Drywall, also known as gypsum board, is a standard construction material used to build walls for homes and commercial buildings. Specialized drywall repels water, reduces sound, and more.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Downsville, NY
There are 2 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Downsville
- A&F ConstructionI have used Eric (A & F Construction) for many years and covering many different projects. These have included roofing, siding, gutters, storm doors, window replacements, trim and the like outdoors, and small electrical and plumbing projects, sheetrocking, flooring, and general renovations indoors. As with this project, he is always reasonably priced, honest, very capable, fast (once he gets free to start the job!), and VERY finicky about the quality of the finished project. More importantly, he always makes certain to understand what I want out of the project, and this sometimes involves unusual or custom installations (such as sealing the gaps in the decking for this project, modifying the handrails to fit existing construction, and cutting full-length columns in half to match what was there in the past). I wish I could include pictures to show how good the porch looks! Will I hire A& F again? In a heartbeat if Eric will have me
- AMV Interiors and Construction IncAleks was terrific. I'm very happy with the job he and his men did. Great work. He's punctual, reliable, honest and very helpful. He finished the work on time! I will be using him again to renovate and redesign my kitchen. I highly recommend AMV Contracting.
- Sean Commerford Painting, Inc.We hired Sean to paint the inside of our house and were so pleased with his work we ended up having him and his team do the exterior of our house as well as our floors. We are really pleased with the work both inside and out and everyone has been extremely complimentary of the work. You can tell he genuinely cares about executing high-quality work. He is creative and honest and we would definitely hire him again! Thank you Sean & Corey
- Maple City Contracting CoWhen my husband and I purchased a retirement home in New York, we had no idea how to go about finding the right person to do our remodel, especially since we lived in another state. Luckily, my husband found Larry Becker of Maple City Contracting on Angie's list after a bad encounter with a shyster for lack of a better word. Mr. Becker is a highly honest, knowledgeable, and excellent contractor. Not only that, but he actually communicates with his clients. Communication for us was key; we knew the work was going to be extensive and that we couldn't do it all at once, but Mr. Becker worked us into his busy schedule and responded to every one of our emails, and believe me, we sent a lot. For all these reasons and more, we found Larry's professionalism to be off the charts. He is someone you can definitely trust. Furthermore, he and his crew do outstanding work. The craftsmanship is laudable and meticulous. Being a lover of HGTV, I had many ideas and wanted things done right. After all, we were paying for a contractor's expertise, so that's what we expected, and with Maple City Contracting, that's exactly what we got. I could go on and on about how awesome are experience was and still is with our contractor as we approach the final stages of our remodel, but I'd rather just end by saying that everyone who has seen the interior of our house, admires the carpentry and wants the name of our contractor. Mr. Becker and his team's work speak for itself. I'd give him three thumbs up, but I only have two
- NU-Life ResourcesJeff was invaluable in helping to assess a mold issue on a property that we were trying to purchase. He quickly returned phone calls, answered questions in an understandable way and gave direct clear advice. I highly recommend Jeff and his company!
- NU-Life ResourcesJeff and his crew are amazing! They are punctual, professional, and do a beautiful job! They were done earlier than expected, and the invoice was under the estimate. I would do business with NU-LIFE Resources in a heartbeat! Thank you for all your help, Jeff!
- JGP Carpentry and ConstructionIt came out just as I wanted and it was done in less that a week. The work is very good and the workers were very respectful. I would definitely hire them again.
- S & G RoofingS & G Roofing has earned our highest respect for being a premier company who tackled our very steep and complex roof. They arrived punctually on the scheduled date to prepare our home and landscaping with protective shielding the day prior to the installation. The next day they arrived at 7 a.m. with 2 full crews to remove our old shingles and install the replacements. Every member of this remarkable crew was polite, professional, safety conscious, and focused. Seemingly indefatigable, they only broke for lunch and never stopped again until 8:45 p.m. They all were well-trained in their roles and anticipated the needs of their work mates. Upon completion, their cleanup operation left our property in pristine condition. The ever-present supervisors must be commended for their professional, superbly orchestrated masterpiece, our perfect new roof. Kudos, applause, done in a day! You will be well-served by S & G
- Northern Enterprises General Contracting, LLCJust wanted to express my gratitude to George Ludwig and all his hard working folks at Northern Enterprises! My aunt was away from her home in Granville NY because she was helping care for my parents who both had medical issues in Virginia. Well the furnace went out, and the pipes burst and this resulted in water damage. I was helping her out with the insurance claim because she was busy with my folks. I was so lucky to find Northern Enterprises online. Not only was George Ludwig very responsive, he really helped handle the insurance claim too. We could not come back to NY to deal with any of this in person and it was just as Covid-19 was starting to be a concern in the states. George kept in touch with me by em-mail and text. He sent us any documents that we needed to sign, he sent photos of the work as things were progressing. He even waited to receive the final payment for the work he did until after we got the final payment from the insurance company. Not only did he do the work we asked, he did it with excellence! He went over and above anything that we expected. The house has been restored beautifully. And we never felt like we were at a disadvantage. There were no hidden expenses or unexpected expenses either. George made sure everything went well. He is a man of integrity who you can really trust. This whole thing started in January 2020- and George had it all squared away by early March. THANK YOU GEORGE
- Complete Contracting IncComplete Contracting came out and gave me a very reasonable estimate. While he was on the roof he did a quick look around and took care of any spots that may become issues later down the road. He also came back later and opened up the ceiling, did a full look at it, and removed any suspicious looking insulation and sprayed anti mold. I'm happy with the services provided, he was professional and took the time to make sure I was happy with the results. I've already recommended him to a few other people
Drywall Contractors in Downsville
- Business Description:Hill Top Home Improvements offers a wide range of services. Painting of exterior and interior, residential and commercial. We can also accommodate most repair needs. Drywall, Windows, Pressure Washing, Staining for decks or Out building. We also have experience in Masonry work both inside and out. We are a family owned and Operated Company with 20 years of experience. We take great pride in our work, and we are strong believers in Making our mark. Our Name is our word and our promise to youRecent Review:Quick and efficient. Work was very professional.Janet W.
- Business Description:At Ace Handyman Services, we want to help you love your home. You can expect the best in repair, remodeling, and/or routine maintenance. Our office is locally owned and operated by Nate and Amy Creery. We believe in providing exceptional customer service, fair pricing, and top-notch home maintenance solutions in the Southern Tier. We gladly provide the best quality workmanship in a timely manner. As a commitment to you, we guarantee all of our work and our handymen are bonded and insured for ..Recent Review:I made the phone call on Monday afternoon. A very professional young man was at my home Wednesday morning, and by the mid afternoon it was all fixed and looked like nothing had ever happened to it. I told him he was the answer to an old lady's prayer! The only drawback was the price, but in these times everybody needs to make enough to take care of themselves and their families, and he did spend quite a bit of time on itlinda B.
- Business Description:For more than 10 years, Logan Balla has been working hard at making things work! Whether you need something fixed, replaced, installed, maintained, updated, or fully renovated, Owryen Interiors strives to exceed your expectations. Owryen Interiors is a husband and wife team that has been doing business in this area since 2004. I choose to work in this industry because I love to see a finished product that I can be proud ofRecent Review:At first, Logan appeared to be very dependable and timely. It took him a while to get back to us with a start date, but that part was okay as he was very busy. It was soon after he got started in which he began showing up later and later each day, leaving early each day, or not showing certain days with only a text message later in the afternoon stating he wasn't feeling well. He then text us and asked for more money as the project was "taking longer" than anticipated and was also "harder" than originally anticipated. Texting for more money is only slightly unprofessional, right? As he was nearing the end of his time in our home, I was looking through the work and began to notice paint all over the edges of my tile floors, on my wooden floors upstairs, and on my bathroom floor which wasn't even a room being painted by him. There is also paint in the carpet going up my stairs and under my railings. There was paint that was left in my bathtub from him rinsing his materials (which is fine, just clean up after yourself is all I ask). The paint has been chipping off of my molding and my stairs, the wall has cracked where he "repaired" and the work has to be re-done. Now, 3-4 months later, we have since hired another contractor and are paying additional money to correct Logan Balla's errors in our home. Professional and quality work is truly lacking in the area in which we paid Logan to repair within our home. This work is truly disappointing and I would highly suggest looking into another contractor if you have work to be done like mineTyler Y.
- Business Description:Woodchips Construction Inc. is all about flexibility, innovation and above all, results. Our team of experienced builders and dynamic designers will focus on your precise wishes to deliver cost-effective solutions to any project. Whether it's a dream house or commercial project, Woodchips Construction Inc. has the skill, expertise and talent to exceed your expectations. Woodchips Construction Inc. seeks to retain only the best talent in the industry. With our dynamic engineers, designers, ..Recent Review:He provided a professional and timely estimate.Renee L.
- Business Description:fully insured, 14 skilled carpenters and roofers, licensed autocad draftingRecent Review:Excellent job on replacing roof on 100+ year old home. Conscientious and dependable. Follows through on projects and makes sure customer is happy. Would gladly use them again.Bennett H.
- Business Description:Owner-operated.Charges determined by the job.Recent Review:The entire kitchen project went without any major problems. There were a couple minor problems with the cabinets fitting and Rob made the necessary corrections to make it all fit. <br />Dan S.
- Business Description:Residential Construction
- Business Description:We are a residential and commercial construction company. We build, design and engineer new construction projects as well as provide demolition, renovation, restoration, remodeling and servicing services.Recent Review:original projects went well- not perfect but acceptable- minor issues included sections missed when painting, railing in back not stable. <br /> reasonable satisfaction and good price led to more projects- the drywall was okay- minor issues- baseboards not removed so imperfect transition of drywall to baseboard including overhang of drywall. drywall has developed seams showing through. <br /> bathroom remodel went okay- however a few months later- discover/realized that latex sealer?caulk was used allowing water to escape from shower into adjacent areas to develop mold. also discovered i am allergic to mold. <br /> snow blockers/diverters came off from snow the following winter. <br /> The crew was nice but many were clearly not experienced. radio was quite loud at times. behind my shed was used as a toilet- i was advised by my neighbor that a man had been peeing back there. crew was critical of employer at times. <br /> when billed (over phone) for the last of the work some time later after the snow diverters came off the roof and the mold discovered- i advised i would not pay. <br /> did not hear anything for somewhere around a year when i received a written bill, the next day or two i received a collections bill- i advised the above and have heard no more. <br /grace h.
- Business Description:General Contracting and Stone Masonry. 30+ years of experience. OSHA & RRP/Lead Certified. Dependable, quality workmanship, cost effective and insured services. Portfolio & References available.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Determining drywall prices for your project can vary depending on where you live, what type of drywall you need, and the size and shape of your room. This guide will help you calculate how much drywall will cost for your project.
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Find drywall contractors in
- Livingston Manor
- Swan Lake
drywall contractors in Downsville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- C & G CONSTRUCTION COMPANY1007 PARK AVE
Utica, New York
- CBC Construction20 Whitetail Crossing
Livingston Manor, New York
- Christian Brothers Construction31 Main Street, Suite 5
Oneonta, New York
- CLD Custom Carpentry169 stone mill rd
Hudson, New York
- Countrymen Contracting118 Washington Ave
Cobleskill, New York
- C & G CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- Erb Pro Contracting4 Fox Hill Rd
Northville, New York
- Erb Pro Contracting
- K P Enterprises Inc2605 Ferry Ave
Niagara Falls, New York
- K P Enterprises Inc
- Off Campus, Inc.143 Main Street
Delhi, New York
- Off Campus, Inc.
- Sanders Designz106 New York 17C
Waverly, New York
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- Scott Wood Contracting393 CR 25
New Berlin, New York
- Severance Construction38 Forest Rd
Massena, New York
- SPH Services LLC100 Stone Ridge Rd
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
- Stanley Steemer - Vestal2325 Owego Rd
Vestal, New York
- Steelrain Construction and Restoration115 Co Hwy 29
Davenport, New York
- STORIE CONSTRUCTION88 River Lane
Ogdensburg, New York
- Sullivan Builders Inc57 Snow Hill Rd
Parksville, New York
- Sanders Designz
- United Construction323 e 14th st.
Elmira, New York
- United Construction
- V M A Painting4 Hutchins St
Batavia, New York
- V M A Painting