Apex Contractors LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since April 2011

155 Roberts Rd

Summerville, SC 29483

New Home Construction and Remodeling . Located in Summerville SC, we service the greater Charleston area. We specialize in ICF construction. We do foundations to roofing and everything in between.

12/07/2020

Danielle L.

Paul and his crew are very professional, very thorough and do an outstanding job! They were very trustworthy, punctual, cleaned the work site very day, and were very quick to resolve any concerns that I had. They contacted me immediately if there was a question, and the quality of their work met even my high standards. I actually wish I had more projects that they could do because I have been completely happy with everything they've done. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Description of Work
Create 1/2 bath, remodel master, build detached garage

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, garage builders, marble & granite, home remodeling

05/17/2018

Chris C.

I called and tried to schedule multiple appointments but they never were able to commit to anything and never showed up.

Description of Work
Remideling

Category remodeling

08/10/2017

Donna B.

Once the permit was approved workers were out and working hard and doing a great job. They were very professional and very meticulous about what they did. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
I had a front porch added to my house.

Category home builders

04/19/2017

Katherine A.

It went well. They seemed to work quickly and the problems that came up were addressed and solved.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen enlarged and completely redone. This included new cabinets, flooring and countertops.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

02/03/2017

John U.

There was no job. Had to choose rating to complete survey,

Description of Work
Never contacted this builder. Don't know why Angie's List keeps requesting a review.

01/06/2017

Corey R.

Apex Contractors did an outstanding job on our new home. The interior was completely redesigned. The exterior was updated with a large front porch. We also added a 1/2 bath, master bath, and master bedroom. Paul and crew were always professional. Apex worked very hard to keep this project within our time frame and budget. We would recommend Apex to anyone looking to update their home! Pictures coming soon

Description of Work
Full home remodel/renovation and master bedroom addition

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, marble & granite, home remodeling

11/09/2016

Hong P.

Set up an appointment with Mr. Paul Kunitsa to do an estimate on a remodeling project. He called the night before to cancel because he had to be elsewhere. I then contacted him on two occasions to try to set up a new appointment, and he never responded. It is fair to say he has been extremely irresponsive and unprofessional in dealing with a potential customer.

Description of Work
Remodeling

09/10/2016

Corey R.

Apex did an amazing job on our master bath! We cannot believe how it has transformed! Paul and his crew were always on time, and the job was completed within our timeframe. We plan to use Apex for all of our future projects.

Description of Work
Master Bath Renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing

07/18/2016

David L.

It didn't. I called, the gentleman who answered was very abrupt asked if he could call me back shortly and of course I said yes. That was last week, I'm still waiting. Of course if he calls it's a missed opportunity for him. I do not hire unreliable people.

Description of Work
Remove move shower pan and replace with tile. Remove shower door, build narrow half wall by shower.

Category ceramic tile, drywall

05/19/2016

Dorothy or Ed W.

Never showed for appointment to give estimate. Don't waste your time. He did mine.

Description of Work
Never showed for appointment to give estimate.

Category remodeling

04/28/2016

Frank S.

Paul and his crew did an excellent job. Paul estimated three to four weeks and completed job in 23 days. Whole crew was polite and personable and threw in a little humor now and then. Paul gave us some good advice to maximize cabinet space and managed to save us a couple of bucks along the way. Very pleased with Paul's personal touch and the results are outstanding.

Description of Work
Removed wall and cabinets separating kitchen from living room. Installed new cabinets and wall to support new granite counter tops and bar. removed old paneling and replaced with dry wall, Installed island exhaust vent over new gas range.

Category countertops, drywall, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/03/2016

Patrick F.

Per the insurance company I was required to get three bids for water damage to my home. I joined Angie's List for this purpose and I chose a provider with a higher rating thinking I would be dealing with professionals. I chose two more contractors off of Angie's List as well. I called Apex on February 17th, 2016 to inquire if they were interested in the project, they said yes and we made arrangements to come out the same day, thought wow, this is going to be a great partnership. The problems came when I didn't receive a quote after a week, not one voicemail I left asking to please call me was returned. I did manage to catch him on the phone several times and he would tell me he would get the bid to me. This went on on four occasions where I was told by Apex I would get the bid. In the end, never received a bid, not a phone call saying they were not interested. The last call, I reached out once again and was told, if you don't have my bid by the 30th, you'll probably have to write me off I wouldn't want others that subscribe to Angie's List or my friends to go through weeks of expectation only to be blown off by the contractor. The right thing to do would have been just be upfront about your intentions!

Description of Work
Came out to my home to provide an estimate for an insurance claim for water damage in my home

01/12/2016

Esther W.

They were very friendly and flexible, went out of thier way to make sure everything was how we wanted it. I appreciate that they were respectful of our budget and helped us stay within that.

Description of Work
Major bathroom remodel, upgrade

01/07/2016

Deborah S.

Paul and his people showed up exactly on time. They ripped out my old tile floor that was set in concrete that no one else wanted to do and installed the new floor and floor molding all in one day. All I can say is amazing! It is so hard to get people to even call you back much less actually show up and perform the work as promised. I cannot say enough good things about him and his crew. They were neat and professional and the work they did is beautiful.

Description of Work
replace a bathroom tile floor

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

12/30/2015

Elizabeth K.

Paul and his team were accommodating with the scheduling of the work (they worked around Christmas). I was surprised that it only took 3.5 days to do everything - there were between 2 and 4 guys here working during that time. They were good about covering the kitchen and bathroom counters (I just had granite put in before they came to do their work) and covered the floors to try to minimize the amount of dirt - there was still a lot of clean up that I needed to do once they left as is to be expected with a home project like this. They were good about asking me when there was a decision that needed to be made - which was preferred over them making assumptions. Paul even ran to the store to pick up more tile for me because I didn't get enough. The only downside was there were a few times that I needed to call / email them and I had to reach out again because I didn't get a response. I would recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
backsplash installed in kitchen; removed bathroom tile floor, installed new tile; removed tub/shower, installed tile for new shower

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

11/15/2015

Everett W.

Paul did a fantastic job !! He completed the work in a very professional and timely manner. I would highly recommend Apex to any of my friends or family.

Description of Work
Paul converted my tub/shower unit into a tile shower.

10/16/2015

John L.

Paul remodeled our master bathroom and he did and excellent job. Very proffessional and punctual. I am very satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
Remodel a bathroom.

10/13/2015

Greg M.

He showed up the same day I called. We wanted an estimate to replace and enlarge the shower in our master bath. He gave us some ideas and a rough estimate. We had no idea that this repair would be so costly. His estimate was 6 to $7,000 to tear out the old shower and make it about a foot wider. Then install tile and all the necessary plumbing fixtures, glass wall and door. Since we had no idea if this was a good price or not we got a second estimate and it was about the same. At this time we have not had any work done. He seemed to know his trade and offered different options. I would consider him to do the work.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate for repair

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling

07/24/2015

Richard H.

APEX Contractors provided us with a complete written bid and scope of work to pick up where the "original store" left off in the middle of the job. APEX Contractors provided us with a new bid that included them to provide all mastic, replacement of cement backer-board where needed. Bid included removing small remainder of old floor tile, quarter-round and leveled out the floor. This bid also included all labor needed to complete the job from where it had previously been left by the "original contract store". HOMEOWNERS SUPPLIED NEW TILE AND TILE PATTERN, GROUT, QUARTER-ROUND and WOODEN THRESHOLDS. The APEX Contractors provided all labor, nails and nail guns, mastic, and manpower to remove the small amount of old tile left remaining, manpower to move the appliances as needed and did a WONDERFUL JOB on the entire new floor. APEX laid all the new tile, in a BEAUTIFUL DESIGN, grouted all areas, installed the new quarter-round, thresholds and base-boards as required. APEX Contractor replaced all appliances. Homeowners are COMPLETELY HAPPY with the finale results, thanks to the great job performed by the APEX Contractor men who performed the job! APEX Contractor provided the bid on Tuesday afternoon, 21 July and started the work on Wednesday morning 22 July 2015 and worked all through the days needed, secured the job site each night, cleaning up each night and on the last day performed a complete cleaning of the entire floor and had a COMPLETELY THOROUGH walk-through with the homeowners on Friday mid-day, staying with the job until completely finishing the job mid-day Friday 24 July 2015. They did not asked for any payment until the job was completely done and inspected and approved by the homeowners.

Description of Work
Provided new bid and written scope of work for Ceramic Tile replacement of our kitchen floor after a "store that provides ceramic tile, mastic, cement board, grout, manpower to do the job and move appliances and old quarter-round" STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORK WHEN THEY INFORMED US THEY DO NOT PERFORM ANY WORK ON OLD CEMENT BACKER- BOARD OR SUB-FLOORINGS. " LEAVING US WITH A TORN UP KITCHEN FLOOR AND A LOT OF SUPPLIES WE HAD NO WAY TO RETURN TO THE STORE BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL CONTRACTOR HAD BROUGHT WITH THEM". The original store agreed to pick up all materials that they had provided and did that early the next week, crediting us with the return of all pre-paid materials and labor costs.

07/21/2015

Aaron S.

Paul and everyone on his team are very professional, personable, and courteous. They were very responsive regarding all of our questions. They completed the job in less than a day and did great work! We are particular people and they fixed anything we didn't quite like without quibble and didn't make us feel as if we were putting them out. They made it priority to correct the issue and we are very appreciative of their understanding and professionalism. They arrived early each time they came to the house, which we very much appreciate with having kids. They were engaging of the kids and it was obvious they are family men as well. The backsplash looks awesome and we are very happy with Apex and their work. We highly recommend them for your next home renovation needs.

Description of Work
Installed 50 sq feet of kitchen backsplash - subway tile

05/31/2015

Julie F.

Paul and Nick worked hard to complete job within scope of time, which they did. They did a great job, are trustworthy and I plan to invite them back for next bath remodel for a quote.

Description of Work
A complete bathroom remodel. Removed shower/tub, drywall, toilet, vanity, floor tile and lighting/fan. Installed complete surround slate shower unit with knee wall, new plumibing with 2 shower heads, new toilet, vanity, light and fan. Laid ceramic floor tile.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

04/12/2015

BARBARA M.

HE DID EXACTLY WHAT WAS NEEDED AND COMPLETED THE INSTALLATION WHILE HE WAS THERE!

Description of Work
RESPONDED TO MY PHONE CALL THE SAME DAY ENROUTE FROM ONE JOB TO ANOTHER. HE TOOK THE TIME AND PROVIDED THE EXPERTISE TO DISCUSS THE PROS AND CONS OF PLACEMENT OF A 2ND SAFETY BAR IN THE MASTER BATH SHOWER STALL. HE BUILT THE SHOWER STALL LAST YEAR WHEN HE RENOVATED THE BATHROOM FOR US..

04/05/2015

Jim G.

Called to get an estimate; owner(Paul)came out to do estimate and said he would send us one by Friday. We never got one plus we attempted to reach him.

Description of Work
nothing

03/26/2015

Cristina L.

paul and his team were extremely professional and worked quickly to meet our deadline. I cannot thank them enough for the wonderful work they did!

Category flooring contractor

01/31/2015

Kaye Z.

Paul and his crew are outstanding! Seriously, I cannot sing their praises high enough. I originally contacted Paul for a fairly small job after reading other Angie's List reviews about his courteous nature and professionalism. The other reviews were spot on. Paul has been a dream to work with on both projects and neither were uncomplicated. He is never ruffled by our questions, requests, or changes...and we changed several design aspects to the bathroom during construction. When I apologized to one of his crew for the extra work, he told me it was "not a problem; you're paying us for what you want and you should have it." Our bathroom is totally transformed from late 80s blah to 21st century contemporary. Apex took the bathroom down to the studs and concrete floor and then built a new walk-in shower with built-in marble corner seat and tile floor that matched the larger bathroom floor. They tiled every square inch of wall space in the bathroom, installed new vanity/toilet/towel bars, moved electrical & added additional lighting, added an architectural beam surrounded in very small stone tiles to hold dramatic lighting, and carved an almost 3' long lighted niche into the wall as our main design feature. Paul & his crew tidied up at the end of every day, so we didn't feel like we were living in a messy environment. We're so pleased with the level of work we received that we hope to use Apex for an even bigger upstairs bedroom+bath remodel we want to undertake later this year. Paul's price, while not the cheapest bid, was very fair, and for the pleasant demeanor and can-do attitude he and his crew brought to our home each day, the price was worth it!

Description of Work
We have hired Apex Contractors (Paul & his 3-man crew) for 2 different jobs. In autumn of 2014, he created an unusual living room travertine tile wall & a separate travertine fireplace surround for us. We were so thrilled by the quality of both his work & his professionalism that we arranged for him to come back in January, 2015, to gut and rebuild a guest bathroom in our house.