A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Shreveport, LA
There are 3 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Shreveport
- Bordelon Septic SystemsExceptional, Effective and Efficient! From the minute I called Bordelon Septic Systems until the service technician left, one word describes my experience - exceptional. The very professional service technician identified the two problems with the septic system immediately and was effective and efficient in making the repairs very quickly. He cleaned the filtees and then made sure the entire system worked properly from the intake all of the way to the three sprinkler heads. I would only call Bordelon Septic Systems in the future and recommend you do the same
- Bordelon Septic SystemsMike Parker called within minutes of my request and they scheduled coming out as soon as possible. Mike knew exactly what the issue would be with the pump and it was repaired immediately. The pump truck came out and pumped out the septic tank with very, very minimal damage to the lawn and in such a way that the sod could be put back and grow where it appeared there had never been any disruption to the lawn. Overall, an extremely professional and quality job and the only company I would call for any future septic tank needs
- Blue Heron Septic LLCThe service men were prompt, professional, and very thorough. I am extremely satisfied with their service, and will definitely spread the word. Plan on establishing a maintenance agreement with Blue Heron!
- Blue Heron Septic LLCIt went very well. System failure occurred on a weekend. Todd and his crew came out early Sunday morning and stayed until the job was completed. The service charge and part cost was fair. This company was very professional, friendly, and informative. If you want a professional, quality job at a fair price Herron is who you want
- Blue Heron Septic LLCVery well Very professional job done ,knowable,flexible schedule.Would definitely recommend this company.
- Blue Heron Septic LLCVery professional. Appointment made on my schedule. Flushed tank and cleaned filter and showed me how to clean it to help in future possible repairs.
- Sheffield Plumbing and Sewer SystemsCame out and fixed the problem the same day we called. Got the work done quickly and efficiently and everything is working properly. Don’t know how to rate cost since I don’t know what the price should be. This company was recommended by our regular plumber who said this is who he uses.
- Bordelon Septic SystemsPrompt service and called ahead to verify they were on the way. Excellent professionalism from the worker and answered all questions i had.
- Bordelon Septic SystemsBordelon Septic Systems found a broken pipe in the septic system and fixed it as well as replaced a sprinkler head. The price was lower than I thought it would be. They do beautiful work. Bordelon Septic Systems is very professional. They were on time and done in less than an hour. The clean up was amazing. I would absolutely use them in the future
- Dean's Septic SystemsThe office staff was very professional. They gave a specific time they would be here and called me ahead of time to let me know that they would 20 minutes late. They knew exactly what they were doing. They handled the issue right away. They price was exactly what they said they would be.
Last update on February 25, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Shreveport, LA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you should hire a septic service pro or a plumber depends on many factors. Here’s how to tell who should fix your septic system backup.
Septic tank risers make it easy to access your septic tank when it’s time for routine inspection, maintenance, and pumping, saving you precious time and labor costs.
Find septic tank services in
- Bossier City,
- Red Chute,
- Elm Grove,
- Oil City,
- Plain Dealing,
- Cotton Valley,
Septic Tank Contractors in Shreveport, LA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A Trac Excavation & Septic, LLC6898 Highway 1
Shreveport, Louisiana 71107
- Bobby L Greene Plumbing And Heating Co Inc2630 Midway Ave
Shreveport, Louisiana 71108
- Buhite Construction , Buhi Enterprise LLC8235 Jefferson Paige Rd
Shreveport, Louisiana 71119
- Dean's Septic Systems6245 Smith Ln
Shreveport, Louisiana 71107
- A Trac Excavation & Septic, LLC
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- MCGREW WASTE WATER PRODUCTS1030 Eastside dr
Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
- MCGREW WASTE WATER PRODUCTS
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup4925 Shed Rd
Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup
- Sheffield Plumbing and Sewer Systems234 Kent Dr
Princeton, Louisiana 71067
- Sheffield Plumbing and Sewer Systems
Septic tank companies that service Shreveport
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.