Building Renewal Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2012

Residential General Contractor - See our website buildingrenewalinc.com. Building Renewal, Inc. was founded with a passion for design and craftsmanship down to the last detail. Our goal is to create beautiful, comfortable, inviting spaces for your family to enjoy.

2022 Super Service Award

BeforeAfterBefore

home remodeling (52)basement remodeling (17)door installation (16)woodworking (15)siding companies (14)roofing (13)window replacement (12)cabinet refacing (5)general contractors (4)water damage restoration (3)egress window (3)patio enclosures (2)

10/30/2022

Roger W.

Greg the owner was very professional, and the whole crew was exceptional, always respectful of being in the house etc. The workmanship was superb no disappointments! Very happy with our new space.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/22/2022

10/24/2022

Juanita J.

We were kept up to date on the timeline and the timeline was followed. They communicated and worked with my insurance company. They had a very friendly and efficent crew right through cleanup.

Description of Work
Roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 10/24/2022

10/12/2022

Connie C.

To be honest I dreaded this project. But from our first visit with Greg our minds were put at ease. He was very friendly and professional. Answered all our initial questions and just made us feel comfortable. He and his crew made every step of the process as pain free as humanly possible considering this was during the pandemic and lock downs. I have to give a special shout out to his guys, Nate, Randy and Duane. A more knowledgeable and personable bunch to work with you couldn't ask for. We are just very happy with everything and would not hesitate to use them again or to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Major kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

10/11/2022

SHARON R.

It went GREAT! I had a great experience. From the owner (Greg Powers) to all the subcontractors everyone was respectful, took pride in doing their work well, communicated each step of the way on what will be happening and when. I highly recommend Building Renewal.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeled

Category countertops, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/11/2022

07/24/2022

Cheri A.

The entire team from Building Renewal were incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and professional. I would highly recommend them and would hire them again for any future needs.

Description of Work
Due to a dishwasher leak needed new flooring in the kitchen and to replace installation in basement.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

11/13/2021

Jacob S.

Building Renewal Inc was excellent to work with after a storm damaged our home. They made a thorough, and independent, report of the damage that helped with our insurance claim. The report also established expectations, which, I'm happy to say, they exceeded. It was the little details that made a difference for us. Details such as, kindly moving their equipment to another part of the yard when asked and the closed valleys on the roof, which were a nice touch and their patience while I clawed my way through the labyrinth of our insurance claim. Well done and thank you,

Description of Work
Roof and Siding

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

11/07/2021

Christine H.

They went very well, they're were easy to contact, crew are great very considerate, I would hire them again if needed work done. it was a great experience.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen cabinet, replaced kitchen floor, fixed door jam and kitchen counter tops

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

Ryan B.

Perfect we love our project and love building renewal

Description of Work
Garage and basement temodel

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, garage doors, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, marble & granite, doors

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

Thomas M.

Excellent work. Very professional and courteous. Good price, and completed on schedule.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, plumbing, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

Michael M.

It was such a pleasure to work with Greg, Adam and Nate. They all made the entire process stress free. Great communication and they never failed to follow up if/when we had questions. Finished work looks spectacular!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, carpet installation, countertops, drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

10/28/2021

Jason L.

I am very pleased with the work that was performed. Everything looks better than new. Very professional, punctual, great communication skills with myself and with my insurance company. It was a great stress relief as they took care of most of the legwork with my insurance company and are very good at keeping you informed throughout the process.

Description of Work
Exterior siding/brickwork and foundation repair. Interior framing/sheet rock and overhead door.

Category concrete repair, drywall, garage doors, insulation, masonry, siding, fireplaces, interior painters, doors, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

10/03/2021

Anne R.

It went well, they adjusted from our specification, they are flexible, pretty much in line and they were good in communication, overall it went well.

Description of Work
Major remodeling

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 02/03/2019

09/28/2021

Joe L.

It went great. Greg came out and gave me a good estimate an estimated time frame of when they would be able to do the work. They guys who came to do the work did a great job and picked up after themselves. Adam answered all my questions that I had during the process. Great company, would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace window with exterior door

Category doors

Work Completed On 09/21/2021

11/15/2020

Nancy D.

We moved to a 40 year old home which needed a complete kitchen and 2 bathrooms remodeled. Didn't look anywhere other than Building Renewal because of beautiful remodel they did on our previous home. Kitchen and 3/4 bathroom were totally gutted and they look beautiful and modern. The full bathroom was remodeled except for the bathtub and it looks wonderful. We had dining room carpet removed and replaced with the same flooring as the new kitchen and we had most of the main floor level repainted. The work was meticulous as before, staff was professional and when needed they subcontracted the professionals that worked on our previous home. As previously, we received a daily schedule but there were some "down" days due to subcontactors schedules. This remodel makes our 40 year old home look brand new and we get wonderful compliments.

Description of Work
Jan-Mar 2020 Complete kitchen and 2 bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

10/30/2020

Katrina S.

Greg and Adam were so great to work with. Greg provides us many layout options and the process for design and finishings selections before starting construction provided a no surprise project. Adam was great as a project manager and kept us up to date on the timeline, who/what work to expect when and clearly communicated any delays. The team worked on the weekend to finish the project up so we could use the bathroom on the timeline communicated. I would highly recommend the team at Building Renewal.

Description of Work
Master Bath Remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, carpet installation, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

10/20/2020

Lori R.

Extremely well! Greg , Adam and their team not only did an amazing job in rebuilding our deck, they were professional from beginning to the end of our project. They listened to our ideas . They kept in constant communication and were punctual! End product, a beautiful well built deck we enjoy everyday! We will hire them again for any future projects!

Description of Work
New deck with maintenance free decking. Added electrical outlets.

Category decks, electrician

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

10/20/2020

Laura E.

I cannot give high enough praises. I was treated with respect, with white glove service for every aspect of construction, repair snd remodel.

Description of Work
remodel interior water damage, remodel bathroom, replace roof, gutters

Category custom cabinets, countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, landscaping, masonry, replacement windows, garage builders, home builders, ceiling fans, marble & granite, glass block, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

Review for Building Renewal Inc - 21375 County Rd 5 NW, Big Lake, MN - 38969842

11/14/2019

Cheryl H.

This was our first time hiring a contractor and he building renewal was awesome. The time frame they provided for the work to finished was right on schedule. The employee were very professional and the quality for work was great. If we had any questions, they got back to us with answers right away. I would recommend Building Renewal to all my family and friends.

Description of Work
We added a bathroom to our basement

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

11/13/2019

Tara B.

The work that Greg and his team did for me was great. This is the second time Greg has helped me, the first being back when the tornado came through Minneapolis and I needed a new roof and garage. This time I had attempted to have a store replace some really bad vinyl tile laid over linoleum and put down a new floor. The store pulled up the old floor but because the subfloor was "uneven" they would not lay the new floor. My house is over 100 years old and it was mid-summer so I was having difficulty finding someone to fix the subfloor. Greg came out (a long way, too!) and took a look. I had some other odds and ends that I needed done too--a leaking ceiling because of a window frame, a handrail for some outside steps and changing out the way my gas oven was connected--and Greg agreed to help me with those items as well. His team was available right away and they were wonderful! It did not take them long at all to fix my problems. The store where I purchased my new flooring eventually sent someone to lay the flooring but they did not feel the subfloor was even enough. There is only so much you can do with a house that is 100+ years old. I called Greg again and he was more than willing to send his floor guys to my rescue again. Everything turned out to be fabulous. The ceiling no longer leaks, my outside steps are safe, and Greg even referred my gas oven problem to his plumber so that got fixed as well. Most importantly, my new flooring is beautiful! I definitely recommend Building Renewal and will use them again!

Description of Work
Replacement of subfloor, installation of vinyl plank flooring, window surround sealed to stop leaking.

Category flooring contractor, replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

11/09/2019

Betty C.

I recently had an extensive repair done by Building Renewal. I have had work done with them previously and was very satisfied. They arrived when they said they would, they were very careful with surrounding areas, and very pleasant. They answered all my questions and explained what needed to be done and why. At the end of the day, everything was cleaned up. When the repair was completed, I was very satisfied! I will always call Building Renewal!

Description of Work
I recently had an extensive repair done due to water damage in the basement.

Category contractors, drywall, egress windows, hardwood floor, insulation, remodeling, water damage restoration, replacement windows, woodworking, foundation repair, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/01/2018

10/30/2019

Jeremy J.

We have used Building Renewal Inc for several large projects (basement finishing, water damage restoration, and deck) and always come away satisfied. Greg and Adam and their crews are all great to work with. I know I can trust them to always do the right thing and to have open and honest communication. They are always up front on expected costs and any changes, and are extremely organized. There is no guessing as to what is happening in the project or who will be at the house that day as it's detailed out in the project plan. I really appreciate the design/build process and the detail that Greg goes into to ensure the project is on budget and the design we are looking for. Both Greg and Adam are always easy to reach and kept me up to date on what was happening in the project to ensure things move forward on schedule. Our kitchen and main floor remodel was a large project that involved knocking down two walls with a brand new kitchen layout, and what could have been a very stressful project was made much easier thanks to Greg and Adam's expertise and process. We were hoping to have the project done by a certain date and they made sure to keep us on track with our decisions to meet that goal (which they did)! I can't say enough good things about working with them, and I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again or refer them to anyone else! Thanks again for the beautiful work you've done on our house!

Description of Work
Kitchen and Main Floor Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

10/28/2019

Allison B.

Building Renewal was very accommodating in working with small square footage cabin to remodel kitchen and bathroom without compromising space or actually increasing space with their expertise. They walked me thorough the whole process and were very educational, suggesting ideas to solve problem areas. The end result is beautiful!! 💗

Description of Work
Kitchen -bathroom remodel, New flooring, mechanical closet installed to accommodate water heater and softener. Paint kitchen and living area. Remove entryway and create small entry way and doors. Install insulation, sky light.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, glass repair, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

10/25/2019

Eric K.

The project went very well. We appreciated the prompt arrival and professional workmanship. The team did a great job keeping our house tidy during the process. They even corrected a few issues in our aging home and corrected them on the fly. Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Window Replacement

Category insulation, replacement windows, home remodeling