The differences between light-filtering and room-darkening window treatments are subtle but important. We’re sharing their pros and cons, how they complement your home and help you save on energy costs.
Get matched with top window treatment in New Carlisle, OH
There are 8 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in New Carlisle
- SHADES OF DISTINCTIONThis family-owned business did a super job for us in designing and selecting material and colors for a large-sized, multi-windowed room. Tim and Jake were patient, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Back in the main office, Emily was prompt and friendly in replying to our inquiries. We highly recommend Shades of Distinction . . . . they go out of their way to support their customers !!
- Sophisticated ShadesThe rep came and picked up shade at my house. It had a broken draw string. She brought it back and installed a few days later. The repair job was excellent - shade mechanism is working much smoother than before it broke. The service and repair job were great. No questions asked to pick up shade at house and repair for no charge
- GATEWAY SHUTTERS & BLINDS INCDavid and Karen are the best. Quality, price and professional. Always on time Or they communicate their status! I've used them twice 2 different locations.
- Enhancing WindowsDewayne and Drew's expert knowledge and professionalism made this project a very positive experience.
- Henley Home ServicesHenley Home Services did a great job! They were quick and did a great job. You can tell they take pride in there work. They painted the trim, garage door, and front door on the outside of my house. Greg hung 3 sets of shutters, he also did some drywall repair and hung 2 sets of blinds. It looks so nice. I will use there services again
- Henley Home ServicesI am truly impressed with Henley Home services and will definitely use them again! We communicated through Angie's List and email, their responses were prompt and very friendly. Greg came out for an estimate soon after our first communication and did the work a week later. He was extremely professional, kind and knowledgable. I felt comfortable having him in the house (which I normally do not with tradesmen). Our bill at the end was exactly the number quoted and we felt that the price was extremely fair. The work that he did on the house looks fantastic, overall a total slam dunk
- AIH Custom Window TreatmentsIt was very positive. We used them when we were in Florida last winter. There was a problem, but they corrected it, and went the extra mile. They deducted some from our bill, and I think they did a great job.
- Sophisticated ShadesI actually came in contact with this company when I was trying to find someone to fix some vertical blinds in my old home. The blinds had been there since the 1980s. I had no idea who installed them. I first called another place who refused to service them since they didn't install them. However, when I called Sophisticated Shades, they were more than happy to help. The owner, David Caldwell, came out and was able to easily fix the shades. He didn't even charge me for the service! Because of this, I decided to use them to install blinds in my newly built home (20+ windows). They were responsive, courteous, punctual, appropriately priced, and very professional. I get lots of compliments on my blinds. I accidentally broke one of my blinds after a few months (my fault). They were able to order the new custom sized shade and replace them at no charge. I will continue to use this company for all my future window needs
- Enhancing WindowsExcellent Mr. Jordan was easy to do business with and will use him next year when I get more work done. Explained my options very well, brought lots of samples for me to choose from and just a nice person
- Enhancing WindowsWe received price quotes from multiple businesses, and Enhancing Windows was unbeatable, even coming in lower for wood blinds than other quotes we’d received for faux wood or composite blinds. They were also unmatched on warranty, so I can feel secure that our blinds will continue looking their best. Dewayne is a pleasure; he’s friendly, knowledgeable, and always professional. Most importantly, though, is that our blinds look fantastic! We have custom trim around our windows, and we were able to choose a perfect color match. These blinds look like they were meant to be part of the window, and we don’t have to cover any of our beautiful woodwork. With pleasure, I recommend Enhancing Windows for your window treatment needs
Window Treatment Services in New Carlisle
- Business Description:At Sophisticated Shades we can help you create your dream home environment with the full line of Hunter Douglas custom window fashions - and more! We'll help you select the most fitting and beautiful window fashions - from a wide variety of fabrics, colors, textures and styles, including The Alustra® Collection. Our distinctive service includes professional measuring, experienced installation and stylish design, all provided with a local flair since we're independently owned and operated sin..Recent Review:The rep came and picked up shade at my house. It had a broken draw string. She brought it back and installed a few days later. The repair job was excellent - shade mechanism is working much smoother than before it broke. The service and repair job were great. No questions asked to pick up shade at house and repair for no chargeMARIO S.
- Business Description:All-Seal specializes in windows, exterior doors, storm doors, siding, awnings, patio covers, patio rooms and kitchens. Our line offers a diverse selection of high quality products at affordable prices. We offer both replacement and new construction products and services. Our Free Lifetime Service warranty applies for as long as you own the home. 25 employees. Uses subs for siding & specialty areas. Cost is determined by the job. No travel chargesRecent Review:They respond responsibly. They did the job accurately.Carolyn S.
- Business Description:Solar Tint was founded in 1979 to provide an extensive line of window films for commercial, industrial, government, residential, and automotive settings. With more than 35 years in business, we are proud to be the only large commercial certified 3M dealer serving Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Southeast Indiana. Our certified in-home installation department has the experience to provide you with the best possible application, ensuring that manufacturer's warranties are in force upon completion...Recent Review:We had some hardwood floors with a lot of sun damage refinished. I wanted to protect the floors from the sun so called Solar Tint. Everything went very well from the rep, Ashley, who came out and made suggestions to the two installers who were on time and courteous. We can see out the windows but also see how the film is effecting incoming sun light. Nice job. Would call againJOHN M.
- Business Description:At Integrity 1st Roofing, our motto is, “it takes Integrity to do the job right.” Integrity 1st Roofing specializes in roofing, siding, windows, attic insulation and gutter installation throughout Ohio and Kentucky. Integrity is a family owned and operated company that is based on the principles of honesty and integrity. We offer competitive pricing with unparalleled service and customer satisfaction. Integrity 1st Roofing offers our customers a unique combination of high-quality workmanship,..Recent Review:I wanted to comment on Integrity 1st Roofing. On 4/1/19, Shaun came to my home to inspect my roof and give me a bid on a replacement. He was a true professional. He explained everything to my satisfaction and explained each step that would be taken during the replacement. The communication from Carolyn in the office was also exceptional. She sent additional information I requested to aid in my decision and checked several times to ensure I had received it. A pleasurable experience all around. I would have no problem recommending this company to family and friends looking for a roofing estimateMichael B.
- Business Description:Family orientated business operated by the owners. Focussed on customer service and communication, combined with a thorough knowledge of products. We strive to see the project from the customers point of view. Excellent project management skills. Additional contact name - Mike Hoff. Additional email - email@example.com. Additional address - 1475 West River Road Dayton OH 45417. Award winningRecent Review:We hired Van Martin Roofing to reroof our 3000 sq ft (approx) in March 2013. Last week, we had my wife's bathroom extensively remodeled--to include installing a new vent fan. When the workers were venting the fan to the roof outlet, they noticed substantial wetness in the attic insulation. When they tore out the existing soffit over the tub/shower area, they found about two gallons of water suspended in plastic sheathing (which they pumped out). I immediately called Van Martin (3/29/21)--as we have a 10-year warranty on labor and a 50-year warranty on the shingles. The lady I spoke with (Cheryl) was very friendly and professional. She verified my warranty information and said their scheduler (Stephanie) would contact me soon to schedule repairs. Stephanie called me on Monday (4/5/21) and said their techs would be out on Tuesday between 12:00 and 1:30PM. She called again Tuesday morning to say, due to a schedule change, the techs could be there a couple hours earlier. The techs (Gene and Scott) arrived about 10:30AM and I explained the situation to them. They inspected the roof (and attic area) and found several "nail pops" where some of the shingles had risen up. They also found that a collar on one of the vent stack pipes had separated from the roof. All probably due to freezing/thawing over the years. They made the necessary repairs and went on their way. They were also very professional and friendly--answering all my questions and explaining what they'd found during their inspection. All in all, it was a great customer service experience. No hassles, prompt scheduling, thorough repairs. Easy peasyBARRY R.
- Business Description:We are a local family business with 34 years of experience in the window covering industry.Recent Review:Dewayne and Drew's expert knowledge and professionalism made this project a very positive experience.Chris W.
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:ARCO has been serving the greater Cincinnati & Dayton Area since 1999. All of our technicians are certified sweeps and inspectors with the CSIA. ( Chimney Safety Institute of America ) Also, ARCO is a member of the Chimney Sweeping Guild and stay up to date with all new fire codes and county regulations. Here at ARCO we take pride in being an honest, straight forward family business looking for steady work at a fair profit. Our owner, Patrick Archer, spent 4 years in the military before being..Recent Review:ARCO does their best to provide quality work and if there happens to be an issue, they are very responsive and will address the problem promptly. This is hard to find with other contractors in this specialty.Cheryl T.
- Business Description:Get hail damage inspections done and insurance claims filed right away. Contact us in Dayton, OH, for our all-inclusive home restoration services.Recent Review:This company is out of business. Owner says he "lost his crew" and cannot fulfill his 2 year warranty. Roof area at repair site continues to leak but he is unable to inspect it. Not sure why martin Ran is still listed on Angies List. The work involved replacing chimney flashing on 2 chimneys, which he said would rectify the problem. Apparently, that was not the "cure" since roof continued to leak. His crew did return once to update repairs, however roof continues to leakalan b.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Columbus! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creati..Recent Review:Nothing about our experience with this company has been good. I am still waiting on a solution to the multitude of issues we have had with our window install. It has been over 6 months and I still don't have all my windows or hardware and no one in this company seems to care about my concerns. I didn't even get any other estimates because of a recommendation from my mother. She had windows installed in 2014 and had nothing but good things to say about her experience. Obviously things have changed in 7 years. She regrets ever suggesting Champion to my husband and me and says she will never recommend them to anyone ever again. Do yourself a favor and get multiple estimates and stay away from a company that requires you to sign a contract that day or you lose out on the sale. A measure tech had to come out to my house 3 times (each time at least 3 weeks between visits) to measure a single window which was the start of the delay. I was told that first they couldn't read the writing, then the measurements didn't match. The install "professionals" broke a new window which had to be reordered. End of August was the install and I was told it would take at least 4 weeks to get the replacement window. There is a 3 inch scratch down to the metal on my big living room picture window. The caulking job would have been better done by a 2 year old. I do not have all the cranks for my awning windows, even though the windows sat in their warehouse for almost a month before my install date. The contractors put a gash in the beadboard on my bathroom wall and hammer scratches and divots in my living room and half bath window sills. They left grass stain on my cream living room carpet and a pile of cigarette butts at the end of my driveway. I was told they would do the install from 9 to 4. They showed up at 10 and didn't leave until almost 8 pm. On some of the bedroom windows you can see light from outside around the sill. Which makes me question the quality of the install. When they first showed up they complained that the front of my house was stone and that I had bushes in the flower garden. We signed papers on April 3rd and the install didn't even happen until August 30th. At the time of signing I was told it would be 8 to 12 weeks until the install. I was told that Champion Installers would be installing the windows. That was a lie. The men that showed up looked like they were pulled right off the street. The trucks they arrived in were not company trucks and they were not wearing any company shirts. You wouldn't have even known that it was champion doing the install. I guess the way they get away with saying they have Champion professionals is that they have one guy who actually works for Champion and the others are subcontracted (one guy had his grandson with him to help). And ironically, it was the actual Champion employee that was complaining I had a stone facade and bushes out front. He was also the one that did the horrendous caulking job. When he first showed up he told me that he wasn't going to take the flashing all the way to the stone which would have left an inch of the existing wood exposed. I told him no and the whole reason for the install was to have no maintenance. Leaving the wood exposed would have caused me to to have to upkeep with paint. He was not thrilled about my insistence that all the wood be covered. It seemed from the start that the whole job was an inconvenience for them. As of mid-October this project is still not completed. I had to make numerous calls and texts before anyone even attempted to contact me. And when they did, they would not listen and did not seemed concerned that the contractors left my house in worse shape than when they started. I was also told told that it is in their policy that they do not offer discounts or refunds. That set off warning bells. If a company has to have a policy about that, you know they know that their product and service is lacking. I would never recommend this company to anyoneRebecca S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Foggy windows indicate a failed seal and moisture in between the panes of glass. Find out if you can fix your foggy windows or if you need to call a pro.
If your double-pane windows fog up or you notice a draft, your window seals may be failing. Here’s what you need to know to repair or replace your windows.
Find window treatment in
- Huber Heights
- Tipp City
- Yellow Springs
- Saint Paris
- West Milton
- Ludlow Falls
window treatment in New Carlisle
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Carnation Blinds & Shutters2899 Culver Ave
- CENTRAL CARPET & INTERIORS3397 DAYTON XENIA RD
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Columbus209 Green Meadows Drive
LEWIS CENTER, Ohio
- CINCINNATI HOME IMPROVEMENT COMPANY LLC28 Cincinnati Ave
- Circle City Coatings1731 Expo Ln
- Carnation Blinds & Shutters
- Film Solutions408 Sharts Rd Ste 4
- Film Solutions
- GSI Contractors2700 North Emerald
- GSI Contractors
- LUKEN INTERIORS2272 W SCHANTZ AVE
- LUKEN INTERIORS
- Next Level Home SolutionsPO Box 752214
- Next Level Home Solutions
- On the Level Home Services1100 W 1st St
- On the Level Home Services
- Van Martin Roofing6344 Webster St
- Van Martin Roofing
- WINDO THERMPO Box 405
Hoosick Falls, New York
- WINDO THERM
- Xenia Glass & Lock283 S Detroit St
- Xenia Glass & Lock
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR