Should you paint over damaged plaster? In almost all cases, the answer is no. Here’s why you should repair that damaged plaster before you paint. Plus, get tips for the best results.
Get matched with top plastering contractors in Geneva, NY
There are 0 highly-rated local plastering contractors.
Recent Plastering Reviews in Geneva
- Aqua CareAqua Care is a highly professional company, who did exceptional work at a fair price. They made sure that all work was performed to our satisfaction and have stood 100% behind everything that they have done for us. They are easy to communicate with and informed us of what to expect during each step of the process. Raul, Irit and their staff are a pleasure to work with. In fact we have been so pleased with their professionalism and responsiveness that we got rid of our previous pool cleaning service and have hired Aqua Care to perform our weekly pool service
- Bobby's Home ImprovementsIt went very well. He is very good. He is a little pricey but he does a very good job. He is very thorough. He has a couple of workers and they are very thorough and efficient. They do a good job. I've used him on several occasions for several different types of jobs including painting, plastering, masonry and other jobs. My money is well spent with him
- Steelrain Construction and RestorationAll went well. Considerate of my home and family. Cleaned up after himself daily. Was left alone and did not let my animals out and everything was fine without anyone home. Trustworthy.
- Dan Lyon Home ImprovementGood work, well rounded in his skilled, Cleaned up after his work every day. He came on time. Very pleasant man, very accommodating.
- AMERICAN PLASTER & DRYWALLIt went perfectly. George St George was very professional, knowledgeable and did the work to A+++ expectation. George was a master plasterer and painter. Very personable and informative. Explained everything that he was going to do.
Plaster Contractors in Geneva
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business. Our experience was brought down from 3 generations. We specialize in ceiling and wall repairs including water damage, stress cracks, sagging plaster, Victorian style plaster molding repairRecent Review:Incredibly well! We live in a 72 year old home. Our kitchen, living and dining room ceilings are long. There were two stress cracks in the living room ceiling, one in the dining room and kitchen. Vinnie is top-notch in all areas! 1. Punctual...said he would be here at 9:30 AM. Yes, right on the dot. 2. Personality...very professional and yet friendly. 3. Polite...asked if he could play his radio quietly. He could. 4. Clean...truck was spotless on the outside. First indicator to me that he would take care with the work. He presented himself quite well! 5. Beautiful results! He saw that the ceiling had been repaired before. Saw how deep the cracks were. No problem! He explained his process and materials and how they would solve our issues for many years to come. Vinnie was a pleasure to work with. No wasted time. Beautiful results. Will definitely call him again is other ceilings need to be repaired. Vinnie and his work are Top-NotchLinda S.
- Business Description:No job is to small or big. We offer any construction or restoration related services, and also landscaping. Call anytime for emergency issues like a leaking roof or pipes.Recent Review:My grandson loved his new swingset/treefort. No matter what project I ask Jason to do he does a GREAT job! Many more new projects yet 2 go and he is the 1st I call! <br /> <br /> <br />Deborah I.
- Business Description:Welcome to North American Light, Power, & Electric Corporation's Angie's List page. North American, or Nalpec, is a full spectrum service provider capable of serving you engineered solutions and precision results
- Business Description:Newcomb Painting and Papering has been providing Geneva and the surrounding areas with quality interior and exterior painting services for over 30 years. We are fully licensed and insured and are able to complete any projectRecent Review:They were very professional and very exacting. We had one little issue afterwards. A little area blistered up because of the time of the year and it rained. They came out right away and fixed it. He is well known in the area. He was very good and quick. His prices are average. There may be some that are cheaper but might not be as good. There are probably some that are more expensive. We couldn't complain about the price. We've used them before and would use them againPaula F.
- Business Description:Handyman work, General Contracting services, with over 25 years experience. Fully insured. Our motto "No job too big, no job too small" We are a small husband and wife owned business, therefore able to offer competitive pricing while keeping the quality of work high. We have a dedicated well trained crew
- Business Description:We are a dependable, respectable painting company that has been proudly serving Western New York for more then 10 years.With over 4000 satisfied customers. We offer free estimates an money saving discounts and promotions always available.we offer all types of painting services Interio
- Business Description:Preferred Exteriors and Renovations, Inc., is a full service siding specialists company owned by Duane Poole. Preferred Exteriors is a Rochester, Syracuse siding and general contractor that has extensive construction experience in residential and commercial construction. Chances are you have driven by some of the siding, roofing or drywall work they have performed and never even knewRecent Review:We hired Preferred Exteriors (Duane Poole) to construct an addition on our house. The addition was 24x14, 2 stories with a basement extension of the same size. The job was for the framing, exterior and interior construction including hanging the drywall. <br /> We completed the interior finishing (sheetrock finishing, painting, flooring, and trim) as a way to save money and we also wanted to match the existing trim and finish of the main dwelling. A lot of the trim work involved custom moldings of which we hand made. <br /> After interviewing numerous contractors and obtaining quotes from all we decided to hire Duane and his crew. <br /> Duane was very responsive with the quote and spent a great deal of time working with us to meet our very limited budget. While he was not able to get to our exact budget he was within a couple of thousand dollars of where we needed to be. Given the scope of our project his quote was exceptional. <br /> We started construction in December of 2014 and completed construction in May of 2015. <br /> Duane subcontracted the excavation, basement foundation, and electrical work. All were excellently done and we have not had any issues to date. We hired a plumber based on Duane'e recommendation and he did the rough-in for two bathrooms. Again an excellent job was performed and we have no issues. We have since used both the plumber and electrician for additional work because of their outstanding performance. <br /> The majority of the work was performed by Sean Mulligan who is part of Duane's crew. Sean did an outstanding job which actually made the finish work much easier that I had anticipated. The overall framing was within 1/8" over the total 24' span. This made laying the hardwood floors very easy as there was no messing around trying to deal with out of square floors or walls. In addition to the framing, Sean also did the insulation, windows, doors, and a lot of the sheetrock. Sean was also very easy to work with. He kept us apprised of any situations he encountered and freely discussed with us any issues that we felt needed to be addressed. All of this was performed during one of the worst winters in CNY in decades. Sean is a real asset to Duane's team and I cannot speak highly enough of him. <br /> The only slight criticism we had was that there was one occasion where communications between Duane and his siding crew was a little lacking regarding out of scope work that lead to some confusion. We had anticipated this situation when we started and discussed it with Duane but he did not tell this crew. This one situation required me to call Duane so he could remedy this of which he did immediately. So not a big issue. <br /> Overall we are extremely happy with the work that they performed given the terrible weather they performed it in. They were prompt, worked hard, did outstanding work, (Thanks Sean!!) and showed genuine concern that we were happy with the outcome. I highly recommend them for a project of this scope. <br /Tammy P.
- Business Description:General building renovations, remodeling and new construction. Have three employees & we do not use sub-contractors. All work is done by C & G Construction. We do not leave your job until work is fully completed and acceptable to you. All our workmanship is "fully "guaranteed". Once you use C & G you will always use C & G "guaranteed". We have been in business continuously for 39 years, and that is our best referenceRecent Review:Seemed professional and said he would call us the following Wed. but to call him if he had not called to remind. Called 5 times, left messages and never responded back. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!Linda C.
- Business Description:Murphysmasonry.com "Yes We Can Build That"
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plaster contractor articles
You can find plaster walls in a lot of older homes. What’s behind these walls—whether that’s lath or calcimine—can have an impact on how long they last. Finding out the age of your house can help you determine what you’re dealing with.
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Find plastering contractors in
- Clifton Springs
- Seneca Falls
- Penn Yan
- Union Springs
plastering contractors in Geneva
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Alpine Home Improvement Co268 Route 6N
Mahopac, New York
- Alpine Home Improvement Co
- C & G CONSTRUCTION COMPANY1007 PARK AVE
Utica, New York
- C & G CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- Jaer Baer Enterprises359 Michaels Rd
Mocksville, North Carolina
- Jaer Baer Enterprises
- Murphys MasonryLake Rd and Emma St.
- Murphys Masonry
- Newcomb Painting & Papering12 Genesee St
Geneva, New York
- Newcomb Painting & Papering
- Preferred Exteriors and Renovations Inc6041 Lake Ave
Wolcott, New York
- Preferred Exteriors and Renovations Inc
- Tripp's & Carroll's Property Maintenance Services18 Kendall Street
Clifton Springs, New York
- Tripp's & Carroll's Property Maintenance Services