Carrara Construction

Founded 1996 • With Angi since February 2009

3.9

Carrara was originally founded in 1996, and began serving Stark and Summit counties with commercial cleaning, residential cleaning and restoration services. By 1998, the company had added four additional counties, and today controls the Northeast Ohio market, serving all of Cuyahoga and its surrounding counties. Carrara has grown on average 30% in each year of business, and as of 2014 we have moved into the Dayton and Cincinnati market. As a result of the reconstruction demand from the mitigation business and at the request of one of our major customers, the need for a construction division became apparent and our construction division was founded in 2001. All areas of construction are performed by our associates with the exception of heating, major electrical and plumbing work. In January 2008, Carrara consolidated all divisions under one umbrella, offering restoration, construction, and residential and commercial cleaning services. The Carrara name was taken from the name of the company president’s late Grandfather, Donato Carrara, who was a successful businessman and role model. The Carrara name is also synonymous with the highest quality marble, which has been used by some of the greatest sculptors in the world, including Michelangelo, who insisted on utilizing only Carrara marble. In March of the same year, a Columbus office was founded servicing the greater Columbus and Central Ohio markets. Carrara also added a Cincinnati office to cover the Southern and Western cities. Carrara now has the ability to respond to any emergency in Ohio within a few hours. Starting in 2013, Carrara became an owner with 20 other independent restoration companies of a national restoration group called Restoration Affiliates. Carrara and our partners can handle large losses and weather-related disasters nationwide for commercial clients and insurance carriers alike. Customers of Restoration Affiliates can feel confident in the service and response times of these local companies and all their resources. Additional phone for Akron/Canton: 330-315-1457. Alternate company name Steamatic of NE Ohio. Alternate company name Steamatic by Carrara....

Extreme Concrete LLC

Specializing in everything concrete from driveways to decorative stamped patios! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Paint Medics, Inc.

We are a local, owner-operated painting company serving Parma, Cleveland, Akron and surrounding areas throughout Northeast Ohio. We specialize in residential and commercial interior and exterior painting. We also offer deck staining services, aluminum and vinyl siding refinishing and wood floor finishing. Call today for a friendly estimate at (216) 316-2929.

Neubert Painting

Neubert Painting is Northeast Ohio’s leading residential painting contractor, offering quality, affordable and responsible painting services, both interior painting and exterior painting. We offer the following services - Traditional Exterior Housepainting - Exterior Wood Staining - Aluminum Siding Refinishing - Interior Painting Additional phone - (216) 701-4331. Additional DBAs - Neubert Aluminum Refinishing Inc, Vinyl Siding Refinishing, Neubert Painting Interiors Inc, Neubert Staining Inc. Award winning. Our jobs are the longest lasting and have the best warranties in the business.

06/07/2017

They don't return phone calls. They don't come when they say they will and don't call you to tell you they're not coming. This happened each time. I didn't want them to replace the second floor because of the neglectful way they handled it the first time. But they seemed sincere about wanting to make it up to us. Ha, same thing. Don't answer phone calls, e-mails or texts. Didn't come when they sai...

Description of Work
I had flooring put in my kitchen. A few months later it was coming up off the floor so it had to be replaced.

Category flooring contractor

09/01/2016

They were to do all the floors, including removal of the stained and destroyed vinyl and carpet flooring, washing all the doors on both sides, power washing floors, using a microbial agent on doors, floors and upstairs walls (where most of the pet mess was). They also were to remove the garbage and anything not marked by green tape. The first day went smoothly with only a few hiccups. The trash an...

Description of Work
We had a house that was damaged by water, neglect and pet feces and urine.

Category water damage restoration

12/30/2015

WORST customer experience I could have ever imagined :( After my family of 7 experienced a fire we trusted this company with our belongings and sadly I feel our contents were worse off than when they left our fire damaged property. A large portion of our large furniture came back damaged and one piece that they had inspected and cleaned broke as it was brought in to our home. As we unpacked boxes ...

Description of Work
Restoration - Contents

Category decks,water damage restoration

11/02/2015

It took 4 months to get my new roof, then they brought the wrong shingles and tried to convince me to keep them. They did finally put the correct ones on. The guys who install are great and outstanding!! It is the other people you have to keep an I on and have LOTS of patience for.

Description of Work
Our roof got damaged from the bad wind storm that came through during Thanksgiving Holidays 2014. 3-4 quotes to finally get get the real price. The estimates ranged from $7500 to $3700, in the end it came to around $4500. The roof was not put on until March 17, 2015.

Category roofing,water damage restoration

07/01/2015

Carrara was the first of the three restoration companies to respond after our basement was flooded when storm water back up through a floor drain. They sent a tech out within one day (which was a miracle considering the number of flooded basements). He was prompt and professional. He tested the bottom of the walls for moisture and found that there were only a few spots that needed to be dried. He ...

Description of Work
Tested basement walls for moisture after storm water back up.

Category water damage restoration

02/26/2015

I had a pretty bad experience from them. I would not recommend them to anybody. The guy had a different breed. The contractor, Jason, had a character. For three weeks we talked about what I want to be done with the building, we even had a preliminary drawing for the building. I wanted to go with them because they have low price, he was less than ten thousand than the other companies. He brought a sub contractor and the whole time I was talking to the man he was on the phone. When he joined the conversation, he said something that I completely did not want for the building and that just blew my mind. Then he had to leave for another project. I just decided not to use him based on his behavior. If I have to pay a big amount of money I want it to be worth.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Carrara Construction for the whole renovation of my building.

Category room remodeling","home builder

05/07/2014

I highly recommend Carrara. All work is performed to the highest quality. They fixed all issues that we pointed out, including replacement of several of the new boards in our hardwood floor that had not been cut properly. What impressed me the most was someone from headquarters contacted me at periodic intervals to make sure that work was being done to our satisfaction. Their estimator worked directly with our insurance to make sure that the original estimate was corrected as needed. The company was recommended by our insurance company so we did not research prices.

Description of Work
Reconstruction work after water damage -- including replacement of damaged hardwood, replacing cabinet under sink, painting. Subcontractor refinished hardwood floor.

Category water damage restoration service

05/21/2013

We didn't go with them as somebody had a better deal. They're average and nothing was outstanding. We went with someone else because it was less expensive. They were persistent.

Description of Work
We had an estimate from Carrara Construction Company for our driveway extension.

Category concrete repair contractor","concrete driveway

04/07/2013

Crew came up and did excellent cleanup job and doing the necessary repair. They worked with my insurance company Allstate so not sure about the cleanup cost. The best part was that they work closely with Allstate (who by the way are excellent) and therefore I did not have to deal with any paperwork etc. So if you have a water damage etc and need repair I will highly recommend to select this company to work with your insurance provider to have a no headache cleanup and repair.

Description of Work
Had some water damage in the finished basement.

Category water damage restoration service","interior painter

03/15/2013

Most of it was covered by insurance. The price was low. It was a major job and there were quite a few people working on it. It was an old house, our house is a hundred and twelve years old and so there was lots of surprises in. I upgraded quite a bit and they were able to do the entire job. It looks really good.

Description of Work
My house was gutted by fire and Carrara Construction Company completely rebuilt the house.

Category room remodeling

Residential & Commercial Fire & Water Restoration. Construction. Residential & Commercial Carpet. Mold. Air Duct Cleaning

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available