For homeowners who struggle to keep up with household those whose health prevents them from doing certain tasks, hiring help with chores around the house can be a huge help. Here are some of the best chores pros can do for you to make life a little easier
Get matched with top handyman services in Lorton, VA
There are 365 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in Lorton
- Willis Builders IncIt went amazing. Naveed was a great project manager and walked us through the process every step of the way. He explained multiple options and provided recommendations on how to better design our basement layout. The end product was better than we could imagine. I would definitely work with Willis Builders again
- JW Home ImprovementThe owner came to give us an estimate and spent a lot of time learning about our needs. The job was originally schedule the week prior but they changed the project to the following week which was an inconvenience but otherwise they did an excellent job. They were prompt and worked steadily throughout the 3 days and always sought our input on any decisions that needed to be made. They were polite. The company picked up debris from the job promptly the next day. Cesar Miranda is a skilled craftsman who went the extra mile
- JW Home ImprovementWe recently hired JW Home Improvement to resurface our deck, repair and paint all the trim on the exterior of the house, and make other much-needed repairs and improvements. We very much appreciated Estimator Josh, Field Supervisor Clinton, and Office Manager Michelle for their responsiveness and friendliness. The team they sent to us, Alberto and Javier, were excellent! Highly skilled in so many areas of construction and painting and problem solving, they were efficient, careful, hard working, and thorough. Good natured, they took the time to explain to us what they were doing whenever we had questions. We highly recommend them and plan to hire them again
- JW Home ImprovementAlberto and Javier were efficient in getting the work done; completing it in 3 days rather than the estimated 3.5. They were courteous and professional and were careful to keep my home clean and clean up the debris/garbage from the work.
- Fry Plumbing Heating & Air ConditioningWhen my air conditioner stopped blowing cold air and I couldn't reach my normal A/C repairman, I called Fry based on good reviews on Angi. It was a Monday in August and I expected to be added to a long wait list. But after giving all of my information to the office manager, she told me that someone would be at my house in 30 minutes. Two technicians arrived on time, thoroughly inspected the condenser, diagnosed the problem, discussed options with me, and quickly returned the unit to full operation. They even cleaned the condenser coils to ensure a more productive heat exchange. I'll use Fry for all of my heating, a/c, and plumbing issues in the future
- JW Home ImprovementSo please that I went with JW. The side entry porch had rotted wood throughout and the steps were sagging. Also, exterior house paint had been removed years ago but prior owners did not address one side of house, probably cause it was hidden behind crepe myrtles. Crepe myrtles are now gone and that wall is very visible on the street. Also there were some little jobs needed around the house such as replacing rotted boards above the garage. Got a quote from JW in late April and scheduled the work for the week of July 21 for 6-7 days of work. Two workers showed up promptly on the 21st and did a great job. Very pleased with the JW crew as they kept me posted on the progress throughout the job which was completed in six days. Wish I could post before and after pictures as it looks fantasti
- JW Home ImprovementGreat work by JW team of Oscar and Jose. They sent two workers to complete all items, which was done within the estimated timetable provided (10.5 man hours total). JW did very thorough work, all issues fixed/repaired, new access door installed, and finished product works great. While a bit costly on an hourly rate basis, you pay a premium for quality, which is always worth it in the long run. would certainly hire again
- JW Home ImprovementThe work was outstanding!! Miguel Romero and William Gebara were our technicians. They exceeded our expectations. The next time we have a need for a handyman, our first call will be to JW Home Improvements
- JW Home ImprovementJW was excellent. We had a myriad of projects, including exterior and interior painting, drywall repair, exterior wood replacement and brick repair. They did a great job and paid attention to every detail. We had interior jobs and felt comfortable with the men inside our home. Moreover, they went above and beyond with labeling all of our paint cans (with the rooms in which each color was used) and moving them
- JW Home ImprovementJW did a great job from a detailed quote to professional work. We did not have the time, tools or skills to do the work ourselves. JW is a great company to hire.
Handymen in Lorton
- Business Description:Dan the Man... that's how all my customers call me because me and my crew offer them what they expect-Quality Work. Details make difference between work complete or work well done. With my experience as quality control, construction engineer, carpenter, plumber & electrician I become highly detail oriented. Perfection is not an option, it is a must. We are here to help you and provide you handyman services, professional repair and remodeling services for homes and businesses — to the highest ..
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Specialize in Home inspection punch list and we are certified in Handicap Accessibility. Call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:Great! Ronnie was polite, quick, neat and the jobs turned out beautifully.Pamela A.
- Business Description:JWHI provides world-class customer service with consistent and superior workmanship and strives to be the trusted market leader in the home improvement industry. Super Service Award Winner TEN years in a row and running. Contact us today to discuss your next home project. We look forward to working with youRecent Review:Jose and Denis did a great job! They were the best!Tim W.
- Business Description:I am a family owned and operated business. State License #2705146260. Due to me doing my own work I am only able to communicate via phone call. Please call me at 703.257.9453; no emails please. As sole proprietor of Lacey Home Repairs since 1987, I provide general home repairs. I prefer to work primarily alone, or with one trusted helper, when needed. It allows me to control the quality of my work and the services I provide, but limits the size of the projects I take on. A sampling of some o..Recent Review:Went great, Steve is very good, highly recommended . Honest, up front on work and cost, would use again without hesitation .J H.
- Business Description:The Doctor House, Handyman, we can do almost everything, using good materials, no job is to small if we can't do we have a business partners and we can help you with your Home Improvement or your HONEY DO LIST.Recent Review:Carlos and team removed plaster and hung drywall in the bedroom to repair water-damaged plaster that was bulging around the window frames. The work also included removing and replacing the trim around the windows and baseboards, installing insulation, caulking, painting and hauling away debris. Carlos agreed to remove the plaster and return at a later time to finish the job after we determined the cause of the water damage. We knew it wasn’t a plumbing issue because there aren’t any pipes behind the wall, but thought it might be a brick pointing issue. After a really bad rainstorm, Carlos called to see if water had permeated the exposed brick wall. This thoughtful and kind gesture was above and beyond. It took weeks before they could finish the job and Carlos kept in touch to avoid any scheduling conflicts. Carlos and his team did a terrific job, showed up on time and left the work area clean everyday. We intend to call Carlos for our next home project because of the workmanship, work ethic and the care and concern he showed us during this projectWanda A.
- Business Description:Mr. Handyman is your one-call solution for a wide range of home maintenance and repair needs. Our uniformed technicians are fully insured professionals. We arrive on time in uniform and a marked van with the tools to complete the job right. r. Handyman technicians are highly skilled craftsmen with an average of 10 years’ experience in the trades. We’re home repair and improvement experts, and we are known for the quality of our workmanship and professional reliability so you know the job will..Recent Review:Front office was responsive. Work was done efficiently and with very professional results.Molly L.
- Business Description:Daniel & Sons Services is a locally owned and operated company with over 14 years of business experience. We’re the smartest and fastest handyman service in the Falls Church area because of our wide range of services offered at very competitive rates. We’re quick at fixing your problems while handling each project with great care. We specialize in paint and stain projects, replacing water heaters and pumps, drywall repair, and small remodeling projects. We’re proud to use products and equipm..Recent Review:The response time was excellent. Daniel did our estimate and was prompt and efficient. The first crew that was to come out at 2PM was 1 hour late and I called and he told me he was still painting somewhere. He came at 4:30 and took a look at the cabinets to be installed and said it was too much work and would cost more than the estimate and he didn't have the time that day. We called the office and talked with Daniel who was very apologetic and a new crew came out the following morning and installed the replacement cabinets. This required putting the cabinets together also. They did an excellent job. They were courteous, professional and responsive to our concerns and had the job done in about 3 hours (there were 4 cabinets).They cleaned everything up including the mirrors on the cabinets and hauled all the trash away including the old cabinets. Were it not for our experience with the first crew I would give them 5 starsWilliam C.
- Business Description:Two Brothers Handyman and Home Improvement Service has 20+ years experience and a "CLASS A LICENSE IN VA & DC". We love every type of project from large scale renovations to even the smallest of jobs! We specialize in quality workmanship at affordable prices. We take pride in maintaining a consistently high-caliber level of work that comes with a satisfaction guarantee. Open and honest lines of communication with our clients during every step of the project is key to building relationships wi..Recent Review:Ruben and his team remodeled our kitchen and did a lot of other work in our new condo. They are professional, dependable and honest. We are very happy with the work they have done for us and highly recommend themilona b.
- Business Description:Jim The Handyman is a family run handyman business established in 1984 in Northern Virginia. We offer a wide range of services and free estimates, so we can get your home to-do list checked off, and your house in tip top shape! Jim The Handyman specializes in the home improvement and repair industry with our core competencies being carpentry, drywall, door installation and repair, screen and window repair, tiling and tile repair, caulking, painting, pressure washing, furniture repair and asse..Recent Review:Everything went very well. Tim came out multiple times to provide estimates for the work and was very clear about what needed to be done. Scheduling the work was easy and the individuals assigned to each task arrived on time. All of them, including Carlos, Efrain, Neal, Mauricio and Manolo, were super professional, very knowledgeable, efficient, and respectful of our property. They took their shoes off when they entered the house, deployed tarps to avoid any unwanted paint splatter, and were careful not to damage anything around the areas where they were working. They were also patient in answering my questions and were willing to provide advice. The work they did was of the highest quality and I definitely would not hesitate to use Jim the Handyman again for future projectsAaron C.
- Business Description:General Contractor & Handyman Services. Providing the BEST Customer Service and the highest standards of craftsmanship is our #1 priority! Our job is never complete until you are Completely Satisfied!
Deals in Lorton for Handyman Service
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
You want the best contractor for your project, so interview several people before hiring anyone. If they ask any of these questions, find someone else.
Weatherstripping your property is an affordable and effective way to reduce your energy bill easily. See how much it costs and how much you can save.
Find handyman services in
- Mason Neck
- Fort Belvoir
- Lake Ridge
- West Springfield
- Mount Vernon
- Fairfax Station
- North Springfield
- Dale City
- Bryans Road
- Indian Head
- Bailey S Crossroads
handyman services in Lorton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket9120 I Beam Ln
- 'Mikes Moving Service3704 N Rosser St
- 1st Care6505 Briggs Rd
- 1st Choice Contracting, LLC120 Evans St
- 1st Choice Fence & Home Improvement LLC14639 Earlham Ct
- 1st Choice Painting and Carpentry6520 75th St
Cabin John, Maryland
- 2 Guys & a Pick Up Truck & Junk Removal /Hauling9201 Livington Road
Fort Washington, Maryland
- 24/7 HandsOn 8008 Black Gum Ct
- 3-R Contracting, LLC237 East Davis Street Suite 200
- 360 Painting630 Peter Jefferson Pkwy Ste 200
- 4 Seasons Contracting Services, LLC14416 Jefferson Davis Hwy Ste 3
- 4 Service Pros7000 NEWINGTON RD
- 5 star general contractor7127 Constantine Ave
- Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket
- A & A Renovations3245 Blundell Rd
Falls Church, Virginia
- A & B Painting3414 Frenora Ct
Falls Church, Virginia
- A & L Construction10621 Oliver St
- A A Smith Construction201 N 33rd St
- A Action Home Services6404 Telegraph Rd Suite 200
- A and B Handyman, Inc.4740 Pearson Dr
- A GUY WITH TOOLS2249 MADISON ST
- A handy and Glass8676 Hickory Ridge Ct
- A NEW CREATION PAINTING LLC.8518 HIGHLAND LN.
- A One Call Handyman Service11703 Newport Mill Rd
Silver Spring, Maryland
- A Z Razo ConstructionPO Box 73
- A&A Construction6001 North Kings Hwy
- A&C Handyman Services, LLC4724 river creek ter
- A&H Handyman Services7950 Bethlehem Rd.
- A&J’s home solutions2052 Stargrass ct
- A&M Contractors28-4 Fort Evans Rd. NE Apt. T3
- A&W Pro Remodeling4994 McFarland Drive
- A-1 Installations, LLC8612 Linton Hall Road
- A-1 Roofing's Kanga Roof6610 Devlon Pl
- A-Plus Construction Group LLC100 North Cameron St
- A.C. PAINTING203 old macdonald rd #538
- A.K. Home Maintenance Service6410 Arlington Blvd
Falls Church, Virginia
- A.M. Painting LLC244 Coventry Sq
- A/X Carpenters & Builders4108 Warner St
- A1 Repairs and Remodeling13543 union village cir
- A1 Services & Installations15000 Potomac Town Pl
- AAA Home Services5742 Pickwick Rd.
- AAA MASONRY6405 BARDU CT
- AAV INC8101 Hudson Falls Way
- Abay Iron & Metal Works LLC2414 Douglas St NE #104
Washington, District Of Columbia
- ABC Design and Build Inc6715 Backlick Rd Ste 204
- Able Homes Groups6766 Race Track Rd #204
- Above & Beyond Home Improvements, Inc.7219 Roosevelt Ave
Falls Church, Virginia
- Absolute HVAC5588 Shadybrook Dr.
- Absolute Improvement Services129 Upshire Circle
- ACA Contracting5500 Holmes Run Pkwy Ste C4
- ACC Construction LLC
- Accentrix Inc.20082 Lazy River Ter
- Accessible Improvements4501 Hickory Ln
Mount Airy, Maryland
- Acclaim Home Services5765F Burke Centre Parkway Suite 215
- Ace Home Improvement LLC4473 Southern Business Pk Dr
White Plains, Maryland
- ACE Multi-Cleaning & Restoration Services9244 East Hampton Dr Suite 507
Capital Heights, Maryland
- ACV Home Improvement LLC6748 Jenny Leigh Ct
- Ada Karacan5461 Sheffield Ct Ste 112
- Adam Contracting7487 Slagle Ln
- ADO Home Services, LLCPO Box 2843
- Adonai Contractor Company LLC918 RAY RD
- ADR Residential Services8022 Riverside Farm Rd
- Affinity Painting10241 Roberts Common Lane
- AFFORDABLE HANDYMAN AND SERVICES12270 grimsby ln
- Affordable Painting and Power Washing18712 Brookshade Ln
- Affordable Renovations3813 Richard ave
- Affordable Solutions1912 Merrimac Drive
- AffordaPro LLCPO Box 142
- AG Electrical Services638 N Kenmore St
- AG General Contractor8117 Carroll Ave
Takoma Park, Maryland
- Agcayazi llc11110 Byrd Dr
- AIR TECH INT'L7903 Cole Ave
Takoma Park, Maryland
- Aisner Management11727 N Shore Dr
- AJ Ross Service5406 Riverdale Rd
- AL Triangle Group LLC6809 Westmoreland Rd
Falls Church, Virginia
- Alay and sons
- Alberto Zavala7429 17th Ave
- Alex Construction220 Lambert Dr.
- Alfaro Contractor7805 Hooes Rd
- ALIHAN L.L.C.20503 Ivory Pass Ct
- ALJ Services LLC7079 Riley Rd
- All America Drywall Inc.10941 Woodfair Rd
Fairfax Station, Virginia
- All American Appliance Service Inc5605 Rolling Rd
- ALL AMERICAN HOME SERVICES3012 Ps Business Center Dr
- All American Painting Plus Inc11104 Harbor Ct
- All Around Home Improvement11839 Shire Ct. #32
- All Around Home Maintenance458 Creek Rd
Front Royal, Virginia
- All Around the House Home Repairs201 Excaliber Circle
- All Aspects Waterproofing8735 Bollman Pl Ste H
- All Builders United4706 Renn st
- All City Builders & Fabricators411 New York Ave NE
Washington, District Of Columbia
- All Dominion Construction, LLC9029 Longstreet Dr
- All Home Repair8102 Glover Ct
- All in one Handyman7239 Ridgeway Drive
- ALL QUALITY TRIM & CARPENTRY6491 FARGO LN
- All Renovations Inc6920B Braddock Rd Ste 191
- ALL-PURPOSE LLC2708 Afton St 2708 Afton street
Temple Hills, Maryland
- Allan Brown Remodeling, LLC2328 McCormick Rd
- Allegiance Home Improvement Services, LLCP.O. Box 1670
Temple Hills, Maryland
- Alliance Services5317 Danas Crossing Drive
- Alpha Contracting Of VA LLC8915 Waites Way
- A & A Renovations
Handyman Services FAQ
How much do handymen typically charge?
Answer: The average cost to hire a plumber is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
How much are typical handyman repair costs?
Answer: The average cost for a repair is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
Should handymen be certified or licensed in Lorton, VA?
Answer: Yes. Each state has their own requirements for licensing and certifications handyman. Be sure to check our state licensing tool to review the local handymen guidelines.
What questions should I ask a handyman in Lorton, VA?
Answer: There are several questions or things to know before hiring a handyman to do any work in your home.
Do they have proper licensing?
Do they charge for estimates?
Do they provide references?
How many handymen are in the US
Answer: According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2017, there are 1,351,210 handymen employed in the US. Their average salary is $19.37 per hour, with an annual wage of $40,280. California has the most handyman (126,420) with Texas (108,470) following just behind. Alaska has the highest average hourly wage at $24.87 per hour.