Carrara Construction

Founded 1996 • With Angi since February 2009

3.9

3774 Congress Pkwy

Richfield, OH 44286

Carrara was originally founded in 1996, and began serving Stark and Summit counties with commercial cleaning, residential cleaning and restoration services. By 1998, the company had added four additional counties, and today controls the Northeast Ohio market, serving all of Cuyahoga and its

06/07/2017

Maureen D.

They don't return phone calls. They don't come when they say they will and don't call you to tell you they're not coming. This happened each time. I didn't want them to replace the second floor because of the neglectful way they handled it the first time. But they seemed sincere about wanting to make it up to us. Ha, same thing. Don't answer phone calls, e-mails or texts. Didn't come when they said they would. I even took time off from work to make sure I was there. Absolutely horrendous. I don't know how they stay in business.

Description of Work
I had flooring put in my kitchen. A few months later it was coming up off the floor so it had to be replaced.

Category flooring contractor

09/01/2016

Jena F.

They were to do all the floors, including removal of the stained and destroyed vinyl and carpet flooring, washing all the doors on both sides, power washing floors, using a microbial agent on doors, floors and upstairs walls (where most of the pet mess was). They also were to remove the garbage and anything not marked by green tape. The first day went smoothly with only a few hiccups. The trash and flooring were removed, however the $800 mattress that we stated several times we wanted to save, and that had tape on it, was placed on it's side on the filthy and wet garage floor. They told us they would clean the mattress, spray with disinfectant and bag it. In the rooms that had carpet many of the tack strips were rotten and stained, they promised several times to remove those. The bathroom was to be completely cleaned, top to bottom. The floors were to be pressure washed, and the baseboards in the laundry room removed. They also used a large dehumidifier/de-ionizer in the house to remove smell. One evening we drove by to find that rugs we had asked to be saved were left in the front tree overnight! They had 3 days in the house, followed by a weekend of the de-ionizer. On Monday we had our final walk through, during it the rotten tack strips were still there, the mattress isn't clean, many of the doors weren't clean, and dead bugs and cobwebs were prominent throughout the house, and a few items we had marked for removal, and reminded them several times, were still in the house. The mattress is still filthy, smelly and stained. They promised us that they would be doing all that, but we had gotten there too early. We foolishly believed them and sent the final payment before thoroughly checking the home. The results: Several doors are still filthy, ones they promised to wash several times still had dog hair and filth. I checked this by taking a wet rag and rubbing the stains, which easily come off. When they removed the baseboards in the laundry room they made holes in the drywall, which where conveniently hidden behind equipment until they left. The laundry room floor, which is cement, is still sticky from the glue used on the vinyl. While they did remove the tack strips they didn't remove the debris from them or clean the floor under them. The bathroom is not clean, the toilet had hard water stains that they couldn't remove, the tub is either stained or has lost the enamel and the floor was absolutely not clean. A chair, that we asked several times to be removed, is still there, as well as trash in some of the baskets. The door to the backyard had so many cobwebs, leaves and other trash between the screen and the door that I had to use a broom to remove it, obviously it hadn't been cleaned at all. We are thoroughly disgusted at this company who claimed they would do everything beautifully, who promised things that never happened all for just $6,500.00. They blatantly lied to our faces several times, or claimed that 'it wasn't in the contract' or that 'they would get to it, but we had gotten there early'. I would advise against using them. I will never recommend them and always advise against it. We trusted them to help us with a serious matter that needed done properly and they failed. Please consider using another company for your needs.

Description of Work
We had a house that was damaged by water, neglect and pet feces and urine.

12/30/2015

Shon C.

WORST customer experience I could have ever imagined :( After my family of 7 experienced a fire we trusted this company with our belongings and sadly I feel our contents were worse off than when they left our fire damaged property. A large portion of our large furniture came back damaged and one piece that they had inspected and cleaned broke as it was brought in to our home. As we unpacked boxes we found multiple broken family treasures like our children's handprints not to mention missing items. I was told that our items would be handled with care but by the looks of what was returned it was exactly the opposite. My wife was in tears as we discovered all of the damage to our things. I expected that moving back in after a fire would be a happy occasion and it was, but it was quickly brought down by the return condition of our contents. I should have been concerned early on when my wife witnessed the employees entrusted with the care of our objects throwing things from our porch to the ground that there would be issues, but I always try to see the good side of things. I could not have been more disappointed in hiring this company but at least I have the opportunity to share our story with others here. There was unfortunately no good side to this business engagement.

Description of Work
Restoration - Contents

Category decks, water damage restoration

11/02/2015

Terri P.

It took 4 months to get my new roof, then they brought the wrong shingles and tried to convince me to keep them. They did finally put the correct ones on. The guys who install are great and outstanding!! It is the other people you have to keep an I on and have LOTS of patience for.

Description of Work
Our roof got damaged from the bad wind storm that came through during Thanksgiving Holidays 2014. 3-4 quotes to finally get get the real price. The estimates ranged from $7500 to $3700, in the end it came to around $4500. The roof was not put on until March 17, 2015.

Category roofing, water damage restoration

10/10/2015

Sue L.

Description of Work
Carrara estimated our new kitchen would take about 8 weeks. It took 6 months. The work was amateurish and sloppy. They are HORRIBLE at communicating with customers. Avoid them.

07/01/2015

Katherine L.

Carrara was the first of the three restoration companies to respond after our basement was flooded when storm water back up through a floor drain. They sent a tech out within one day (which was a miracle considering the number of flooded basements). He was prompt and professional. He tested the bottom of the walls for moisture and found that there were only a few spots that needed to be dried. He helped me place the fans we had already borrowed from neighbors to hit those spots. He came out a week later to check again, and only two spots were still a little damp. Again, prompt (he called to let me know he would be just 10 minutes behind the appointment time) and professional. Although we didn't end up needing their restoration services because our flood damage wasn't that bad, I would definitely call them in the future!!

Description of Work
Tested basement walls for moisture after storm water back up.

02/26/2015

dan S.

I had a pretty bad experience from them. I would not recommend them to anybody. The guy had a different breed. The contractor, Jason, had a character. For three weeks we talked about what I want to be done with the building, we even had a preliminary drawing for the building. I wanted to go with them because they have low price, he was less than ten thousand than the other companies. He brought a sub contractor and the whole time I was talking to the man he was on the phone. When he joined the conversation, he said something that I completely did not want for the building and that just blew my mind. Then he had to leave for another project. I just decided not to use him based on his behavior. If I have to pay a big amount of money I want it to be worth.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Carrara Construction for the whole renovation of my building.

Category remodeling, home builders

05/07/2014

Leslie C.

I highly recommend Carrara. All work is performed to the highest quality. They fixed all issues that we pointed out, including replacement of several of the new boards in our hardwood floor that had not been cut properly. What impressed me the most was someone from headquarters contacted me at periodic intervals to make sure that work was being done to our satisfaction. Their estimator worked directly with our insurance to make sure that the original estimate was corrected as needed. The company was recommended by our insurance company so we did not research prices.

Description of Work
Reconstruction work after water damage -- including replacement of damaged hardwood, replacing cabinet under sink, painting. Subcontractor refinished hardwood floor.

05/21/2013

JOYCE M.

We didn't go with them as somebody had a better deal. They're average and nothing was outstanding. We went with someone else because it was less expensive. They were persistent.

Description of Work
We had an estimate from Carrara Construction Company for our driveway extension.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

04/07/2013

Azamul H.

Crew came up and did excellent cleanup job and doing the necessary repair. They worked with my insurance company Allstate so not sure about the cleanup cost. The best part was that they work closely with Allstate (who by the way are excellent) and therefore I did not have to deal with any paperwork etc. So if you have a water damage etc and need repair I will highly recommend to select this company to work with your insurance provider to have a no headache cleanup and repair.

Description of Work
Had some water damage in the finished basement.

Category water damage restoration, interior painters

03/15/2013

Jo B.

Most of it was covered by insurance. The price was low. It was a major job and there were quite a few people working on it. It was an old house, our house is a hundred and twelve years old and so there was lots of surprises in. I upgraded quite a bit and they were able to do the entire job. It looks really good.

Description of Work
My house was gutted by fire and Carrara Construction Company completely rebuilt the house.

Category remodeling

10/09/2012

susan D.

They did a very good job. The air was a lot better in house after the cleaning.

Description of Work
They cleaned the air ducts in my home.

05/30/2012

Renee B.

They do good work. The people are very friendly and work hard. Everybody is professional. They all do good work. Their minuses are communication and the time to complete the job.

Description of Work
I used Carrara Construction Company for water and smoke damage.

Category roofing, water damage restoration

05/05/2012

Dan M.

My cat decided to quit using her litterbox, preferring my painted concrete floor in the basement. I tried to clean up the mess, but it was too much for me. I called Carrara on Thursday afternoon and they scheduled an appointment for an estimate at 8:00 a.m. Friday morning. Jan-Michael Gintz, their Business Development Manager, was on time, highly knowledgeable and a true professional. Jan provided what I considered very fair estimates for different service options and his recommendations in less than 30 minutes. That same afternoon, Carrara sent two service technicians, Nick and Matt, also highly knowledgeable and true professionals. In a little more than an hour, my basement floor looked as if nothing had ever happened and the stench was completely gone. They even moved a heavy door that I was not able to lift by myself. Based on this one experience (so far), I cannot recommend this company and their employees highly enough. How refreshing in today's world to deal with competent, professional and intelligent people. My sincere thanks Carrara, Jan, Nick and Matt for a job incredibly well done!

Description of Work
Removal of cat feces from painted concrete floor in the basement, scrubbing and sanitizing the floor.

Category blind cleaning

01/20/2012

NORMAJEAN C.

They did a very good job. The price was fair.

Description of Work
They cleaned out my air ducts.

01/11/2012

Skip C.

When they showed up to look at the job, they were right on time. They were professional and friendly. Many photos were taken, and they used them to show my insurance company what needed to be done. When the work began, I was impressed by the work performed, and the time spent on details by the roofer. He removed all the debris when finished. I highly recommend Carrara and their team for any work you need done.

Description of Work
I had a flat roof on a car port repaired. The old roofing material and damaged plywood was removed. New joists were installed for better support. New plywood was installed. Originally, they were going to install a product with a 5 year guarantee, but the roofer suggested a different product with a 12 year guarantee for the same price. This was installed, along with many new shingles where the car port attached to the house.

Category roofing, woodworking

12/22/2011

Martin A. and Amelia K.

Doesn't get any better...great ....fast...friendly service!!

Description of Work
We had wind/storm damage to our siding around roof line... fast and friendly! Professional team with great customer service! I have already booked them to do more work for us in the Springtime.

Category remodeling, roofing

09/15/2011

Mari N.

I was very well pleased with their service and with their cost.

Description of Work
Steamatic By Carrara came out in May and did water mitigation for us.

08/04/2011

MaryAnne G.

They came out to clean after we had a fire. I would not recommend them even to my worst enemy. They cleaned our house too and did not clean half of it. They threw away things that should not have been thrown away like pictures and jewelry. I was extremely upset with them. They threw away all our prescriptions without even showing them to us. I had a lot of problems with them. I would not recommend them. I did not pick them but it was our insurance company that picked them for us. It wasn't somebody I found through Angie's List.

Description of Work
Steamatic By Carrara cleaned our carpets.

Category carpet cleaners

11/11/2009

PAM M.

They were a good company to work with. I used them because they had good comments in Angieslist. I thought that their price was good. I would use them again in future if needed.

Description of Work
Carrara Construction Company did a complete renovation of an attic space in a bathroom.

Category remodeling

10/19/2009

John W.

Will not proceeed with this company.

Description of Work
Their web site and the representative I spoke with over the phone clearly stated that there was a 30% discount for their services (http://www.carraracompanies.com/steamatic/cleaning-services/). After getting a quote the salesperson said the quote did not apply to the services he was quoting. There were no disclaimners / exceptions noted on the web site. Clearly feel they were misleading.

05/22/2009

ANNE M.

We were very impressed with Carrara--especially their punctuality and responsiveness. They were in the house four different days and 4-5 different people worked on various stages of the project. Every one of them arrived right on time, was professional and courteous, and cleaned up thoroughly each day. We were very impressed.

Description of Work
Repaired water damage to ceiling and walls in an upstairs bedroom, repainted and re wallpapered walls, patched and repainted ceiling, and cleaned carpeting.

Category carpet cleaners, remodeling, wallpaper, water damage restoration, interior painters

04/20/2009

RORY W.

Carrara Co was referred to us by our insurance company. Jeff Holliday came out and reviewed the situation, coordinated everything with the insurance company, scheduled the workers and checked up with us regularly. The various workers that came out were always prompt, professional, and cleaned up after themselves. Their workmanship is fantastic. The new floor they put down is better than the original.

Description of Work
Repaired damage from burst pipe. Repaired broken water line; repaired ceiling in master bedroom closet; insulated & repaired wall in master bedroom closet; painted master bedroom & closet; replaced floor in master bedroom & closet; removed damaged closet system & coordinated with company to have it replaced.

Category flooring contractor, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters

02/06/2009

THOMAS J.

The technicians arrived on a little late, but they had called to notify me of this (the roads were terrible from a recent snow). Upon arrival one got right to work preparing their equipment while the other technician explained how the service would be completed. They asked if I had pets to insure that our cat did not run out the door (the door had to be cracked to allow their vacuum hose into the house). The Technician cleaning the vents was very nice to my 4 year old son who followed him from room to room. They worked together as a team well, with one guy removing return covers and preparing rooms and then putting everything back, while the other did the cleaning. My only complaint was that they did not wear something on their shoes to protect my carpets from the ice and snow they were tracking in.

Description of Work
I had 15 registers/returns cleaned plus the furnace

01/15/2009

Eric S.

Everyone at Carrara was accommodating and friendly. The price was adequate for the services performed. My initial phone call was pleasant and they were able to get right out and clean the carpet. When the technician came out he was very professional and courteous. He went above and beyond to help us and make us feel comfortable. The actual cleaning was fantastic.

Description of Work
I had Carrara clean carpet in my home. From the initial phone call to the execution of the work they were friendly, courteous and professional. The work performed was outstanding and exceeded my expectations.

Category carpet cleaners