Go Green Express Home Services

Founded 1977 • With Angi since February 2011

3.6

145 S William St

Newburgh, NY 12550

Go Green Express Home Services in the Hudson Valley is a cleaner, greener, and more cost-efficient home service company. All the technicians and staff at the company set their standards above the competition, making them the Hudson Valley’s premier choice for green plumbing, heating, air

09/30/2020

Christine P.

Simply stated, this company is DISHONEST. Their pricing is predatory and their professional recommendations CANNOT be trusted. We had a Navien unit installed by GoGreen for our elderly parents in 2017 (as recommended by Go Green). They advised that the system would be the most cost effective and efficient. One year after the install we were advised to do an antifreeze treatment ($2,200) and then subsequently, to have a water sanitizer installed for $5,000. While we did follow through with the antifreeze treatment we declined the water sanitizer. Now, at our most recent annual check up in 2020-we were told that the "system needs major repairs"-so much that the issues could not be told to me over the phone and an additional "service" appt (not covered by the service plan) was now needed. In addition, the annual tune up “could not be performed” due to the status of the system (again- even though the issues were not be defined to me). Finding it ironic that this much service would be needed for a system that was less than three years old, we had another HVAC company- who had much more reputable reviews come to do the tune up. The tune up was completed with no problems and we were advised that the system is in good working condition. When I asked about the recommendations, from Go Green they advised that unfortunately many HVAC techs must sell services in order to get commission and that the recommendations were not at all needed. I also read other negative reviews which mentioned the same themes where the sanitizer was being recommended. I find that incredibly disappointing and wonder how much money, time and stress we could have saved by going with a different company from the beginning. I hope that this honest and detailed review can provide forewarning for other who are considering hiring Go Green for their HVAC needs. We will never do service with them again!

Description of Work
Boiler install and service

Category air duct cleaning

08/21/2019

Martha M.

I would not recommend the company. They won't pay the damages and the claims was subrogated by the insurance company's attorney. The result of the poor installation and lack of expertise in the installation of the equipment created a water leak damaging the kitchen ceiling and bedroom floor.

Description of Work
They installed heat pump HVAC.

04/14/2018

John A.

Horrible experience I explained to the company exactly what i needed the customer service said the tech will come out see the part and go get it from supply warehouse. i was immediately hit with sales pitch for a contract and tried to sell me a water softener system back seating my initial problem. A couple of days later i received a call they could not get the parts and would have to change out the well for my system totaling 1600 ***? i found the parts online 123! I ordered the parts less than $100 and I can plug in the bulb and sleeve my self, charged me to come out and a diagnostic fee and attempted to force me into a contract basically holding the fee already charged over my head or lose it. Unethical company dishonest crooks. PLEASE BEWARE!!

Description of Work
Change a UV Bulb and sleeve

11/26/2017

MIKE M.

Last year I had a new furnace installed by Go Green for $5,000. (I have since realized that it was too much) In mid November I unexpectedly ran out of fuel oil and locked out the oil burner. I called go green in to remedy the situation. A nozzle replacement (not the nozzle recommended by the manufacturer) and cleaning of the electrodes later I have a 2 hour service call and a $650 bill along with a suggestion that I replace my fuel tank due to water and sediment contamination. The pump filter was not looked at even though the reported issue was sediment contamination.

Description of Work
Ran out of fuel oil and locked out of burner.

08/12/2017

Adrienne L.

They were excellent. I highly recommend them, highly. Excellent, excellent, excellent! They are great, amazing. I started using them in February and I'm still using them. We are in the middle of a project now. One thing was about $9000 and another thing was about $12000.

Description of Work
Heating and Air Conditioning

08/20/2016

Geoff P.

Efficient and friendly crew in sales and installation at GO GREEN. A/C failed in the depths of heat wave. We were up and running again with all new equipment within just a few days from my initial phone call.

Description of Work
Install replacement central air compressor and air handler

08/04/2016

Patience S.

Our shower suddenly sprang a leak which was draining into our downstairs fire place. I contacted Go Green who was very reassuring about our problem. They sent a plumber by the name of Phil who was fantastic. He was able to diagnose and fix the leak on the spot. We will definitely use Go Green in the Future!

Description of Work
Repaired our leaking bathtub valves.

Category plumbing

07/31/2016

Laura W.

We were very pleased when we called Go Green Express during a heat wave. The company who usually services our equipment wouldn't call back as they were too busy, even though we were regular customers. Over the phone, Go Green helped diagnose the problem so the tech could arrive with the correct part. The technician, Jameson, arrived and was polite, knowledgeable and professional. The office called and confirmed our appointment and got someone out quickly, even though we were not regular customers. We would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
We needed repair of two AC condenser units, approximately ten years old.

04/29/2016

Gloria G.

I had a flood in my kitchen and I called them and they came and fixed it and I bought materials to fix my sink and add things in. They ended up being way too expensive for the parts, they were overpriced for what they were. I did a service contract with them before I found out how much the parts were so I was glued to that. They left and then my kitchen flooded even worse. I called them to complain and then they were going to charge for what they broke. The manager called back and said can you please give us an opportunity to correct everything and I will suspend the service charge on your contract for a couple months. I knew that I was not going to call them back because I got another estimate for changing the hardware in my bathroom, based on the fact that they said it was in violation. But the city of Beacon said it was not in violation. I cancelled because that was not the field. They were disappointing; the estimates were inflated and they did not tell the truth. It was a con job.

Description of Work
I used Go Green Express Home Services

Category plumbing

Thank you for reviewing your service, [Member Name Removed]. As the Hudson Valley's premier home service company, we take customer satisfaction very seriously. I'm concerned because the notes that we have on record about your appointment are inconsistent with your review. A representative from our office will contact you shortly to further discuss the problem and to resolve it for you.

04/20/2016

Scot B.

I used Go Green originally as my AC/Heat maintenance which in the beginning were fine but then the company started rescheduling all my appointments due to them not having a person to send and finding out the day of that they aren't able to make it. This happened on three different occasions which was very frustrating when you have to use a vacation day or part of a vacation day from work. This was the start of my boiling point with the company. I began my project on doing my master bathroom and renovating it down to the studs and decided to try their plumbing by hiring them to install the plumbing work and a shower base. Now I bought the shower base and accessories prior to their visit. I supplied them most of the material things so they had to do little buying. When it came to the estimate the guy they sent just had no idea how to give a proper estimate. His initial was around $3,500 which then i told them he's crazy. He had to ask me what I thought I should be paying. I told him since I'm supplying material only about $1600 because it should only be about 4-5 hours of work if you are a good plumber and I got that figure because I have a family member in the business for over 30 years and that's what his plumber who is expensive would charge. So he had to make a call to the main office to see if they can lower the estimate. Finally they came back with $2,400 which was still too high but i needed the work done. I only agreed to the price if they would include all new shutoff valves for the faucet sink and the toilet, which they agreed too and were not happy that the plumber that they sent agreed to that. This should have been a huge warning sign for me and should have went with someone else but I was foolish. Now the guy started his work and I would never to think to double check his work but now I'll be always skeptical. I had my uncle and cousin come up since they own their own construction company to help me out with sheet rocking and putting up durock cement board. While we were installing we noticed that the sheets of durock were not matching up on top of each other over the shower base and decided to check on the level of the shower base. It was 3/4 of an inch off level. So not only am I paying a lot more than I should have but now the guy didn't even set the shower base in correctly. I called them up immediately and said they need to make this right. So everything came to a stop - sheet rocked what we could and removed the Durock and my guys went home to stall the project up. Finally the plumber came back and had to put a lot more mud down and level it correctly and I stood there while he did just that to make sure he did it correctly and he installed the shutoff valves while he was there. The only problem is now my project got put off for 2 weeks because I couldn't get my family members back up to help me finish. So I asked them is there anything they can do for me that would help satisfy this hold up. If they had someone who knew what they were doing the first time around this wouldn't have happened and I would have been done 2 weeks earlier. I was thinking maybe $500 off the project would have been nice but they refused. The only thing they offered me was more months free on the AC/Heat which only added up to $72 which I thought was insulting. So I cut ties with them completely and would never use them again. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
I asked for a shower base to be installed along with the plumbing changed from a two handle to one handle.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, home remodeling

Thanks for reviewing your service, [Member Name Removed]. We value your feedback; it's what allows us to grow and get better as a company. After a discussion with your wife, we have agreed to issue you a refund in the amount of $500 as compensation for the inconvenience.

02/14/2016

Robert R.

I utilized Go Green Express for around 2 years with their service contract and maintenance. I received a discount on additional maintenance because I had their service contract. I had an issue with my boiler and needed repairs, which I was told were due to parts needing to be replaced. I was should a book with pre-set packaged pricing with recommended solutions, which I thought was odd, because not every part required replacement. I stupidly agreed and the technician replaced parts for roughly 2 hours. A couple of monthly later I needed additional service, but I called another reputable company to fix the issue. I showed him what Go Green Express replaced and mentioned the price I was charged; he told me that I was ripped-off. He showed me each part that was replaced and went through what each part costs. The amount was less than $400 in parts. I asked him based upon labor and parts what he would have charged and he said not more than $700 all total. That is the last time I used Go Green Express. Buyer Beware!

Description of Work
Replaced boiler parts

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thanks for reviewing your service, [Member Name Removed]. Your feedback is valuable-- it allows us to get better and helps us to better service our customers in the future. Our records indicate that you called into our office at 10:36am on Saturday, October 29th, 2011 with a complaint of your boiler leaking. We dispatched a technician who arrived shortly after noon. He diagnosed the issue as a leaking relief valve caused by a waterlogged expansion tank with a filtrol valve. Our technician recommended that you replace the pressure reducing valve and install a new #30 expansion tank, automatic air vent, and pressure relief valve, all of which may have contributed to the pressure relief valve leaking. Upon completion, the technician piped the pressure relief valve to the floor as per building code, purged all lines of air, and tested the unit. Even though the price that you were charged was less than half of $3,000 that you list in your review, we recognize that sometimes our prices can be higher than other smaller service companies in the area. Although on first glance the products may seem to be the same, we pride ourselves in bringing more to the table than other service companies. We maintain an office that'll answer the phone with a live person for you 24-hours a day with the capability of dispatching a qualified technician to you around the clock. We stand behind our work-- the work that was completed for you came with a one-year parts and labor warranty. All of our technicians are background and drug tested before being hired and while they work for us, and are trained on a weekly basis while they are employed to ensure that we continue to provide you services that are on the forefront of the newest technologies and innovation. We're licensed and insured, which means you can rest assured knowing that the technician that we send will be adequately qualified and if, in the unlikely event, something does go wrong, you're protected by millions of dollars in coverage. Regardless of all of this, we're committed to ensuring 100% customer satisfaction. A representative from our office will be contacting you within the next 48-hours to further discuss your review.

01/18/2016

marcy K.

I was satisfied with the results of his findings and will use them in the future when I need maintenance.

Description of Work
Did a maintenance check on my central air and furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the review, [Member Name Removed]. We offer preventative tune-up specials yearly to help you keep your system in tip-top shape! We look forward to working with you in the future.

11/09/2015

Patrick C.

I had a leak from a small hole in my shower drain. I got Go Green's number from Angie's List, they came out the next day and gave me an estimate. The job was to open up the ceiling to get access to the shower drainage pipes and then replace it, which they gave me an estimate. They were going to charge me $340 just to open up my ceiling, I did that myself to save some money. They said they would reduce it by 15% if I signed up for a monthly service fee, which brought it down to $1400. Another plumber did the work, but he did not replace an entire pipe, but I was still charged for it. I called the company to get a partial refund, which they agreed, but much less than I should have paid. After the job was done i talked to several other plumbers, and I was laughed at. The work should have been done for $600 less than what I paid. By the way, when they sent a check for the overage, they misspelled my name.

Description of Work
I had a leak from my shower on the second floor that went into my kitchen.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you for reviewing your recent service, Member. We're always looking to improve, so your feedback is very important. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with the visit, and I'd love the opportunity to make this right. One of our Customer Service Managers will contact you to clarify and rectify this situation shortly.

10/16/2015

Theresa M.

The tech, Jared was very professional and knowledgeable. He explained some issues with the furnace and did not recommend putting the money into it to fix at this point as the furnace is old but safe and is in working order. He did suggest to replace the furnace in a about a year rather than put 1,000 into it at this point. The furnace is not running efficiently and we know it has not been for quite a while. Purchasing this house 18 years ago and the furnace being older already , we knew it would have to be replaced eventually. We are very happy with the service we received and would recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had our yearly furnace check up. Which had not been done for a couple of years. filter, screen and nozzle, vacuumed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for reviewing your appointment, Theresa. We're glad to hear that you're satisfied!

09/09/2015

Matthew S.

Every single company I talked to, given the above information, was completely aghast at the estimate GGEHS provided, stating that, at most, a new pump and tank should cost around $2000, if that was even the problem. In the end, I went upon the recommendation of companies found on Angie's List, as well as that of a couple of friends, and asked another company to take a look. Final result: needed a valve replaced. Final cost: $216. Will I need a new pump? Yes, within a couple of years. Will it cost $5700? Nowhere close. I would highly advise all to avoid this company if at all possible.

Description of Work
GGEHS came to the house to check out some banging we were having in a couple of pipes. Within 20 minutes, having glanced at the well tank and looked at the still closed well cap, the diagnosis was that we need a new well pump and well tank. Estimate: $5700. At that kind of number, I did the prudent thing: joined Angie's List and contacted a half dozen other companies in the area.

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you for reviewing your recent service, Member. We're always looking to improve, so your feedback is very important. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with the visit, and I'd love the opportunity to make this right. When you hire our company, you're purchasing more than just a well tank and a pump; you're purchasing a full-service plumbing, heating and air conditioning company with trained, licensed, and insured technicians. You're hiring a company with 24-hour office staff, so we can address your issues today and night. You're hiring a company who continuously has the best interest of the customer in mind and stands behind our work. Unfortunately, while providing this value, we can sometimes be more expensive than the competition. That being said, if you compare our prices to other large service companies in the area, I think that you will find them to be in line. We pride ourselves in presenting several different repair options to a customer with a problem-- this way, they can make the decision that best fits their lifestyle and budget. I'm sorry you feel like the options weren't clear. We'd love the opportunity to discuss this with you and make this right. A representative from our office will contact you within the next 48 hours.

08/12/2015

David M.

I had a boiler installed with Go green express and I couldn't be happier with the results. The crew came in the morning and was out by the afternoon. They were very professional and left the work area spotless. The boiler they installed not only works great but looks great too. Everyone I showed it to was highly impressed. I received calls from GO GREEN after work was done to make sure i was completely satisfied , I can't ask for more then that. Good job GO GREEN EXPRESS …. Thank's David Melendez.

Description of Work
Go green did a outstanding job, I would definitely recomend them and use them again .

07/18/2015

Jon Paul L.

The technician came to my house because I was having an issue with my upstairs AC where it was not cold air. After his 15-20 minute inspection of my unit he said that I was low on R-22 freon and that I had a leak somewhere in the line because the pressure was low. As well that my lines in the outside unit and in the attic were iced up (which I know is common when the air filter is clogged or the system has low pressure and you run it for a few days). I explained to him that the house I just bought was vacant for an extended period of time but the unit is only about 8 years old and it is a top brand. At that point he immediately tried to sell me a new unit. Saying that the leaks in "his opinion" are too big for his super sealer to fill. I was not shown any evidence of this. At that point I did not feel like I was getting an honest assessment of what was really going on. I said to the technician that I had to think about my options. I immediately talked to friends who said to get a second opinion. The second opinion technician from another company explained to me that there were no leaks in the system and that all the problem was that the I was low on freon from being vacant for an extended period of time. I was charged a refill fee, not the $5,500 for a new unit like the original technician wanted. He thought he could get one over on me and something seemed not right with his evaluation. I will not recommend this company to any of my friends or family as they immediately want to rip you off.

Description of Work
Removed air filter, check pressure gauges, look at condenser in attic.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the feedback,[Removed member name]. We're always looking to improve. First off, we're sorry you weren't completely satisfied with the service you received and would love the opportunity to make it right. One of our Customer Service Representatives will contact you within 48 hours. When using our company, you're buying more than just a repair. We want to provide a service that we can stand behind after the fact. Considering the fact that the refrigerant lines on an air conditioning system is a closed loop system and that you were low on refrigerant, our experience has told us that just adding freon may not be a solution that we could stand behind. There is probably a reason the refrigerant escaped. That being said, we pride ourselves on giving options and that seems like it may not have been the case here. We'll review this file with the service representative that was at your house and will contact you. Thank you, again, for the opportunity, and we hope to speak to you soon.

05/25/2015

Kristin B.

The inspection led to an estimate for $7000 to completely replace the system. My electrician repaired it for under $1000.

Description of Work
Tech came to inspect faulty heat pump.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello, [member's name removed] Thanks for your feedback. It helps us continually get better. When our technician arrived, he found an approximately 20-year-old air handler matched with a relatively new condensing unit. The issues we found were in the air handler. It appears that the wires were chewed by a mouse and there was a makeshift repair done that didn't correct the issue and wasn't up to code. Our tech suggested a repair option for you that was more than what you appear to have it fixed for; however, given the fact that we only do repairs that are up to building code, most likely we would have had to do more work. Additionally, given the age of the unit, and the situation at hand, our technician gave a replacement option. We're sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service and would definitely like the opportunity to make it better. A representative from our Customer Satisfaction department will be reaching out to you.

03/10/2015

Cathy R.

It went very well. We've had them for several years. They are very pleasant. They seem to be pretty thorough when they do their work. I'm very pleased. I have no dislikes. The price is competitive with anybody else. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They come to do different maintenance checks. Six months ago, they did my air conditioning check.

09/25/2014

jeffrey K.

As part of the contract i was supposed to get a CO detector. that never happened. so i called and spoke to them, they promised to send it, that never happened. i called twice more, and yup you guessed it, it still never happened. i asked to cancel the plan, i was then informed it had to wait for its one year anniversary to be cancelled. so i waited till the anniversary, and let them know that because they had not fulfilled their side of the agreement i was cancelling. well its now been 4 months and they are still billing me, so now i send them a letter informing them that i had cancelled, and they just call me on the phone , and leave me a message to tell me they want me to call them back to discuss cancellation. what do i need to do to stop them from billing me :O I find their business practices to be questionable. I would never use them again, and caution you to not use their services.

Description of Work
At the time of A/C annual cleaning in May of 2013 they convinced me to pay for a service plan, telling me i could cancel at any time. that turned out to not true. the cost of $355 reflects the monthly payments, including 4 months of "after cancellation."

09/12/2014

Ryan K.

The technician Abbas was very pleasant and nice. He was very knowledgeable and current on his craft. I wanted to replace three toilets, three sink faucets and a water softener. Where he quoted a price of $5700, which was VERY HIGH. I agreed because I didn't know any better and gave him a 50% down in check, but when my wife came over from work, she told me that we should cancel because they were ripping us off BIG TIME!!! I have gotten another plumber to come and fix all our problems and got the work done less than 1/3 the price of Go Green Express. Please do not use them!!!

Description of Work
Asked to replace 3 toilets, a water softener and 3 single handle faucets.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. I'd like to take a moment to clarify the quote that you were given; I believe that what you're referring to as a "rip-off" was actually our top-of-the-line option which included designer sinks and toilets and a premier water conditioning system. Part of our philosophy here at Go Green Express is to provide our customers with several options to complete their project. As experts, it's our job to educate our customers and put them in a position to make the purchase decision that meets their needs and budget. Our options range from including builder grade fixtures and equipment to designer plumbing fixture and superior equipment with extensive warranties. I'd encourage you to contact our office directly to clarify any questions that you might have regarding the options that we've provided for you.

08/11/2014

Samuel G.

We initially had GGEHS install a water softener which by the way, we are extremely happy with. It was one of the smartest investments we have made in our home. Their service, cleanliness at the time of installation, and professionalism was impeccable. They have also come to replace parts in one of our toilets and still provided the exact same level of service from start to finish. We plan on utilizing their services in the future because they are reliable and trustworthy, which are qualities that are hard to come by when hiring a company to fix something on your property. I have nothing but positive things to say about this company!

Description of Work
They refilled our water softener bin with salt.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water softeners

08/01/2014

Michelle G.

The visit went well. I called on a Thursday and was given an appointment on Monday with a window if 10 am to 2 pm. Jared, the technician, arrived at 11:00 and we received a phone call from the company to announce he was on his way. Jared came in and saw the main unit in the attic. Afterward, he explained that the cleaning would be a full day and explained the details. He gave us a written estimate of the cost to properly clean the ducts. Our home has 10 ducts and is 1680 square feet and the total cost would have been just under $1000. We paid the $107 for the service call, but will not likely contract with this company. The cost was more than we expected and we were told that the cleaning would not likely extend the life of the system, which is at least 20 years old.

Description of Work
The provider came to give an estimate of the cost to clean the air ducts in my 1680 square foot home.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you for the feedback,[removed member name]. I'm glad to hear that your experience with Jared was an enjoyable one. We send a team of trained technicians out to every one of our duct cleanings. The service includes a video inspection of the ducts prior to the cleaning, a brushing and vacuuming of the entire system, and an application of a product that inhibits mold growth. Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding the services that we provide!

06/01/2014

Paul P.

Work was done well and professionally. Our only gripe is that we feel there fixed prices are to high for the time they needed to make the repair.

Description of Work
Repaired a bad toilet gasket.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking a moment to post your review, [member name removed]. Unfortunately, we have no record of a service technician being at your house on August 7th, 2013. I can see that similar services were performed on May 11th, 2011, but the description of the work is inconsistent with the details of your review. Regardless, I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with our company at all. I'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you and make it right. You can reach our office at 845-562-6722.

04/01/2014

Kerri-Ann B.

I called Go Green for an emergency service. Technician arrived less with an hour of call. Abbas (technician) assessed the issue and advise of my options. I decided to proceed with the service offered and my new boiler was installed within hours. The tech was very professional, work area was cleaned and he offered an overview of the new equipment. Thanks GO GREEN for the excellent service, however, the cost was outrageous!!!

Description of Work
Replace boiler due to leak

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for taking a moment to review the service that you received, [removed member name]. I'm glad to hear that you were mostly satisfied with your appointment. Judging by your rating and comments, though, you felt as though the water heater replacement was too expensive. I'd like to take a moment to elaborate on the circumstances surrounding this event and the prices you were charged. You contacted our office at 3:32pm on Tuesday, April 1st, to report a leaking water heater. Our nearest available technician, Abbas, was completing a repair in Hudson, NY, which is over an hour away. We immediately dispatched him to your call and he arrived at 4:45pm. Abbas diagnosed a leaking water heater and was able to complete the installation that night in order to stop the leak and get you up and running with hot water. One of our distributors stayed open late in order for us to pick-up the material. Abbas worked for over three-and-a-half hours, and completed the repair at 8:45pm that night. As I'm sure you can imagine, providing prompt, reliable, and professional service never comes cheap, especially late at night. I'd encourage you to contact our office to further discuss any further questions or concerns that you might have.