Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Wilmington, NC
There are 3 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Wilmington
- Honest Engine Equipment CompanyDo not go here for repairs. I took a Stihl pressure washer in that had a cracked water pump after 3 uses. They charged a $30 inspection fee. I described to them what was going on with the pressure washer when the pump failed. I get a call back a week later and they tell me that they have determined that the reason it was cracked is because it was struck by something and that it would not be covered under warranty. I told them that I had used it 3 times and that nothing had touched it. There was not a dent or ding to be found anywhere on it. Instead of paying them for repairs I went and picked it up, although there is no refund for the $30 inspection fee. I took the pressure washer to another repair shop and described what happened to it. The worker there immediately replied let me check something. He opens the case on the pump and there is no lubricating oil. He said sometimes they miss it in the factory. They agree to cover it under warranty. If I would have kept it at Honest Engine it would have cost me well over $200 to repair. I would expect the type of diagnosis that Honest Engine gave from a big box retailer, not a place that supposedly specializes in small engine repair. They obviously didn’t do a thorough inspection of the equipment and gave a guess at what was wrong. Save your money and go somewhere else
- Ilm Small Engine RepairHe explained his assessment based on my description and gave me a verbal estimate. The work was done the very next day.
- Ilm Small Engine RepairThey repaired it and did a general tuneup, sharpened blades, changed oil, filters, etc. All for a reasonable price.
- Ilm Small Engine RepairFull basic maintenance (spark-plug, filter, cleanings, etc.) assessed and "completed in same day" at a very fair price!!
- Honest Engine Equipment CompanyHonest Engine came highly recommended--and they lived up to the advance word. At first, I was concerned that my little lawn mower would be placed in the back and not deemed worthy of attention for weeks. But the service professionals here surprised me by calling scarcely two days later (the original estimate was 2 weeks). Not only was everything done, but is was accomplished at less than the estimate. This is the way it should always be! Thanks, guys
- Wilmington Lawn & LeisureMaster mechanic Jason listened to my problem and then ordered parts and told me when they would arrive. Everything was fixed exactly when he said for about the same price mentioned.
- Honest Engine Equipment CompanyThere were customers before me, and when it came my turn I was directed to an open register where the gentleman asked my need and quickly and efficiently found the item. He advised me as to how to use the mandrel shaft installation and what to look for although he was not a mechanic himself. The incident went well and I would definitely reccommend them any time to anybody. The price of the materials were less than I had anticipated or found online and of course I saved the shipping cost by buying direct
- SWAIM'S SMALL ENGINEFortunately, found Mr. Swaim's online advertisement. He was available on my schedule and had the mower fixed within a day. Excellent.
- Ilm Small Engine RepairJames provided me with an estimate for services when I dropped off my trimmer. He let me know if additional work was needed he would call before performing the additional work. He called within two days to let me know the service was completed for less than his estimate. I am extremely pleased with the work performed and would definitely use this provider again
- Ilm Small Engine RepairIt went very well. Repairs and service were completed within the same day. Cost kept to the minimum. And, I was given a folder to document the work performed and for future reference.
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Wilmington
- Business Description:We specialize in handyman services, home repairs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Went great, they were able to install all appliances.Ken P.
- Business Description:WE ARE YOUR PLACE TO GO FOR THE HOMEOWNER ON REPAIR OF ALL OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT IN WILMINGTON NC ! LAWNMOWERS, TRIMMERS, GENERATORS, PRESSURE WASHERS,TILLERS AND CHAIN SAWS! WE OFFER FAST TURN AROUND TIME ! AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SECOND TO NONE ! WE OFFER A PICKUP AND DELV SERVICE FOR OUR CUSTOMERRecent Review:He explained his assessment based on my description and gave me a verbal estimate. The work was done the very next day.Jack C.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:he was a salesman, not a mechanic, he had no parts on his truck, and wanted me to buy a warranty for future service. He did point out the problem, but I had to go and buy the part, and install it myself. Thank God that I am handy!!J.N. S.
- Business Description:Sales and Service of all your lawn mower and lawn equipment Since 1987. Showroom with models in stock for many names brands such as Husqvarna, Shindaiwa, Walker, Echo, Stihl, Gravely, Scag, Hustler, Honda Generators, Equipment Rentals AvailableRecent Review:Do not go here for repairs. I took a Stihl pressure washer in that had a cracked water pump after 3 uses. They charged a $30 inspection fee. I described to them what was going on with the pressure washer when the pump failed. I get a call back a week later and they tell me that they have determined that the reason it was cracked is because it was struck by something and that it would not be covered under warranty. I told them that I had used it 3 times and that nothing had touched it. There was not a dent or ding to be found anywhere on it. Instead of paying them for repairs I went and picked it up, although there is no refund for the $30 inspection fee. I took the pressure washer to another repair shop and described what happened to it. The worker there immediately replied let me check something. He opens the case on the pump and there is no lubricating oil. He said sometimes they miss it in the factory. They agree to cover it under warranty. If I would have kept it at Honest Engine it would have cost me well over $200 to repair. I would expect the type of diagnosis that Honest Engine gave from a big box retailer, not a place that supposedly specializes in small engine repair. They obviously didn’t do a thorough inspection of the equipment and gave a guess at what was wrong. Save your money and go somewhere elseBrandon D.
- Business Description:Allied Services NC is a full service landscape design and maintenance company in Wilmington, NC. We are driven to provide excellent service every time. From design to installation to maintenance, Allied Services lends a helping hand the entire wayRecent Review:I usually do not write reviews like this, but I feel that it is necessary so that no one else is taken advantage of. We hired and PAID Danial to completely rip out, redesign, and install all new landscaping around our house as well as fix our broken irrigation system. We should have fired him at the first sign of trouble, but we gave him the benefit of the doubt due to him being referred to us by a friend. The project began at the beginning of May 2019, when he ripped out all of the landscaping, leaving the front, back, and side yards dirt and mud…which was to be expected, but the project was supposed to be completed by the beginning to middle of June. However, the front and side yards—which are in plain view of all to see—were left dirt and mud until the middle of August when he finally completed the landscaping for those parts of the yard. As for the backyard, several of the plans discussed and originally agreed upon, were not done correctly, if done at all, with some plans having to be changed completely. We ordered special rock to be put down, and they put it down before inspecting it to see that most of it was dust and not rock at all; this rock is still in our back yard area. We also paid Danial to fix and reconnect our irrigation system—sprinkler heads, lines, etc.—and it never has gotten fixed. As a result, some of the new plants have died. Danial assured us that he knew how to fix everything from the beginning, but when you would speak to his crew, none of them knew what you were talking about. He also told us that he had experience in building water features such as koi ponds, but it turned out, he had no idea how to do that either, which became evident when his crew told me that they would “figure it out.” Thank God we fired him before we let him build our pond. Most of the time, Danial and his crew would not show up for work. On average, they showed up about 2 days out of the week for at most a few hours. To top this all off, we have paid him for all of this work, and he is nowhere to be found…we have called him, text him, emailed him, and even called one of his crew members of whom could never get in touch with Danial either and got so fed up with everything Danial was doing that he quit. There is more I could write, but I think you get the picture! We have reported him to the Better Business Bureau, and I am going to post this review everywhere I possibly can so that no one has to have this experience like we did! Do not…I repeat…DO NOT use Danial! He may have been good at one time, but he sucks now and is ripping people offKatie S.
- Recent Review:This was a routine lawn mower service. No real details to share <br />Dale Y.
- Business Description:Tri-County Outdoor Power Equipment
- Business Description:Additional phone number: (800) 874-9935.Recent Review:Master mechanic Jason listened to my problem and then ordered parts and told me when they would arrive. Everything was fixed exactly when he said for about the same price mentioned. <br />jason c.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Carolina Beach
- Kure Beach
- Wrightsville Beach
- Oak Island
- Castle Hayne
- Rocky Point
- Holden Beach
- Ocean Isle Beach
lawn mower repair shops in Wilmington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- B&L Labor Services LLC921 Harris St
Burlington, North Carolina
- B&L Labor Services LLC
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Honest Engine Equipment Company939 South Kerr Avenue
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Honest Engine Equipment Company
- Ilm Small Engine Repair1834 Farley Dr
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Ilm Small Engine Repair
- Lawn Logix7100 grouper court
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Lawn Logix
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Small Engine Repair Center221 NE 39th St
Oak Island, North Carolina
- Small Engine Repair Center
- Tri-County Outdoor Power Equipment6000 Market St
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Tri-County Outdoor Power Equipment
- Wilmington Lawn & Leisure253 S Kerr Ave
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Wilmington Lawn & Leisure