Whether you built your home last year or live in one that was built more than 100 years ago, there’s a high chance some masonry was involved. Check out these ten common masonry materials that every homeowner should know about.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Portsmouth, OH
There are 2 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Portsmouth
- Massie MasonryWe had approximately a 20 ft section of sidewalk added to our backyard. Since this company had already done a superb job in laying the concrete for our built-in pool a few months earlier we felt comfortable using them again, and they did not let us down. We had new sidewalks added to connect one part of our yard to the new pool area. They were very helpful in making suggestions on the best path to take in laying the sidewalk out. I was very impressed with the company and they were extremely clean in how our property was left after the job was complete. It has been several months with lots of rain, snow and ice, and the sidewalks are still excellent
- Homers Masonry and Home ImprovementThey were very honest, courteous, professional, and trustworthy. Their work and cleanup are "A" one. I would hoghly recommend "Homers Masonry and Home Improvements" to anyone. Great men. Great price. Great work.
- Homers Masonry and Home ImprovementWe agreed to a fair (not cheap) price, and the work was done as promised, on time, in a neat and meticulous fashion. Mr. Homer was able to reuse a lot of the old brick, adding new ones in a subtle way, so that the end result does not look like a new structure, but appears to be completely original to the house. Only now it is strong and beautiful, instead of crumbling. The quality of this man's masonry work is wonderful. I highly recommend him. (In the past he has also done a top notch job repairing my chimney, and an artful job creating a beautiful new stone walk out of existing stones I had from an old one.) Trustworthy, professional, polite, pleasant, respectful. Easy to work with
- Homers Masonry and Home ImprovementIt went very well. Mr. Homer and his assistant were courteous and professional, worked hard, and did excellent work. They cleaned up and left things tidy at the end of each work day, and at the end of the job. My new stone walk (which Rodney built by pulling up the stones from the old damaged walk, and recycling them into a beautiful new walk with brick accents) is almost a work of art. Really beautiful, very high quality work
- Quality Decks LLCthey went as far as to sand, stain and seal all the wood work. it even came with a 5 year warranty on all work. the workmanship was superb although the job took a little longer than i think it should have, but it was worth every minute. nice job!!!
- Bennett MasonryBennett Masonry came from the Athens, Ohio, area to do brick pointing on my older home in Huntington, WV. The estimate was $1500; specifically, John indicated that he got $750 a day and my needs would involve two days' work. He asked for half the total up front on the day of the estimate, which was about ten days before the beginning of the actual job, but I was unwilling to do that. He did eventually agree that I could give him the front money at the end of his first day of work, and we set a start date. Although I realize that he was traveling a fairly large distance, he arrived considerably later than he had indicated on both days of work. The first day he dug out all the joints and then left them uncovered. It rained on the second planned day of work so he didn't come, though he did call. Fortunately it was not a driving rainstorm and I didn't have any resulting leaks, but I spent the day worried about the possibility that a hard rainstorm pounding through those open seams would cause interior damage. The third day he returned to mortar the seams, again arriving hours later than planned. He didn't strike the joints, which I found odd since my original joints are lightly struck, but since this wasn't real obvious I didn't complain. While here, he indicated that there were several more seams that needed work and that he would fix them for an additional $250. I would have said yes had it not been for the phrasing of the estimate. He had priced the job as "two days' work," and his actual work time for the job came in at about six hours. I thought--and still think--that a customer has the right to expect more than three hours of work each day for $750. We discussed this, but John did not agree. All that said, the work that was done was very neat and appeared to be extremely competently rendered. I believe that this company definitely knows the art of brick work. The Angie's List subscriber who termed John "respectful of the property" was absolutely correct: he and Angel left the yard tidier than they found it on both days of the job
Masonry Contractors in Portsmouth
- Business Description:Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:Above and beyond my expectations!! Work was done earlier than expected and the quality was amazing!! I highly recommend to all my friends and family. Thanks again for the great work!!Bean S.
- Business Description:Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.Recent Review:Really well. Everything was done that was agreed on. Josh and his his crew showed up on time, stayed in touch when waiting for materials, and stayed in touch after the job was completed.Jason J.
- Business Description:tree trimming and pruning mulching stump removal storm damage dead wood removal tree removal emergency service retainer walls small concrete jobsRecent Review:Chris and his team were very professional and quick. They did a fanatic job and definitely will hire againkayla f.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Layman's Masonry Estimator, Rod Layman Mason Contractor.Recent Review:Totally unprofessional. I regret using this company. Rod quoted the work, but the kid doing the job seemed to have never done it before. The chimney needed repair to the top 15 or so brick rows. I had to point out from the ground bricks that still looked (and were) loose after he was "finished". He failed to tuck point one whole side of the chimney. The chimney still leaked after they finished. I went up on the roof to inspect where water might be coming in. The poured concrete cap looked like a someone just spilled a whole bucket of concrete. It slopes toward the chimney vent and water pools on top. Completely useless. The work was "guaranteed" in word by Mr. Layman, but he has not kept his word. I have been calling about the continued leaking for two months and no one has come out. I also found a broken 6 ft extension pole in the gutter which they were too careless to remove after dropping itAlex K.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:K&W STONEWORK'S, is your premier leader which specializes in fireplaces, mailboxes, and water features such as waterfalls, fountains and outdoor grill and entertainment structures. When you choose K&W STONEWORK'S for your residential or commercial needs, you will get our guarantee, YOUR PROJECT WILL BE DONE THE RIGHT WAY EVERY-TIME
- Business Description:We provide craftsmanship that is higher than most of our competiters.We do not sub. contract out our work except in rare accassions.
- Business Description:Specializing in outdoor an indoor renovation, sidewalks driveways an fencing. We also do earthmoving excavation an hauling of topsoil fertilizer gravel and sand. We are your one stop shop. With 10 plus years of experience. We pride ourselves on integrity and professionalism.
- Business Description:Our business and associates have a solid background in both commercial and residential construction. You get the benefit of experience that's been acquired year after year, job after job.Our team has more than 20 years experience in commercial and residential construction, remodeling, site work, excavation and construction management, All Star General Contracting will provide general contracting construction services that top builders will use to help launch their projects and keep them under..Recent Review:The guys were absolutely wonderful. They worked very efficiently and professionally. The job was completed in less the 2 days, They showed up when they said they would and worked hard to get the job done. Highly recommend using these guys on my next projectAmanda J.
- Business Description:Tri State Enterprise has over 40 trained and organized employees. Their managers have over 60 years combined experience in their fields. We offer financing options and many payment options to suite your needs. We are here to meet the needs of our customers and give them the best completed job to satisfy thier needs. We work to create the best finished product you can buyRecent Review:unknownRonald C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
If your brick or stone wall needs repairing, then you need a brick masonry contractor to tackle the project. Hiring a mason for a project can feel daunting, but if you follow these tips you’ll know just what to do to find the perfect pro for you.
Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Find masonry contractors in
- West Portsmouth
- South Shore
- New Boston
- Franklin Furnace
- South Webster
- Oak Hill
- Coal Grove
masonry contractors in Portsmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- All Star General Contracting400 Bellefonte Princess Road
- All Star General Contracting
- C&B Home Improvement And Roofing Service413 Marion Pike
- C&B Home Improvement And Roofing Service
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLC1417 Chestnut St
Kenova, West Virginia
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLC
- Fiske & Sons IncP.O. Box 350
- Fiske & Sons Inc
- Homers Masonry and Home Improvement2088 Mildale Rd
- Homers Masonry and Home Improvement
- K&W STONEWORKS1314 Fighting Frk
- K&W STONEWORKS
- MY ROOF115 dexter
- MY ROOF
- Owens tree&mulch
- Owens tree&mulch
- Pyles construction1672 County Road 1A
- Pyles construction
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio
- Quality Decks LLC
- Rod Layman Masonry321 Stonegate Way
- Rod Layman Masonry
- Sootshaker Chimney Sweep319 Bellefonte Princess Rd
- Sootshaker Chimney Sweep