Winter is a great time to install a fence as it can save you money and preserve your landscaping. Here’s everything you need to know about installing a fence in winter, plus tips for completing the project safely and efficiently.
Get matched with top fence companies in Joplin, MO
There are 4 highly-rated local fence companies.
Recent Fence Company Reviews in Joplin
- Multicraft Erections LLCJoshua Wyatt is everything I wanted in a contractor. He was on time and always prepared. He went out of his way to explain what he was doing and graciously accepted any changes or suggestions that I had. He showed respect and care for my home and was very good at cleaning up. He was working under extreme heat conditions at times but he kept going. He did all the work in a timely manner and was on target with completion projections. On top of all this, he was courteous and respectful and always returned calls and texts. He is a genuinely nice guy, a veteran and a family man. Now that my project is almost complete, I am continually thinking of him for more projects around my home
- M W FenceArrived on time and finished on time. Quality of work appears excellent. Professional and helpful crew. Price was higher than some estimates but this was due to a higher quality fence than was offered by other contractors.
- SPIRIT FENCEIt was terribly hot but it didn't slow him down at all. The fence is perfect. He does great work. Should we need a fence in the future we would not hesitate to ask him. He is a very nice individual.
- Noel's CarpentryNoel listened very carefully to what I wanted and took his time in planning the project. The railing and gate he added to the porch blends in perfectly with the railing that has existed for 80 years. I have received many compliments on how Noel's work enhanced the beauty of my house and how it blends in so perfectly with the Craftsman style. The handrails and gate are very well constructed and strong. Noel was very prompt and professional, he communicated well about price and was very fair for the fine quality of work he provided. I could not be any happier with the end result
- M W FenceThe construction started right on time as Micah promised. He called the Dig-Rite people who came out but only marked our phone lines, not the electric lines which are actually in our backyard. I let him know that they weren't marked and he made several calls back to them and even directly to our electric company to get it done. The Dig-Rite people have so many hours/days to respond but they did not follow through and I guess there is just nothing we can do about it. Do THEY get fined if there is an accident with the lines... NO, the company doing the work does! But who regulates this? I'm guessing no one because they just did not do their job correct in this case. I digress... The two man crew who did most of the work on our fence were hard workers and it seemed like they hardly ever took breaks. This is a big fence and they knocked it out in less than three days. Their work was precise and they cleaned up after, hauling off dirt and all leftover materials. I don't think we even found one nail laying around after they left. We have kids and were concerned about them stepping on nails, but no problems at all. The cost from the estimate never changed, except for a few feet extra that we requested once the work began. This was all very professional from start to finish and I absolutely recommend MW Fence Co. to everyone who wants a beautiful and functional fence to grace their homestead! My two favorite things about this fence are the high quality of the materials and just how freakin' pretty it is! The Eastern cedar is nice, nice, nice and even the chain link part is made with the highest grade chain, not the cheap stuff like from Lowe's. We are new to this neighborhood with just 10 or so houses in it and we have actually had FOUR of our neighbors go out of their way to tell us how much they love our fence. Two of them we had not even met yet, but they stopped by just to tell us what a beautiful fence we have. Awesome
- M W FenceHow did it go? Excellent! Micah provided good advice in planning the fence and recommending materials. Better yet!! He actually DID what he said he'd do! The work crew was hard-working and knowledgeable. The fence is beautiful. I certainly recommend MW Fencing Company, and I'm pretty picky.
- CUSTOM FENCEThey were very professional. They came in and measured the fencing and installed it all within one day. They were very good when they came over and they were very good about calling when they could.
- A-1 Mr HandymanTom responded to my inquiry within an hour. Very impressive. He came out the very next day and did the work exactly as he said he would. I was very pleased with his responsiveness and attention to what I needed.
- A-1 Mr HandymanTom called to let me know if he needed to change the time. Arrived on time. Performed work as desired. This was during the very busy period shortly after the tornado damage and he worked in this project even though he was extremely busy.
- A-1 Mr HandymanFixed loose post dug hole filled with concrete, put new gate latch , put a strap on gate so it wouldn't sag anymore. Re-screwed all loose boards on my fence, and waterproofed it with a beautiful stain. I am very please with his work, him and his helper were on time, and were polite and professional. At any time I would ask questions they were very informative , and the work was finished on time, and they cleaned up after theirselves
Fencing Contractors in Joplin
- Business Description:Arete Residential Services, LLC is a family owned business dedicated to improving lives of the community. We are here to help make your life a little easier. We can handle small projects to large scale projects. Flower beds, building decks and fences, creating relaxing fire-pits and patios are all within our wheelhouse. We are happy to discuss your vision and help make it become a realityRecent Review:Excellent job, they worked with me on all projects I had wanted to complete. They worked everything into my budget and everything turned out absolutely amazing!!Thomas Y.
- Business Description:Jack of all trades 1 stop shop. Master: Millwright and fabrication Journeyman: plumber, Carpenter, drywall, electrical, flooring and much more! Over 10 years in the trades and tired of working for a large company we started small to help our community by being able to charge less bur give the same high quality servicesRecent Review:Joshua Wyatt is everything I wanted in a contractor. He was on time and always prepared. He went out of his way to explain what he was doing and graciously accepted any changes or suggestions that I had. He showed respect and care for my home and was very good at cleaning up. He was working under extreme heat conditions at times but he kept going. He did all the work in a timely manner and was on target with completion projections. On top of all this, he was courteous and respectful and always returned calls and texts. He is a genuinely nice guy, a veteran and a family man. Now that my project is almost complete, I am continually thinking of him for more projects around my homeMadeline W.
- Business Description:When it comes to a good, quality roof, our technicians know no bounds. Our projects range from the smallest of family homes to some of the largest commercial properties in the Metroplex. Scroll down to get a closer look at the types of work we do, and let us know when you’re ready for us to get startedRecent Review:The job went well and smooth. Robert made sure everything was perfect. Made things easier for me and he took care of a lot of the stuff for me.Bre W.
- Business Description:We specialize in home repairs, remodeling, & roofing! We have over 12 years of experience in providing outstanding quality for construction projects, remodeling, deck construction, and roofing replacement and repairs! We stand by the quality of our work and invite you to contact us regarding any of our services. You don't have to suffer through a leaky, faulty roof, or wait forever to start on your brand new deck or siding project. Don't hesitate! We have everything you need to get it done r..Recent Review:still taking bids. Apex very responsive with returning phone calls and emails.walt n.
- Business Description:Our non-electric dog fence is comprised of 12 individual components. It is a REAL physical fence that can be assembled by any homeowner or professional installer which we can provide. Our fence acts as a flexible net that inhibits dogs and other animals from climbing. The bottom material is flared in towards you and secured with uniquely shaped ground stakes to create a dig guard. You don’t have to dig any holes, mix cement, or make any changes to your landscapeRecent Review:Pet Playgrounds installed a 6 foot fence in our backyard to create a safe play area for our dogs. The work was done quickly, the price was reasonable, and the fence has held up well to all kinds of weather. It is by far the best fence we have ever had, and I feel better knowing that when the dogs go outside, they are safe and secureERIC M.
- Business Description:Family-Owned Licensed Contractor, No job is too small
- Business Description:I'm a small company located in Joplin, MO that does work from foundation to finish with 16 years in the business and also do lawn care and tree trimming with the best prices around and the reason i can give such good prices is because i do most of the work my self and try not to sub any of the work out i will beat any competitor by a min of 10Recent Review:Terrible. Terrible power wash job, having to hire another person to redo it. Arrived with untreated lumber, had to go back and get treated lumber. Screwed in about 60 percent of 2x6’s left rest not screwed in. Joists need more sister boards, 2x4 ‘s treated., I feel it’s need more, some ends are kinda coming up. Only been 2 weeks. TerribleShere J.
- Business Description:40+ years experience in carpentry and remodeling, residential and commercialRecent Review:<p>Absolute wonderful...!</p> <p>- Michael is dedicated and takes personal pride in every job he does, from the most menial task to the most major one.</p> <p>- Michael is respectful of your property, making sure the floors are draped at all times. </p> <p>- Michael vacuums and cleans up each day after a job.</p> <p>- Michael has integrity, honesty, and his estimates are very reasonable/fair.</p> <p>We plan on using him again to replace our flooring in the sun room, which is going to take leveling the floor before installation. We highly recommend Michael Bounds for just about any project you have. Your complete satisfaction is his goal.</pDarlene M.
- Business Description:General handyman services by Tom and his 3 sons. No job is to small . 24 hr emergency services and free estimates. Reasonable rates.Recent Review:My wife said it best, "He was good at one thing...taking our money every week." <br /> I'll start with the fact that we were left with no way to bathe in either of our two bathrooms by the time A-1 Mr. Handyscam was finished. They destroyed their own tiling job in our master bath along with destroying the shower/tub combo and leaving us with a non-diverting tub spout, faucets that have to be turned on/off with a screwdriver and a bunch of half-removed black caulk that they thought would look nice with their botched tile work. The upstairs bathroom on the other hand, also a complete re-do left us with a shower that turned on, but drained out of a broken pipe through our kitchen ceiling onto the floor. General attention to detail and finishing capabilities just don't exist with these guys. <br /> <hr /> <br /> Their idea of fixing the drain pipe that was not done to code (no trap) and damage they caused by over tightening the drain cap with washers in the wrong place? Spray some leak repair all over the pipes. That didn't work either. Finally paid another plumber over $500 to fix that, get it to code, and get the upstairs sink plumbed and running. Unfortunately we didn't want to pay extra to have the crappy tile job fixed. Nothing like seeing the bar code from tiles facing out on the wall and seeing clearly where nothing lines up to help anger me every morning I walk in. But that's only because I can't use my own bathroom that they destroyed and never repaired. <br /> <hr /> <br /> Next is their inability to accurately estimate timing and costs on jobs. We gave an itemized list of changes to be quoted. That list definitely grew over time, but everything we were quoted on was about 3x more expensive and took 3x longer than originally quoted. That might be OK, except every piece of work we had done was either unfinished, poorly executed or both. There was some quality work done in some areas, but the quality disappears when the job isn't finished. The only quality work I can log was done by Tom himself, and unfortunately that work went unfinished. Today I was up a ladder tacking flashing back onto the upstairs window that was installed. They decided to remove more siding than needed to rough in the window and left it all exposed and never finished with the Tyvek that should've gone up until we could re-side. <br /> <hr /> <br /> Some details on different jobs performed... <br /> Door installations: interior slab doors were not properly painted (and painted while on hinges). Maybe old rollers were used, because there are bits of roller painted onto the doors which are rough to touch, like the paint was watered down to save money - even though we bought the paint! Painted on hinges so hinges are covered and paint drips on floor where each door was painted. <br /> <hr /> Front door: could've been a decent job, except off plumb and never finished staining the outside frame that was built. <br /> <hr /> Back door: roughed out and left unfinished exposed plaster walls, got the door nice and stained up with dirty hands while installing, and lost the alarm sensor on the original door (thrown away) <br /> <hr /> Painting: some decent work, but all done before major construction so now loads of damage to the paint and wear and tear from other work done after. Painted several hinges shut, and even a light switch. Careless. <br /> <hr /> Master Bathroom: already talked about both bathroom botches. Glad to be writing this review with the ability to shower without going to our daughter's home or a hotel. Here's more details. $10/sq ft marble tiles destroyed after they turned on the tile heating pad they installed instead of letting it cure for 30 days like the installation manual instructed. Over-tightened light fixture at switch so it shorted out a couple weeks later. Put black caulk in for seams (artistic choice?) and then 1/2 stripped out when we asked for white, never finishing, and leaving the shower unsealed/not waterproof. Incorrectly plumbed the tub/shower (shower permanently on, faucets don't turn on without uncapping and using a screwdriver. Never worked but they called it finished. Now we have to demo the wall, replumb and retile from the ground up. Two new plumbers have said "I've never seen anything quite like this!" and they weren't paying a compliment. <br /> <hr /> Upstairs Bathroom: Drain gaskets installed incorrectly and overtightened so leaking and had to replace broken gasket set. No trap plumbed in the drain pipe. Sink pipes were clogged from tiling buys washing grout down bathroom sink; had to be cleaned and re-installed. New sink was hung but never plumbed and connected to pipes. Tiled over outlets and cut tile wrong so can't install plates over GFI and lightswitch without re-cutting and finding an oversize plate. Some tiles on wall face outward so you see the purchase barcode. Left ceiling over shower unfinished. <br /> <hr /> Wood floors: They were supposed to sand and refinish the floors. They didn't sand between coats of poly so now there's bubbling on the floors all over downstairs and they'll have to be redone again. In addition they didn't plug any holes in the floor, so I've got poly all over boxes and other items we were storing in the basement. They did manage to sand right into the co-ax cable coming out of the floor though. Bonus points for not paying attention. <br /> <hr /> Upstairs kid bedroom: painted accent wall with chalkboard paint but managed to get it on the ceiling and opposing walls but never cleaned up. Installed beautiful casement window but tore out more siding than needed and left outside unfinished with galvanized flashing and original plywood exposed. Never came back to finish. <br /> <hr /> Electrical work: replaced some outlets (OK), but replaced a GFI in the kitchen and drove a nail into it... caused shorting problems with back of house until an electrician came out to fix it. Wired and incorrectly installed a back stairwell 'night light' that never worked until electrician fixed. <br /> <hr /> <br /> The sad thing about all this is when we met Tom we liked him and trusted him. Apparently that was our big mistake. The work HE actually did was well done, but never really completed to the point where we don't have to do something else to finish or fix it. The work his contractors did was just poorly executed. They just didn't care or don't have the skills to do things properly. As a result, almost everything they've done except install some floating click-lock flooring is having to be finished, cleaned up, or demolished and redone from the ground up. Catastrophic waste of money, and they just vanished and moved on to the next chump waiting to pay once the 1 month turned 4 month job money-pot ran out. My biggest gripe is we ended up in a hotel and spending an additional $4,000+ in room fees only to "finally" move in and have no working bathrooms and work still being done. <br /> Highly unrecommended. <br /> <ul> <li></li> </ul> <br /Andrew J.
- Business Description:M W FenceRecent Review:Did not respond to my 3 phone calls requesting information and an estimate for installing a fence. <br />Ed W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fencing contractor articles
A dog fence is essential to keeping your pup safe. Luckily there are many options, from tall privacy fencing to wireless underground electric fences. This guide will help you calculate the average cost to install a dog fence.
Wrought iron is classic, stylish, and regal. The total cost of installing a new wrought iron fence can vary significantly based on the size, design, and materials. This article will provide you with an estimate to help you get started.
Find fence companies in
- Webb City
- Carl Junction
- Baxter Springs
fence companies in Joplin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- FFF Renovations LLC204 S Lincoln Ave
- FFF Renovations LLC
- Gutters That Good1306 S Pennsylvania Ave
- Gutters That Good
- M W Fence5544 W Belle Center Rd
- M.Coss Finishes1220 Little Court
- M.Y. Construction LLC20825 S 610 Rd
- Mat's VIP mowing LLC 1831 W 2nd St
- Metal Magic Welding, LcP.O. Box 333
- Mike Donham Construction709 Hartley St
Carl Junction, Missouri
- Motes Construction3208 NW 23rd St
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Multicraft Erections LLC
- M W Fence
- Noel's Carpentry302 Bartlett Ave
- Noel's Carpentry
- OHM Restoration 927 Lawrence 1250
Ash Grove, Missouri
- OHM Restoration
- Quality Fence Company361 Coyote Lane
- Quality Fence Company
- Scheurich Construction Company4307 W 29th St
- SEK fencing (instillation & removal) 815 Dewey St
- Soaking Up The Son Yard Services LLC423 N Pearl Ave
- SPIRIT FENCE58220 E HIGHWAY 60
- Stafford Fence802 Spencer Dr
- Steedman's 4-state roofing and construction2415 N Locust
- Scheurich Construction Company
- Top Priority Lawn Care LLC2306 S Tyler Ave
- Top Priority Lawn Care LLC