Ashburn Handyman and Remodelers LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2007

1100 N. Argonne Ave.

Sterling, VA 20164

Owner operated. Cost is determined by the job. No sub contractors....

08/10/2017

Lawrence K.

Excellent on all counts. Victor stopped by for the estimate on schedule, then had an opening the very next day and completed everything by the time I got back from work.

Description of Work
Replacement of deck stairs

04/12/2017

Deanna M.

Very well, efficient, knowledgeable

Description of Work
Needed light fixtures installed in my entryway

02/20/2017

Leslie G.

Vincent came out with his crew, removed, re-installed and properly secured the section of siding, which had not been installed correctly by the original builder.

Description of Work
I had a section of vinyl siding on my home that had become detached due to high winds.

11/03/2016

Percival M.

I needed some items addressed before I sold my home. Work was completed and done well. The only issue was trying to reach them to get a proper receipt that shows that the work was performed and paid. Receipt I was given still showed the total balance was still due despite also saying "paid" which confused the realtor of the person buying my home. No response from this service provider despite numerous messages sent via many channels (email, text, and Angie's list messages. Otherwise, The work was performed well.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous repairs on my to do list.

09/19/2016

Tom P.

Victor and his crew got it done and did a good job. I was a little high strung trying to get a house ready to hit the market. Victor's laid back approach had me concerned at first but that's just how he rolls. Very even tempered. He did all he said he would and more at no extra charge. I'll be contacting him again for the home inspector's punch list once I sell.

Description of Work
Deck Refurbish and Repair. Concrete Steps Repair

Category decks, handyman service, masonry

04/18/2016

Gloria W.

The work was done on time and the results were outstanding.

Description of Work
Repair work on deck,replaced damage trex floor panels and painted deck.

Category decks, flooring contractor, handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters

03/01/2016

Sean N.

Victor was awesome. He was very prompt, professional and courteous. There was an issue with the replacement sink but he straightened it out and installed the sink and a new disposal and I could not be happier. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install new kitchen sink and garbage disposal.

Category handyman service, plumbing

10/02/2015

doruk E.

We are very happy with the results

Description of Work
Paint and repair wood siding of the townhouse

Category handyman service, siding, house painters

09/28/2015

peter B.

dThe work involved carpentry, the replacement of a bath fan, and repair of some rotting wood on the frame of an exterior door frame. The general carpentry went well. The replacement of the bath fan went well. The repair of the rotten wood on the door frame was not satisfactory. The vendor responded quickly, with what he thought was a acceptable repair. The new owners thought otherwise. I opted to line up another individual for that repair as I was not sure a third attempt at the repair would be satisfactory. We were at the settlement table at that point. I did not make Ashburnhandyman aware of my actions as I was more concerned with making the new owner happy with the repair. I did not ask for any price adjustment, as I did not give Ashburnhandyman the opportunity to correct the work. I do not expect a price adjustment or any compensation. They handled my original request professionally, made a timely visit to the property and corrected all other items satisfactorily, in the time frame that I requested...less that one item. And yes, I would call them again.

Description of Work
A punch list which was the result of a professional Home Inspector

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

05/07/2015

Allen B.

It took two visits, the afternoon of one day and the morning of the next because the place that sold the good weather stripping was closed by the time he got to that part of the work. He had a plan to replace the threshold because he thought that it had been installed well when my home was built. Turns out the builder went cheap so he had an easier time of it than he thought. If I still lived out in the area, I would not hesitate to use his services again but I doubt that he will make house calls to the state where I live now

Description of Work
Replaced the threshold on my front door, replaced the weather strip between the door and the door frame and worked on getting the door to fit tighter.

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, doors

11/20/2014

Beverly Sue L.

We contacted the Ashburn Handyman Services for a small drywall repair after having a chandelier moved. When I called the person on the other end didn't seem interested in the job to begin with. They told us they would begin at 9:00 sharp. Not only did they not show up, they didn't call either. When I called to find out what happened I got the "my wife, she, my dog it routine." I'm not impressed.

Description of Work
They didn't show up nor did they call. My husband stayed home today. That's his time and cost. This was our first attempt with Angie's List - it will be the last.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting

11/14/2014

Charles H.

Work was performed timely and at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
I asked them to assemble and install an outdoor mailbox and sink the post in a concrete base.

Category handyman service, plumbing

11/12/2014

Haskell E.

It went very well. Price estimate was on the mark, but the work went 1 week longer....not a big deal. Very professional and tidy. I was really pleased.

Description of Work
Laid a new hardwood floor in our condo; remodeled bathroom; ripped out a wall and remodeled kitchen.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling

11/08/2014

Karla K.

Nick and his father are good people. The pros: they are knowledgeable, kind, and hard working. They do things the RIGHT way. The one con: they charge $125 per hour. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Description of Work
Fixed gate door, repaired brick wall, fixed bathroom fan, removed a dead tree, fixed sliding glass doors that were off track, fixed a storm door, fixed a hole in the attic

Category drywall, electrician, fencing, glass repair, handyman service, hauling services, masonry, doors

11/05/2014

Brenda L.

Handyman Review Date: 11/05/2014 Was Work Done?: YES Hire Again?: YES App. Cost: $409 Description of Work: Fixed the rotten door frame and touch-up painting. Member Comments: I purchased JW Home Improvement's Big-Deal from Angie's list ($199 for 4-hour labor). The company contacted me right away and arranged an appointment for estimate (free with Big Deal). The estimate was 6-8 hours, which was longer than I expected (The similar jobs were usually done in 4-5 hours from my past experience). After 4 hours, the labor would be charged at the regular rate of $106/hr. However I was promised the final cost was be charge by actual hours. The contractor did a good job fixing the door frame and it's completed in 5 hours. However I was unhappy that it took him an hour and half to shop for the materials in a Lowes store just 10 minutes away (included in labor hours). Next day Ed called to follow up the work and I complained about the shopping time too long. He kindly refunded me half an hour labor charge, then I was totally satisfied. I have no doubt to give JW Home Improvement FIVE STARS for their service and will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Fixed the rotten door frame.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

10/21/2014

Alan L.

The owner's father actually came out initially and added supports under deck between rafters to tighten up the moderately loose deck railing on one side of the house we were selling. The repair worked well and the railing tightened up nicely. Then he installed three short railings on the backyard tree house but there were some issues with the quality of that work. I called the current owner (the son of the repairman who first came out) and he was very concerned about making sure I was happy with the end product. He came out twice and re-did one side railing as well as added a 2X4 support to mount the railing brackets on the other side and hide the exposed screws that were and issue with the first installation. So Nick saved the day and restored my faith in his company. I will definitely have them come bid on future projects!

Description of Work
Tightened up back deck railings and installed additional slatted railings on tree house landing.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, roofing

10/20/2014

Steve M.

Russell found the drain pipe in disrepair and fixed that before the installation. He hauled the enclosure pieces up two flights of steps--heavy stuff in order to do the installation work. He gave me tips on how to buy kitchen cabinets and counters at wholesale prices for future kitchen rehab. He was personable throughout and never stopped working even for lunch.

Description of Work
Removed an old ceramic tile shower stall and Installed a new plastic enclosure with sliding glass doors and two ceiling light/fans

Category ceramic tile, electrician, glass repair, handyman service, hauling services, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, doors

10/13/2014

Abbie G.

They were professional and got the work done quickly and didn't try to over charge us. We had a flood in our basement and were really impressed by how quickly they were able to get the job done. They were the second quote we got for fixing the damage and were much more trustworthy. I felt that they were honest and fair, compared to the other company who were clearly trying to squeeze every last penny out of the job.

Description of Work
Fixed baseboards, carpet, and drywall. Placed tile in bathroom and fitted new vanity.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, handyman service, woodworking

09/11/2014

Carla G.

We were disappointed and annoyed they couldn't even be bothered to call and give a heads up that they weren't coming. We wasted 2 evenings waiting.

Description of Work
I called them and spoke to Nick. I mad an appoint for their company to come and give us an estimate on a deck replacement. The estimator was to come to our home on 9/9. We waited but the estimator never showed and did not call. I left a message the next day and Nick called me back. He said apologized but said that their business day ended at 4pm. He said that if the estimator had shown up, it would have been an accommodation. I guess that means that an appoint is not an obligation. He told us that the estimator would come on 9/11 at 6pm. The estimator was again a no show/no call. I think they should hire a new estimator.

Category decks, handyman service

We here at Ashburnhandyman do our best to accommodate customers outside our business hours. The reference to the first free estimate on 9/9 was missed by our estimator and there should have been a call made to the homeowner letting them know what was going on. I called [Member name removed] back after receiving a voicemail left by her and addressed the issue at hand. I then scheduled an appointment for 9/12 after 6pm which in turn was confused by the homeowner. We do apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused.

09/09/2014

Steven T.

I drove home to meet the contractor and showed him the various odds & ends I needed to have done. He spent an 30-40 mins writing things down and said he'd email a quote. I never heard back from him & it was a complete waste of time.

Description of Work
Contractor was to power wash, hang blinds, fix a pane of glass & do some painting.

Category glass repair, handyman service, pressure washing

07/21/2014

kevin E.

They completed the work in a timely fashion. They were professional., and everything was perfect from start to finish.

Description of Work
Provided handyman service.

07/18/2014

Jennifer L.

We had a great experience with Ashburn Handyman. Victor was incredibly responsive when I called for an estimate. His quote and amount of time it would take to complete the work (3 days) was spot-on. He arrived the first day to go over the projects with his team, Juan and Jackson. There was some confusion over who was to supply the paint, but Victor was nice enough to run out and purchase it, simply adding it to the total bill. Juan and Jackson were incredibly hard workers, and their end product was fantastic. It's been one month and we are fairly certain both leaks were fixed completely. The drywall and paint work looks great, and our indoor staircase is much sturdier. We couldn't be happier with our decision to use Ashburn Handyman, and plan to have them back to paint our living room soon.

Description of Work
Fixed drywall and painted bedroom, reinforced stairs, fixed leak in basement, fixed leak in ceiling, new attic hatch, new interior door, fixed lock on door to garage.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, doors

07/16/2014

senthilkumar S.

They were able to give an estimate. They tried to call me and fix up an appointment also.

Description of Work
I contacted them but I didn't move forward. It was for the roof peak.

07/14/2014

Brandon M.

Never returned calls / emails. I had to call him / email them 4 times before I got a response.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category small appliance repair

06/24/2014

Jacqueline C.

It was difficult reaching Victor, but he is a nice man and offers a reasonable service. Unfortunately, he did not closely supervise his crew and they started work in the wrong room inside the house. The finished job (inside and out) was mediocre, and the front yard was an absolute mess (paint, screws, wrappers, plants which had been stepped on). The screw covers were not placed on one shutter when the job was "finished", and it took over 6 weeks for them to come back and finish the job and pick up their final payment. I should have read the reviews on Angie's List before hiring them.

Description of Work
Repair and replace wood rot on front windows, shutters, and doors. Repaired water-damage inside master bedroom window.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, doors

Closet America

Closet America is a privately owned and locally operated manufacturer and installer of custom home organization systems for closets, home offices, pantries, media centers, and garages. By raising the standards for quality and customer service, Closet America has steadily grown into one of the premier names in the professional organizing systems industry. We have been consistently awarded the prestigious GuildMaster Award for exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

Manor Works Ventures Inc., DBA Manor Works Painting

We are open for business during Covid-19. We are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and our teams. We are practicing social distancing and wearing masks and sanitizing areas. Exterior estimates can be done with out contact. Founded in 1998, Manor Works specializes in serving the needs of residential homeowners. Having completed over 10,000 painting projects since our inception, we have built systems and processes to ensure our projects are of consistently high quality, and just as importantly, they run smoothly. Part of this is by not employing day laborers or subcontractors. All of our painters and carpenters are full-time, year round employees. Our stable and highly trained workforce allows us to control quality. When paired with our other benefits like the longest Warranties available, highly detailed proposals, online scheduling systems, and more Cost is determined by job. No travel charges. Phone numbers (703) 339-6800. Additional e-mail - VictorT@manorworks.com . Award winning. Additional DBA - Mark Osborne Enterprises.

Offers by Manor Works Ventures Inc., DBA Manor Works Painting on Angi
    Solution Painting Inc

Super Service Award winner from 2007-2021! We are a professional painting contractor and home improvement serving Virginia, DC and the surrounding areas. Our company has been the leading painting service provider for the community for more than 20 years. Additional email - office@solutionpaintingva.com. People have learned to associate our name with professionalism and high quality services, and we never disappoint. That is what makes us the preferable choice when it comes to painting companies in the area. We’re a fully licensed, insured and bonded. Count on us for all your painting needs. - Lead Safe "EPA" National Certified Firm Nº: NAT-F109541-1. - BBB Accredited Business. "SOLUTION PAINTING DOES NOT SUBCONTRACT AT ALL"

Offers by Solution Painting Inc on Angi

General Handyman projects, decks, finish basements, kitchen, carpentry, drywall, deck and fence maintenance, window and door repair, painting, shelving and closets, cabinet, storage and organization, insulation, garage remodel, punch out work, hardware, fixtures, home safety, electric and plumbing, ceramic tile, flooring and hardwood flooring, gutter repair, lighting, pressure washing, roofing, kitchens, baths, patios

Ask for details.