Johnson's Landscaping Service Inc

• Trade License Number
  • MHICH 11514

7201 Brookville Rd

Chevy Chase, MD 20815

Johnson’s Landscaping Service, Inc. is a family owned and operated full service landscaping company serving residential and commercial clients of Northwest DC and Montgomery County since 1960. Our passion is to build a strong company, with great people providing top quality service. We enjoy the challenge of solving our clients' landscape problems. Our clients report that the combination of the following three things help us stand apart from the competition. 1. Reliable, family owned and operated since 1960. 2. Skilled, experienced craftsmen. 3. Creative solutions and custom building. Learn about our "proven process" for solving your landscape problems. Start enjoying your outdoor space. Contact us today for a free estimate....

4.4

lawn & landscaping (106)hardscaping (42)lawn care (31)stone & gravel (25)Patios (24)masonry (22)mulch delivering (10)landscape lighting (3)tree service (10)drain pipe installation (9)concrete repair (8)decks & porches (7)

05/24/2020

It went very well and I would use them again but I am moving out of State.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
mulching and cleaning up the bushes, etc.

CATEGORY concrete repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business.

05/08/2020

Almost two weeks to get them to come out and look at the site, and they obviously thought the job was too small. They could've figured it out by just looking up the address and not wasted our time and theirs

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Quote for Landscaping

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/08/2020

08/20/2019

My entire engagement with JLS has been a nightmare. We have a contract that clearly says that -- among other work -- they will install a half ton of river rock. They didn't do it, but sent me an invoice saying the work was done. But that was only part of the problem -- the initial design did not address the drainage issues that prompted me to work with them in the first place. So I agreed to pay m...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Address drainage issues in back yard.

CATEGORY landscaping,pavers, gravel,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/20/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We do not like to receive this kind of feedback, and we work every day to improve our service to our clients. We hope that as we continue to work with you towards final completion of your project that you will be satisfied with the end result. Regards, Matt Johnson

05/26/2019

I was having some drainage issues and had a lot of recent construction leading to many bare spots around my yard. I tried to fix the problems myself, but unsuccessfully. Jamie came over and assessed the front and back yards and provided a thoughtful landscape design. He repurposed previously procured materials to keep costs down. I think the yard looks pretty good now. We are about a month out and...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drainage and Landscaping

CATEGORY landscaping,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/26/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business and for your review! Regards, Matt Johnson Johnson's Landscaping Service, Inc.

03/06/2019

After many phone calls. They answered that they could not accommodate my timeline and 'did not serve my area anyway, because is not close to their place of business' They have my address from the beginning!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drainage pipes in my backyard.

CATEGORY drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/06/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We apologize for the poor service and we will use this to improve our process and the client experience moving forward. Again, our sincere apologies. Matt Johnson, Co-Owner Johnson's Landscaping Service, Inc.

09/12/2017

All work was fone to our satisfaction.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Backyard steps Flagstone stoop Mulching Large stone placement

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,masonry,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/12/2015

08/03/2017

Great. Chief met me ahead of the planned day for the clean up to make a plan, came with hard-working crew to do the job, and it looked great afterwards

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lawn clean up

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/21/2017

Thank you for your review and your business.

07/24/2017

The cleanup has been done. The landscape plan will be developed over the next month or so.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed an overall cleanup after moving in (overgrown plants removed or pruned), and then a landscape plan.

CATEGORY landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2017

05/31/2017

The representative arrived within a few days of my calling for an estimate for the job. He was punctual and very professional. He told me that Johnson's did not do any kind of hardscape or landscape work under $10,000. The meeting was very brief as I had had other contractors before him come over and quote on the same job and they gave me a price much lower than the $10,000.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed an old timber retaining wall taken down and rebuilt that was not very high but 70 feet long.

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/31/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review. Your feedback is important to us as we always seek to improve our process and communication with clients. Regards, Matt Johnson - co-owner Johnson's Landscaping Service, Inc.

12/05/2016

Extremely well, we love the design, the pavers, and the workmanship. They are not the least expensive option and we did our homework, but end-to-end, we liked the results very much. A really professional team and an excellent job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install a new patio with gardening areas

CATEGORY hardscaping,patios

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2016

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review, and thanks for choosing Johnson's Landscaping Service, Inc. Regards, Matt Johnson Johnson's Landscaping Service, Inc.

Landscape Design. Patios. Planting. Fences. Arbors. Trellises. Decks. Stone Walls. Lighting. Water Features. Lawn Mowing. Pruning. Mulching. Weeding. Leaf Removal. Residential & Commercial Maintenance & Design.

We have a minimum threshold for the work we take on, and that includes 1 day of work for a crew of three men.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover