NRG Masters

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 1997

Since 1983, Northcoast Energy Masters has been providing Cleveland, Akron and all of northeast Ohio with top quality replacement windows, doors, insulation and vinyl siding. We have thousands of satisfied customers. Our pledge is to provide you with quality replacement windows, insulation, doors, vinyl siding, and sunrooms at the fairest price. We take the time to listen to your concerns and needs, and offer the best possible solution to fit your budget. This, in turn, builds our reputation by your repeat business and referral of your family and friends. As a member of pro, professional remodels of Ohio, North Coast Energy Masters is pledged to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business. We offer you the latest ideas from around the nation to serve you better. North Coast Energy Masters is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau and Angie's List. In fact, we are a 10+ year Angie's List super service award winner. We are a member of Contractors Network of America and PRO. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured. 10-20 employees. Uses AAMA installation masters installers. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Evenings & weekends by appt. Additional phones- 440-439-1850, 440-734-9250. Additional emails- sales@worldclasswindows.com. Additional web - www.worldclasswindows.com. Additional DBAs - Northcoast Energy Masters Inc, Sun Home Services Inc....

SoftLite Window

+8 more images

window replacement (160)door installation (59)siding companies (18)home energy audit (8)gutter repair (5)glass block (4)handyman (4)woodworking (3)roofing (3)patio enclosures (2)screen repair (2)lighting (2)

02/21/2022

Jamie F.

Fast and professional. Would hire again

Description of Work
Insulating basement

Category insulation, replacement windows

Work Completed On 02/22/2022

02/28/2020

KEN S.

Thinking I had an insulation issue because icicles were forming on on gutter, I got estimates from 3 companies. Ray Sabin, PM at NRG stated that my issue was the gutter not insulation. Ray is an honest vendor that will not sell you unnecessary services and products.

Description of Work
Estimate on ceiling insulation because was getting small icicles on one gutter

Work Completed On 02/28/2020

09/09/2019

NANCY G M.

We had Ray insulate and side our house in 2017. We were happy with the work. But around 6 months later, March of 2018, there was a windstorm. Pieces of siding came off, especially the aluminum trim but the roof. One piece was banging against the house. Ray came out once but it was raining so he couldn’t do anything. He kept promising to come to make repairs but never showed up. Then, in February of 2019 there was another wind storm and a very long pice of aluminum trim came down. I sent him an email but I never heard from him. I thought the siding would last longer. It seems that this company does not stand by it’s work. It’s too bad. I need new windows and had planned on hiring them to install them. I sure wouldn’t now-a strong wind and they might come crashing down!

Description of Work
Insulation and siding

Category insulation, siding

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

We sincerely apologize as we were assured by a former employee that this service was completed. We are sorry for the miscommunication and will be out the week of 10/14 to correct this issue.

08/07/2019

Kenneth L.

Windows were good and in stalled was fine ,then business was sold and new owner was not responsive to a problem that arose with one window. A part broke and the new owner came out and said he would order the part. He set up an appointment for two weeks ahead at 12:00. He never showed. I called the guy 3 different times and he did not return calls. I called the past owner who got the pats for me but, I had to hire a third party to do the repair . The third party is on vacation and will do the work when he returns. The windows cost $2700.00. I expected better service then this. This is an update to my august review. After the previous review I received call from the owners assistant , she wanted to help correct the previous problem I had concerning a repair. The owner wanted to come out and correct the problem He came out ,got the parts that he needed and repaired the window . Any problem we had in the past has been corrected.

Description of Work
new windows for front of house an rear.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

03/13/2019

Joy S.

Scheduled a time for them to come out and give me an estimate on new gutters. Never showed up or called.

Description of Work
Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair, insulation

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

I apologize for the delay in your quote. We were at your home and reviewed the scope of work, we just must have missed you. I have emailed you a quote for your project. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your consideration.

02/15/2019

Gerald C.

I contacted NRG masters as they're listed as an authorized insulation contractor through the DEO energy rebate program. They completed the job in one day and were very professional. I received quotes from several other contractors and NRG was a little lower and since the job was relatively straightforward, I went with them. Happy with the results. Nice job.

Description of Work
Attic and crawl space insulation

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

11/15/2018

John S.

They did the job in a timely manner and explained everything they were doing

Description of Work
I need work to be done up in the attic insulation

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

11/03/2018

Amy W.

Ray came out several days after I requested a quote and was great, said he would email me with a quote. Then I never heard back again from him, I tried calling and left a voicemail a week later and nothing. How inconsiderate!

Description of Work
Need roof vents added, baffles and insulation.

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

10/19/2018

Dennis S.

Project was done as expected. I recommend this firm for your insulation needs.

Description of Work
Foam insulation for the attic knee wall

Category insulation, energy audit

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

10/03/2018

Ron M.

Excellent. Great company and affordable prices.

Description of Work
Insulated garage

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

07/26/2018

Mary Y.

I participated in Dominion's Energy Efficiency Rebate program, which NRG Masters (dba Northcoast Energy Masters) is a participating contractor. Of the three quotes received, NRG Masters and one other contractor were competitively priced. However that other contractor do not spray foam gaps in basement. NRG Master crew arrived on time on scheduled date, they properly sealed the attic entrance so the cellulose does not blow throughout the house and to keep my pets from going upstairs. Wall insulation was performed outside, where they removed the siding, blew in cellulose into the wall and ,closed the opening and reinstalled the removed siding. They spray foamed rim joists all around the basement perimeter and a big gap where the kitchen bumped out, such that one of my cats tend to climb into and where she cannot be reached. They insulated it and closed it with dry wall so my cat can no longer go in. The crew cleaned up the work areas, They vacuum the attic, and cleaned up the basement area, though they missed some of the small spray foam drippings, which were easily removed on the concrete ground, which I believed to be not an issue. A week later I opened the attic storage area, some of the cellulose blew in. I had to followed up multiple times with e-mails and phone calls to get a return call and schedule a follow up to fix the problem. Ray said the cellulose blowing in is from the gable vent, which may have been overstuffed with cellulose. A month later, the crew came back to clean up the cellulose. Months later, I followed up with another energy audit from Dominion's program. I learned the home energy efficiency for my house improved from 2800 (before the insulation work) CFM50 (blow door test) to 2100 as proposed by NRG Master. I, also, followed up with Dominion regarding the status of my rebate, and I learned that Ray did not submit the paper work required for the rebate. I followed up with multiple calls and e-mails. At the same time Dominion representatives also reached out to him. A few weeks later, I learned that Dominion did speak with Ray and he submitted the necessary paper work, and a month later, I did get my rebate check. The slow responsiveness received from NRG Master may be attributed to their busy schedule, I had to wait about one month and half before they could perform the work at my house, so it is understandable that arising issues and filing paper work can fall to the side, though not acceptable from a customer perspective.

Description of Work
Attic and wall insulation; spray foam to seal gaps in the basement

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

08/16/2017

Marlene M.

Came out, looked over, appeared knowledgable. Said we would receive estimate in a few days. Even after follow up phone calls and e-mails from us we never heard from again. Waited over a month then moved on. We have no idea what happened?????

Description of Work
Needed insulation

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

05/10/2017

Larry W.

We were content with them. They did a good job. They did what they said they would do. That was fine. I don't think I have gotten that rebate. I haven't followed up with them. I thought it would happen automatically. They were competitive on their price. They were very responsive. They came out when they said they would. They were punctual, and they did what they said they would do, in the time they said they would. There were three workers. The workers were fine.

Description of Work
They put insulation in the attic.

Work Completed On 12/21/2016

04/18/2017

robert T.

The company was very responsive initially, coming out to do an estimate and everything quickly. Ray seemed to be very competent and knowledgable about going through Dominion's energy rebate program. Workers showed up and completed the work timely. That was the last positive experience. NRG failed to submit my rebate paperwork, causing me to nearly lose my rebate. When I called/emailed Ray and the company to inquire, Ray failed to respond to any emails I sent. The person in the office assured me the paperwork was sent in (it wasn't). They didn't complete the paperwork properly, so Dominion attempted to reach NRG multiple times, but never received any follow up, causing me to lose some money on my rebate. NRG also had a man come and check out my roof, who told me it looked like it had been damaged in a storm. Attempted to work with him to get it replaced. Should have known it wasn't worth the effort when the guy failed to follow through on calls/emails from myself and the insurance adjuster. Eventually he came out, ripped off shingles when the adjuster came out as part of a "test". The claim was denied and the guy from NRG never really followed up again in spite of multiple emails and calls. So now I have a bunch of torn shingles on my roof and a notice from insurance company to have it repaired or I'll lose my coverage. Supposedly he'll replace the torn shingles, but its been 2 months and they're still missing.

Description of Work
Attic Insultation

Category insulation, roofing

Work Completed On 02/20/2017

01/19/2017

Vikia J.

Prompt, courteous,professional, awesome!

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category insulation, replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/18/2017

01/08/2017

Chris I.

At the initial meeting, Ray carefully explained what was needed, answered all my questions, and provided a detailed estimate. The work was done on the agreed date, exactly as specified. They were not the lowest bidder, but the price was fair for the level of service received. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Insulate Attic

Work Completed On 11/23/2016

01/07/2017

Kathi R.

Quite well - installation was mess free!!!! They went in through a soffit and could complete their work with out blowing insulation in from inside (attic access). Whatever was left behind in the house, they cleaned up. House is warmer, furnace is not on every 10 minutes! Ray was helpful and professional as was his crew. Nice job!

Description of Work
Additional attic insulation for a home recently purchased

Work Completed On 12/30/2016

12/22/2016

Brian H.

Great results! I've had to lower my thermostat by 3-4 degrees just from the heat being retained and my kids still complain the house is too warm!

Description of Work
I had some major remodeling done a few years back. Many walls were moved and when that occurred, a lot of insulation was removed, trampled or pushed to the corners. There was also a room that was added onto the house by the previous owner that was always cold. Ray gave me a quote for insulating all attic spaces, replacing all the air intake baffles, covering all of the recessed lights with 'hats" in the attic, and insulating the crawl space of the addition in my 3700 sqft home..

Work Completed On 12/10/2016

10/27/2016

Ronald S.

Came and gave me an inspection and estimate and never followed up. Got tired of waiting.

Description of Work
insulation job

Work Completed On 10/27/2016

09/17/2016

SKYLAR S.

Called NRG and spoke to the office staff / operator. They took my information but seemed uninterested in the job ("Oh that's all you need?") and promised to have a technician call me to schedule the job. No one ever called and I didn't bother to call back. If you don't want my money that's ok - I'll give it to someone else.

Description of Work
Insulation repair in an attic space

Work Completed On 09/08/2016

02/04/2016

Edward L.

This was actually the second time I used NorthCoast Energy Masters. The first time was over a year ago when I had them re-insulate my attic, and they did such a great job on that (my second floor is MUCH warmer now) so I reached out to them again. They were able to drill in from the outside and blow in insulation material, accomplishing the work in about an hour without any disruption to the inside of the house at all! And I am happy to report that since the work was completed I have had zero problems with frozen kitchen pipes.

Description of Work
This recent work was to properly insulate a small portion of my rear kitchen wall that was causing my sink pipes and dishwasher to freeze up when the temperature dropped below freezing.

Work Completed On 12/22/2015

01/24/2016

Donald C.

We had frozen pipes in our upstairs bathroom. The pipes are exposed to an unheated crawl space and had be well insulated, but our plumber had removed the insulation without our knowledge. We called NorthCoast and Ray, the owner, came out the day after we called. He explained to us what the problem was and offered to fix the problem the next day. It was a very small job, but he treated it as a priority. He couldn't have been nicer and charged us almost nothing. We actually paid him more than he asked for.

Description of Work
Replaced insulation that protected water pipes in our upstairs bathroom

Category handyman service, insulation