Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Portsmouth, OH
There are 2 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Portsmouth
- Homers Masonry and Home ImprovementIt went very well. Mr. Homer and his assistant were courteous and professional, worked hard, and did excellent work. They cleaned up and left things tidy at the end of each work day, and at the end of the job. My new stone walk (which Rodney built by pulling up the stones from the old damaged walk, and recycling them into a beautiful new walk with brick accents) is almost a work of art. Really beautiful, very high quality work
- Quality Decks LLCthey went as far as to sand, stain and seal all the wood work. it even came with a 5 year warranty on all work. the workmanship was superb although the job took a little longer than i think it should have, but it was worth every minute. nice job!!!
- Homers Masonry and Home ImprovementThey were very honest, courteous, professional, and trustworthy. Their work and cleanup are "A" one. I would hoghly recommend "Homers Masonry and Home Improvements" to anyone. Great men. Great price. Great work.
- Massie MasonryWe had approximately a 20 ft section of sidewalk added to our backyard. Since this company had already done a superb job in laying the concrete for our built-in pool a few months earlier we felt comfortable using them again, and they did not let us down. We had new sidewalks added to connect one part of our yard to the new pool area. They were very helpful in making suggestions on the best path to take in laying the sidewalk out. I was very impressed with the company and they were extremely clean in how our property was left after the job was complete. It has been several months with lots of rain, snow and ice, and the sidewalks are still excellent
- Homers Masonry and Home ImprovementWe agreed to a fair (not cheap) price, and the work was done as promised, on time, in a neat and meticulous fashion. Mr. Homer was able to reuse a lot of the old brick, adding new ones in a subtle way, so that the end result does not look like a new structure, but appears to be completely original to the house. Only now it is strong and beautiful, instead of crumbling. The quality of this man's masonry work is wonderful. I highly recommend him. (In the past he has also done a top notch job repairing my chimney, and an artful job creating a beautiful new stone walk out of existing stones I had from an old one.) Trustworthy, professional, polite, pleasant, respectful. Easy to work with
- Bennett MasonryBennett Masonry came from the Athens, Ohio, area to do brick pointing on my older home in Huntington, WV. The estimate was $1500; specifically, John indicated that he got $750 a day and my needs would involve two days' work. He asked for half the total up front on the day of the estimate, which was about ten days before the beginning of the actual job, but I was unwilling to do that. He did eventually agree that I could give him the front money at the end of his first day of work, and we set a start date. Although I realize that he was traveling a fairly large distance, he arrived considerably later than he had indicated on both days of work. The first day he dug out all the joints and then left them uncovered. It rained on the second planned day of work so he didn't come, though he did call. Fortunately it was not a driving rainstorm and I didn't have any resulting leaks, but I spent the day worried about the possibility that a hard rainstorm pounding through those open seams would cause interior damage. The third day he returned to mortar the seams, again arriving hours later than planned. He didn't strike the joints, which I found odd since my original joints are lightly struck, but since this wasn't real obvious I didn't complain. While here, he indicated that there were several more seams that needed work and that he would fix them for an additional $250. I would have said yes had it not been for the phrasing of the estimate. He had priced the job as "two days' work," and his actual work time for the job came in at about six hours. I thought--and still think--that a customer has the right to expect more than three hours of work each day for $750. We discussed this, but John did not agree. All that said, the work that was done was very neat and appeared to be extremely competently rendered. I believe that this company definitely knows the art of brick work. The Angie's List subscriber who termed John "respectful of the property" was absolutely correct: he and Angel left the yard tidier than they found it on both days of the job
Masonry Contractors in Portsmouth
- Business Description:Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.Recent Review:Josh Betts responded quickly to a voice mail inquiry, and accommodated our schedule by coming on a weekend. He identified and explained problems, their solutions, necessary "do-overs", and more. Also advised us on steps to take next. He was punctual, polite, frank, and patient when asked "Can you explain that again?SHELLEY and CHARLES J Q.
- Business Description:tree trimming and pruning mulching stump removal storm damage dead wood removal tree removal emergency service retainer walls small concrete jobs
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Layman's Masonry Estimator, Rod Layman Mason Contractor.Recent Review:Looked super, but four years later it has been falling apart despite annual weatherproofing treatment. Stones falling off side of house. Etc. He's a Christian man. But he hired in my opinion cheap unexperienced beginners for my job as I have learned since the work was done. In my opinion the job had serious problemssteve c.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:<p>Just wanted to drop a line or two and let you all know how impressed we were with both your workmen and their work. In today's society, you just don't find companies that really do a great job, they usually just do enough to "get by".<br /> <br /><br /> <br />At times, without their knowledge, I was home and could hear some of the men talking. Much to my surprise, their language and subject matter were always appropriate. Don't find that much in the labor force today! It spoke volumes to me. When they did speak with us, they were always very kind and informative.<br /> <br /></p> <p>The work that was performed consisted of excavating the dirt to gain access to the footings on both sides of the foundation. On the inside, they had to bust out the concrete floor and hand dig to the footing in order to install their brackets for the "unified lift system". After installing the brackets, they attached special hydraulic equipment to the brackets which drove 3" diameter<br /> <br />pipes down to bedrock. Next, they attached a hydraulic jacking system to each pier location. Using their special vehicle with a unique hydraulic pumping system they attached hydraulic lines to each location and were able to do a controlled lift. From what we understand, your company is one of the only ones that can perform this "unified lift".<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />We were taking pictures daily and emailing them out to family and friends who could not believe their eyes! They started out making our basement look like a bomb went off and when they were done it was swept and looking very nice!<br /> <br /><br /> <br />All this to say that the work done was absolutely astonishing! We will highly recommend EHM to everyone that we hear may need this type of work completed.<br /> <br /><br /> <br />Thanks so much again. We were dreading having this work completed, but you all made it so much nicer by your<br /> <br />expertise, kindness, and professionalism.</p> <p>Mike and Cheryl <br /> <br /></p> <br /Mike H.
- Business Description:No sub contractors. Charges by the job. No travel/trip charges.Recent Review:They were very honest, courteous, professional, and trustworthy. Their work and cleanup are "A" one. I would hoghly recommend "Homers Masonry and Home Improvements" to anyone. Great men. Great price. Great workJim B.
- Business Description:We provide craftsmanship that is higher than most of our competiters.We do not sub. contract out our work except in rare accassions.
- Business Description:I am here for all your home improvement needs from the smallest job to the largest. I always give free estimates and will always give the best work possible.
- Business Description:Specializing in outdoor an indoor renovation, sidewalks driveways an fencing. We also do earthmoving excavation an hauling of topsoil fertilizer gravel and sand. We are your one stop shop. With 10 plus years of experience. We pride ourselves on integrity and professionalism.
- Business Description:In business for 21years with 26 years of experience. Sub contractor or contractor to lay block, brick or stone. New contstrution, remodels and repair work.
- Business Description:Additional email -DalesQualityDecks@contractor.net.Recent Review: they went as far as to sand, stain and seal all the wood work. it even came with a 5 year warranty on all work. the workmanship was superb although the job took a little longer than i think it should have, but it was worth every minute. nice job!!adam d.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Portsmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- All Star General Contracting400 Bellefonte Princess Road
Ashland, Kentucky 41101
- All Star General Contracting
- Betts Structural Engineering LLC304 Long St
Ashville, Ohio 43103
- Betts Structural Engineering LLC
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLC1417 Chestnut St
Kenova, West Virginia 25530
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLC
- Homers Masonry and Home Improvement2088 Mildale Rd
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
- Homers Masonry and Home Improvement
- Owens tree&mulch
Springfield, Ohio 45505
- Owens tree&mulch
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio 45656
- Quality Decks LLC
- Rod Layman Masonry321 Stonegate Way
Lexington, Kentucky 40503
- Rod Layman Masonry
- Sootshaker Chimney Sweep319 Bellefonte Princess Rd
Ashland, Kentucky 41101
- Sootshaker Chimney Sweep