David Green Construction LLC

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2009

ORCCB 158278

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

161 NW Adams Ave

Hillsboro, OR 97124

For over 42 years, David Green Construction has provided the Portland Oregon metro area and surrounding counties with high quality home remodeling and home construction services. We have constructed over 300 homes in Washington County alone and have extensive experience in commercial development, construction and home remodeling. We guarantee fair pricing on all home remodeling and construction services. Whether you’ve been thinking of finishing your kitchen, adding an extra room or completely re-building your home, the team at David Green Construction can help. We specialize in custom home remodeling services and custom home construction. We offer full service kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, room additions, and much more. All of our jobs are finished promptly and professionally, and we guarantee all of our work. The home that you’ve always wanted is within reach. Contact us at 503-201-5837 today to discuss plans for your new home. ***No insurance work or small jobs.***...

home builder (27)home remodeling (25)roofing (10)countertop installation (8)woodworking (7)window replacement (7)drywall (7)plumbers (6)electrician (6)concrete repair (6)tile installation (6)interior painting (5)

06/13/2021

Markus K.

David and his team did an outstanding job in completing our indoor pool addition project. Although the schedule was impacted by covid issues, David persevered and we ended up with a beautiful pool house that exceeds our expectations. He is experienced in all aspects of home construction, including design and planning, and we ended changing our addition plans based on his experienced inputs. David is a clear communicator and open to listening to our change requests, clearly stating the pros and cons but always following through with the homeowners expectations. He is focused on quality and not in taking shortcuts and it is clear that he and his team take pride in their work. We would not hesitate to recommend him and his team for any homebuilding project, including a complex one like an indoor pool.

Description of Work
Indoor pool addition

Category home builders

Work Completed On 05/01/2021

Review for David Green Construction LLC - 161 NW Adams Ave, Hillsboro, OR - 39368359

06/07/2021

Mark L.

Excellent job, all contractors took pride in their work, and worked professionally. David Greene worked with us to create a complete finished daylight basement, creating two additional bedrooms, bathroom, laundry room, and large family room within our budget. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Remodel Daylight Basement

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

02/09/2019

Bill A.

He did a great job. They were very efficient and got the job done timely. It was reasonable priced compared to the other bids we got. I would recommend him. He's a great guy and own a great company.

Description of Work
He completely built a brand new house, six car garage, took a 4 SQK house and remodeled it for me.

Category home builders

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

02/09/2019

John C.

My experience was awesome. The workers who actually do the work is a ten. They;re every efficient and respectful of us and our other living space. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They built an upstairs on the top of my home.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

10/18/2018

kevin O.

Everything went great. He is a great guy to work with.

Description of Work
They fully renovated the inside of my house.

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

10/17/2018

doug A.

I will always praise David Green and cannot say enough about him. He took extra steps to get everything done. Even though we had to pay extra out-of-pocket money to get the work finished, his work was beyond satisfactory. He had the manpower to get and get the work done efficiently. The cost was very affordable. He is very polite, cordial, dependable. and rises above all other contractors. Communication is top notch, and he was always stopping by to make sure everything was going smoothly. I feel very fortunate that I pulled his name out of all the options out there. Everything was handcrafted and masterfully done. We love our new living space!

Description of Work
My wife and I had hired a contractor that ended up being a bad experience. I came across David Green Construction online and checked him out, called the state board and found that he had no complaints. They said that he was a master builder and there are only a few master builders in the state. We had 3 different contractors come out and I felt that there was just something about him that told me to hire him. He did a complete remodel and an addition on top of our home, all interior painting and exterior painting, installed new hardwood in the new addition. It took him about a month at the most to get everything done.

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

01/25/2017

Sandra T.

David Green built us a beautiful home and matching pump house. Suggestions he offered to our custom plan made our home even more beautiful than we had hoped for. There were a few glitches along the way, but every time David made sure they were resolved to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Built a new custom home with plans we provided. We then contracted him to build a matching pump house.

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

09/13/2016

Tina B.

My bathroom floor is sagging because there was not enough support put in to accommodate the weight of a tub and tiled shower. The grout is cracking and coming out between the floor tiles. There is one support beam down the center of the bathroom and now (1 year later) the floor slopes away on either side. After repeated attempts to get him out to fix it, he has refused. Now I have a bathroom with a tub that is unusable for fear of falling through the floor. In addition, the quote stated that one room was to have French doors to the outside. His response was "Oh, I didn't see that". Well since he wrote the quote I find it hard to believe. Now he says it will cost too much to replace and again he won't do the work needed to do the job correctly. For the garage remodel, he used a center beam that was too thick and then when the garage door would only open half way asked if that was going to work for us because he didn't know how to fix it. No, that will not work for us, so he ended up take a notch out of the support beam for the roof. In the contract it stated that we wanted a garage door opener and he bid 800.00 for it. We never received that either and now we can barely lift the 20' door. Dave was very confrontational and cheap on quality. He couldn't understand why we wanted such a nice house and high end fixtures. He was rude and unprofessional. I do not recommend anyone use him if you are looking for a quality contractor. We now have to spend over $5,000 to fix a mistake that could have easily been dealt with when all the floors where ripped up during the remodel. Thanks Dave for ruining my bathroom and costing me extra time and money.

Description of Work
Home and Garage remodel.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/13/2016

I am sorry for the hard feelings this client has. I will address each item one at a time. 1. The job was not $160,000. It was $90,000. 2. I did not work on the underfloor. When you take a car in and they rebuild the motor but the rear end falls out 500 miles later its not the mechanics fault. I did not open the floor to the home. 3. I did make a mistake on the sliding glass door/french door. I was not trying to cheap out. I wrote something on the bid and visualized something else on the job. 4. When the floor failure and door was brought to my attention, I agreed to repair the floor in trade for not having to replace the door. 5. I answer my phone! I do not care who it is I answer. I answered her call and agreed to send a crew out to the home. I did and the client was not there. I called the husband and left a message. He did not return my call. I do not know what happened. I went when I said I would. 6. This work was completed 12/4/14. I truly wish this could have worked out. I did try. Its very expensive to send a crew and not be able to work. dg

08/10/2016

Vitaliy K.

David Green Construction have been a great contractor to work with. This is our first home construction . We knew we were in good hands from day one. Any questions or concerns that we had were answered or resolved within 24-48 hours and if they weren't able to be answered or resolved during that time frame they ensured we knew they were working on the answer. They were all very good at their work and successfully guided us through all different aspects of home building. Absolutely first class site workmanship.The home quality is great. Very were happy with the process from start to finish with David Green Construction and highly recommend them .

Description of Work
Build new house

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

11/17/2015

Judith G.

David was a man of his word. His team did excellent work. He let me know of all problems with supplier (don't ever use George Morlan for supplies; they screw up and delay orders). He stuck to his word by always keeping one bathroom functional even if this wasn't in the contract. Yes, he's a bit gruff. But he delivers quality work. This is 2nd time I've used him.

Description of Work
Enlarge house and remodel 2 bathrooms

Work Completed On 06/12/2015

11/04/2015

Allison V.

I called Mr. Green to schedule a time to go over a scope of work and estimate for the cost to repair my home post flood - a moderate sized job. He asked if it was "an insurance job", which I guess technically it is, and I responded as such, and he declined the job stating it to be "too much hassle". I explained that we already have payment from the insurance company, its my project to manage and pay for now, and he said its "still too much trouble". I know he reads these, I can see the responses below, and it might be nice to feel as though you can pick and choose who is interested in your services, or where the call might lead, for I own not only one flooded home, but manage over 3 dozen commercial properties full of office, retail, tenant improvement needs, multi unit rentals, apartment buildings, all of which seemingly have unending needs for contractors. We have needs ALL of the time not covered by a check already paid out by insurance, and I can ensure Mr. Green, none of those contracts will ever go to him.... Id hate to be "too much trouble".

Description of Work
Nothing.

Work Completed On 11/04/2015

Why is it necessary to write a negitive review about me when I am not interested in doing this type of work??? I prefer to build new homes and do additions.I also do commercial work. I will not do flood work or insurance work.Why does Angies list allow such posts???? I also do not do yard work or change oil. But saying you do not do these things is not acceptable???? Please check my referencs of people I have done work for or call me directly so I can get you a ton of refferences. Amazing

08/31/2015

gail M.

First of all, He answered the phone with just a "Hey", nothing letting me know I called a business or person I was trying to reach. He asked what I wanted. I gave him a brief description of a general contractor job we were looking for. All he cared to know was how many bids I was getting. This is my first call and I told him I wasn't sure, as it's short notice and getting anyone to bid, was hard to find. He said this call is over and I'm out, because I didn't say I was getting 3 bids or less. He was very unprofessional and and gruff. Do not recommend!

Description of Work
He answered the phone when I called to ask questions.

Work Completed On 08/31/2015

I do not remember this call but I answer all calls with the same response "Hello". This is acceptable as far as I know. I did not say hey. I could do bids 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. I make an effort to qualify a lead before going on site. It saves me a lot of money and time. Some leads are only concerned about one thing "cost". While cost is important, quality is important as well and maybe more so. I will not bid a project where a client is asking for more than 3 bids. I will also not bid a project where the client does not own the project. I also will not do insurance projects (unless there are certain conditions). I also require both husband and wife to be onsite when I come. I have never won a bid when any of these conditions are not met or occur. Bids are very time consuming. I am happy to do a free bid as long as there is a reasonable chance of me winning the bid. I am available to everyone. My phone is on me at all times. The only time I am not available is when I am meeting with a client. Please forgive me if I have put you off in any way. I was probably thinking about or working on a project at a critical spot.

08/04/2015

Lauren D.

David Green Construction replied to my e-mail the next day stating they could not help me, they are too busy.

Description of Work
I e-mailed David Green Construction to inquire about an estimate on a rear patio.

03/12/2015

Susan W.

Hired this contractor based on Angie's List reviews. Perhaps if you are building a standard structure, you won't have problems. I spent months with a surveyor, an architect and structural engineer to get precisely what I wanted. David started by having the foundation poured on one level instead of the increments spec'd. Then the framing was done for 8 ft walls instead of 9 ft as spec'd. The electrical work was the worst - the sub didn't seem to look at the plans at all and much of the work had to be redone. I finally had to give up on getting all the switches and outlets placed as they should have been. Plumbing was adequate although David's excuses for piping that was clearly incorrect were unbelievable. The tile work is barely average; some of the tiles are damaged. I had to be the project manager throughout, checking almost daily for problems. David constantly argued with me about how the architect's plans "wouldn't work" and proceeded to instruct the subs to diverge from the plans. David's communication skills were negligible. We rarely had warnings when water or electricity would be off, or when work would or wouldn't be done. The order of work also caused problems. One sub would put in something and the next sub would mess it up. I'm still trying to remove clay that was ground into the bathroom floor grout and unknown substances from countertops. I provided pictures for several items I wanted so I expected those things to be used (e.g. LED strips, specific wall switches): those were ignored. Again, David had excuses. My daughter and I both have had experience working with commercial building and contractors both residential and commercial, so we were not inexperienced. The excuses were insulting to both of us. I never received a detailed accounting of the plumbing work/items ordered. David said he never gets a detailed list from the sub, he just paid what the sub asked! I found this astounding. I did make an accounting error in my building account so one of the last payment checks was rejected by both our banks. I felt that David's level of anger over this was uncalled for. He hadn't even finished the job at this point yet threatened to put a lien on the house, upsetting the rest of my family unnecessarily. I could not recommend this company, particularly if you want anything out of the ordinary.

Description of Work
Addition to house, using detailed architectural plans and specifications.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/26/2015

I will respond to these items 1 at a time. The home is built as per plans. When doing electrical my company requires the future homeowner to do a "walkthrough" with the electrican. This was done to her specifications. She lived on site so she was always checking items. Plumbing: She asked the Architect for a drain to be installed into the utility floor. Great idea. She asked for linoleum flooring. For a drain to properly do its function say when a washer overflows the floor has to be sloped towards the drain. No problem for a slab on grade. No problem for a mudset tile floor. Wood floor with linoleum its not really possible. Thats what we had. I notified the client in writing when the power was to be turned off. All jobs have issues. How you handle the issues defines you as a contractor. I know that myself and my team gave 200% to satisfy this client. the problem arose when she issued me a $50,000 check for the final contract amount. No problems arose during construction. There were still contract overages in the job. We had done 2 final punch lists on the project and had obtained the Certificate of Completion from the county 3 weeks earlier. By contract the money was due. The check she issued was returned. I understand book keeping errors. I do not understand the following though. It took 3 weeks to get 2/3rds of it replaced. Not all of it. I issued checks on her check. It caused me a lot of problems. Problems I will be dealing with for years to come. A subcontractor got nervous because of the situation and filed a lien. Liens are an item of public record. It shows paid but its still there to be questioned for many years. To compound the issue she would not take my calls. She would not answer emails or the door if I went to the site. For lack of communication I felt I did not have a choice in my decision to threaten the use of the legal system. Her son in law intervened and saved the day. We sat down and finally settled up. She was a difficult client. There is no way to make this situation sound good. I asked the client to take down her comment so I would not have to comment about her in public. I try to be a gentleman in all situations. This one may have been the toughest one ever though. Not getting paid would have been better than the situation I had to deal with. Please understand my reputation is important and I work very hard at it. Paying my bills is also very important.

09/16/2014

Levi T.

From start to finish David and his crew did an outstanding job. My wife and I couldn't be more pleased with the end result. I only wish Angie's List offered the option of giving A++. The quality and craftsmanship was so far beyond anything we could have hoped for. Pictures coming soon.

Description of Work
Home construction

Category remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 01/01/2014

08/07/2014

Pam M.

I called David this morning and was in need of a contractor to do some work on my home. He apologized and said that he would not be able to have it completed when I needed because he was working on several big projects at the moment. He was kind enough to refer me to a couple of people who may be able to help me out. Thank you David for the referrals. I really appreciate it.

Work Completed On 08/07/2014

06/17/2014

Joseph K.

David and his contractors were professionals and skilled craftsmen who did a wonderful and proficient job with the addition, new deck as well as siding and roofing. Everything was completed in a timely manner with top quality. Even the county permit inspectors were impressed by the quality of the work! Very reasonable pricing.

Description of Work
Room addition, siding, roofing and painting

Category remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

06/16/2014

mistee W.

I called David Green for an exterior addition to be used as a nursery for a baby we have on the way. I called him on a Wednesday and he called me back the next day. When he called me back he was quite rude. He said things like "if you get more then three bids, I will not quote this job for you because I will only have a 25% chance of getting the job" and "well, I doubt it will be done in 4 months, youre cutting it close, dont you think?" He also laughed at me in many instances. I thought, perhaps, this is just his personality. He asked me to email him and explained that he would email me back right away with a day that he would be able to come out and quote the room. I thanked him and sent out an email right away. I waited until early the next week , with still no reply before i called and left another voicemail stating that i had not recieved an email or a call (although he had told me he would have gotten back to me days before) and it was an urgent project. He finally called back and wassorude i cannot even fathum how he stays in business. He did not greet me on the phone. He just said "when can I talk to your husband" as to degrade me as a woman. Due to his terrible customer service, I would NEVER use this contractor! I will not be referring him to anyone!

Description of Work
Talked about bidding a room addition

Work Completed On 06/16/2014

03/28/2014

Toni H.

Called DGC for bid on several projects. Took a few attempts, but they came and looked and provided a bid. Unfortunately we decided to take a few things out and the job was then too small for DGC.

Description of Work
Bid for several projects

Work Completed On 03/11/2014

03/21/2014

David K.

He promised to provide a quick estimate on an addition and after a week I had to call and remind him. He didn't recognize my name when I called. To his credit, he did get me a bid later that day but it was the most expensive and has very little detail so it was obviously just a quick swag. He didn't ask any clarifying questions on finishes that would dramatically alter the price so it's no wonder he just threw out a big number.

Description of Work
David showed up on a Saturday to bid on a project and basically said he expected to get the job because he showed up on a Saturday. Those weren't his exact words, but that's how it came across.

Work Completed On 02/25/2014

One of the things that people forget or do not realize is when a contractor is meeting with a client both parties are interviewing. Do I want this job, Do I want to hire this guy. Bids take a long time. You have the initial driving to the bid and then sending out documentation to subs to get a price. An average bid probably consumes a total of 4 hours. We do these for free. We do these for the chance to possibly get a job. We used to hand deliver bids back to the client by hand. Now everyone expects to be emailed thier bid. A lot of personalization has been lost with emails. I was kidding [member name removed] when I said I expected to get the job. I do not expect anything. I estimated his project the first time and then he requested for me to bid it and he also gave me a 8.5 x11 document to do a bid off of with the instructions to match the finishes of his home. I did that. I actually did 1 estimate and 2 bids. So I probably have close to 8 hours in all on [member name removed]'s project. As far as little detail I do not give line item cost sheets out until I am awarded the project. I was willing to discuss or put into writing anything he wished. You can always find someone who will do it cheaper. With the info I had I put my best foot forward as always. It really makes me sad to give such a huge effort as I always do then have D's on a comment report. The thing that is saddest about it is that Angies list encourages comments on this. Not all angies list clients or contacts are going to want to make a deal with one another. I am also sorry [member name removed] could not see my efforts.

01/30/2014

john S.

We didn't use them; we used somebody else. He's been doing it a long time. He emailed us a bid. He was professional enough. He was on time.

Description of Work
We got a bid from David Green Construction to redo the bathroom.

Work Completed On 11/14/2012

11/26/2013

Joseph G.

David came out and gave us a detailed quote. He was willing to work around our demanding schedule. We had to change our plans for other reasons - but we really appreciated his professionalism, courtesy and honesty.

Description of Work
Plans for a kitchen remodel.

Work Completed On 11/25/2013