Unique Construction

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2012

324 S. Ohioville Rd.

NEW PALTZ, NY 12561

Unique Construction is a full service construction & remodeling company serving Ulster, Dutchess, and Orange County since 2010. We focus our full attention on each project and work one-on-one with each customer to plan and execute your designs. Our commitment to excellent customer service ensures that we find a way to deliver the best value for all of our client's construction investments. Our experience combined with personalized, professional service will help you transform your present space. We offer free estimates; give us a call today! We will be happy to set up an appointment and answer any questions you may have....

woodworking (20)door installation (9)interior painting (9)drywall (9)decks & porches (8)window replacement (7)foundation repair (5)house painting (5)plastering (5)hardwood floors (5)electrician (5)general contractors (5)

08/03/2020

Dave and his team were excellent— courteous, prompt, and did an excellent job with the siding. We would happily hire again!

Description of Work
Restraining our cedar siding

Category siding,house painters

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We look forward to working with you on your future projects.

03/05/2019

Would Recommend 1000 times over. Made an exception to do the job for me last minute. Had the job done in less than 20 minutes, Unique Construction is a god send.

Description of Work
Door swap and reattachement

Category woodworking,doors

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

07/27/2018

Our house is from the mid-late 1800s and had sunk 1½ inch in the middle. Replace beams, columns, joists. A tricky job with a narrow crawl space under half the house. Long story short - the price was decent and the best part was that Dave's initial calculation was stunningly accurate. Dave and crew know what they are doing, the price is good for the level of quality work, and they are very responsi...

Description of Work
Rebuilt support in basement - beams, joist

Category woodworking,foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

04/09/2018

I’ve had several projects with Unique Construction and my experiences have been very positive. David the owner is knowledgeable and very accommodating. Dave listens and discusses the different options and outcomes for the job. He cares and works with you to navigate to get you to what you want. Dave has really gone above and beyond for me. I also can’t say enough about the crew, they are professio...

Description of Work
Home construction, repair - doors, porch, flooring

Category decks,drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

01/23/2018

I had 5 contractors come and see our project. Two were slightly cheaper than Unique Construction, but the comments and the assessment were not thorough and one of the contractors gave us a lowball estimate with the builtin "plus if we run into..." I was really glad when Unique Construction came and took a look. Unique Construction stood out compared to others by as being upfront, honest, and profe...

Description of Work
Repair/replace beam and joist in basement, replace columns and raise floors

Category woodworking,foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

01/02/2018

I originally had a small job to do on the outside of my house. I called a few contractors for an estimate. Dave came up and was extremely personable and professional and explained what work was going to be needed to be done. Gave me a very good competitive price. What I liked about him he was realistic with me. Explaining when he could get it done and how long it would take. Sent me his estimate a...

Description of Work
I originally needed some water damage on my chimney. After a mishap inside I needed them to redo half of the floors and walls on my first floor plus a bathroom.

Category drywall,electrician,picture framing,hardwood floor,insulation,siding,woodworking,house painters,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

08/17/2017

Very good. Dave is very professional and has a hard working crew who were very friendly. Dave explains everything in detail and easy to understand. Having him put new front door in after vacation.

Description of Work
Carpentry for deck,fence work, tree removel, outside water spicket and new gutter sytem.

Category decks,gutter repair,handyman service,deck cleaning,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/17/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was a pleasure working with you on that insurance project.

08/02/2017

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the quality of the work. Dave and his team worked through all sorts of weather following a consistent and well-executed plans. With a high level of detail and professionalism, the project ran smoothly and the final product is fantastic. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Brand new three season room. Complete redo of the bonus room including new framing from the floor up.

Category decks,hardwood floor,remodeling,replacement windows,home builders,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

03/08/2017

Excellent. You get what you pay for. Dave's crew is meticulous. They are great with Sheetrock installation and painting/staining. Neat/clean/focused/on time. These are true professionals.

Description of Work
Renovation of living room. New ceiling and painting of old, somewhat decrepit walls! A lot of detailed work needed to be done.

Category drywall,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

Review for Unique Construction - 324 S. Ohioville Rd., NEW PALTZ, NY - 34589817

02/22/2017

Overall about the best contractor experience we've had from start to finish. The job took about 2.5 weeks. It began with the company's owner talking with us regarding contract and timing. The contract itself was a clear indication of throughness and detail. Every workday began with a chat of what was to be done and ended the day with a thorough clean up. On average there were three employees, all ...

Description of Work
Carpenter trim work, light fixture installation, door installation, spackling and painting.

Category drywall,electrician,plastering,woodworking,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 02/22/2017

Review for Unique Construction - 324 S. Ohioville Rd., NEW PALTZ, NY - 34502864

We offer the following services and more: New Construction, Modular Homes, Insurance Work, Demolition, Additions, Store Fronts, Framing, Sheetrock and Spackle, Interior and Exterior Painting, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Basements, Countertops and Tiles, Hardwood Flooring and Linoleum, Deck, Arbor, Sidewalk and Dock Construction, Siding, Waterproofing, Custom Built-ins, Custom Trim Work, Residential Home Repairs, Insulating, Foundation Repair, Sump pump installation

Please ask for details.