Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Dover Plains, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Dover Plains
- Russell B Bleakley Plumbing & Heating IncI've used Russell's company many times over the years. We have needed everything from leaking pipes to a bathroom project. They have handled everything quickly and problem free. I will recommend them to anyone who asks.
- Residential Handyman Services of dutchess CountyGil was professional and very timely in contacting me and arriving to get the work done. I am very pleased with the job he did.
- PERMA CERAM OF WESTCHESTER INCFast, Easy & Very Nicely Done by Some Very Nice Individuals. Cost was less than what I had expected - Overall: A Very Happy Customer :)
- Bath Fitter of NY & Northern NJWe just really love the quality and the look of bath outfits. They did a very good job of putting it in and it look fabulous and it is still a year later and it looks like a brand new. We are very very happy with it. The staff are very friendly. They take the time to talk to us and I thought that was a good thing. We have already used them twice and we will do it again
- PTR Tub & Tile RestorationsThe bathroom was a horrible pink and light blue color tiles with a light blue tub. The tiles and tub were re-glazed white. They installed new tiles and it came out perfect!. The bathroom looks bran new!! The results were better than expected.. the workers were very professional and extremely neat.. we are planning on doing the other outdated bathroom next.
- PERMA CERAM OF WESTCHESTER INCI was very pleased with the whole experience! The man arrived before his appointment, worked quickly, cleaned up well, and did a quality job. When I decided to redo my bathroomI was unsure about getting a new tub or if I should deglaze the original cast iron (they don't make em like they used to). I'm glad I decided to keep the original. Cost was comparable to what I would have paid for a new tub, but the old one is cast iron and in great shape and now looks brand new with the shiny new white finish. Very happy! Thank you! Btw, this was done almost 9-10 months ago now and it still looks the same as the day he did it
- PTR Tub & Tile RestorationsMike was great to deal with. Very responsive. Took my call on a weekend and directly answered all follow up calls. Chose PTR based on Angieslist.com reviews....right on. My first attempt at finding someone for the job came from a contractor's recommendation. Unfortunately, the other vendor only worked through an answering service and never responded for days on end. Mike, however, readily coordinated with my contractor. Contractor came in on a Monday to remove the sink and toilet and take up the old linoleum floors. Wesley showed up early on Tuesday and set to work. Very professional, clean, orderly....and what a fantastic job....looks incredible. Next day, contractor came in and laid 1/4" plywood on the floor to support the new tile floor. Unfortunately, the contractor scratched the new tub surface in several places. Called Mike at PTR and he had Wesley return return and fix the damage...no additional cost. Thanks Mike and Wesley for being so professional and great. We love our new tub and bathroom. Would recommend PTR to anyone
- PTR Tub & Tile RestorationsThe results are great so far. The tub appears brand new and with a new color that matches our entire bathroom remodel. Very professional and couteous service. The gentleman who came (Billy) seemed to know what he was doing. We are very happy.
- PTR Tub & Tile RestorationsAll went very well, Mike answers the phone when you call and he was able to schedule me within a week. The men he sent were a pleasure to have in my home. They were respectful of my home, very professional and did a beautiful job reglazing two sixty year old bathtubs, ( one blue/one pink ) now a fresh bright clean white. Love it and am very happy, would highly recommend Mike Vinci and his company for any work you need done
- PTR Tub & Tile RestorationsI contacted Mike at PTR a while back when I was researching having my 28 year old blue faded fiberglass tub enclosure refinished. I got a response from my Angie's List inquiry almost immediately. Mike was very professional to deal with and spend time explaining the process to me. I was trying to decide between refinishing and renovation. The cost and disruption of ripping out the old fiberglass tub enclosure were huge. It would have cost me ten times more to renovate, and refinishing resulted in none of the disruption. Just wait 24 hours for it to cure and your bathtub is operational again. I did a great deal of research on the different processes and materials used, and after a much too long decision process I finally decided to proceed. When I got back in touch with Mike from PTR, he was extremely responsive, and available by both phone and email. I told him that I wanted to proceed, and he was extremely accommodating to get the work done on my schedule, with fairly short notice. On the day of the job, Billy from PTR arrived on time and took time to prepare the room, install ventilation and generally treat my home better than I do. He answered all of my questions and explained what he was going to do. The process does result in some odor, but most of the smell is exhausted out, and what's left dissipates quickly. When the job was done, I was truly amazed. Billy took all of the material to prepare the room out with him, leaving nothing behind but a white tub unit. I was expecting a white tub, but I was not expecting it to look as good as it did. It looked like a bright white unit with a ceramic finish. It completely brightened up the room. After the 24 hour curing period, I installed sliding glass doors with satin chrome hardware and the unit looked incredible. I plan on replacing the toilet and the vinyl floor with tile, and will end up with a completely updated bathroom for a fraction of the price. If you have an tub or shower in an outdated color, this is a very smart way to go. I was extremely happy dealing with Mike from PTR and his crew, and the results were excellent. I would recommend them for bathroom refinishing without hesitation
Bathtub Refinishers in Dover Plains
- Business Description:Owner operated business with over 10 years experience in Handyman, painting and remodeling.Recent Review:Gil was professional and very timely in contacting me and arriving to get the work done. I am very pleased with the job he did.Nancy L.
- Business Description:Shapiro Construction is experienced and skilled in a variety of areas. Privately owned and operated, with over 10 years of experience. Our small crew is highly skilled, so we are able to keep costs efficient. We take pride in honest, timely communication. Some of our services include: Remodeling, framing, metal roofing, finish work, doors / windows, weatherproofing, insulation, decks / patios, painting, interior design, furniture fabricatioRecent Review:I was unable to be present when the work was being done and Daniel supplied me with all progress photos and the finished product is fabulous. My house is left clean and he even move the furniture back into place at the repairs are made. Without a doubt The best experience I’ve ever had with any contractorVincent B.
- Business Description:Final Finish specializes in cabinet, bathtub and countertop refinishing aspects of kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Unlike franchise refinishing companies, our service is of the highest quality and durability. That's why we're the only company that backs it up with a 5 year warranty. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:One of the owners went away for holidays which I wasn’t aware of. Would have waited till after holidays to start work.Moira M.
- Business Description:Absolute Shower Doors Mirror & Glass Inc has been providing exceptional service to the NY Tri-State area for more than 20 years. While our name implies that we do mirror & glass, we decided long ago to focus on one thing and be the best at it. This is why all we do all day, every day is shower doors and enclosures. We hope to have the opportunity to have you as our next customerRecent Review:I went to get a quote in August for shower doors. I met with Katie and she was helpful with giving me some ideas and quoted me pricing for sliding doors and hinged doors in oil rubbed bronze. I did my part in shopping for 2 other quotes but the quality, professionalism and flexibility was beyond any other company. Even though they are a bit pricier than other companies it is well worth it for the quality you receive. Upon installation, the gentlemen that came were prompt and courteous. They did an excellent job in placing my new shower doors and giving me instruction on how to care for the new doors. I will definitely use them again when I re-do my boys bathroomLuis G.
- Business Description:Perma Ceram of Westchester, Cortlandt Manor, NY has a formula that will resurface your old bathroom surfaces at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives, and in little as one day. We offer a variety of colors to make your bathroom look new without any of the hassles of major construction! Perma Ceram of Westchester is a family owned and operated company serving Westchester county since 1978, although our work is not limited to this areaRecent Review:Very well, they came to pickup the color sample and delivered July performing the job in the timeframe we agreed upon. The people were very professional and arranging.Florian L.
- Business Description:When homeowners & commercial property managers in Colonie want to update their bathtub or shower without tearing apart their bathrooms, they call us. Additional service areas: Ulster, Duchess, Putnam, Orange, Sullivan & Schoharie counties. Franchise owned and operated by Instant Bath Inc., doing business as Bath FitterRecent Review:MAT AND HIS HELPER WAS ON TIME, PROFESSIONAL, CLEAN, COURTEOUS, AND KNEW THEIR PRODUCT WELL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM AND THEIR PRODUCT EVERTIME. EXCELLENT JOB.William F.
- Business Description:Here at Your Vision Contractors we are without a doubt the best at what we do, and it always shows in our work. We take pride in our professionalism, our employees are always timely and dressed professionally. With over 14 years of experience in our trades, you can be confident that you are hiring the best company to provide your handyman and construction needs. We look forward to earning your business! Allow our team of professional contractors to assist you in turning your grand vision into..Recent Review:Started late due to Covid and understandable. Once started, either late or didn’t show up. Owner and workers fighting verbally in home. Did not clean up until I finally asked to clean up dust from plaster. Asked for more cash to buy paint and supplies in between job. Then asked for $3,000 over estimate in addition to money already paid. Never responded to request to review invoice. Very unprofessional and would not recommend to anyoneMartin S.
- Business Description:Empire Today®, Makes Beautiful New Floors Easy. Call 877-733-9131 for Carpet, Laminate, Hardwood, Vinyl, or Tile flooring. Empire is the easiest way to get the best value and a professional experience. Call 877-733-9131 to Schedule a FREE In-Home Estimate and samples will be brought right to your home. Get professional room measurements and an all-inclusive price estimate. We offer professional installation when you want it around your schedule. Empire’s convenient shop-at-home service and pr..Recent Review:NOTE: Empire is just the liaison to the installers, there are no actual "empire" employees, which I was not aware of. Also, hardwood flooring needs to be acclimated to the climate in the room its being installed in approx 2-3 days prior to prevent from peeling, lifting, creeking, etc...I asked for this and was told it comes pre-acclimated to the warehouse (hm, the warehouse and my house most likely have different climates - strike 1). I begged to have the floor delivered with the carpet I was having installed 3 days prior to the floor. They accepted, carpet guys came, no hardwood floor - strike 2. The day before the hardwood floor is to be installed I was called and told it can't be done because the warehouse doesn't have inventory and need to push it back a day - strike 3 (now the floor won't even come acclimated to the warehouse climate). Floor and installers finally arrive and after 9 hours of work to install in a hallway and the landing of a staircase, I come to see the job wasn't done as expected - strike 4. There is a bump in the floor, the planks are not flush and they didn't fix the step under each landing to make it perpendicular with the overhand of the landing. It looks like they laid a hardwood floor over a carpet. I called empire to have them have someone come fix the floor and it took 2 weeks to get a response - strike 5. They asked for pictures, which I sent the same morning. It then took 8 days to get a call back after numerous follow up calls - strike 6. They tell me they still need to send someone to come and inspect the floor and then they can schedule the re-install/fix the issue. Guess what is happening now....Yes! the floor is now lifting in certain spots and the bull nose on the bottom landing is now loose - strike 7. When I finally spoke to a manager in customer service he repeatedly kept talking over me and would not make the accommodation to get someone there to fix it sooner, so I don't have to take multiple days off of work - strike 8. Basically, if you want a crappy floor call empire..Vinny A.
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditionsRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of itL. B.
- Business Description:Go Green Express Home Services in the Hudson Valley is a cleaner, greener, and more cost-efficient home service company. All the technicians and staff at the company set their standards above the competition, making them the Hudson Valley’s premier choice for green plumbing, heating, air conditioning, indoor air quality, and other contracting services. Based in Newburgh, they proudly serve Orange County, Dutchess County, Putnam County, Ulster County, and Rockland County, NY. Whether you have ..Recent Review:Simply stated, this company is DISHONEST. Their pricing is predatory and their professional recommendations CANNOT be trusted. We had a Navien unit installed by GoGreen for our elderly parents in 2017 (as recommended by Go Green). They advised that the system would be the most cost effective and efficient. One year after the install we were advised to do an antifreeze treatment ($2,200) and then subsequently, to have a water sanitizer installed for $5,000. While we did follow through with the antifreeze treatment we declined the water sanitizer. Now, at our most recent annual check up in 2020-we were told that the "system needs major repairs"-so much that the issues could not be told to me over the phone and an additional "service" appt (not covered by the service plan) was now needed. In addition, the annual tune up “could not be performed” due to the status of the system (again- even though the issues were not be defined to me). Finding it ironic that this much service would be needed for a system that was less than three years old, we had another HVAC company- who had much more reputable reviews come to do the tune up. The tune up was completed with no problems and we were advised that the system is in good working condition. When I asked about the recommendations, from Go Green they advised that unfortunately many HVAC techs must sell services in order to get commission and that the recommendations were not at all needed. I also read other negative reviews which mentioned the same themes where the sanitizer was being recommended. I find that incredibly disappointing and wonder how much money, time and stress we could have saved by going with a different company from the beginning. I hope that this honest and detailed review can provide forewarning for other who are considering hiring Go Green for their HVAC needs. We will never do service with them againChristine P.
Deals in Dover Plains for Bathtub Refinishing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- South Kent
- Salt Point
- Pleasant Valley
- New Preston Marble Dale
- New Milford
- Clinton Corners
- Hopewell Junction
bathtub refinishers in Dover Plains
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bath Fitter1839 Central Avenue
Colonie, New York
- Bath Fitter
- DV Tiles Professional Installments121 Cooper Rd.
Fishkill, New York
- DV Tiles Professional Installments
- Environmental Drain & Sewer Cleaning, inc.1 East Market Street 557
Hyde Park, New York
- Environmental Drain & Sewer Cleaning, inc.
- Final Finish Surface Refinishing19 Alpine Dr
Wappingers Falls, New York
- Final Finish Surface Refinishing
- Go Green Express Home Services145 S William St
Newburgh, New York
- Go Green Express Home Services
- Icon Home Improvement Inc1106 E 73rd St
Brooklyn, New York
- Icon Home Improvement Inc
- Kevin A Klepper A-1 Home Improver Construction Co227 E 50th St Ste 13
New York, New York
- Kevin A Klepper A-1 Home Improver Construction Co
- MR REFINISH NYPO BOX 294
Fishkill, New York
- MR REFINISH NY
- Nottingham Contracting LLC1 Main St
New Hamburg, New York
- Nottingham Contracting LLC
- PERMA CERAM OF WESTCHESTER INC72 GALLOWS HILL RD
CORTLANDT MANOR, New York
- PERMA CERAM OF WESTCHESTER INC
- Your Vision Contractors25 Rocky Rd
Hopewell Junction, New York
- Your Vision Contractors