Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Yorkville, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Yorkville
- The Wright BuildersThese guys were fantastic! On time and on point. We had one deck that needed a complete overhaul, and another that we wanted extended. Start to finish, no issues. Took 6 days, with Eric doing most of the heavy lifting. We could not be happier with the result.
- J TechExcellent! He is VERY fast and effecient. My wife and I are extremely pleased with his work. We will be recommending him to everyone we know!
- T-Square Custom Remodeling and framingThe first time T-Square did work in my home was about 3 years ago. He showed up with his guys prepped the area where they were going to work. covered everything with plastic and started working. Although we had already signed an agreement They worked an entire day before he came to me for the down payment we had agreed on. The only days they did not show up were days that he advised me in advance that for some reason or other they would not be there that day. I was comfortable with that. When the job was done. I felt like I had cheated them. They went way beyond the call of duty to make sure I was happy and I can be pretty annoying when I'm not happy. I don't remember a lot of the other details but I am still enjoying my sun room today. He has gotten a little more busy I guess since then. It's harder to get him and his prices have increased but I'm always satisfied with the work
- Adams ConstructionExemplary! Adams construction was prompt and the quality of workmanship is excellent! Everything was clean where work was done. I love using my new entrance way to my patio several times a day. Adams Construction is so reliable and concerned about giving their customer the highest quality of work that I am going to have them put a new roof on my home
- J TechReceived a quote from Jeff in April which was much more reasonable than any other quote I got. It took him a while to return my phone call, but once he started work in June he was at my house every day including some Saturdays and Sundays. He was easy to talk to and took any changes I made in stride. He only took a few days off to do a smaller job here and there which is understandable considering the large size of this job. He obviously knows what he is doing and everything he completed is really great. I was impressed with his attention to detail. My house looks like brand new and I am thrilled with the completed product. Will definitely call Jeff for any other work I need done
- GXR ConstructionIt went very well. This is very HOT work at this time of year and I recommend this company for being diligent and mindful of getting the job done on time. Our home is far more pleasing to the eye than before and we are looking forward to far less snow/ice buildup t!his winter! I would and will have this gentleman back to do more work in the future and recommend him highly! http://us.mc1126.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage?fid=Inbox&mid=1_1820508_AMEbiWIAAU%2BsTjgvQwGzGy0NSsA&pSize=25&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&filterBy=&.rand=1267438202&acrumb=FtZLYHj3eKQ&pre=1&cind=368&enc=auto&cmd=msg.scan&pid=2&tnef=&fn=IMG-20110620-00016.jp
- HM Quality Carpentry and Handyman Servicescontractor was pleasant on initial visit. he was going to return in a week to fix a toilet issue and with quotes for other projects. i never heard from him again. a curtasey call to say he couldn't , wouldn't, or just didn't want to do the job would have been appreciated. not professional at all.
- T-Square Custom Remodeling and framingT was an absolute nightmare. we received a time estimate of two weeks, no more than three. it's been three months and the work is still not finished. our house was left an absolute mess for months with nails in the yard and deck, unsafe stairs for weeks, and no one cleaning up after themselves. trash and cigarettes have littered our yard. we are on the third time of him attempting to finish work correctly and the job still can't be completed. the dishwasher was installed incorrectly causing our basement to flood where we now have mold. no less than 15 times they have said " we will be there today to work!" and then have just not shown up, sometimes disappearing for weeks at a time. we now have to attempt to collect a partial refund through the court system. T is a smooth talker, friendly, and a great personality.....we trusted him. but he completely betrayed that trust with a horrible work ethic, unsafe working conditions, and unsatisfactory work across everything they've touched. I've never left a bad review somewhere, and was very hesitant to do so, as I know this can effect his livelihood. but I would hate for someone to go through this same experience when using a contractor
- J TechAlthough Jeff came out to look at some general carpentry workI wanted to have done, wrote everything down, told me he'd get me a ballpark estimate, told me he could do the work within 4 weeks, I never heard from him again. I've used Jeff in the past to repair my dryer and was very satisfied with the service and price and wrote a very good review reflecting that. However, I find it inexcusable to waste my time by showing up to evaluate work he said he'd do, make me wait four weeks, and then never show up or follow-up. I will not be using his services again
- Botelho General MaintenanceI hired Alan Botehlo after getting his name from a friend, saying he was between jobs. I called and met with him at the beginning of January and we agreed on the price of $800 for the removal of the old floor, laying and leveling of a new subfloor and installation of a new ceramic floor. We discussed how he would take $200 off the price if I wanted to work with him. He told me that he would need a $300 deposit. He took the deposit money and said he would be there on the following Sat. to begin demolition. I asked if he wanted me to get started, as I was anxious to have the work done. I started ripping up the old flooring (6 layers worth) and then the excuses started. My daughter is sick, my kids are with me this weekend, I have a wedding to go to, on and on and on. I finished the removal of the entire 20x18 by myself. Every time i spoke with him he told me to either call him Wed. evening or on Sat. morning. Being the trusting (sucker) soul that I am, I did as he said and he never answered or returned any of my calls. In April he changed his phone number. I was able to find his new phone and started leaving messages. When June arrived I had had enough and called to tell him that I would no longer need his services and I would like my money back. I heard nothing from him. In August I took him to small claims court. He never showed up but did call the court to say he was not coming but would be paying me back my money. After 30 days later and no communication I filed a "judgement" against him with the county. I have heard absolutely nothing from him. Here it is, Jan. 15, 2013 and I am still walking on a gutted floor. A couple of weeks ago I found another person who had once worked for him. Alan still owes him $900. His ex-employee said that he steals things on the sites. I came up missing the $100 Lowe's gift card I had purchased so he could get supplies needed for the job. DO NOT HIRE HIM FOR ANYTHING!!! Unfortunately, I learned a hard lesson
Contractors in Yorkville
- Business Description:our company was started in june of 2007 on the premise of offering customers reliable and economical home maintenance.we do not use subcontractors on any job we do we have a total of 4 employees with over 30yrs experience in home maintenace,we never charge for estimates,everything is done in writeing,all work is guarranteed or your money backRecent Review:Don arrived to look at our possessed 3yr old Samsung electric range. He assessed the it was likely the computer board and we ordered it and he can back to fix it. He is a really nice honest guy who follows through with kindness and respect. Very knowledgeable and great customer service. TerrificDavid G.
- Business Description:Broad vision. Careful thought. Hand-crafted design. Thats our motto. No job too big, or too small. We specialize primarily in kitchens, and baths. From complete rip outs, to direct replacement. We also do a wide variety of residential renovations such as, windows, doors, flooring, decks, additions, etc. Put your trust in a company who will not only get the job done, but will get the job done the right way. Free estimatesRecent Review:Matt has consistently gone above and beyond in his work. I have worked with many contractors in this area and he is the only one I will now use. The work is done quickly, beautifully and at prices that can not be matched. He is conscientious, on time, thorough and holds to his quoted prices. I have recommended him to several friends who are as equally happy with his work. Aside from the home repairs. He designed and made from scratch a gorgeous large shadow box to house my husband's guitar. Matt has also helped me figure out some redesign ideas that I will be having him do that I would never have thought of myself. I cannot recommend Matt highly enough. He is honest, respectful and his work is done to the highest standardsLisa T.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:General ContractorRecent Review:The work done was excellent. Workers were friendly and professional. We got frequent updates with status and next steps. We will be hiring for future work as well!Erin M.
- Business Description:With over 25 years of experience, I specialize in smaller handyman jobs to full home remodels as well as custom carpentry. We also offer pressure washing services, painting, and deck building & repairs. Our motto is “Where Quality Counts” because we believe the job should be done right the first time. Please contact me at 3156173388 and mention Angie's List when schedulingRecent Review:The job went well. Heath gave me a very reasonable estimate for getting the work done (including the new door), and let me know it would be a couple of weeks for them to get to it, as they had a couple other jobs that needed to be completed first. That seems to be pretty normal based on the other contractors I contacted for estimates. True to his word, Heath scheduled my job within about 2 weeks, and got it done in one day. He worked with me prior to that to figure out what kind of door I wanted, and the color I wanted it painted. So the door had been purchased and painted and was ready for installation by the time they came to do the job. The job was completed and came out just as I'd hoped, and the end cost of the job was exactly what Heath had given me as an estimate. I have been looking for a competent, trustworthy handyman/carpenter, and Heath fits the bill. I anticipate calling him again in the future for other handyman and carpentry jobsCarrie P.
- Business Description:Dependable. Honest. Reputable. We are a veteran-owned small business serving Central New York, operated by a personable, professional and quality-driven contractor. Jim Simpson Contracting accepts cash, checks and all major credit cardsRecent Review:Was too far out of their area but gave me some references. Felt this was good customer service overall.Sean D.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated. The Wright Family Group LLCRecent Review:Hired Eric for many jobs. Was pleased with his work and have more but he doesn't take or return calls anymore and seems to have no interest in making good on two repairs that he performed that developed problems shortly after. He was always paid and there were no issues working together and his wife was even cleaning for us until the pandemic began and we obviously couldn't ask her to come under those circumstances. When I called him a month ago he had an employee call us back who told us he was sick and now I see on here that he has actually been working. Why couldn't you call Eric? What happened that you cannot even work with us to fix minor things that are having issues since your repairs? After the amount of business we have given you without issue, this is rather disappointing behavior and now I have to pay someone else to fix your work and you have chosen to throw away a good client? If you had a problem you could have just said soDebbie M.
- Business Description:Adirondack Contracting is an all around general contracting company doing anything from siding, decks, windows, flashing, interior/exterior painting to framing, plumbing, light electrical, flooring (tile, lam-anent, hardwood, carpet, sub), drywall, plaster, joint compound and much more. ALL WORK IS GUARANTEED TO MEET YOUR 100% SATISFACTION. QUALITY WORK, DEPENDABLE PEOPLE, HONEST AND RESPECTFUL
- Business Description:Residential & Light Commercial General Constuction. Specializing in All Phases Of Home Improvements-Repairs-Renovations-Remodels. 30 Years Of Clean-Neat-Quality Workmanship. A Third Generation Contractor. Owner personally performs work &/or closely supervises its progress. Custom homes built, structural repairs, all modifications, plumbing-HVAC-electrical installations & repairs. Additions-Kitchen & Bathroom Remodels, Etc. Excellent Guaranteed Workmanship With References.Serving the 3 county ..
- Business Description:Complete Home Improvement Construction- We will provide new innovative ideas and designs to share with our customers and then find the best for the customers budget and desire. Our business is family based and will strive for your satisfaction with over 35 years of experience we finish the job to the customer satisfactionRecent Review:Very well! Very professional, organized, on time, fair price. Great guys, very easy to work with. <br /> I highly recommend them for any contracting work, small or large scale. <br />Robert B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- New York Mills
- New Hartford
- Holland Patent
general contractors in Yorkville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- J Tech910 Utica St
Oriskany, New York
- J.R.S. Builders862 Higby Rd
New Hartford, New York
- JCS Construction LLC3 Prospect St
Utica, New York
- Jewett Brothers Home Imprvmnts9917 Morgan Rd
Marcy, New York
- Jim Simpson Contracting7263 Ritchie Road
Stittville, New York
- JLS Construction10646 Wolcott Hill Road
Camden, New York
- Johnston's Home Improvement18 philip st
Ilion, New York
- JOSEPH PRIORE CONSTRUCTION CO316 ONTARIO ST
Utica, New York
- JS Eggan Construction11653 State Rt. 46
Boonville, New York
- J Tech
- Kalex Energy, Co6002 Trenton Rd
Utica, New York
- Kalex Energy, Co
- Laurie's Care And Cleaning ServicesP.O. Box 21
Lee Center, New York
- Laurie's Care And Cleaning Services
- Oren Construction IncPO Box 67
Hamilton, New York
- Oren Construction Inc
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Skinner Residential Remodeling, Inc.2802 Hatch Lake Road
Eaton, New York
- Steve Kotarys Home Improvements Plus8501 New Floyd Rd.
Rome, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space