Bosworth Builders LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2012

3393 Remembrance Rd NW

Walker, MI 49534

We are a Owner run and operated Building Company. We require a 50% deposit on most projects with final payment on completion and satisfaction of Client....

11/29/2017

Allison B.

I tried contacting several contractors about this job, and Ben was the only one who responded to me. Therefore, he got the job! As for the quality of the work, he clearly has high standards for himself and his crew. A couple of times certain details weren't quite looking right, and he very quickly identified and fixed them. One of the best things in my opinion is that he has quite an eye for design, and I felt like I could trust him to take a certain amount of artistic license with the project. He suggested several really cool ideas that ended up enhancing the look of the final project. Not feeling like I had to be super vigilant about watching what was happening was very nice. I will say that if this had been a bigger project, I wouldn't have minded a little more communication, and to see more formal plans. But because I trusted him to deliver a quality product (and he did), it was easy to overlook. In addition, I think this was a comparatively small project that he kind of squeezed in, which I'm grateful for, because other contractors I tried to contact did not get back with me at all. Our front entrance ended up turning out great, and I will definitely try to use Bosworth Builders for any future projects!

Description of Work
Front porch and retaining wall were settling and in sad shape, not to mention ugly. Ben and his crew did demo and excavation of old porch, sidewalk, and retaining wall; poured new footings, built a new porch, poured new sidewalk, built new retaining wall, and installed new edging.

11/13/2017

Jeff E.

He was easy to work with and very responsive. I will hire him again in heartbeat. Prices were good too!

Description of Work
Ben laid the driveway Ashphalt Millings.

Category excavators

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the nice review. Appreciate it! Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the future.

09/26/2017

Bert C.

Ben and his staff started the job faster than he promised and finished well ahead of schedule. Believe all the glowing reviews you read about Bosworth Builders LLC because they are accurate. Ben and staff are pleasant to work with, good at what they do and consistent with what they say. The deck work was so good, I had additional work done by Bosworth Builders LLC at my home. They did great work drywalling and trimming out my garage and design/building new front entry columns. All work is top notch and Bosworth Builders is an easy company to work with. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I contacted Ben Bosworth based on his listing as a TREXPRO® deck builder on Trex's website. I checked him out on-line including Angie's List. Ben had high ratings and very positive comments so I hired him to tear off a 12 year old treated lumber deck surface, railing and steps and replace with Trex product.

Category decks, picture framing, siding, woodworking

05/17/2017

Helga T.

Over all, well - Mr. Bosworth had subcontractors lay the foundation for the deck, but he was not happy with how they did it so it had to be redone. Some other contractors might have missed that or let it go, but Mr. Bosworth did not. At the end of the job, we have a beautiful deck.

Description of Work
Deck replaced

05/13/2017

Jeff B.

Ben was fantastic helping me choose what I wanted done and what would look best. Extremely happy with out come. I would hire Ben Bosworth again for sure. All his workers were very nice and prompt.

Description of Work
Had patio redone

Category decks, excavators, picture framing, gutter repair, roofing, woodworking, patios

05/03/2017

Gerry M.

I did not hire Bosworth Builders. Still thinking about it.

Description of Work
Building of a screened in porch.

04/26/2016

Elizabeth M.

Ben met with us for an estimate and consultation. Even though the price was going to be higher than we'd anticipated, we were willing to pay it because of the quality of materials Ben proposed. He was able to schedule us the following week which was great so we could start to enjoy our deck right away. Ben, Brian, Manny and Jamie arrived punctually on the first day and began to demo the old deck. They were diligent and worked hard all day. Each day they arrived by 7:30 a.m. and got right to work. We were amazed at the care they took in every step of the process including demo, measuring, cutting the boards, and constructing the deck. They never seemed to settle for less than perfect. The crew was polite and friendly. They cleaned up the work area every day. Our son-in-law is in the construction business, too, and he was very impressed with the quality of work he saw. The deck was complete in four or five days, and when the inspector came, he said the work done by Bosworth is always high quality. Ben was great to work with and we enjoyed talking with him. We would highly recommend Bosworth Builders to anyone looking for quality work done on their home.

Description of Work
We had a 16 x 20 ft. deck put on the back of our house. An older, smaller deck was removed.

03/13/2016

Deborah H.

Ben was great. He worked with us through a few design iterations, accommodating to our needs and bringing some great new ideas. His bid came in well below a competitor. His crew started when he said they would and he emailed us every day or two with an update on progress and understandable delays. The crew kept the worksite pretty clean (well, as clean as possible in February snow & mud). The deck looks great and we're looking forward to using it this summer.

Description of Work
Torn down old deck and replaced with a new composite deck (12'x16' plus stairs and adjusting our built-in gas grill).

Category decks, woodworking

11/19/2015

Carla G.

From start to finish everything went smoothly. Ben recommended due to the good condition of our existing kitchen that we might want to donate all of it to Habitat for Humanity. We agreed and he arranged everything. They came and removed the old kitchen on Friday. Monday morning Ben's crew showed up. By Friday the new kitchen, except for the countertops and backsplash was complete. He installed temporary countertops until the new ones were ready. He arranged and scheduled the installation, painting, countertops, plumbing, electrical, and tile work. I could not be more pleased with the work, the service, the courtesy, and especially the attention to detail. I absolutely love the new kitchen. Ben has done work for us in the past and I would recommend him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen cabinets, hardware, countertops, sink, faucets, backsplash, outlets and repainted kitchen.

Category decks, woodworking, home remodeling

07/31/2015

Rosemary G.

I had three service providers to my home to give me quotes on removing my old wooden two-level deck in backyard and build a new deck with accessibility to my home. Ben Bosworth was the only one to provide a design that was one level thus eliminating possible safety issues. His quote was similar to another provider's two-level deck with ramps quote. Ben's price was fair for the amount of work/materials required for the project. I feel I received my money's worth.The deck, ramps, and landing were built with composite material (TREX) and to ADA compliance. The deck is approximately 15x30' with ramps 5x20' and two 5x5' landings. The final result is more that I could have imagined: extremely functional for my young grandson's power wheelchair to access my home and it looks fantastic ("Home Beautiful" magazine quality.) The work crew were prompt and kept the worksite clean even washing deck daily as each phase was completed. Workers were polite and professional.Ben made sure the deck met my needs and was quality-built. TREX representative checked out the final deck project ensuring it met their criteria it did.Thank you, Ben, I love my new deck and so does my grandson, Thomas. He says it is like going to a hotel.

Description of Work
Removed old two-level deck and built one-level composite deck and ramp, moved/replaced door to accommodate one-level, transitioned inside/outside house at sliding doors, and got building permits.

Category decks, woodworking, doors

Thank you for your kind words. Glad to hear that Thomas gives it his stamp of approval and that it is functional for him. It was a pleasure to work on your project! Enjoy!!!

07/13/2015

Judith H.

Initial contact was fast following my inquiry but followup work did not occur for six weeks. Contractors who performed the work were professional and knowledgeable. Cost was a bit expensive.

Description of Work
Installed a concrete aggregate step, safety rail, and helmut gutters. Also power washed walk and applied sealer

06/27/2015

Damien S.

We met with a lot of prospective contractors and builders on this project. The job was to replace an old, rotted cantilevered balcony off the back of our house. We knew exactly what we wanted, provided photographs and were not willing to compromise on design. It had to be a modern, minimalist design, using hardwood and had to have an aluminum and stainless steel cable railing system for great views. There were a few builders who didn't even want to tackle the project, urging us instead to go with a more traditional design and materials. Those designs did not suit our house at all and those contractors were quickly eliminated. Ben met with us several times, always on time, to go over the design and details before we made our decision to use Bosworth. The design was approv by an engineer and a permit was pulled. While price was not the lowest, it was fair and he was willing to construct exactly what we wanted, to the tee. Ben's crew, including Travis, Manny, and others were very professional, punctual and did a great job with the cleanup. Even the neighbors commented how professional and courteous they were. Ben included me in the decision process from start to finish, and I am very satisfied with the end result. He used high-end materials for a great, finished product. I was also comforted with the warranty that he provided . I will not hesitate to contact Bosworth again in the future when I get ready for the next building project. Any homeowner considering Bosworth Builders should have zero hesitation regarding their capabilities and workmanship. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Cantilevered balcony. Tropical hardwood with cable railing.

Category decks, home builders

06/15/2015

Keenan F.

Contacted via Angies List and never heard from them.

Description of Work
Contacted via Angies List and never heard from them.

Category decks

I am sorry that we some how missed your inquiry. I went back through the messages and could not find any that I had missed or that had your name on it. If you called directly, then I sincerely apologize that I did not follow up.

05/27/2015

Mila W.

I spoke with the builder or one of his employees over the phone and he had no customer service skills whatsoever. I understand that people are busy, but the whole point of advertising is to drum up business so you should expect people to call you and be thankful that your advertising is working. When I called, the person on the phone sounded very annoyed that I called. He demanded to know how I found out about him. When I stated it was over the internet he seemed even more annoyed. I stated that I wanted a deck built. His seemed to want to do everything possible to discourage me from using his company and he sure did that well. He wanted to know what size deck I wanted which after some thought I agreed that it would be about 12' x 12'. Not a large deck by any means. Then he wants to know if I have approval with my condo association. I told him that I have approval for an even larger deck and that I have to submit the plans for final approval. He then wanted to know how much I was willing to spend and told me the least it would cost was $7,000 but a 12' x 12' deck normally costs around $11,000. So, I'm sitting there looking at estimates from Lowes for a composite deck that would cost at the most $5,000 and seriously not understanding why his pricing was almost double. My little deck would not be a complicated design by any means. So, here is my problem with the contractor; when a customer calls, don't act like they are bothering you. If you don't want business, then don't advertise. If you only want to accept projects for a certain dollar amount, then advertise that too. Believe me you will be able to screen out customers you don't want much faster and waste no one's time. And finally, don't you need to actually see the project site and draw up plans and materials before making estimates? I am completely confused by all the good ratings this person is getting that prompted me to call them. If a person has this attitude towards customers, I can't even imagine what working with them on a project would be like. UPDATE: The builder would like you to believe that he first asked me my budget. That never happened. The builder told me from the beginning that they would not build a deck for less than $11,000. He never gave me a chance to say what my budget was although he is trying to lead you to believe that he did. As for telling me that it wasn't possible? I already know that the materials would cost around $1900 for a larger deck. I already had the deck plan designed. So this guy is trying to tell me that he charges for labor would be in excess of $9,000 at the high end and $5,000 at the low end? Labor shouldn't be $3,000. How dare you assume that people don't actually research before they start making inquiries. is getting that prompted me to ca

Description of Work
Provide estimate on a deck.

Category decks

I am sorry to hear that [Member name removed] had a bad experience with our company. It is standard practice for our company to ask questions on initial contact, but we do not want our clients to feel like they are being interrogated. It is important that we as a business owner know how potential customers are finding our company so that we know what advertising dollars are working and which are not. We keep track of this information in our data base. We also feel its important to know if potential clients have a budget they are working with. It's not to weed out clients, but helps establish a baseline for materials to be used, size, scope, etc. When [Member name removed] stated her budget for a possible 12x12 deck on a 2nd story level, I felt pretty comfortable telling her I didn't think it would be possible. I don't like giving false hope or hiding cost just to land a job and then slap a surprise bill on a client mid way or after the project is done. I have done enough of these decks to know ballpark figure for low and high end for this type of project. As a business owner, we strive to have 100% customer satisfaction, whether that is a potential client or existing. We are also realistic in knowing that we can not be a perfect fit for everyone. I sincerely apologize to [Member name removed] that her expectations were not met on initial contact. As a company, we will continue to improve our customer service process and thank [Member name removed] for her input as it will strengthen our resolve for improvement.

04/30/2015

Ron M.

Project was completed in just a couple weeks. Work crew was very professional, courteous, and put in a full day's work everyday. At completion of project, they were very conscientious about leaving behind a cleaned-up project site - much appreciated.

Description of Work
Built an elevated deck with rounded design, railings and steps. Installed gutter on back of house.

Category decks, gutter repair

Thanks [member name removed] for the review. Please let us know if you have any problems or if there is anything we can help you with in the future. Enjoy your new deck!

04/27/2015

Justin F.

It went great! They were booked out a bit, as to be expected, but he was upfront with that when providing the quote. The design was unique, the workers were extremely prompt and friendly, and they were done reasonably quick - even though we dealt with multiple rainy days which pushed the project back a bit. Couldn't be happier with the final result!

Description of Work
Built a deck off our sunroom. The space was a tricky one to work with since we have a giant tree just about ten feet off the door, but they made it work by coming up with a unique design.

03/30/2015

Regan L.

They did all demolition & clean up. I am very pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
They replaced a 50 foot wrap around deck and also did an under deck sealing.

12/22/2014

William C.

The crew was great! Ben was very insightful and put up with A LOT of calls from me to be sure we were making the right choice. Even after the job, he'll still pick up the phone to answer any questions I've come up with. We have a young daughter who loved watching the deck go up. The crew humored her every step of the way. It was like getting a babysitter thrown in for free.

Description of Work
12x20 deck put on house.

12/02/2014

GRANT Y.

It went awesome and no complaints. If you want a builder who is skilled, talented, reasonable, and professional... then I encourage you to go with Bosworth Builders!

Description of Work
We own a duplex and had Bosworth builders install two flights of steps on each side with a landing. We initially worked with another contractor that we had to fire due to poor quality of work. We had both of the old steps ripped out by the contractor we fired and desperately needed steps to be finished ASAP. Bosworth was kind enough to step in, pick up the pieces from the previous guy, prioritize us into their schedule in a timely manner, and complete both sides in 3 days time. And they maintained quality all at the same time. Overall, we were very pleased with working with Bosworth Builders and we will be using them for future jobs.

10/10/2014

George F.

We were impressed with Mr. Bosworth's professionalism and forthrightness. He took the time to go over all the options and materials available, and the pros and cons of each. He tried to help us find the materials and options that were best for us, NOT what was most expensive or "top-of-the-line" (in contrast with a different Trex builder that we consulted with). We really liked his ideas, and we love the finished results. Bosworth was able to move quickly on our project and finish it within a few weeks, with pretty much no hassle or disruption to us as the homeowners. We would not hesitate to recommend this company or use them again.

Description of Work
Renovated our old elevated wooden deck and installed a lovely new deck with Trex materials. Also built a patio of multicolored paver stones on the ground level and built a staircase to connect the deck to the lower patio.

Category decks, landscaping, hardscaping, patios

09/25/2014

Paul T.

They were very professional, responded fast, they were the middle as far as estimates we got. They were delayed in starting a few days due to weather and holidays but once they got started the project went very fast. There were a couple hiccups with their workers borrowing our trash cans to clean up, but a clean jobsite was worth being without trash cans a couple days. They got the job done with excellent quality construction and when my wife had questions they walked her through everything until she was satisfied. Will definately use them for projects in the future!

Description of Work
Tear off and rebuild large back deck on house

Category decks, excavators

09/11/2014

Kaine A.

Ben took our ideas and knew how to make them work. He also had some suggestions that we really liked. His team worked hard. The build quality of the deck is great and we are extremely happy with it.

Description of Work
Demolished our existing deck and three season room. Replaced with a larger partially covered deck and ceiling.

Category decks, sunrooms

Thanks [removed member name] for the nice review. Love the project video! Appreciate you taking the time to post on Angie's List.

07/11/2014

Sean S.

Ben and his subs did a wonderful job. They were all very professional and took pride in their work. They cleaned up after themselves every day and answered any questions we had. They made the entire remodel project a pleasure for us. The agent from the VA was very impressed with the quality of work when he came for the final inspection. Even the people at our township hall were impressed with how polite and squared away everyone involved in the project were. All the materials that Ben used were of top quality and also made in the USA which was something we appreciated. This was our first big remodel project and we were glad to have the VA help guide is through the process, after talking to some of our relatives and the VA agent we fell lucky our first remodel experience went this well. I know Ben was part of the reason that things went so well.

Description of Work
We used Ben Bosworth for our VA SAH remodel project. This project included converting a bedroom into an accessible bathroom and replaced our back deck and front porch with accessible ramps.

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

06/02/2014

Betty S.

In making the initial presentation for the desk project (the first job he did for us), Ben Bosworth came across as professional and knowledgeable about decks made with our preferred material Trex (which we had had a good experience with at a former home). We had been inclined to give the job to another contractor, with whom we had had a positive experience, but Bosworth's estimate was not only substantially lower but he came up with a design for the patio that we liked, and also seemed more experienced than the other contractor in using Trex. We are also pleased with his having taken time to present us with alternative materials and styles for the railing and with the final result. We were so impressed by Bosworth's work on the deck project that we did not consider anyone else for installing an adjoining patio. Ben Bosworth took the time to present us with various alternative paving materials, styles, and colors. We have been pleased with how well the composite pavers have weathered the last harsh winter. We also had Ben Bosworth, who mentioned having expertise with handicap-accommodation, to install a grab bar in the master bathroom. The result is both sturdy and attractive. All projects were done promptly, with the exception that we had to ask to have metal edging around the patio, which, because of the unset of winter, had to wait until the next spring, when the edging was installed promptly when weather permitted. We've received compliments on both the desk and patio, which look great.

Description of Work
Three separate projects: 1) 18 ft. x 19 ft. Trex deck with 6 ft. stairway with built-in bench, 2) 266 sq. ft. patio using pavers made from a composite material, with a flower planter to match the deck, and 3) handicap-accommodation for master bathroom.

Category decks, hardscaping, patios

01/27/2014

Traci L.

very nice. Professional. Estimate way to high

Description of Work
came over and gave me an estimate for my deck

Category decks

Although I don't remember the particulars with this estimate, Consumers have to be able to compare apples to apples. Most times this is very hard to do. There are many Contractors that are working under questionable conditions (no Insurance, no License, lack of Training/education, etc.). There is no way that a Contractor working under the best of conditions can be price competitive to someone working out of their trunk who throws prices out and then midway through the job, their asking for more money because of this factor and this unforeseen condition. Bosworth Builders LLC does not work like that. Any additional cost are usually because of upgrades at client request. When I prepare an estimate, I encompass all aspects of the job (nothing hidden), using materials that I know are some of the best in the industry that will perform for years to come. That is why I guarantee my work and the materials I use come with high Manufactures warranties. Our Company is not the cheapest in the area, but Consumers can be confident that they will get the best results for their project, for the price they were quoted, or I won't call their project complete. You will not find any of my Customers calling Mike Holmes for help.