having a new oven installed but was unable to detach the old gas hose from the old gas line.

Work Completed On 01/26/2018

01/01/2018

Andrew M.

Overall, the work was done well, and the price was fair. Guiseppe - their tile guy - did a fantastic job on the tiling, Steven was awesome with the electrical, and Michael Bedard was excellent with the walls. However, clear communication and transparency were lacking. We would suggest this company to someone who is more experienced with renovations or wants a hands off experience. With that in mind, one should not be afraid to ask questions and advocate for themselves to ensure the work is done to your satisfaction. Communication: This was our first major home renovation, and we had no experience with the specifics of a bathroom remodel at the start. However, we are both detail oriented, and wanted to know what was being done and how things were "supposed" to look at different stages. Asking specific questions was not always appreciated by the lead contractor, although the workers were very friendly and helpful. Specifically, we found three small errors during the project - a hole in adjoining wall, a minor hole in the grout, and an incredibly slow leak from a valve. These were not problematic, and they were all fixed before the project was completed at no cost to us. However, when we asked about these during the project, we were either not believed initially or received an annoyed response. Again, this was simply a lack of communication and professionalism, not a problem with the work or the price. Also related to communication, there were many instances where details needed to be repeated although they were already in writing or had been agreed upon in advance. Transparency: Throughout the project we had many instances of not knowing what the plan was or whether there was one. As mentioned, we did not know when work would start/end each day (specialists started early, but others often didn't start until 11 AM). An itemized quote was provided and adhered to, but not until about 1/2 way through the project because materials had not been obtained (this did not hold the project up, simply delayed the quote). Again, the project was completed well and at a fair price. I don't want to discourage people from using Plumb Perfect for simple jobs for a good price, especially if you are having a hard time getting the larger companies to talk to you, which we know from experience happens. Just be prepared to deal with what we feel is lower than average customer service and some quirks that are part of that package.

Description of Work
The most important work required was fixing a leak in our shower located behind the wall. We increased the work to include complete replacement of the shower plumbing lines/fixtures, replacement of the plastic tub surround with new wallboard and tile, and installation of new vanity lighting and an exhaust fan.

Category plumbing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

12/15/2017

Adam D.

I have always been very pleased with Plumb Perfect. They respond and deal with any situation I've handed them far quicker that I could have hoped. I appreciate that Stanley is honest and straightforward in his diagnosis and quotes. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
I have needed several toilets replaced and Stan coordinated a big job for my office and did a great job!

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

12/14/2017

Shelley M.

They are thorough and make sure it all works. They have done prior work for me for about 8 years. Pricing is reasonable too.

Description of Work
They came out to install a new kitchen faucet, and also installed new bathroom counter top and sink.

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

12/08/2017

Amy M.

Stan said he could fix the issue in 4 minutes, and he did! At his suggestion, we sent him a photo in advance of the toilet so he could see the model and get a sense of the issue. He came in and right away fixed it. We can recommend him highly!

Description of Work
Our upstairs toilet was not working properly.

Work Completed On 12/07/2017

08/17/2011

John Z.

Our experience with Plumb Perfect has been terrible and Stan should not be doing any contractor work since he lacks a plumbers license and he does not know how to work carefully which results in more problems. The following is a list of events that took place from 7/13 through 8/15: On 7/13 Stan arrived in the morning and spent several hours tearing out the old vanity, tub and toilet and placing them on my front lawn and walkway. I had made my garage available for his use and thought that he would use that to store the old fixtures there but he did not, he left them out front until later the following day as an eyesore for the rest of the neighborhood. He also told me that he would have to cut a hole in the 1st floor ceiling in order to set the drain when the tub arrived the next day so he punched a small hole in the ceiling to identify where to cut the hole for drain. I was not happy to hear that because of the work involved with painting a patched ceiling to match the rest of the ceiling. Stan was to come back the next morning, 7/14, but was delayed. At about 10 a.m. my doorbell rang and it was John Wallek, Vermont State Plumbing/Heating Inspector. John said that he had an anonymous tip that Stan Selig was doing work at my house which I confirmed. John said that Stan is not allowed to do plumbing work because he did not have a license and that he had been cited for doing plumbing work without a license recently. I was informed by John that if I allowed Stan to do plumbing work that I too could be cited and that I needed to hire a licensed plumber to do the work. When Stan showed up I confronted him and he admitted that he did not have a license in Vermont. Because of time constraints and the deposit I had already given Stan I chose to continue the contract and told Stan not to do any more plumbing on his own and hired Rene Brosseau of R.B. Plumbing to do the plumbing work. Rene is a great plumber and I am thankful to him for coming to our aid. Rene advised me that because Stan had already prepared the plumbing for the tub that he could not be held responsible for that piece. Given the time constraints and Chris being ready to begin his tile work there was no way to hand the rest of the tub plumbing work over to Rene. Also on 7/14 when Chris Lane was there he had to show Stan how he could set the drain without cutting through the 1st floor ceiling. This ended up being the first of several good deeds that Chris brought to the project for which I am grateful. When Stan had prepared the plumbing for the tub it resulted in two problems. The first problem is that the faucet handle was not set right so that he had to call the faucet company to get an extender which caused a delay of the project. The other problem was that the spout did not set right and needed to be fixed by cutting a hole in the wall because the tile had already been installed. This caused another delay. Chris had told Stan to order a filler for the vanity so the vanity can be properly installed and Stan forgot to place the order which resulted in delaying getting the vanity installed so that stone company, Upon This Rock, could do the template for the granite top. Stan corrected the problems of the faucet and spout but in doing so he made dings in the new tub and also in the plate that covers the faucet. Stan did have a tub repair specialist come in to fix the tub. Rene installed the toilet but the design of the toilet was such that the existing water supply valve was in the way of the base of the toilet. Rene was able to install the toilet but the handle to the supply valve could not be placed so now it is very difficult to shut the water supply valve off. Stan should have measured this when the toilet was ordered and then have Rene move the water supply valve the couple of inches. My wife spent a great deal of time with Stan and the stone company regarding the under-mount sink and the sizing requirements. Neither Stan or the stone company informed her that if she had a tiled back-splash instead of a stone back-splash that she could have had a larger sink which she would have preferred . Stan came one day to do some work and when he needed to clean up he brought his shop vac into the house and it was leaking dirt/dust onto the floors and carpet and Stan did not even realize that he had done this. Stan asked Rene if he could do the plumbing work to save himself some money and I told Stan that I did not want him doing any plumbing work. Stan asked if he could mount the faucets onto the stone to save Rene from having to do it after the stone was installed. On 8/15 Stan took the stone off of the vanity to install the faucets but he ended up (a) installing the drain which was not done right and Rene had to fix and (b) Stan damaged the newly painted wall when putting back the stone onto the vanity. Stan damaged the plate to the tub/shower faucet so that it needs to be replaced - TBD

Description of Work
remodel a small bathroom on the 2nd floor by replacing the dated tub, vanity, and toilet with a tiled shower/tub, tiled floor and new vanity and toilet.

Work Completed On 08/15/2011

I delivered a complete remodeled bathroom for price contracted! Yes there were mistakes made but they were corrected a no cost to the customer. Yes we exceeded our completion schedule because granite top the customer picked out was delayed. No I don't have a plumbing license as required by the state of Vermont. I acted mostly as a GC and project coordinator. The tile guy miscalculated the thickness of wall which through off the shower valve positioning. This was corrected within a couple of hours. There was stress to the homeowner because at the same time we were remodeling bathroom, the homeowner had his heating boiler replaced by another contractor and they had new hardwood floors and carpeting installed. The place was a zoo. The customer only had a 18" vanity and not a 21" vanity; plus the homeowner wanted a rectangular sink. That is why it had to be small. The stone cutter company is who really delayed the process. This was a simple vanity. They insisted on having to template the vanity top which was totally unnecessary. They waited until the vanity and all fillers were onsite. The bathroom turned out gorgeous and came in exactly at the contracted price.

Plumbing, kitchen, bathroom remodeling and basement replacements including sinks, faucets, dishwashers, garbage disposals, showers, tubs, sinks, faucets, toilets, hot water heaters, boilers, water pipes, sewer drain cleaning & repairs.

Installation of oil furnaces, installation of furnaces for mobile homes