The cost to dig a trench is relatively low, as it’s usually just the first step in a larger home project. In this guide we explain how much it costs to dig a trench to make room for things like utilities and foundations and what factors can drive up that
Get matched with top excavators in Kalamazoo, MI
There are 7 highly-rated local excavators.
Matching on Angi
Recent Excavating Reviews in Kalamazoo
- Molnar ConstructionMolnar Construction completed a very extensive project that we envisioned in December 2013. Coming from musical families, we had hoped to add a music room addition, off the back of our home and living room, in place of our then existing deck. However, we live in an area where the water table is relatively high, so we weren?t even sure such a project was possible. In addition to that, we wanted the new room well insulated, and also add a new deck with steps to a new concrete patio underneath. This meant building the room on stilts. We also wanted to re-purpose our huge picture window into the new room, not only to save cost but also to capture our beautiful view of woods and pond. We figured the demolition alone for such a project could be challenging, because our home is in close proximity to a nature preserve. Because of that, care needed to be taken for ecological reasons, as well. After interviewing several contractors?we realized not everyone shared our vision. We met with Dan in March 2014 to discuss our goals and consider options. Our first meeting confirmed all the positive feedback we read about Molnar Construction on Angie?s list. From the get-go, Dan was personable, knowledgeable, considerate, and willing to work with our ideas. Although we had acquired three estimates, we felt Dan?s was the most detailed, and fair, considering the proposed undertaking. (Note: our final cost exceeded the original estimate, due primarily to the addition of a new roof, skylight, downspouts, gutter covers, and some extra electrical and carpentry work.) Dan and his crew were amazing!!! The care, positive attitudes, and professionalism they all brought to work each day were high caliber. Every evening, the job site was cleaned up to perfection! We were especially impressed when one of Dan?s employees used a metal detector to remove nails in the grass, after the roofing work was completed. With two dogs, that was an important detail for us. The concrete work on the patio surpassed our expectations ? LOVE all the curves! And re-grading/seeding the yard will be appreciated again next spring. Our project took approximately 8 weeks to complete and was the most enjoyable project we?ve ever undertaken. Molnar Construction has literally made our dreams come true! Easy to work with, their hard work and dedication-to-detail will impact our lives for many years to come. We?d like to personally thank Dan- you undoubtedly have a bright future, based on your personal integrity, up-beat attitude, and knowledge of the industry, as well as your many construction talents. We appreciate that you choose like-minded individuals to make up your team. A big shout out of thanks to Eric ? we like to think of you as co-pilot to Dan. You are one talented carpenter! Thank you for helping make our home so beautiful. Thank you also to Brandon, of Gilroy Painting. You and Nate did an amazing job in the music room, and completing the walls in the main house (the French doors are beautiful, beyond words). And the use of the eco-friendly filter when sanding was greatly appreciated. Thanks to Don who did the drywall, and also using eco-friendly products. Thanks to Tom, and his crew, who put in the carpet. Job well-done and appreciated each day as we enjoy the cushy feeling underfoot. Once again, thanks, Dan, to you and your crew. We look forward to working on future projects with you all again. BRAVO
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLCBryan and his crew are amazing. The most professional, tidy, responsive people I have had do work at my home. They came and prepared the garage floor area for the foundation repair company. They were flexible and very patient. The overall work is incredible. I cannot say more about Bryan and his guys. I would recommend and use his company again in a heart beat. Bryan thank you for all the great work you do
- LANTZ EXCAVATINGGreat experience with Eric. Work performed excellently and in a timely manner. Will definitely contact again for future excavation needs.
- LANTZ EXCAVATINGEric and crew did an excellent job. Completed as quoted and with as little disturbance to area around site as possible. Will definitely hire again for the next job.
- 21st Century Concrete & lawnDale Brown was wonderful. He scheduled quickly, showed up early, worked efficiently and completed our job in a timely fashion. The price we paid was more than fair. We're very pleased with the results and would definitely hire 21st Century again.
- Tom Alexsich ExcavationHe is absolutely wonderfull. He has all kinds of equipment. He put dump truck loads of crashd concrete on our driveway and did a great job. We had a problem on one of our farm buidings and he was able to drag the dirt away from the building so the water would move. He built a walk way where our irrigation system is. He recommended a guy who could place a rock bed in my yard. It was all nice and flat again. He also does snow ploughs. He ploughs all night and fixes his truck during the day. He also installed two dry wells. He is top notch
- DAVEY'S DOZING LLCVery professional! Our existing concrete driveway, built in 1939/40 was broken in many places. The remains of a 3 foot tall retaining wall barely kept our entire driveway from sliding into our neighbor's driveway below it. The existing retaining wall was made of stones cemented together. The stone did not allow water to seep out so repeated freeze and thaw cycles had pushed the wall over. Not only was it leaning into the neighbor's driveway, parts of it had broken and fallen into his driveway. Davey's Dozing came over and tore out the broken concrete slabs and the old retaining wall. They replaced the retaining wall by fitting new fieldstone together without mortar. The water can now seep out between the stone. They put a drain in along the driveway and put in gravel. While over here, we mentioned that our front concrete stoop was now leaning due to the concrete slab it was on. Davy's called in another company they work with and they came over to raise the stoop along with some other problem areas we had. It was all done within 2-3 days. It has been several years since the work was done. Both the driveway and stone wall are still beautiful. While they were here, I found out the secret to their stonework... They call one of their employees the "stone whisperer". Apparently, he listens to the stone (he most likely just studies their shapes) and stacks them which is why they fit together so perfectly. I thought that was funny but a definite selling point. We had a very good experience working with this company
- VIC'S SEPTIC TANK SVCHad this done at our cottage near Mendon. Luke showed up right on time. While he was unable to correct the flow problem , Paul came out later and fixed within a few minutes. Happy to have these guys in the area.
- Hoyt McMillon ConstructionHe came as a recommendation and he was terrific. I was really pleased with his work and I would use him again.
- BURROWS SEPTIC SVCThe work went well. Zach from Burrows showed up earl for the appointment. I pretty much knew where the septic tank was located and I helped Zach dig out the lid, which wasn't to deep. Zach pumped the tank down and I helped by spraying the inside with water to help the process. So this was a pretty simple job compared to some but Zach what was needed in a professional manner. There were no spills and I volunteered to replace the sod
Last update on January 2, 2020
Excavators in Kalamazoo
Explore our Solution Center for helpful excavator articles
Planning a yard project? Know when to call 811 to keep you safe while avoiding expensive damage to underground utilities.
What’s the cost of residential excavation? Before any new build, from a basement to a pool, knowing how much an excavator will cost is essential to staying on budget. Learn pricing estimates for various excavation projects and common excavation FAQs.
Find excavators in
- Hickory Corners,
- Paw Paw,
- East Leroy,
excavators in Kalamazoo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Preferred Plumbing & Heating7760 N 6th St
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009
- Preferred Plumbing & Heating
- 3D Structural20115 Jackson Road
South Bend, Indiana 46614
- 3D Structural
- Bob's Ext Contract Inc.8817 N 39 Th St
AUGUSTA, Michigan 49012
- Bob's Ext Contract Inc.
- Countryside Landworks LLC4373 Wood School Rd
Hastings, Michigan 49058
- Countryside Landworks LLC
- Extreme Landscaping105 42nd St
BLOOMINGDALE, Michigan 49026
- Extreme Landscaping
- Hoyt McMillon Construction10691 D Dr N
Ceresco, Michigan 49033
- Hoyt McMillon Construction
- J & B Professional Tree Service Inc1811 W Osterhout
Portage, Michigan 49024
- J & B Professional Tree Service Inc
- LANTZ EXCAVATING43619 30TH ST
Paw Paw, Michigan 49079
- LANTZ EXCAVATING
- Molnar Construction10061 W V Ave
Schoolcraft, Michigan 49087
- Molnar Construction
- NES Septic & Plumbing920 S Constantine St
Three Rivers, Michigan 49093
- NES Septic & Plumbing
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLC1525 Goguac St W
Battle Creek, Michigan 49015
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLC
- STARKS EXCAVATING14950 M-60
Three Rivers, Michigan 49093
- STARKS EXCAVATING