Integrity 1st Roofing

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2009

3675 Hauck Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45241

At Integrity 1st Roofing, our motto is, “it takes Integrity to do the job right.” Integrity 1st Roofing specializes in roofing, siding, windows, attic insulation and gutter installation throughout Ohio and Kentucky. Integrity is a family owned and operated company that is based on the principles of honesty and integrity. We offer competitive pricing with unparalleled service and customer satisfaction. Integrity 1st Roofing offers our customers a unique combination of high-quality workmanship, trusted experience, competitive pricing, plus the added reassurance that comes from working with a company that is committed to our communities. Alternate Phone: (937) 435-7663 Fax: (513) 563-4800...

05/09/2019

Michael B.

I wanted to comment on Integrity 1st Roofing. On 4/1/19, Shaun came to my home to inspect my roof and give me a bid on a replacement. He was a true professional. He explained everything to my satisfaction and explained each step that would be taken during the replacement. The communication from Carolyn in the office was also exceptional. She sent additional information I requested to aid in my decision and checked several times to ensure I had received it. A pleasurable experience all around. I would have no problem recommending this company to family and friends looking for a roofing estimate.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Shaun and Carolyn.

11/01/2018

Dwayne C.

Everything went smooth from the first phone call. I spoke with Pam and set up an appointment. As the appointment date rolled around we were having a multiple days of rain and wind. I got a voice message from Pam suggesting we postpone. I returned her call that evening at about 7:30PM expecting to leave her a message - she actually answered! A few days later Sean came by the house to assess the job and give an estimate. He walked us through every step and offered suggestions for our concerns. Integrity was the only company that actually set up the estimate to be done when I was home. Other companies “stopped by” and did nothing more than mail me a piece of paper. Sean even assured me that some work I had done a few years back was in great shape and didn’t need to be replaced as the other companies wanted to do saving me thousands! This was a huge job that involved traditional shingles as well as rubber roofing on a historic, three unit building. They took care of getting all the permits including certificates from our historic design review board. If you are looking for a great job with the best communication and follow up I have ever experienced, this is the company for you!

Description of Work
Replace shingled roof as well as a rubber roof on a large historic building. Also re-line box gutters.

Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate your business and it was a pleasure working with you!

12/04/2017

Tim H.

Roof is of excellent quality, and looks great. New insulation improved heating/cooling bills

Description of Work
Had complete roof install and new insulation blown into attic.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It was a pleasure working with you.

08/15/2017

Logan F.

They did a great job. They are very up front with everything and knowledgeable. I would indeed use them again.

Description of Work
We had some roofing work done.

Thanks so much for the review and your business!

08/09/2017

Ron L.

I had some concerns after the work crew finished, but the project manager addressed them to my satisfaction. I was very pleased overall.

Description of Work
Roof and skylight replacement

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your business!

08/09/2017

Joseph G.

From their office customer service, to their onsite crew, and from their follow up on the services performed..they did an excellent job all around. They completed the job the day of, even with running into an unexpected repair that my roof/chimney needed. They were able to fix that and stay right on schedule. Also, the business owner came back personally at the end of the day to inspect the work himself. All was done with the utmost quality. And all debris in the yard was cleaned up carefully after the job was completed. I would recommend them to anyone needing any work done on their home.

Description of Work
Need full re-roof replacement.

Thanks so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and we appreciate your continued business!

07/04/2017

Susan N.

Very knowledgeable, very professional, all promised work completed

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thanks so much. We appreciate the opportunity of working with you.

06/29/2017

Viv N.

Wonderful!! They are dependable, honest and efficient!

Description of Work
New roof installed

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You have been great to work with and we appreciate your continued business!

06/26/2017

Brian W.

Got the angies list coupon for roof replacement. They were responsive and professional every step of the way! Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Roof replacement- two story house

Thanks so much for the great feedback. We appreciate your business!

06/19/2017

Johnathan M.

The brochure say's that the owner or son will be on site to see the job through, that's far from the truth. After the son visit to secure the deal, make promises or elude to promises, don't expect to get a return phone call even to follow up. The job started with leaving roof items in the back driveway in clear vision of the street with my gate left open. I had to secure the loose walk away items in my garage to avoid someone from getting ideas. I was not staying t the house at the time, luckily I stopped by to check. When they arrived they did not even take an inventory to see if anything was missing until I pointed it out. They were messy with tearing of the roof and I had to remind them to clean my entrance and neighbors yard. I brought up the fact to the main contact go between (which is the secretary) after contract is sign that the crew was urinating in my back yard after I told them they could use the bathroom.There was supervision of the crew on the first day but nothing for the next day. I was billed over 1K for rotted wood replacement and I was told they would be pictures for proof but I was never was shown any. After the job was done, then came the review of the work and "where my check". A discrepancy was noted on the flashing but I was told they fixed it but never witness nor knew when they came. I got a phone call to see they did it and the secretary came to get the check. I still see one or two pieces of strip of plastic and green nails from the job on my 3K over budget roof from the Angie's offer. The price is no bargain compare to better professionalism all around from other companies from previous quotes obtained. This is a matter of you get what you pay for and being stuck after a $5,800 down payment.

Description of Work
New roof was installed

Randy, our field supervisor, over saw the roof install. The homeowner purchased our Angie's List deal for $5,800 on April 25th. On April 26th, our office manager called the homeowner and scheduled an appointment for Shaun to bring out the shingle samples and get the paperwork completed. That appointment was set for May 1st. When Shaun inspected the roof, he told the homeowner that there were some things that would be an additional cost above the Angie's List deal such as a 2nd layer of shingles that needed to be removed and most of the roof pitch was 8/12 and some was 11/12. These items are clearly detailed in our Angie's List deal. Also, the homeowner decided to upgrade to the Owens Corning Duration shingle and upgraded to the Deck Air ventilation system. He did not have to upgrade these items if it put him over his budget. A copy of the contract has been attached showing the upgraded items. He mentioned that he was stuck after making the $5,800 down payment to Angie's List, but Angie's List offers a [Member Information Removed] day money back guarantee. When Shaun met with him on May 1st, he gave him a tentative start date of May 18th. On May 17th, the office manager called the homeowner and told him that due to rain in the forecast on Thursday, May 18th and Friday, May 19th, we were going to have the materials delivered Friday, May 19th and the roof would be installed on Monday, May 22nd. The homeowner said that was fine. At 8:48 AM on May 22nd, our office manager called and talked to the homeowner and told him that the crew was tearing off the roof and discovered that there was a 3rd layer of shingles under the gutter apron and that there was rotted wood that needed to be replaced. The homeowner said that he was there at the job and that Randy had just told him that. We did charge the homeowner for the rotted wood that had to be replaced, but we told him that we would not charge him for the 3rd layer of shingles that had to be removed. The pictures of the new wood we installed have been attached to this review. I apologize that the supplier did not secure the gate when they delivered the materials. The homeowner did mention that he assumed that the crew had used the back yard as a bathroom since the gate was unlocked when he returned. I don't know if the guys did this. They know not to and I'm not sure why they would since the house was empty and they had access to the restroom. I am not sure what the homeowner means by no follow up. We followed up with a phone call the day after the purchase, two days before the materials were delivered, the morning of the roof install and again that afternoon, the day after the roof was installed and again two days after the roof was installed. I appreciate the homeowner's feed back as we are always striving for excellent customer service. Supporting Documents: [Removed Hyperlink]

06/19/2017

Gerry Q.

Great communication start to finish. Met with insurance adjustor to make sure all damage was in their estimate. Nice work & thorough clean-up. Completed on schedule with no surprises.

Description of Work
Replacement roof covered by insurance

Thanks for the review. It was a pleasure working with you.

06/02/2017

MICHAEL F.

Well, being a nice guy won't get you very far with this firm. Despite spending $26,000 on my roof, they told me that they were so busy, I would have to pay $450 for them to fix the missing downspout. Come on folks, we are talking about maybe 10 feet material and an hour of labor, if that. I sent the owner an aggressive e-mail which just seemed to make him all the more resolute about doing nothing to fix my problem (he said I should have been nicer!...I mean really, I offered to pay half the cost, how much more nice could I be). I filed a claim with Owens Corning who allegedly warranties their work and, lo and behold, have never received an answer. I am paying another contractor to correct this issue and then filling suit in small claims court against this company and Owens Corning. My advice: find another company because service after the sale seems to be a foreign concept to this company's owner.

Description of Work
I originally reviewed this company here on 12/10/15. They re-roofed my whole house at a cost of about $26,000. I thought I was unhappy until I looked at my roof this spring and noticed a missing gutter downspout and a corresponding green stain on my roof where the downspout should have been. I called the company and they sent someone out within a day or two (good job!). They then informed me that I had never had a downspout in the spot where the problem was located. Since they sell both gutters and roofs, I thought it odd that they wouldn't have mentioned that at the time they did the job. That fact notwithstanding, I simply ask if we could split the cost of correcting this since neither of us could be 100% sure of whether the gutter was re-installed improperly and blew away, or, as they claimed, was never there.

Category gutter repair, roofing

This roof is the same size as four average homes, very steep and two stories tall. The roof estimate was discounted down to $26,000.00 I assume I was the lowest bid, since he told me he was getting other bids and did not accept mine for several weeks. Here is the email the homeowner sent me asking us to discount the roof below the Angie's List discount. Our low price and great reviews is why we were chosen to do the roof install. "Dan, As discussed, if you can do the job for $26,000 with just your firm's 10 year labor warranty (not O/C's supplemental warranty), we'd like to award you the job. Signed contract attached. Please advise estimate start date or let me know if you truly are not able to accept the job. Sincerely, This job was completed at the end of 2015 and paid the 1st part of 2016 The homeowner loved the work and reviewed us 12/10/15. 18 months later he posted another review that was bad. What changed? He said he was being nice by offering to pay half the cost for the downspout which in reality is simply another way of saying he wanted us to do the work at a 50% discount. If our price was too high for him, he could have called a hundred other contractors. He called our office on May 15, 2017 and said that he noticed a missing a downspout that we must have removed while installing the new roof system. On May 17th, Shaun, our production manager, went to his house and met with him. Shaun noticed that the gutter never had a Gutter Outlet. To connect the downspout, a Gutter Outlet must be installed into the gutter and stuck down below for the downspout to attach. Since the gutter did not have a Gutter Outlet, there is no way that a downspout was ever installed. There is no reason for us to remove the Gutter Outlet as it is never in our way and there is no evidence of it being there in our before and after photos or by looking in the gutter for the sealant that would have been used to install the downspout originally. Shaun explained this and gave him an estimate to install a new one for $425.00. He did not like that and told Shaun to have me, the owner, call him. The next morning when I met with Shaun at our office, he explained to me what happened and told me that the homeowner wanted me to call him. I was leaving with my crew to go to the job site and was going to call him that evening. When I got back to the office, I was given another email that the homeowner had sent. Here is the 1st email he sent after Shaun went to his house. Pam, Shaun stopped out the other day and told me that he didn't feel the missing gutter was your responsibility because some connector or other wasn't in place which led him to believe that there never was a gutter where the hole is. While this explanation didn't make sense (as I will explain below), I offered to split the cost so this could get fixed and everyone would essentially be a "little unhappy". Shaun then told me that you guys were so busy, his minimum charge would be $450 and he wouldn't split the cost with me. I told him that was absurd for the following reasons: First, this job isn't worth $450, and, second, after spending almost $25,000 with your company, I don't expect to be treated like this. Shaun's explanation that the gutter never existed doesn't make sense because: 1. I have lived in this house for about 16 years and never noticed the whole in the gutter where the downspout should be, plus 2. Dan either walked the roof or used a drone to take aerial pictures of our roof to develop his estimate. Certainly if a gutter was missing he would have pointed it out because that's what your firm does for a living. Since nice didn't work, plan B is I would like you to immediately come back and fix this problem. I'm sure the gutter was there, but was not properly secured when the work was done and has since blown away. Nothing else makes sense, especially since your guys came back at least three times to tweak the work that your sub-contractors performed. Surely someone would have noticed a missing gutter downspout. If you decide not to fix this problem, my next step will be to file a warranty installation claim OC as they supposedly guarantee Dan's work. If that doesn't work, we will all wind up in small claims [Member Information Removed] (during your busy season no less). I will also revise my Angie's list and Yelp reviews. I apologize for being so aggressive, but the more I think about Shaun's approach to resolving this matter, the more upset I become. You have one week to fix this problem. Please confirm receipt of this e-mail via return e-mail. Sincerely, Here is the email I responded with: "Even though we have 100% proof that the downspout was never there, I was going to call you tomorrow to get it resolved. After receiving your threatening email, I will no longer even consider helping you with it and furthermore, we will not do any more work for you. In other words, the estimate Shaun gave you is null & void. If you want to contact the places that you gave us a review at, that is up to you. I will just provide proof that we did nothing wrong and the people that read the review will realize why you are changing your story. As a professional contractor, I too would have played nice. But for you to send the email that you did, I will not stand for it. If you want to take this to small claims as you threatened, I am fine with that. I will not be bullied or intimidated by you" His email to me: "I ask for you to call me. You didn't. Sorry if you took offense. I shouldn't have to ask twice." Shaun was at his house late the night before (after office hours). I got the message the next morning, but was scheduled to be on a job site working with my crew most of the day. The fact is, I was going to install a new downspout free of charge until I received his threatening email. If he would have at least given me 24 hours to respond or sent a nicer follow up email, we would be past all of this.

05/17/2017

Greg S.

Job was finished in a very timely manner. It's been several years now with no issues. Nice work!

Description of Work
Asphalt roof replacement

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business!

03/29/2017

Laura M.

Just great! I did have a problem with one beadboard sheet that came loose; they fixed it at no charge within a day r two of being notified about the problem.

Description of Work
Installing a waterproof flat roof on front porch and replacing beadboard underneath.

Category roofing, woodworking

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was a pleasure working with you!

03/27/2017

Mark C.

Pricing was the best of the responses we received. Work was scheduled quickly. Actual work did not complete on the original schedule which was 1 day. The process seemed to lack some control which lead to a glass coffee table being broken due to debris thrown or dropped from the roof. This happened in the back of the roof despite the work only being done on the front and the sides. (Integrity 1st did take off $ to cover cost of table). The Satellite Cables were left hanging off the roof when the job was "done." I had to get them to come back and fix that. In the end the roof was as expected and the cost was lower than others. If you are willing to deal with some hassle to keep your cost down this would be a good one for you. If you are looking for First Time Right without hassle you may have to pay a bit more. I chose hire again based mostly on a devil you know attitude as I don't know if anyone else would do it with less hassle and IFR did make it right in the end.

Description of Work
Had about 60-70% of the roof replaced.

Thank you for the feed back. We are human and accidents happen, but I'm glad we were able to make everything right. We appreciate your business.

03/07/2017

Kevin N.

They were courteous and very professional. I also feel that given the issue and its complexity they were quick to address it even with the rain and weather and they were very competitive on their pricing as well. Beyond that when the chimney did appear to leak a year later they honored their word and warranty and came back to fix the minor issues immediately.

Description of Work
I had 1st Integrity address a tough issue in an older rental home I own where the old Chimney was leaking and causing interior drywall and ceiling issues.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Thank you for the review. I'm glad we were able to get that leak taken care of for you.

02/08/2017

John S.

Well planned and well done. Follow up was excellent. Shaun is professional and attentive to detail. He makes sure you get everything you pay for.

Description of Work
Roof tear off and replacement.

Thank you for your feed back and kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you!

01/30/2017

Antoine T.

They came out and did the work, but our bathroom still had a leak and I asked them what else can be done, they never replied back to me.

Description of Work
Had a leak in the bathroom, was told it was probably the pipe boots that need replaced.

We were unaware that you did not receive our message from the last time we inspected your roof. Shaun just left you another message. I apologize for the miscommunication. You can call our office at 513-563-7663.

12/09/2016

pat H.

It was great. They did a wonderful job. They were neat, clean, respectful, everything done exactly how they advertised. It was a very good experience. They were reliable, on-time, excellent work and reasonable. I had no problem at all with the workers.

Description of Work
They put in 3 exhaust turbin in the roof and blown in installation.

Thanks so much for the great review. We appreciate your business and enjoyed working with you.

12/05/2016

Gail S.

They did good! Pricing was reasonable, it wasn’t the lowest, it wasn’t the highest, but they have such a good reputation. Good service and they were responsive, they are a pretty good company! There is only one thing I didn’t give them an “A” for, I don’t remember, but something my husband said, about he wanted special done and they forgot to do it.

Description of Work
Roofing.

12/02/2016

Mark S.

Went Great. The guys did a great job, they were polite and kept area clean. Dan explained the process and all went well. Again Thanks Guys

Description of Work
Walls and Attic Insulated

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business!

11/03/2016

Jill H.

They said they couldn't schedule a time to come out and look at my roof. Pam had to get back to me a day later. They looked it up on the internet and said my roof was too high and they were too busy. I live in a 1 story house. Very unprofessional! Will obviously never call them back and wouldn't recommend to anyone else. But don't worry, they are too busy to work on your roof too.

Description of Work
A new roof

Great customer service is very important to us. In order to give every customer and potential new customer the attention they deserve, we do not take on more work than our employee's schedules allow. We understand that it is frustrating when you have a problem that needs to be solved quickly especially when it is a leaking roof. Since we had committed work already scheduled for our crews and could not get out there in a timely manner, we feel it is better to be honest up front rather than take on too much work. All professional roofing companies get inundated with calls for leaking roofs, mostly due to unqualified roofers. We are sorry that we could not help you at this time.

11/02/2016

Fran S.

We contacted Dan Grimes and several other roofing companies. Dan's bid was in the middle but competitive. What we liked about him was that he is communicative and has integrity so we felt good about having him work on our home. Dan himself got up on the roof and found that there was weather damage. He had us contact our insurance and dealt directly with the insurance inspector. He walked through the whole process with us. We are very happy with the roof that Dan and his team installed. His workers were punctual and very courteous, as well as very conscientious. His company installed Owens Corning roofing system and we feel very confident about it after he walked us through each step of the material and quality. Dan treated us as if we were friends or family which made the whole process go very smoothly. We are very happy with the work his company did. We would highly recommend Integrity 1st Roofing.

Description of Work
They replaced our roof due to defective shingles

Thank you so much for your review. You guys have been extremely great to work for. Also, thank you for the other jobs you had us complete for you. We are grateful we had the chance to resolve your problems.

10/26/2016

Ryan B.

We were completely satisfied with every facet of the job. They were prompt, did a great job, etc. And they worked with our insurance company seamlessly, total turn-key solution to our roofing needs.

Description of Work
Integrity 1st Roofing replaced our roof and installed new gutters and gutter guards.

Category gutter repair, roofing

It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

10/25/2016

Mark C.

Went very well. Contractor completed the job in one day.

Description of Work
Complete roofing replacement except for plywood decking that was still in good shape.

Thank you so much for trusting us again to replace the roof on another one of your homes. We appreciate your business.