If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Longmeadow, MA
There are 28 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Longmeadow
- Fresh Start the Moving CrewHave moved in the past and months after the move we discovered some damage that went unnoticed. I have waited since 3/3/21, our move date, until now to write a review to make sure no damage was uncovered. Conor, Jimmy, Matt N, and Dakota did a great job. Very courteous and hard working crew that treated our belongings with care. Also, impressed with a gentleman who supervised the entire move. In previous moves with other companies we never had a person that only supervised and didn't do any of the labor. Highly recommend this company
- Fresh Start the Moving CrewGreg, Dakota and Jayvon were amazing and had us moved inside of 5 hours. These guys are super hard workers and were meticulous with our possessions. They even made sure the couch was in the place we wanted after moving it several times! Talk about above and beyond! They didn't stop until the job was done and were absolutely stellar! I will always recommend them to anyone looking for movers. We just can't say enough about how great they were. We've moved many times over the years and have never had a smooth move... until today
- Ideal Movers & Storage IncThe movers were careful and efficient. They were completely attentive to my instructions about where to put things they unloaded. In the end, the final cost matched the estimate exactly.
- Ideal Movers & Storage IncWe engaged Ideal movers to remove two very heavy couches from the house and move a very heavy kitchen island up one floor. In addition they moves a number of other smaller pieces of furniture either out of the house or elsewhere in the house. The workers were on time, polite, very professional, fast, clean, and friendly. We could not have been happier with the service we got and the price came in under the estimate. I will certainly use them for any future moves in the future, and I would strongly recommend them to anyone in the area
- Ideal Movers & Storage IncI have used Ideal Movers at least 9 times in the last 12 years, sometimes for residential movers, and at other times to move my business into various locations as we grew in size. They are attentive, courteous, punctual, professional, friendly and responsive. I highly recommend Ideal Movers and Storage
- Fresh Start the Moving CrewThe crew of Nick, Zack and Conor was so helpful and did absolutely everything we needed. They took great care with our fragile items and wrapped up our furniture nicely. They were efficient and placed everything neatly where it belonged, allowing us to unpack our new house in just two days!
- Fresh Start the Moving CrewOverall a really great experience. Tyler L and Jay S were a great team; everything was wrapped securely and moved with care. They worked very quickly, but I always felt everything was well taken care of. They were also very patient and helpful with dealing with parking in the city. Everything arrived safe and sound
- Stairhopper MoversExcellent. My crew of David, Santos and Oliver were extremely hardworking, courteous, professional, and very careful not to damage anything. I used Stairhopper 3 years prior, and look forward to hiring them next time as well!
- Fresh Start the Moving CrewYesterday, September 24, I moved after 36 years in the same house. I had some beautiful, oak pieces and was very nervous. I called Fresh Start Moving Crew and from the time I called, and spoke to Kristen, my mind was put at ease. Due to house closing issues, I had to change my moving date twice and Kristen effortlessly was able to accommodate those changes. for me. On moving day Greg R., called to say when they would arrive. He and his crew, Alfred and Matt N. arrived on time, wearing company shirts. They were very professional, pleasant, and incredibly strong. Some of my very big, heavy furniture had to be moved 2 flights down to the driveway and truck. All the furniture was transported to my new home and placed where I wanted without any damage. The crew wasted no time and their smiles assured me all was going well. This company is very reasonably priced and at the end I was charged the quoted price. No surprises. I highly recommend this moving company to all and I will use them in the future. I've also posted a review on Yelp. Tina & Dave Moore
- Ideal Movers & Storage IncIdeal Movers, Garrison & Jose were fabulous ! I had to move some things from Holyoke to Northampton and ended up needing them to go back again once I thought we had everything and even though our time was running out, they made it work ! They took great care with everything, were very professional and very nice. I highly recommend them
Movers in Longmeadow
- Business Description:Haul Of Fame Movers is locally owned and operated out of the Springfield MA area. We offer moving services and our Number 1 priority is safety! We make sure your items are delivered safely and securely. Call us for an estimate today!Recent Review:The service was fantastic. I would recommend them. They were timely, friendly, quick, and they took care of my belongings. Overall, they were very professional.Joe p.
- Business Description:Fresh Start The Moving Crew services all of the major cities of New England, including Boston, Hartford, Providence, Worcester and Springfield. Fresh Start The Moving Crew specializes in LOCAL moves and strives to be affordable, as this is a major need for customers in this economy. Please contact us for additional details regarding long-distance moves. From The Beginning… We have always striven to put the customer first, and this is how we went from using a borrowed truck and trailer to serv..Recent Review:The price we paid was slightly lower than one of the big name companies, however, this company has the ability for clutter removal, incase we had stay behind furniture we could not sell. Rainell and his crew did a very good job in packing/loading and offloading our household goods. There was small damage to our freezer (did not affect operation) and Rainell discounted our final payment on the spotSteven S.
- Business Description:Fresh Start The Moving Crew services all of the major cities of New England, including Boston, Hartford, Providence, Worcester and Springfield. Fresh Start The Moving Crew specializes in LOCAL moves and strives to be affordable, as this is a major need for customers in this economy. Please contact us for additional details regarding long-distance moves. From The Beginning… We have always striven to put the customer first, and this is how we went from using a borrowed truck and trailer to serv..Recent Review:Everything went better than expected. The crew- Will and Nick- was prompt. They were quiet and quick and friendly. Moving is a time of stress and anxiety and I have never hired professional movers before. I have heard horror stories about other companies but I couldn't be happier with this one. Hire them for your next jobAnn S.
- Business Description:BQ Transport is a fully insured, licensed and bonded transportation company. We are family owned and have over 25 years of experience in the field. We make it our mission to make sure each customer has a pleasant and easy moving experience. Moving is stressful enough we want to help make it enjoyableRecent Review:This is a terrible moving company that will take advantage of you at every turn. After spending considerable time vetting the recommended list of movers on this website, we chose BQ Transport even though they were NOT the lowest priced but because we were promised a binding estimate and top quality moving services. Not only did they completely fail on providing the basic moving services in the contract let alone anything remotely approaching “top quality” (more on that in a moment), they charged me several thousand dollars above the binding estimate, citing additional packing materials needed although to date they have not been able to provide a single shred of documentation to back up these supposed excess materials requirements. Despite repeated attempts to get in contact with Anthony Cross or anyone from BQ Transport, once they have your money you are left only with recourse through Angie’s List and/or attorneys, both of which I am currently pursuing. As it relates to the services provided themselves, here is a summary of some but not all of the problems: -Movers took from 10AM to 2AM to complete the move out process. Crew was completely ill equipped to handle the job, including me having to provide furniture assembly instructions and having to go to Home Depot for tools. -Movers were often idling around, smoking or talking on cell phone. The foreman worked very hard. The others were slow or incompetent. It took one of the movers the entirely of the day to pack the kitchen (16 cabinets and 16 drawers). -On the move in day a couple months later, I was promised a crew of 5 men given the multiple heavy items BQ Transport had moved for us into storage, i.e. they were completely aware of the manpower/strength requirements. Unfortunately for us, they only sent 3 men for the job, and as a result were not able to move our dining room table into place and left it in our garage. They also couldn’t move a couch into position either as one of the already short staffed crew left early with one of the trucks so they were down to 2 men. To repeat, the very same movers and same foreman who moved all the furniture out of one house claimed on the other side of the move that those same pieces of furniture were just too heavy for them to move and they just left it in our garage which is not where it was intended to be placed and I will have to hire additional movers to move those pieces. -They broke multiple items. I found one of the moving crew behind the house trying to glue an antique back together without telling me. (Photos exist) They also put a hole in the wall by slamming a door open after removing a door stop. I brought all of this to the attention of Anthony Cross at the end of the day and he hung up on me as they had the money in hand already. -Upon opening the poorly packed boxes they had handled, there were also broken items in there (dishes, plates, etc) as they were stacked on top of each other without cushioning (despite their claims of needing all these packing materials). No compensation has been provided for any broken items. They also just emptied knives and knife blocks loose into a box. -To this day, Anthony Cross has not been able to back up any of his claims of excessive volume or packing materials. In fact, the packing list that they provided did not match the list of boxes that came off the truck - I have a copy of everything that came off the truck and it does not nearly match the number of boxes they claim to have used. In summary, this company not only failed to deliver the services they agreed to in the contract, but charged us extra without any evidence or backup for it and we had no choice but to pay it on the spot to get our belongings. After that happened, Anthony Cross and BQ Transport disappeared and refuse to address any of these complaints. Do not use this company - complete bait and switch and they will take advantage of youVanessa R.
- Business Description:Protocol Van Lines is a moving company with the ability to cover all your moving needs. With over 20+ years in the moving industry. We provide a safe and professional handling of all your household goods. We also provide in Commercial Freight Delivery. Local and Long Distance Moving. Call us Today!!Recent Review:Joe, the owner, was unbelievably flexible in adjusting to our numerous changes to our moving schedule. Tammy was a tremendous help in making the final arrangements. On moving day the guys did a great job. They were on time professional and very knowledgeable on the moving process. They completed the move in a timely manner. A pleasure to work withKevin C.
- Business Description:As long as you have a truck we will load everything and anything High, Tight and secure to get your belongings where they need to go safely. We treat your items like we'd treat our own. Getting ready to move anytime soon? Let us be the movers who get you to where you want to be! Give us a call at 860-997-0776 From Local Moves to Apartments to an extra hand if that's all you need, we're the best to call when it comes to moving services in the Hartford area. Give us a call at 860-997-0776 or c..Recent Review:Everything was perfect and the moving company went beyond the call of their detail job description to help out with additional things that need to take place. I would hire there’s a moving company and I would recommend this moving company to a large group of things that need to be moved even on down to a small group of things that need to be moved they were exceptionally well and very professional and again I must emphasize that they went beyond the call of their job the description to help out with other thingsgermaine l.
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :-Victoria S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
Deals in Longmeadow for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- East Longmeadow
- Indian Orchard
- West Springfield
- Feeding Hills
- Broad Brook
- West Suffield
- Windsor Locks
- East Windsor
- Three Rivers
- South Hadley
moving companies in Longmeadow
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 5 Star Moving and Hauling 19 Grant St
- 5 Star Moving and Hauling
- A To Z Moving & Storage Inc380 Union St Ste 1
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts
- AAGGO MOVERS2039 BRIDGE ST
Three Rivers, Massachusetts
- ACI Transport Inc.320 W 9 Mile Rd
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- Ahhmazing Cleanouts4266 Washington St
- All Points Movers LLC25 Burford Ave Unit 1
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- Allen Family Enterprises
- Allen Young Movers P.O. Box 351
- Angelo Enterprises220 Allen St
New Britain, Connecticut
- Arpin Van Lines - B.C. Moving & Storage239 Old Ferry Rd
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A To Z Moving & Storage Inc
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- Baystate West Landscape105 Stockbridge Rd
- Bert Hill Mover Inc978 Southampton Rd
- Boomerang Moving and Storage4 Open Square Way
- BQ Transport, LLC1414 Kings Hwy
Brooklyn, New York
- Bright Eyed Moving1844 Columbus Rd Suite A
- Bushell Piano Movers6 Burbank Cir
- Bates Moving & Storage
- CABRINI MOVING SERVICES INC531 Worthington Street
- Cauldwell Banker Sally Mitchell136 Dwight Rd
- christophers helping hand and home remodiling630 Metropolitan Ave
Hyde Park, Massachusetts
- Clean an Move - 5 Star Moving Help10 Bardwell St
South Hadley, Massachusetts
- Coach USA Moving and Storage30 Main St
- CABRINI MOVING SERVICES INC
- D&G Professional Brokerage9788 Stover Way
- DAHLKE MOVERS99 CARDINAL STREET
Indian Orchard, Massachusetts
- Dales United Shipping and Moving
Poughkeepsie, New York
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Diy Mobile Box66 WESTFIELD INDUSTRIAL PARK ROAD
- D&G Professional Brokerage
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- FIVE COLLEGE MOVERS LLC150 Fearing St #103
- Four Seasons Property Maintenance36 Lawrence Plain Rd
- Fresh Start the Moving Crew70 James St Suite 275
- Fresh Start the Moving Crew150 Front St
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- HILTON AUTO TRANSPORT1611 Crenshaw Blvd (310) 686-5318
- HILTON AUTO TRANSPORT
- Lockwood Self Storage100 Main St.
- Lockwood Self Storage
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Master Lawn Care Solution 926 Worthington St
- Mcgriff Trucking16 Woodland St
West Boylston, Massachusetts
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- MyBuddy26 Williamsberg Dr
- Mansion Movers
- OVO Moving & Storage, Inc.125 SOCKANOSSET CROSS RD
Cranston, Rhode Island
- OVO Moving & Storage, Inc.
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- VINNIE'S REMOVAL SERVICESPO BOX 2047
- VINNIE'S REMOVAL SERVICES