Merrimack Engineering Services

Massachusetts
Massachusetts: General

66 Park St

Andover, MA 01810

Welcome to Merrimack Engineering Services Experience and commitment to excellence are the building blocks that have helped us achieve a stable, prominent presence in the Merrimack Valley. Count on our dedicated team of Land Survey, Civil Engineering and Environmental Consulting professionals to devise plans or offer solutions to your specific problems. We have consistently met the demands of a wide range of commercial, industrial and residential clients including national developers, contractors and architects. We are able to integrate all of our technical expertise to ensure that project parameters meet the exact specifications of our clients as well as meet the strict standards of all local, state and federal agencies. We welcome the opportunity to be of service and hope to add you to the growing number of satisfied clients we have helped over the 35 years we have been serving the community....

4.2

4.3

land surveyors (35)

12/20/2020

Mary M.

Received email end of 9/20. Never completed. No communication. Fired! I called to followup as never received response or work from company or owner. Would never do business with this unprofessional engineer or company. I have hired a professional to perform services via contract locally and well known as highly professional.

Description of Work
Measurement, Plot Plan

Work Completed On 12/20/2020

We received a request for a quote in October and received an authorization to proceed on October 20, 2020, and never even had contact in September of 2020. We had quoted 5 weeks to complete the job, then with the snow and rainstorms we could not work in the field. That is typical and most folks understand that. We had several emails updating the owner with the status of the project and she also met my staff on the site, her quote just a few weeks ago was: "Thank you very much! Its so cold outside I felt badly for your staff-he was so polite, professional. Very grateful for your hard work" so the facts and comments above are the opposite of the emails we shared. Every telephone call to this firm is always returned along with emails, responded to immediately or if information needs be gathered, then promptly.

12/10/2020

King W.

Did excellent job. Has great relationships with boards and more importantly staffs. Knows how to get the job done with working with difficult multi layered permitting

Description of Work
Wetlands permitting and survey

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Review for Merrimack Engineering Services - 66 Park St, Andover, MA - 39076145

10/15/2020

Bill H.

I received an immediate response back and was provided with a quote. They also followed up a few days later to see if I had questions. The builder that I was working with recommended another company and I went with the other company

Description of Work
certified plot plan

Work Completed On 08/23/2020

06/22/2020

SAMMY P.

I was extremely pleased with the work that Merrimack Engineering Services provided in surveying my property. Mr. Stapinski provided me a schedule for completing the work and he was on time and on budget. Mr. Stapinski was timely in responding to my emails and very detailed in defining the scope of work. The staff member who performed the work was extremely professional and took time out to show me the boundary and answer my questions. I would highly recommend Merrimack Engineering Services for all surveying work and if the need arose, I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Mark property boundaries

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

02/16/2020

debra C.

To get a true pic, back in 2016, I asked Steve for a receipt for my survey; he asked, did I charge you $750 or $1000? He charged me $1500! Then in November 2019, I called to have him remark my boundaries on my lower lot where a church had expanded it parking lot paving over 6 ft of my land, installed two new border fences without permission. Steve said, I'm busy. Be there in 3 weeks, no show. Another 3 weeks, no show, Another three weeks, no show. Then, I'm sick. A week later, he's shouting at me on the phone, saying I don't know who you are or why you're calling me. A few days later, Steve called back and said he'd lost my file, only had computer data left... Then, finally frustrated with Steve, I searched Angie's List for a new surveyor, who though he wouldn't be the original surveyor, might be able to help me re-mark my land. Steve emails me on angie's list, saying I've been calling you, only got your answering machine. Fine. Made another appt for this coming week; if he shows, I'll leave another review.... but, given his history, I doubt he'll show. Beware. ***UPDATE*** Steve lost my file; said he worked on number from the computer which were incomplete because he lost my file. Said he'd call me at 7:30am the morning of the visit; he didn't. Figures he used were way off. I could explain in detail, but no need.

Description of Work
mark lot lines, find surveyors pin using his prior survey in 2016

Work Completed On 02/15/2020

09/15/2018

Helena S.

I called him,he told to send a email with the address. I told him I need that done soon as possible,he said he would call me back as soon as he gets the email. This happened about a month ago, still no answer. Very unprofessional. Have no respect for others. He could just tell me he doesn’t want the job. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
Measurement of my lot

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

[Member Name Removed] I am sorry for the apparent breakdown in communication. I pride myself on returning telephone calls and emails as soon as possible. You did send me an email with your address and I sent you one in return requesting you let me know the scope of work you needed. That was August 27 and I did not hear back from you. I sent you the same email again today and ask that you describe the work you need and I will provide you a quote for the fee and time of performance. Again, I endevor to be responsive to the public and all potential and established clients. I appreciate you consideration.

08/06/2018

Barbara P.

It went well. I had no problems. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They did an elevation certificate.

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

07/05/2018

Armida M.

Work got started a little late but was done completely and efficiently once started. Owner was responsive to every request and call.

Description of Work
Needed certified plot pan and lot staked

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

05/15/2017

Yael H.

I needed an as-built survey done urgently and our prior surveyor did not return our calls. I called many surveyors but Merrimack was the most respoinsive and able to take care of us quickly. They answered phone messages and emails quickly. The guys that came out were professional. The work was exactly what we needed and the price was comparable or better than the other guys I called. I would absolutely recommend Merrimack or use them again if I needed similar services!

Description of Work
Survey of our property

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

10/04/2016

Larry S.

I did not use them. I did not talk to them.

Description of Work
I did not use them. I did not talk to them.

04/25/2016

Robyn M.

Provided estimate for plot plans

Description of Work
Estimate for plot plans

Work Completed On 04/21/2016

09/11/2015

George S.

Initial estimate time of completion was 3 weeks after I provided verbal / written green light (July 15). I contacted Steve the first week of August (when I was told it should have been completed). He replied he would be in touch with me by Aug 7 (end of week). I emailed again the following week - he stated he was still working on it. I emailed him the week of Aug 18 to explain the family member who owned the property was in poor health and we wanted to get this completed as soon as possible. No response. The family member died a few days later. I emailed/called again through late August - no response, whatsoever. Im very disappointed - this was very unprofessional of Steve Stapinski and Merrimack Engineering to not acknowledge. It's been nearly 2 mos after the July 15 start date for a 3 week project. Update: October 2015 - Steve followed up on the open issues to close out this preliminary phase. The summary write up was well written and provided us with next step recommendations. We hope to continue working with Steve into future plans. We would recommend Steve to anyone needing work done on their property. Thanks Steve..:)

Description of Work
to conduct a preliminary development study of three parcels of land in Methuen, MA owned by a family member.

Work Completed On 08/07/2015

We have a study completed and we called 6 times to review the report with no response back to us. Obviously there is some communication issue here. He has my cell and office number. He obviously has my emsil on Angie's list.

07/20/2015

Alicia R.

Overall, I was very happy with their service. It did take longer the inital 30 day quote, but I understand that sometimes things take longer than expected. Communication for the most part was a little one sided. Steve was very responsive, but I would have to initiate contact with him in order to get updates. Regardless, I would definitely recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
Surveyed plot and pinned property corners, plus drafted a new plot deed that was registered with the town.

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

07/01/2014

roger G.

They did okay and they look at my suggestions. He's a personable and confident individual.

Description of Work
They did a monitoring for me.

Work Completed On 03/12/2014

04/21/2014

Maria L.

Merrimack Engineering conducted a survey of my home lot. The crew was professional and utilized the latest technology to map , photograph, and compute exact measurements of my lot. They were on time, paid attention to detail and provided a quick turn around prior to selling my home.

Description of Work
Merrimack Engineering surveyed and analyzed my home lot and provided detailed measurements.

Work Completed On 03/14/2014

04/20/2014

Carlos A.

I called them to survey my lot in Andover and make a subdivision plan. I told them I needed it quickly and they got everything done in 2 weeks, including the Form A plan which they advised me about. No other surveyor I spoke to knew about this and this firm was the most knowledgable. They are truly experts in their field.

Description of Work
Land survey & subdivision plan

Work Completed On 04/03/2014

04/20/2014

gunya C.

I called several people to perform a FEMA Flood certificate for a house I was buying and got several prices. They had the best price and turnaround-7 days. Even though the weather was not ideal they still came on time, did the fieldwork and then provided the certificate the next day. So actually, they got it done one day early! They were recommended to me by my insurance agent and I am so glad I used their service. I actually then hired them to stake my lot and they are going to do that this month. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
FEMA Flood Certificate

Work Completed On 03/01/2014

12/29/2013

Christine P.

They were not able to do for several weeks, but once here, they did a good job. I tried to coordinate it so that I would be home when they staked out the lot, so they could show all the markers to me. That was a bit difficult, as they could not say exactly when they would be out. As it turned out, I was here when they arrived, so worked out fine.

Description of Work
Surveyed a 2 acre lot, odd shaped, many angles.

Work Completed On 10/15/2013

07/28/2013

Samantha P.

I contacted the company to get a quote on doing a property line survey, but never received a response from them. They sound like a very knowledgeable company, but I can only rate my personal experience, which was that they did not follow up with my request for a quote, and that is unprofessional. I will update my review if I am contacted by MES. UPDATE: The president of the company, Stephen Stapinski, contacted me personally after seeing my Angie's List review. He apologized for not responding to my original inquiry and explained that they had issues with their website during that time. Rather than get upset about my review, he sent me a very nice letter and asked if they could have an opportunity to make it right. He was also very pleasant on the phone when we spoke. Since I had not yet had the work done, he asked if they could bid, and he sent me a quote that same day. Unfortunately the quote was significantly higher than others I received, so I did not hire them for the job, but I was very impressed by his professionalism and his concern that a customer was unhappy. So I am updating my review to reflect my additional interaction with this company, and I am pleased to report that they handled the situation very well.

Description of Work
I contacted Merrimack Engineering Services to do a property line survey on my residence. No work was performed. Approximate cost of service $1500.00.

Work Completed On 10/04/2013

We never received a request from [member name removed]. We respond to every email we receive on the say day we receive it and return every telephone call every day.

05/15/2013

Ann Marie L.

The job was done exactly as requested. Prompt return phone call and quick service. Walked the land even in the snow and then came back out to survey the area. Came back with the plans perfectly. Very reliable

Description of Work
This company is very professional. Prompt return phone call and quick service. Walked the land even in the snow and then came back out to survey the area. Came back with the plans perfectly. Very reliable.

Work Completed On 03/28/2013

05/13/2013

Srinivasan R.

Never even got a call-back for the initial inquiry!

Description of Work
I needed a survey done of my property.

Work Completed On 04/29/2013

I reviewed our voicemail and message pads and never received a call regarding services from this person. We return our calls everyday

03/29/2011

Matthew G.

Our experience went very well. They scheduled a site visit, gathered the information and submitted a report to us on par with the narrow timeline we required. I am very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Merrimack Engineering Services was hired to research and survey a recent building we purchased with the intent of redeveloping. Due to their comprehensive analysis and surveying, we are able to expedite our permitting process to move forward with our plans. This might not have been possible given the information we received from the Municipality who could have turned us down (costing us considerable more time and money). Merrimack Engineering was able to clearly show our boundaries and assist us with zoning compliance.

Work Completed On 03/17/2011