When calculating the cost to waterproof your basement, you need to factor in much more than just a can of waterproof paint. We’ve rounded up the top types of waterproofing projects and how much they cost so you can figure out your budget.
Get matched with top deck & porch contractors in Preston, MN
There are 8 highly-rated local deck & porch contractors.
Recent Decks Porches Reviews in Preston
- Briggs and Rabehl Builders LLCWent great above and beyond expectations would definitely be reaching out and hire again for future projects
- All Craft ExteriorsIt went real smooth, done on time with no disruption of my schedules. and clean up at the end of job was very satisfactory. Great job.
- All Craft ExteriorsThis company is truly professional and true to their word. Customer service was amazing and not something you find much of these days! Chad was superb! Thank you for making this all happen seamlessly!
- Craftsmen Home Improvements IncEVERYONE I DEALT WITH AT CRAFTSMAN WAS PROFESSIONAL AND RESPONSIVE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. RECEIVED A 10% DISCOUNT FOR BEING AN ANGIE'S LIST MEMBER.
- Q Squared LLCWork well done, even in tough weather conditions. Shane gives estimates in a professional manner and is pleasant to work with.
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionI wish he could come back but unfortunately I was unable to reach him last time. I think he probably just had so many projects. I would expect the price to be the cost he had projected. He did a good job and communicated well. His attention to detail making sure to take the time to make sure the job was done right stands out to me. Double checking with me and reassuring that me as the client was happy with the progress and how things were going
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionIt went great. Timing was in our favor. Jim was able to get our job done quickly. Jim was professional and respectful, prompt and friendly. He and his crew member Joe did an excellent job. My husband in the past has always done our home remodeling and construction and he was pleased with Jim's work. It was our first experience with Angie's list and it went really well
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionYou should hire Jim Siebenaler Construction! The front porch of our 1925 house was falling apart. The support posts were so rotted and water damaged that it's a miracle the roof hadn't caved in. The floorboards were in even worse shape than the posts. Jim was precisely on time to look at the job. He understood that we wanted to keep the porch as close to original as possible. He immediately offered solutions and promised an estimate via email that evening, which we received. The estimate was much more reasonable than another one we'd been given. Jim was at work on the front porch in less than three weeks and finished the project in two days. It's not easy to find a contractor who is punctual, professional, cost-conscious, and takes pride in doing high quality work. He even repaired a hole in the clapboard siding on the second story of our house for no charge. My only concern with giving Jim Siebenaler Construction an excellent review is that he'll be too busy to find time to work on the other jobs we've got in mind for him
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionHe shows up on time, has terrific sub-contractors who show up and are polite, they all explain what they are doing and allow me input, no communication problems, which I highly value. The work winds up better than I asked for or expected. The pergola had to match exactly an old one, to keep the somewhat historic house community-friendly. It is perfect. The old porch columns were so bad I could kick them out (but waited for braces to be in place). Jim had the new ones in in a flash. That is part of the charm of working with JCS, things get done before you know they've started. The wall in the basement -- probably not very difficult, I don't know, but in a spot that needed it and I hadn't thought of it, Jim did. He is a very good problem-solver. I keep thinking I am underpaying him, which is quite pleasant, really. I can't comment much on the main house interior wall yet, it's a big project involving ductwork and electrical lines. Also, Jim is utterly adorable
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionI had trouble finding a good fence person; a neighbor gave me Jim Siebenaler's name, telling me she is very happy with various projects he has undertaken at her house. He came over, listened to what I wanted, basically said "No problem", which is *not* what I had heard from others. He built exactly what I wanted. He even had a landscaping idea that is terrific and pulled down part of his new fence to accommodate the landscaper. Every "Can you do this?" is met with "Sure." And he does. Very talented, patient, knowledgable, experienced. The fence is great, as are the other building improvements Jim has done. I will update this review as more work is done. We are planning to remove carpet and lay tile, to gut the kitchen and remodel, and some other large projects. I have already recommended Jim to friends and family, and will continue to do so. I hesitated writing this review because I fear he won't have time for my projects! He is really good. Mudd Bros extended a window well into a sunken garden, Jim turned it into a beauty with cedar tongue-and-groove cladding, and steps on each side. The steps are different widths because the cement is different widths -- truly custom-made and lovely. Latest project: expanding a bath from small, pink-painted asbestos walls to gorgeous tile, stone floor, Universal Design aspects (safety). This project has been a challenge, transitioning from a very poorly-designed area to a pretty and user-friendly design. It has involved (with others on the project) moving the shower drain, figuring ways around tricky, poorly laid-out ducting, pipes that shouldn't have been exposed originally and more. Jim is patient and persistent. Jim also, over a couple of days, transformed a room at my son's house into a nursery, my son and his wife are delighted. Update, May 2013 A number of things have got in the way of my letting JSC finish the interior, but the work he has done in the times he has been here impress me a lot. I have partially demolished a very-beautifully built mid-century house, marveling at the rabbetting, dovetail, pegs, etc. I have come to see that Jim's work matches or exceeds those standards. He solves problems easily, and this house has a lot of problems. It makes the whole production pleasant. Thanks, JCS
Deck Companies in Preston
- Business Description:Roofing, siding, windows, rain gutters, and more: All Craft Exteriors is the top choice for your exterior remodeling project. Founded in Rochester, MN by a group of craftsmen who enjoyed working together we’ve brought together the best home improvement team in the business. We use top quality products and offer a Lifetime Labor Guarantee. All Craft Exteriors is grateful to have earned a long string of positive reviews. In, fact, over 50% of our business comes from referrals made by previous c..Recent Review:We had 4 contractors come out to give estimates. Only 2 actually got bids to us. ACE was not the cheapest, but was within a thousand dollars of the the other bid. After re-reading reviews and considering the level of communication with ACE, we went with them. They were very responsive and organized. Communication was great and they were willing to work around our schedules. Most importantly, they did a GREAT job on a property that needed lots of extra work and attention. We have since hired them to complete the same work on our personal residence. I would definitely recommend themAmy B.
- Business Description:Tim Reed, owner and sole proprietor of No-Name Painter, has over 20 years of industry experience with painting and custom color mixing. He spent four years honing his painting application skills working for Ryan Enterprises, a real estate investment company in Mankato, MN. After setting the ground work, he focused on learning other aspects of the industry including ink and paint custom color mixing and electronic matching at C & C Special products, Bloomington, MN. He also learned other techn..Recent Review:I love my new kitchen! The cabinets look brand new for a fraction of the price of replacement. Tim and Becky were great and even helped with excellent color advice. I highly recommend them.Barbara P.
- Business Description:We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated construction company. Briggs and Rabehl Builders LLC is a licensed general contractor in MN, that specializes in home remodeling, additions, garages and post frame buildings. With well over 30+ years in the trades, we have the experience and know how to complete all of your projectsRecent Review:Fantastic work...Shane, Mike and crew were great to work with and would definitely hire again. Fairly priced and completed on time!Greg G.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Inhouse design of one of a kind custom homes. exceptional value,unique features,hands on construction by family owned business. Customer satisfaction ultimate goal.Recent Review:Top notch from start to finish. I cannot imagine being happier with any other builder. If you get the opportunity to see a Heartwood Homes house in the new homes showcase, check it out. He creates beautiful new homes to the specifications of the buyer. No cookie cutter standards layouts. All his homes are 100% original and unique. Jay Burke drew multiple custom home plans for us to review, and was very easy to work with. Build quality was far above average. He knows all the sub-contractors in town and is very picky with who he alloys to work on his homes. His guidance and advice was invaluable. Outcome of the final product was above expectations and our home is of better quality than all other in the development, but for a better price. Jay Burke paid for an energy audit and our home was far above average for new home energy efficiency. We feel fortunate to have a beautiful home to raise our family in. Thank you tremendously Heartwood HomesSteve C.
- Business Description:We have been doing remodeling since 2001. We specialize in providing fair prices for high quality products .Recent Review:I called homestead a couple of weeks ago for a quote. Made an appointment with an estimator named Rick. Based on a previous reviews I should've cancelled it or at least have someone else come out to do it. He cancelled the appointment an hour before he was supposed to come over. We reschedule for the next day, Friday. During the appointment I tell him what I want, that I wanted to do a 3 or 4 season over my existing deck and if it went over our budget that I'd like a roof over it instead. He proceeds to tell me about TEMO and I told him to just give me the quotes on what I requested. He was going to work on the quotes over the weekend and we agreed that he'd email the quotes back to me by Tuesday. Tuesday comes and still no email so I emailed him in the evening asking if they were done. He rudely replies saying he didn't say Tuesday but instead Wednesday. Wednesday comes and still nothing. I email back on Thursday and he says would like to come over on the weekend for me to look over the quote even though I asked him to email it. We scheduled the appointment for Saturday and he comes with a quote for only a TEMO system. He didn't give me any quotes for anything that I asked for. When I asked him if he at least had a quote for a roof he stated that I never asked him for such a thing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He tells me he'll give me the quote for a Pergola first thing Sunday morning and here we are, no email for a quote. To top it all off he looked so annoyed when he was giving me the quotes and when I was asking him questions. Poor communication doesn't even begin to describe the experience I've had dealing with him. Homestead you just lost out on a customer and have earned a negative review in the process. You have Rick to thank for thatPaul T.
- Business Description:Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are uniquely designed and custom-sized screen porch windows made to fit existing openings without expensive re-framing. They are also ideal for new construction. It’s easy to enclose your outdoor spaces. Versatile, rugged and attractive, they’re also a snap to operate. Open, they let the breeze in, closed they provide protection for rain, snow, wind, dust and the summer sun. Light weight, but heavy duty. Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are constructed of ..Recent Review:It went perfectly. I called and spoke to the office immediately. They came out the next day on a Sunday prepared to give an estimate and complete the job. Everything is done. They performed quality work with quality products, very professional, clean-cut, honest, efficient, fair price. We are very happy and highly recommend themMichele I.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Small company that prides itself in personal contractor/homeowner relationship. Quality and timely workmanship. Reasonable prices because of less overhead than most bigger construction companiesRecent Review:He did a beautiful job, I paid for the materials, and he did a good job with the repairs. Major repairs was done on the boards that was done in 2011, and some was not installed properly, he came back to fix the boards up he was able to re-fixed the boards properly. He was able to provide additional works for me, thoughtful and considered my needs. One concern I had with the work was that things were not plumb and squaredSue W.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br..Recent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern MinnesotaCesar M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful deck company articles
If you have in-laws or parents who will move in with you in the future and you want to maintain some privacy, adding an in-law suite can be a great option. What’s more, in-law suites can increase your property value.
Flagstone gives your outdoor space a gorgeous, rustic feel. Find out the cost of flagstone per square foot or per ton. Our expert cost guide helps you plan your budget for your flagstone project from walkways to patios to walls.
Find deck & porch contractors in
- Spring Valley
- Rushford Village
- Saint Charles
- Spring Grove
- Le Roy
- Grand Meadow
deck & porch contractors in Preston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Painting By NHS424 Manor Ridge Dr
- Alex Roosen Construction LLC104 Anglewood Dr
- All Craft Exteriors7509 11th Ave NW
- All Purpose Decking
- Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows563 Shoreview Park Rd
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- A Painting By NHS
- FINAL CUT CONSTRUCTION6241 SHETLAND DR NW
- FINAL CUT CONSTRUCTION
- HAMLEN HOME IMPROVEMENT3835 LILLIE CT SW
- Handymn LLC5650 Knox Ave N
- Heartwood Homes of Rochester inc.3552 West River Parkway
- Hgt Pride Construction1808 3rd st ne
- Homestead Remodeling & Consulting LLC6053 Hudson Rd. Ste 340
- HAMLEN HOME IMPROVEMENT
- Magnolia Outdoor Living3522 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd. Box 162
- Magnolia Outdoor Living
- Priority Construction Services306 Elton Hills Drive NW
- Priority Construction Services
- Renewal by Andersen of Rochester, MN3750 85th St NW
- Renewal by Andersen of Rochester, MN
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- St. Martin Construction LLC1309 Windbreak Ct NE
- Steve Gentry Construction LLC2307 7th St NW
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- UNITED PRODUCTS1081 PENDANT LN NW
- UNITED PRODUCTS
- VALLEY HOME IMPROVEMENT1020 INDUSTRIAL DR
Spring Valley, Minnesota
- VALLEY HOME IMPROVEMENT