Arundel Construction

Founded 1995 • With Angi since July 2011

We have been in business for over 30 Years. I have had the same workers for an average of 8 years. I do not sub contract out my roofs to the cheapest bidder like most of my competitors. We give the best price as well as the best workmanship than our competitors. You will see this when you have us

4.4

4.4

4.2

4.2

roofing (30)handyman (68)tile installation (7)drywall (4)gutter cleaning (3)door installation (2)home remodeling (2)ceiling fan installation (2)gutter repair (2)basement remodeling (1)patio enclosures (1)lighting (1)

sharon C.

They did a great job! They came and finished in a timely matter, kept the job site clean and were very reasonable. Very satisfied Customer!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

kathryn S.

I am very pleased with my new roof. The job was done in a day and it looks great. I would recommend Arundel Construction to my friends. They also installed backsplashes in my kitchen and powder room. The quality of their work is impressive and the workers are friendly and professional.

Description of Work
roofing

Category ceramic tile, countertops, roofing

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

Review for Arundel Construction - 8995 Bridgett Ln, La Plata, MD - 38924738

mike C.

He did a wonderful job very courteous cleaned up well very happy thank you will hire again

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

06/14/2018

Aisha C.

Did excellent work. Prompt, thorough, and even fixed some shingles at no cost. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Gutters Cleaned

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

Work Completed On 05/20/2016

10/07/2017

Aisha C.

Excellent. Highly recommend this company. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Gutters cleaned

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, roofing

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

08/07/2017

crystal B.

I was very pleased with the owners responsiveness and follow-up. He came out right away and provided a same day quote for the work. Unfortunately time lapsed since I was going back and forth with the insurance company but he kept in touch. When it came time to complete the job, he was able to fit me in before the scheduled date since the materials came in earlier than expected. His men showed up promptly at 7:30 am as promised and got right to work. My husband and I were extremely pleased with their level of professionalism and attention to detail especially when it came time to clean up everything. They walked around the house and ensured all debris, dirt and nails were cleaned up and hauled away. I promise it looked like they were never there until you looked up to see the new roof. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a new roof!

Description of Work
New Roof/Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

05/02/2017

Carla B.

Everything was AWESOME! All work was professionally done in a timely manner. The owner, Rob is honest, professional and very knowledgeable. All employees were polite, respectful, prompt and efficient. When the job was complete there were no nails, debris or old shingles left behind. It was like they were never here replacing our roof. Overall, the whole job was excellent! We would defiantly use this company again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and frist time attic fan.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

Review for Arundel Construction - 8995 Bridgett Ln, La Plata, MD - 34949971

04/11/2017

K P.

They were very accommodating, efficient and professional. The work was done expeditiously and they left no debris around. They made a major home improvement task very easy for the homeowner.

Description of Work
Roof Installation

Work Completed On 04/09/2017

03/02/2017

hadrien B.

Rob Hughes was very professional. Gave me an instant quote and suggested that I contact the original roofer to find out if it is still under warrenty. Due to time constraints I have decided to have Mr Hughes do the roof instead. The roof was fixed promptly the next day and a timely manner.

Description of Work
Roof had gaps/holes were water would enter and damage the inside of the house.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

02/25/2017

Betty P.

He got on roof and measure and assessed the work himself. His company was very fast and got the work done in a timely manner.. His crew clean up the area very well. They were very professional. I would definitely use his company again and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Tear off roof and replaced new roof

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

01/04/2017

Carlton G.

Outstanding! Rob Hughes called us the same day as our inquiry. He schedule an appointment for an estimate. He showed up on time, analyzed the problem and took pictures of the roof to show us where we had damage. He recommended a solution with a reasonable estimate and offered to take care of it the same day. Of course, we jumped at that opportunity as we were worried about these problems for some time. He went to get supplies and came back with an assistant. They quickly cleaned out the nest, repaired the roofs, and fixed the garage ceiling. They cleaned up afterwards. Everything looks great! We are really pleased -- we recommend Rob and will certainly hire him again in the future.

Description of Work
We had water damage in our garage from a leaky roof. We also had damage from where birds built a nest in the awnings. We wanted the roof and garage ceiling repaired. We also wanted the nest removed the roof repaired to prevent future nests.

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

12/20/2016

Kathleen N.

The work was done in one day, with NO debris left (they brought in a truck with a dumpster and hauled everything away). It needed a little bit of tweaking, so Rob came by and took about 5 minutes to secure some flashing. My new roof and gutters look terrific. I would recommend Arundel Construction.

Description of Work
I needed a roof replaced. After 4 different estimates that I felt were too expensive for a small house, I requested help from Angie's List. Rob Hughes from Arundel responded with a good price.The I added gutters to the project, which he accommodated. The timing was good too, since I wanted it done before the bad weather set in.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

06/02/2016

Joyce M. D.

Arundel Construction did a great job for a great price in installing a new roof on my home to get it ready for sale. Owner Rob Hughes patiently worked with me to select the best shingles, and worked to find me the best price for the highest quality materials. While weather delayed the start of the project, he got the job done as quickly as possible, realizing we wanted to get the property on the market. We almost had a major complaint in the workmen trashing the yard with the two-layers of shingles that were pulled off before the new roof was put on. I contacted Rob that evening, and he moved to correct the situation, calling his workmen. They picked up all of their trash and left the property clean. My only other complaint is that I asked they replace the chimney cap that had blown off, but they did not do so. Despite that, the work they did was high quality and Rob Hughes was professional, patient and cooperative. I got a great roof for a phenomenal price.

Description of Work
The provider installed a new roof on my home.

Work Completed On 05/25/2016

04/15/2016

Michael D.

Rob Hughes called me back immediately and arranged for the work ASAP! The workers came and started early in the morning and continued to work through the day and they were done with everything early evening! I recommend Arundel Construction because they are professional and true to their word!

Description of Work
Removed old roof and installed new shingles.

Work Completed On 03/18/2016

10/11/2015

robert M.

I have been speaking to Rob the owner from the very start. He came out look at my home and gave me a great proposal to do the job. He gave me a date and time and he stuck to that. His men were men very professional. They did everything he said they would do. They even went further. They replaced the whole back side of my home (roof). His price to do the job was great. I will use Arundel Construction for future jobs and i would recommend him to every one. Rob stayed in touch with me from the very being. I am very please.

Description of Work
replace total back side of my roof all the way to the sun deck

Work Completed On 10/09/2015

10/08/2015

Bruce M.

Rob showed up promptly. He worked diligently and carefully in order to remove the door frame in one piece. He offered to help us install the new washer and dryer (that wouldn't fit through the door frame) at no extra charge! He reinstalled the door frame, caulked and puttied the nail holes. All done professionally and meticulously. I would rehire again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Removed door frame and installed new washer and dryer

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 10/07/2015

09/19/2015

Langley M.

It took a good while to finally iron out a day for the estimate, but with my schedule that's fairly normal. But the whole time there was an air of unprofessionalism. However, the worker did what was asked & even found one other minor issue that he fixed as well.

Description of Work
Repaired a small leak around a pipe on my roof.

Work Completed On 09/17/2015

04/08/2015

Samuel G.

I purchased the service on March 11th. After several attempts to schedule to work (no return calls, missed appointments, rescheduled appointments) I finally gave up and cancelled the service on March 24th and demanded a refund from Angie List.

Description of Work
I never could get the work scheduled

Work Completed On 03/26/2015

03/30/2015

Anna F.

I spoke with Rob and he let me know they no longer service my area.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal $200 for 4 Hours of Handyman Service.

Work Completed On 03/30/2015

03/24/2015

ANDY A.

They did okay. I don't think I'll call them again, I don't think it was worth the money. They basically just did an inspection. I was hoping for more that there would be some repairs included. They sort of allude towards basic repairs but they didn't really do any. I felt like I paid $119 for an estimate to fix the roof.

Description of Work
I had a Big Deal for roofing with Arundel Construction. They basically just did an inspection.

Work Completed On 04/16/2014

01/26/2015

LESLIE S.

Instead of one person for 4 hours, there were two persons for 2 hours, which was fine. They were professional and the work was great. However, it took several tries to schedule an appointment and they arrived late.

Description of Work
Handyman services

Work Completed On 01/19/2015

01/21/2015

John D.

After investigating the issue the service provider stated it was not an roof leak and could be a possible plumbing issue, so we did not move forward with the service.

Description of Work
Purchased Big Deal.

Work Completed On 01/20/2015

01/06/2015

Cecelia S.

I purchased a deal from your site for this provider. It took quite awhile to contact him and schedule an appointment. I too had been made aware of his recent personal tragedy. Not unsympathetic. The day of the appointment (Dec. 1), he was two hours late. I called him to make him aware that I was there and that's when he advised that he was in traffic and would be very late. As I plan my days, I had to wait for him as it was so difficult to schedule this appointment. The work was completed and I was satisfied with the quality of the work. However, later that day one of the tenants called to say the deadbolt was not functioning properly, again I had to track him down to reschedule. We rescheduled and he did not show up. So I had to reschedule again. The job was finally completed Jan 4, 2015.

Description of Work
As a property manager I had a list of small repairs, to include changing a deadbolt on the front door.

Category handyman service, doors