Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Fairmont, MN
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Fairmont
- Q Squared LLCAmazing. Finished product was everything I imagined. The entire crew was kind, professional and prompt.
- Q Squared LLCWork was done on time, completed faster then I could imagine plus the quality of the workmanship was perfect
- Perfect Fit Carpentry Inc.If I could give an A+ rating, I would. Casey is a true craftsman who does meticulous work. He is honest and reliable. Over the past eight years, he has done exceptional finish carpentry work on our basement remodel, installed a very nice tile shower, and created a stunning thinset brick accent wall. He has also helped with a couple handyman projects. Casey takes pride in his workmanship. I have very high expectations and he has consistently met or exceeded them. I will continue to use Casey on future projects and highly recommend him without hesitation
- Quality Built LLCExcellent, everything was done in a timely, professional manner. Very impressed with the service provided, everything was kept clean. Would definitely recommend this company for any work you would need done, would hire them back in a heartbeat for any future projects we have.
- Quality Built LLCQuality Built llc did an excellent job on our complete re-roof. Very committed to quality. I would highly recommend Quality Built for all your construction needs.
- Dave Gruba ConstructionDave is always prompt, efficient, and stays on budget. When he did the Kitchen remodel he built a hanging china cabinet above the bar, because we were limited on space. I still get comments about our addition and how beautiful it is, even after 10 years. The most recent project went just as well. The carpentry is exquisite, the joints match and the door closes correctly
- Halvorson Home ImprovementWas always on time. He will converse over email. Enjoys the challenge of older homes and came up with an idea for adding a tub/shower I didn't even dream of. Dedicated two weeks to finishing the project and then finished before the time was up. Always willing to answer questions and talk through things and very impressed with the finished project. Would definitely and will hopefully work with him again in the future
- TJ Specialty Construction LLCCould not be more happy. Everything was started on time, finished on time and communicated with professionalism and frankness. Options were discussed in a no pressure sort of way (no scare tactics) and all my questions were answered up front. Both roofs were done within a day and the dumpster was hauled off the next morning. Roofing crew was "spot on" identifying problem areas on the old roof deck and the crew boss took action right away to make sure I was in the loop and was ok with an extra cost making sure the job was done right. The old roof deck was an unknown at the project's start, and I was told during the estimate phase that it could be +/- a couple hundred bucks depending on the deck condition - so I was not surprised when the above issue came up. This is how work should be done folks - no mess, no fuss, no scary "what if's", just decent friendly guys doing a great job. I was happy to pay them and happy with how they completed the job
- Vermilion Cabin CareChris and Lisa help us out at our development on an ongoing basis. They are knowledgeable and trustworthy. They are busy as all GOOD vendors are but they show up when scheduled.
- Dan Richter Construction LLCExcellent and found overall a good experience. Of course, we were sick from the damage that was found. The price you pay buying a home that is not carefully inspected.
Contractors in Fairmont
- Business Description:Affordable Custom Homes Custom Drafting & Design ServicesRecent Review:The house turned out great! We’re very happy with our new home.Nicholas G.
- Business Description:Expert Building Services provides free estimates for remodeling homes and buildings in the Itasca County area. John Schirber returns calls promptly and sets up house calls at the convenience of our customers. Once we discover the priorities, we collaborate with the owner to complete their wish list. We specialize in handicapped accessible homes. Are you looking for a bathroom or kitchen remodel? Maybe you need a new roof, siding or windows? John and Linda strive to give 110% to every customer..Recent Review:This is the second job, John, Daryll, and company have done for us. I like the way they respect our home and take extra steps to keep the job as clean and neat as possible. They have skills that make them perfect for remodel jobs on older homes as well as newer homes. They provide the best "bang for the buck" if you wish to hire pros. And since I myself do not possess the necessary talents to do such fine work, I'm glad they're nearbyDANIEL D.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Custom carpentry company available for full remodels and sub contracting
- Business Description:we are a small business with only a few helpers and some subcontractors that work with usRecent Review:SEE ABOVEtimothy r.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Occasionally uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. Extra charge for after hours service may apply. License #20628410. May contact through email.Recent Review:They are wonderful people. We ended up being good friends. They do wonderful work and are very professional. They are highly skilled in their trade. He milled the boards himself and then put them in. This time we saw him was for the book casesGEORGE D.
- Business Description:Here at The Finished Look we perform all areas that pertain to building and remodeling. We also have a cabin care taking branch as well that services lake homes in northern Minnesota. We are very close with our employees and boast safety and cleanliness. Winter work in many instances be eligible for a 10% discount
- Business Description:home remodeling,roofing and handyman,i have 2 employees and some very good references
- Business Description:Interior painting, exterior painting, Log Cabin Staining sheetrock repair, carpentry work, staining, concrete painting, handyman work, pressure washing, corn cobb and walnut shell blasting, cedar roof cleaning and stain & wood floor re-finishing. Additional phone number - (218) 851-407Recent Review:They never came when they said they would, we did have a rainy spring but when they told us they would come they didn't or they came late always having an excuse that made us sympathize with them. When they first came they didn't have a ladder and used ours. I never saw them work even close to a full day always claiming to run off to another job. Matt and his wife know how to hook customers telling them exactly what they want to hear. Their sprayer clogged on the doors and they rehung them saying they would fix them later and give them another coat. No second coat done to fix the bubbles and drips. After spraying foam behind a few boards and nailing them in they soon bowed and we needed to trim the foam and screw the boards back in place. We feathered stain into the front of the cabin to make the stain more even. The deck was sprayed and it had shiny spots, bare spots and spots that were dry looking. By the end of the summer it really looked bad and we re-stained it with 3 gallons of stain that we had to buy. The lake side of the house we are still wondering if it actually ever got stained because it looks the same to us and some trim that was replaced last winter around a outlet was unstained. The white trim around the window on our front door, has wine colored paint all over it from when they painted the door. Our mistake was paying them the full amount before the job was done. We also let them string us along from June to Sept promising they would return. When we finally had enough and demanded they finish the job before Oct. we got "the job is done" and noticed their Google Website had been taken down. We called their reference before hiring them and they told us that they still had some work pending on their job but they felt confident that they would complete the job. I feel bad because this is exactly what I told someone who called me in July for a reference. Wendie U.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Blue Earth
- Saint James
- Good Thunder
- Mountain Lake
- Lake Crystal
- Buffalo Center
- Minnesota Lake
general contractors in Fairmont
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- ACB Construction1841 Ridgewood Dr NW
- ACB Construction
- Boondox Builders201 3rd St Nw Suite 201
- Boondox Builders
- five star home improvement1134 oak knoll dr
- five star home improvement
- J & J Drywall LLC1216 10th Ave N
St James, Minnesota
- J & J Drywall LLC
- Secore Constructionpo bx 773
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- ST CROIX VALLEY CABINETRY476 COUNTY RD A
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STROMBERG CONSTRUCTION LLC41372 LITTLE CLARA DR
DEER RIVER, Minnesota
- Secore Construction
- The Finished Look1235 Birch St N
- The Finished Look
- Vance Construction609 16th St E
International Falls, Minnesota
- Vance Construction